Discontinued Thermovape Cera

aj0125

Try a more slow and steady draw, like really slow. I roast the shit out my ABV with Cera its almost all dark brown/black, but its definately not combusted, when you combust you will know it, it will taste like absolute crap and the bowl will be totally smoking on its own. How tight are you packing it, if really tight you can try a more loose packed bowl.

I will keep the draw speed in mind. I thought maybe I would want to speed up draw midway into the hit so the flowers do not get too hot and combust, but what the hell do I know?
Pretty light pack, I figured better not pack it very tight. The bottom of my bowl is black and when I rub it between my fingers it is black ash like substance, but not grey ash and not smoking on its own. Combusted? Not combusted? Doesn't taste terrible at that point, but certainly not too good either.

aj0125,

YeeeBuddy

I dont think your combusting, it will really taste like crap, not talking burnt popcorn here. Also the bowl will be cherry and smoking on its own/ smoke coming out the mouthpiece. I wasnt kidding when i said I roast the shit out of my ABV.

LOL is yours darker than this, this is actually one thing I love about the cera, being able to very thoroughly vape my herbs without combusting, I have a hard time doing this with the power of the flashvape. This is what mine usually looks like, it would be nowhere near this dark if i took a couple less hits at the end of the bowl but I like to go for it :freak: .

abvi.jpg

aj0125

That is about what mine looks like, no cherry ever on the bowl. Thanks for the photo reference. I guess for some reason I was under the impression that you could "combust" without a cherry or fire,but on the other hand is that the definition of combustion? I don't know I can't think for shit right now it has been a very long day (mostly in a good way at least). I need to go to bed...

aj0125,

YeeeBuddy

I always just thought it was very thorough vaporization, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone can chime in who knows more about this than me. I'm not a vapor expert by an means so don't take anything I say as gospel lol.

TheRobbo

Hey all,
I'll be getting a Cera in the not too far distant future, and want to get some of the Panasonic 18650CH batteries before they all go. I've got an Aussie source for these (same place therobbo got his I believe) and they have both the nipple top and flat top versions. Which are the best fit for the Cera?

Cheers
TF

I can assure you those batteries are fine so much so you should sling me couple while your at it :-P But seriously they are good.

R

TheRobbo,
Reactions: Tom Funk

OF

I always just thought it was very thorough vaporization, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone can chime in who knows more about this than me.

I don't know who really knows what in the end, but for now I think you're absolutely right.

Combustion has a scientific definition we can fall back on (good term for us to have stolen IMO). Combustion is where chemical reactions that release energy happen. Probably the two of most interest are combining the Carbon in the load with Oxygen in the air making it back into CO2 again (where it came from to start with....before it was a different hydrocarbon before it was CO2 and so on). Basically what happens as the burgers cook on the barbie. There charcoal (carbon) is converting with the oxygen you've carefully adjusted the vents for into CO2 and lots of heat. The other is the similar reaction of the Hydrogen combining with more Oxygen making water (H2O) which due to the temperatures is steam not liquid, again liberating energy stored from sunlight before in stripping the Hydrogen from different water.

The key is all the extra energy. In a vape that gets combined with the heat we're providing trying to evaporate the goods (no chemical reactions here, just converting stuff from liquid to gas, it can come back again to liquid as 'wand hash' unlike combustion which can't reverse). This higher heat makes more reactions happen, which makes more heat and it 'runs away with itself' in a chain reaction we can't control.

In the 'fire triangle' lesson from Boy Scouts we have plenty of fuel and Oxygen (two of the sides), give it enough heat (the third) and fire happens and we have a problem. From that point on we have plenty of everything and the only way to shut it down is knock a leg out of the triangle. In our case we stop adding more Oxygen since we're too busy coughing, getting dizzy, swearing, coughing some more, promising to never ever do that again and so on.

So I agree, while some guys that haven't might wonder if they did combust, few if any who do will question something seriously different happened that hit than last.

OF

funkin

Has anyone tried using ejuice in the EL core yet? I'm wondering what that experience is like. I've recently gotten into vaping 0nic ejuice. I just like playing with vapor and some of the juices taste really good. I'm considering the EL core if it produces a lot of flavor compared to other ecig methods.

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Has anyone tried using ejuice in the EL core yet? I'm wondering what that experience is like.

Maybe this is a sign from above you need another core?
I think at this stage we should bestow you with an honorary FC degree, as your prescription is once again on point Doctor OF :D

Even lame, Cera is the best horse in the stable.
Giddyup! *ck ck* :lol:

funkin

Oh really? Like no hint of tobacco or nic flavor at all?

Yep, just blowing tasty vapor rings. I've been mostly puffing on two flavors called Red Drop and Unicorn Blood. Red Drop tastes like one of those red white and blue rocket popsycles, Unicorn Blood tastes kind of like fruit loops. :clap: This is all on a cheap eGo battery and cotton-stuffed boge cartomizers, so I'm thinking the Cera EL might be a sweet upgrade since I already have the Cera with EO. It's a choice between the EL, a Vamo, and a Provari right now.

OF

Is the mflb "micro hit" technique a good one for hitting the cera?

Good question, but no, I don't think so. I assume we're talking LL cores here, not oil. Two entirely different types of vapes. MFLB is conduction, you want to draw the vapors off as they are made, but don't want to draw lots of extra air through.

Cera, OTOH, is a convection vape. Heat is built away from the load and hot air must be drawn in the load area to do the sork, we need to draw lots of extra air through. Major difference. "Micro hits" aren't going to move enough hot air fast enough to ever make vapor, at least not enough to make a fuss over.

I suggest you either preheat the daylights out of the core (half a minute or more) then start sucking a lot and seeing what you get or (more advisedly) follow the 3 steps to happiness. Preheat fully, stick with the step 2 long steady pulls until you get a positive 'test puff' then honk on it to your heart's content.

OF

TheRobbo

It appears that I have a small copper tab in my Cera that prevents the use of flat-batteries. I do not know if this is unique to my Cera or if it is something TET has done. Be on the safe side and check with TET about this or get the button tops.

It's ok the ones I was referring to are exactly the same as the ones I received with Cera (way back at the start) 2250mah button top. And boy do they kick arse.

Breathemetal

Thanks OF!
I pretty much know all i need to know now.
Now just to wait on funds to clear up a bit.
Any eta on a pa?

Breathemetal,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks OF!

Any eta on a pa?

You're welcome.

Beats me on a PA. I've made two prototypes, one internally regulated, the other externally. I've posted photos and stories here. The second, simpler, one is actually being used right now by a forum member who's Ti Cera is waiting on the new bonding before he sends it in. That version, if you recall, doesn't need an intact switch or ground strap. FWIW I got a PM from him a few days back, repeatedly thanking me over and over. The line's gone dead......I can only assume the PA is working well and the concentrate holding out. If he does it too much he's going to forget to pay the electric bill. We may have to wait until they cut his power before he comes out?

My guess is they'll take it up in due time, or we'll do an end around like Pipes did on the T1. Somewhere in there is the mini Cera and hopefully some thread adapters to run EO cores on other supplies.......

OF

aj0125

Thanks to all who weighed in on the combustion concern. One of the many reasons I vaporize is health and I do not want to be accidentally combusting(fuck that). The ash-like feel of the black depleted leftovers just had me a little worried, what you guys said makes sense though and come to think of it my Pax on high (I never do this because it tastes horrible) tastes way worse than any Cera hit could and leaves the material as black as black can be. Now, if I could just get a little more free time today to get to know Cera a little better...

aj0125,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I'm finding that the reclaim offered up by the ceramic mouthpiece is a game changer when you're getting by on ABV… A significant improvement over trying to do the same thing with only a launch box at my disposal!

I do run into combustion once in a while, but I'm confident that I'll be able to reign that in with experience. Once in a while it all goes just right, and the heavy cannabinoids just seem to flow endlessly…

—nopart

AirDru

A gram a day? Damn. Im assuming you mean YOU go through a gram a day, not that it TAKES a gram to feel medicated?
1/4th a gram gets me medicated hahaha.

The thing is that I would never use that much dabbing. A gram will last me a week taking bb sized dabs. I can't afford to use the cera eo. It's really too bad because I love using it.

YeeeBuddy

It's ok the ones I was referring to are exactly the same as the ones I received with Cera (way back at the start) 2250mah button top. And boy do they kick arse.

He's not kidding, I have literally been hoarding them since I found out they arent being made anymore. I'm even considering buying more LOL, especially at that price.

Top 3 are in my current rotation, the rest are new saving for a rainy day.
batts.jpg

OF

He's not kidding, I have literally been hoarding them since I found out they arent being made anymore. I'm even considering buying more LOL, especially at that price.

You're not alone there. I too have 8 of 'em stashed away. Great price, and even if they introduce an even cheaper one the performs even better I won't feel stocking up was a bad idea I don't think, these guys do an outstanding job IMO. They also breathe new life into other supplies like Persei.

With all this chatter I too am thinking 'maybe just one set of four more?'.......

"Get 'em quick, before they're all gone".

OF

Top Bottom