Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

I'm starting from scratch now beginning with a boil. How long does it need to bake@ 210f for in order to be properly dry?

"Until it's dry"? I know, not a useful answer.....but it's hard to say. I get as much water out as I can before I dry it out. Shake/blow out what will come, then usually try to blot it with a towel. I bake it for 'a while' then usually leave it in the toaster oven until I'm ready to use it (or need the toaster for something else).

I also lay it on it's side, I think that aids the air exchange. It doesn't do any good to evaporate the water if it doesn't leave. If it's still wet (sizzles when heated), I dry it until that doesn't happen. Doesn't do to try to mix oil and water.

You might also try 10 or 20 more degrees? You're looking for 'boiling water' temperature, your dial might be a little off?

OF

toros23

My technique is almost identical to what OF mentions except the start.. I take the small container TET uses to ship spare carts, insert the EO cart, pour in a little 99% ISO and lightly shake the cart. I change the ISO once or twice until it is mostly clear after shaking. Then I boil for about 20 mins, shake and blow out (from the bottom) as much water as I can and then bake on 240-250F for about 20 mins laying on its' side. I just did it with a new Ti EO cart last night and only needed one 20/20 burnoff. Even did a couple extra 20/20 burns for good measure to be sure but it was already dry/clean and no crackling/hissing.

ChicagoVapoKing

I've never been more dissapointed with a product!
The truth....
This thing is like carrying 5 roles of quarters around, in other words its so heavyy pants fall off!
The battery is garbage, the unit is a nice paper weight, it won't hear up at all!
It's never worked!
If this company doesn't issue me a return its free other then shipping to the first respondent!
If some one can get it to work please let me know and I'll have only a few negative things to say!

ChicagoVapoKing,

toros23

I've never been more dissapointed with a product!
The truth....
This thing is like carrying 5 roles of quarters around, in other words its so heavyy pants fall off!
The battery is garbage, the unit is a nice paper weight, it won't hear up at all!
It's never worked!
If this company doesn't issue me a return its free other then shipping to the first respondent!
If some one can get it to work please let me know and I'll have only a few negative things to say!

Sorry to hear about your issues but you should contact TET right away if you are having issues.

By the way, I think 5 rolls of quarters is a slight exaggeration. Just to set the record straight:

Ti with EO cart and battery: 9.6 ounces (1 roll and 8 quarters)
SS with EO cart and battery: 11.1 ounces (1 roll and 16 quarters)

OF

Dibs! But I know that's useless since TV will surely take care of you......I just don't want Bob getting it.

Yes, we can get it to work if the core is good (most likely). Or you can get TV to do it for you. You may think the battery is garbage, but most understand it's the best possible one for the job. There are something over 250 happy owners, most of them on this forum (since TV doesn't advertise, and nobody else sells them, how else would customers happen?). The unit is solid, you should have noticed many dozens of raving posts here? Perhaps over 100?

A belt will fix the falling trousers issue, it's as heavy as it is, no way around that. That part is not a secret.

I believe you meant to say it doesn't heat at all.....none hear AFAIK. Which version do you have?

OF

ChicagoVapoKing

Thanks for the responses, you guys are quick!
I'm hoping it does get fixed and I did contact the oem. The reviews are great, that's why I bought it. I'm shocked it doesn't work.
2 rolls, 5 rolls eh it's damn heavy and it does resemble a dildo.
Anyone have a battery fix?
Or a way to test if its the core?
TIA

ChicagoVapoKing,
Reactions: JoeKickass

OF

Thanks for the responses, you guys are quick!

Anyone have a battery fix?
Or a way to test if its the core?

You're welcome, fast we are. Good would be better, but go with what you've got?

Again, which version are we talking about, please?

What makes you sure it's a battery issue?

OF

aj0125

I wasn't so warm right off the bat.

How would you compare the learning curve of the LL cart on Cera to the T1? I just got my shipping email tonight so I will have Cera in my hands in a few days and I am excited/nervous about performance. It took me a while to really get the hang of the T1 but once I did I liked it quite a bit. I will take the advice of you and OF about not giving up right away. How long did it take you to get 'the hang of it'?

aj0125,
Reactions: OF

YeeeBuddy

How would you compare the learning curve of the LL cart on Cera to the T1? I just got my shipping email tonight so I will have Cera in my hands in a few days and I am excited/nervous about performance. It took me a while to really get the hang of the T1 but once I did I liked it quite a bit. I will take the advice of you and OF about not giving up right away. How long did it take you to get 'the hang of it'?

Honestly I wouldnt worry about it too much, I never tried the T1 or any other convection vape and i had no trouble making vapor. Maybe took me a week to really master it but like i said i was starting from scratch with no experience whatsoever. If you are already efficient with the T1 then you should be fine. Remember to use properly ground and dried flower plus a steady inhale and your good to go.

Ogvaporkush

Please review the forum rules. Do not post for the purpose of starting a dispute.
something over 250 happy owners, most of them on this forum (since TV doesn't advertise, and nobody else sells them, how else would customers happen?).
I'm very certain TV advertises....They SHOWCASED their operation on Techchrunch!!!! I also always get Thermovape Advertisements on webpages I visit so they are obviously paying to target people who visit their site!
The unit is solid, you should have noticed many dozens of raving posts here? Perhaps over 100?
100 posts out of 3366 total? WOW! Less than three percent of the posts in this thread are good reviews! The other 97% is problems.

A belt will fix the falling trousers issue, it's as heavy as it is,
Do they make belts than increase pocket size in SF?

Ogvaporkush,

scottfree

I'm very certain TV advertises....They SHOWCASED their operation on Techchrunch!!!! I also always get Thermovape Advertisements on webpages I visit so they are obviously paying to target people who visit their site!

100 posts out of 3366 total? WOW! Less than three percent of the posts in this thread are good reviews! The other 97% is problems.

Your trippin, where did you learn to read?

scottfree,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

You gotta be kidding me... look up what internet cookies are. 100 "good" posts in a thread about the device... discussing the device... are you for reals right now or are you just stoned?

scottfree

So the best extracts I found for the Cera EO is Real Amber Glass or Absolute Shatter IMO... Leaves no residue. Because there is no fats, waxes, lipids, or solids there was no sludge left behind and taste great ,also they have the highest levels of THC.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So the best extracts I found for the Cera EO is Real Amber Glass or Absolute Shatter IMO... Leaves no residue. Because there is no fats, waxes, lipids, or solids there was no sludge left behind and taste great ,also they have the highest levels of THC.
winterized oil would be even better due to the ethanol pulling whatever plant waxes the solvent doesn't.

edit: nevermind misread, "absolute" oil is winterized...

YeeeBuddy

Thanks. How fine do you grind for best results?

I like a really fine grind almost like saw dust, I dont think its necessary but IMO makes vapor production a little easier. I got a 15 dollar coffee grinder from walmart thats been working great. heres some Girl scout cookies I ground up

gsce.jpg

YeeeBuddy

I dont think so, what would be happening if it did? I'm guessing it would just combust and taste like crap i dont think thats happening.

YeeeBuddy,

OF

If this is serious, please show me some of these 3266 (unresolved) problems? How about five? One?

If it's just making trouble, please take it elsewhere? You know what I'm saying.......

TIA

Your trippin, where did you learn to read?

As a guess, the UK?

OF

tavosvo

My technique is almost identical to what OF mentions except the start.. I take the small container TET uses to ship spare carts, insert the EO cart, pour in a little 99% ISO and lightly shake the cart. I change the ISO once or twice until it is mostly clear after shaking. Then I boil for about 20 mins, shake and blow out (from the bottom) as much water as I can and then bake on 240-250F for about 20 mins laying on its' side. I just did it with a new Ti EO cart last night and only needed one 20/20 burnoff. Even did a couple extra 20/20 burns for good measure to be sure but it was already dry/clean and no crackling/hissing.

That's basically how I'd do it as well I would give this exact advice to anyone wondering how to clean. Spot on mate.

Regarding that post about the absolute amber - I've been thinking that would be the ultimate, but its fairly difficult to get pure ethanol or even everclear here in Hawaii..

OF

That's basically how I'd do it as well I would give this exact advice to anyone wondering how to clean. Spot on mate.

Regarding that post about the absolute amber - I've been thinking that would be the ultimate, but its fairly difficult to get pure ethanol or even everclear here in Hawaii..

As I hope I said, I don't think there's any 'right' way, a lot of techniques work well. Combining them works even better. The key is the Cera cores are so tough and forgiving it's hard to hurt them with reasonable attempts.....nearly anything improves the level of fouling. Then again, they soldier on in some truly ugly conditions, again testament to their excellent design and construction IMO.

As we were discussing on another thread earlier today, how about Denatured Alcohol? This is basically pure ETOH with enough Methyl Alcohol (or other agent) to make it un drinkable. Often sold as thinner for paint products:
https://www.google.com/search?q=den...fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

It's used in Sterno, so you all ready know not to drink it...... Unless you want to hang with the blind wino set of course.

I've never used it for this, but properly purged I see no reason not to....and the price is right.

OF

Top Bottom