Discontinued Thermovape Cera

OF

It's the holding stuff together part I was mostly concerned with.. But back to batteries, mods and other fun stuff..

Not a real concern here, both ends are well secured mechanically without the solder (and in early life lived without it in fact).

Like I said, I'm in basically the same boat, better even since I can get it 'fixed' while I wait, but don't intend to unless it's broken.

Even more so since I've just invented a $2.60 work around, and you get the sixty cents part back.......

Besides which, serious vapers have redundant vape resources, right?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ShipDit

OF

Is there any true benefit to the ti model other than durability and the lessened weight?

I'm pretty sure my Ti oil core heats faster, that is taking a single hit from a cold start. If you plan on torching it I'd go with Ti over SS for sure. To some the appearance is worth a lot, FWIW I find it kind of fun because it's different.

I'm sure pride of ownership plays a big role for some, for a fairly small sum (to many) you can own the best, Starbuck's Coffee depends on that idea. A true luxury the common man can afford to indulge in if they really want to.

OF

Breathemetal

Further explain what you mean by torching please.
If you mean running through a lot of wax and vapin at high temps then ya, i intend to do that hahaha. I guess this just gives me more time to save up for a mini ti? Hmmm decisions decisions.

Breathemetal,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Further explain what you mean by torching please.
If you mean running through a lot of wax and vapin at high temps then ya, i intend to do that hahaha. I guess this just gives me more time to save up for a mini ti? Hmmm decisions decisions.
No no, torching, as in with a butane-powered torch, to clean the core. There was a video TV put up a while back where he literally applied a torch to the cart to clean it (held by some tongs, of course.) I'll see if it's still up.

edit: it's not up, but imagine a torch on the core

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I got my Cera back today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A couple of my buddies who didnt get to try the cera before repair,got to try her!!!!!
My friend who never is to medicated ( I mean never) basically pulled out the white flag, He was like "No more, No more" lol
I kinda feel bad because I knew he was going to be annihilated!!!!!:brow:
He wants a pen vape, no longer!!! Another one, converted over to a cera-aholic!!!

HUGE Thanks to TET, wow..............my cera works better than i remembered!!!!

I thru in some terp-x Techron diesel shatter, then some green crack shatter, what a lovely combo............so sweet!!!!!!!

OF

I kinda feel bad because I knew he was going to be annihilated!!!!!:brow:
He wants a pen vape, no longer!!! Another one, converted over to a cera-aholic!!!

Yer a good man, Blaze. And clearly a good friend to your buds. If they knew about Cera and didn't clue you in you'd be (rightly) pissed at them, right?

Keep spreading the good word, Tim and the guys can make more. I've seen 'em do it, they're getting mighty good at it......

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
As long as the topic has gravitated towards MODs and External Power, I thought I'd show a couple of pictures of what I've been up to getting the most from my TET stuff. TET makes the tastiest (and healthiest) vaporizer cores, bar none. Whether I'm vaping botanicals with my T1 or Evo, and especially when I'm vaping concentrates with my DART, no other device I've ever tried produces better flavor or better efficiency of extraction. However, I'm a big fan of regulating the power to the core, while TET believes in the reliability of a totally non-electronic power source. The battery and holder and switch parts as a whole are commonly called a "mod". The mod is everything excluding the vaporizer. A "mechanical" mod has no electronics. The APEX/TET line of mods for 510 threaded atomizers was as efficient and well made as any of the best custom mech mods, and the Cera line is untouched by anyone else. State of the art materials and a low resistance wholly mechanical mod. Still, I like my hits to be the same from the first hit off a freshly charged battery to the last, so I prefer an electronic mod. :p

Meanwhile, unlike all the other crazies here (and I mean that in the best possible way, and I include myself in that group), I decided to wait to order from the Cera line until TET had their production in order, had figured out the finer details, and had a TET-to-510 adapter available. I think they're pretty much there now, except for the adapter, so if I can talk OF or Pipes or someone else into making me an adapter to screw a TET Cera core into a 510 connector, I'll probably be ordering a Ti EO core in a couple of weeks. And maybe a LL core as well. I already have everything else waiting patiently for it. I have the official TET glass mouthpiece (not the GoG adapter, the actual mouthpiece version), and a box full of CGR18650CH batteries.

I'm going to put the Cera cores on this:

DualInHand_zps13fd4f29.jpg

It's a beautiful custom made wood mod. It takes TWO 18650 batteries. It has a 95% efficient regulator. It will provide up to 20 Watts of power to an atomizer. (The Cera line takes between 14 Watts and 16 Watts, as I recall, depending on which core). It is guarantied to drive a 1.0Ω load, but has been reported to work just fine with a 0.8Ω load. (This means I probably won't have to talk Tim into custom winding me a special core). It feels nice. It smells nice. :)

In the picture it's currently pumping 20 Watts into a TET SV Evo core, which is surrounded by modified TET Delrin heat shield, and has a long TET Delrin mouthpiece with a UFO in the end. It's really a wonderful thing. 13.5 Watt hours instead of 3 Watt hours (in the T1 mod, not the Cera mod) = 4.5 times the run time compared to my T1. When I get the Cera core on it, it'll have twice the run time of a Cera mod, which only uses one 18650, and 9 times the current run time of my Evo on a T1.

It is pretty big though. And not every TET core needs 20 Watts, so for my DARTS I've taken to using this other custom made wood mod:

Mini_zps4096c516.jpg

It's a rectangular version of a "tube" mod. It fits in the hand wonderfully, and feels great. I enjoy holding (and using) this mod more than any of my other mods. Just picking it up brings a smile to my face. It's only 12 Watts, which isn't enough for a T1 or Evo or Cera core, but it is enough for a DART/Revo core. It doesn't have the readouts the bigger one has, it has a single tiny button that you can press up, down, left, right, or in to fire the thing, and you have to adjust the wattage you want using a trimmer inside (so you really should have an inline 510 voltmeter), but once you adjust it to your liking you don't usually need to adjust it again. I like vaping most concentrates at 9 Watts with the DART core, and one of the nice things about this mod (and the big one above) is that you don't have to change any settings when switching from a LV TET core to a SV TET core. Since the regulator is set to provide a given Wattage (not voltage), when you change cores, it automatically adjusts the voltage to supply whatever power you've dialed in.

Here's another picture so you can get a sense of the size of things. It shows the two wood Mods behind a TET UltraLite, a TET Ultra, and a TET T1 base.

GroupShot_zpsd4908003.jpg

OF

It is guarantied to drive a 1.0Ω load, but has been reported to work just fine with a 0.8Ω load. (This means I probably won't have to talk Tim into custom winding me a special core).

Pretty, and stealthy. It could easily pass for a scrap of 2 X 4, except for the finish...... You could hide it in the wood box next to the fireplace. Just be sure nobody gets drunk and feeds it to the evening fire.

Don't bet the farm on Cera cores. I'm looking at my actual test results (current and voltage readings and Ohm's Law) on 3 LL cores and 2 EO carts, one of them is over .80 Ohms (.83), the other EO core, my Ti one, is .78 Ohms, the LL cores are .66, .74 and .79. I believe the final LL core is the first listed. That is they're all seriously under .80, let alone the guarantied 1.00. As with the LL, I think my Ti core is the final production value (give or take), the first is my Beta core on it's third rebuild IIRC. Late in the program the decision was made to up the powers across the board, I think other testers were suggesting it, I was asked and said I was OK with lower powers but understand how many want 'all the law allows'......and maybe a wee bit more.

OF

aj0125

What's OK and what's 'the best' are of course two different things. Usually guys want to buy the best even at a few bucks more (not four times....) if it's not a routine buy.

:doh: In that post OF is referring to I used the word OK, but really meant safe. I would rather pay more for quality but was stoked to hear those batteries on Amazon were the original testers. I really do want the best for my Cera and ideally want to pay as little as possible to do so. Thank you again OF for all of the great information (as usual) you have imparted to me (and many others) on this forum.

aj0125,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thank you again OF for all of the great information (as usual) you have imparted to me (and many others) on this forum.

You're very welcome, that's exactly why I do it, of course. Informed choices depend on reliable information, right? And we're literally talking life and death issues in some cases, it doesn't get much more important than that.

That blazing stuff, fun as it is, can kill you off before your time.

OF

OF,
Reactions: aj0125

Breathemetal

So since we now have official word that there will be a mini, can we get some info on if there will be a Ti Mini?
If not...Im just gonna save up and get the full-size Ti

Breathemetal,

YeeeBuddy

Yeah mine seems to have the same problem, still waiting on my repair to be sent back to me still. Any word on yours yet?

----

When we get our Ceras back will this copper strip problem ever come back again though? Or is this a bug that TV has sorted out now that a bunch of people has reported it and had to return their Ceras?

Really bummed about having my Cera out for repair more than I have used it, so far.

I just dropped it off at USPS today so its gonna be a few days. I'm at least glad my Cera will be getting rebuilt with all the newest procedures hopefully making it bulletproof. I dont live far from TET headquarters so turnaround shouldn't be too long. The money I saved in the month of using Cera more than payed for another vape to hold me over, like alot of other people have said It is great for conserving flower, really gets you the most out of that tiny load.

Breathemetal

I just dropped it off at USPS today so its gonna be a few days. I'm at least glad my Cera will be getting rebuilt with all the newest procedures hopefully making it bulletproof. I dont live far from TET headquarters so turnaround shouldn't be too long. The money I saved in the month of using Cera more than payed for another vape to hold me over, like alot of other people have said It is great for conserving flower, really gets you the most out of that tiny load.

good to know i will be conserving!
i go through enough wax as it is...hoping the cera will help fix my problem...heh.
man i really want to wait for the mini but aghhh idk if i can, maybe ill just have to get both, haha.

Breathemetal,

toros23

good to know i will be conserving!
i go through enough wax as it is...hoping the cera will help fix my problem...heh.
man i really want to wait for the mini but aghhh idk if i can, maybe ill just have to get both, haha.

If you decide to pull the trigger before a mini version is released, your investment in the EO cart(s) will be protected. Hang around here long enough and you will quickly learn the carts is where the real magic is happening.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Pretty, and stealthy. It could easily pass for a scrap of 2 X 4, except for the finish...... You could hide it in the wood box next to the fireplace. Just be sure nobody gets drunk and feeds it to the evening fire.

2x4 indeed. I really haven't used the big boy out and about, but I could. Half the time all I need is "smell stealth", and I could be using a monster bubbler for all anyone would know (Concentrates are your friend). The other half the time I need "visual stealth" as well, in which case I usually just use the one all the way to the front right in the last picture. The third half of the time I don't need stealth, and I kinda like using the wood Mini; I'm a sucker for a good feel.

Don't bet the farm on Cera cores. I'm looking at my actual test results (current and voltage readings and Ohm's Law) on 3 LL cores and 2 EO carts, one of them is over .80 Ohms (.83), the other EO core, my Ti one, is .78 Ohms, the LL cores are .66, .74 and .79. I believe the final LL core is the first listed. That is they're all seriously under .80, let alone the guarantied 1.00. As with the LL, I think my Ti core is the final production value (give or take), the first is my Beta core on it's third rebuild IIRC. Late in the program the decision was made to up the powers across the board, I think other testers were suggesting it, I was asked and said I was OK with lower powers but understand how many want 'all the law allows'......and maybe a wee bit more.

Maybe I'll have to sweet talk Tim after all. I seem to remember someone or other mentioning to me that a custom wound 1.0Ω Cera coil was a do-able thing; there's plenty of power headroom as long as the regulator (evolv DNA20) doesn't treat the load as a short, and being able to fine tune the power to a Cera core to your liking is a treat. Like pre-warming your cognac glass or making home made tartar sauce... You of all people know that sometimes lower power is better, depending on your taste and what you're consuming. Plus I really want to wait a tiny bit more and find out what the changes to the EL core are all about. If I have to sweet talk someone, I should probably know what I want first...

Interesting numbers on the core resistance. I guess all-the-law-allows-and-more is the word of the day.

Still, if you look at the numbers below, particularly what the power is really going to be for the second half of the battery's runtime, maybe TET decided to optimize the core resistance for the second half of the battery. The first half of the battery's energy goes from 4.0V to 3.45V; the second half goes from 3.45V to 3.20V. With knowing use of the power button and breath technique one can easily avoid too big a hit when the battery is freshly charged (4.0V under load), but if the core were actually underpowered for the second half of its charge, there isn't a good solution. Plus I would guess that a LOT of the time, a cold core goes along with a fresh battery, and it can't hurt to have a bit more power to heat up the cold core faster.

Of course, if one follows your sage advice, then when one is fully medicated from the first half of the battery, swapping it out for a fully charged second battery allows for always feeding the Cera a bit more juice, allowing for a bit more control. ;)

So just figuring based on 3.7V might be a narrow way of looking at TET's decision. The battery is at 3.7V when you've only used 20% of a charge. (And interestingly enough, the CH and the PD cells we've been talking about track their discharge from 4.0V to 3.2V almost identically, meaning that all the numbers and suppositions apply equally to either).

So the usual power numbers we look at, using the somewhat mysteriously chosen 3.7V:

LL 0.66Ω = 20.74 Watts
LL 0.74Ω = 18.50 Watts
LL 0.79Ω = 17.33 Watts

EO 0.83Ω = 16.49 Watts
EO 0.78Ω = 17.55 Watts

Here are the Wattage numbers at three points. The first point is when the battery is fully charged. The second is when the battery is half used up. The third is when the battery is done.

LL 0.66Ω = (24W @ 4.0V, 18W @ 3.45V, 15W @ 3.2V)
LL 0.74Ω = (21W @ 4.0V, 16W @ 3.45V, 14W @ 3.2V)
LL 0.79Ω = (20W @ 4.0V, 15W @ 3.45V, 13W @ 3.2V)

EO 0.83Ω = (19W @ 4.0V, 14W @ 3.45V, 12W @ 3.2V)
EO 0.78Ω = (20W @ 4.0V, 15W @ 3.45V, 13W @ 3.2V)

I figured putting it this way would be better than a bunch of graphs.

And thanks for being my straight man without knowing it.

Damn Haywood,you've got some skills my man! Beautiful and functional,that's a pretty rare combo.
I thought I was Billy-Badass for changing the shower head,now I think I'll just curl up and cry for a while. Asshole.
You've got the eye and the skills...ever do custom stuff for someone on the forums? Someone typing right now? Someone who's wife saw your work then called him a pussy while giving me the finger?
Good stuff bro,good stuff. :clap:

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Damn Haywood,you've got some skills my man! Beautiful and functional,that's a pretty rare combo.
I thought I was Billy-Badass for changing the shower head,now I think I'll just curl up and cry for a while. Asshole.
You've got the eye and the skills...ever do custom stuff for someone on the forums? Someone typing right now? Someone who's wife saw your work then called him a pussy while giving me the finger?
Good stuff bro,good stuff. :clap:

Umm, thanks.

I should probably mention that I didn't make either of the nice wood mods, I bought them. Guy named "Matador" made them, and they're called MCM's for "Man Cave Mods". He just retired from making them, but don't tell your wife or she'll give you the finger again.

Haywood,
Still cool as hell,and an indicator of a taste for the finer things...:)
Just retired huh? Story of my life. Wish I had friends like that. All my friends are good for is spilling the bong and writing on my face when I pass out. God I need new friends.
Thanks for posting those pics.,I always enjoy seeing the artistic side of our hobby.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Ha those are some of the funniest friends though! I remember going to Pittsburgh one year for the NCAA basketball tourney and one of my friends was hammered and passed out on the hotel lobby couch. We immediately got pens and markers from the hotel chick at the front desk and proceeded to draw penises and swastikas, of course right?! He was out for another 20 min until I came back out and saw him hitting on the chick who gave us the pens. Ha! She was doing her best not to laugh, not that it would have mattered how drunk he was, anyways long story short he comes back in to the room and goes to the bathroom. Five minutes later, BAM, SHATTER! He breaks the mirror! When he got the bill he tried to make us pay for it, but I refused, maybe b/c I'm an asshole but hey I didn't break anything, although my other buddies forked over some dough, dumbasses...

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: ShipDit

aj0125

Here'a a video of the cera eo in action!!!!:rockon:

:bowdown:

***EDIT***
Heres another video!!!!
Beautiful videos, can't wait for some of that Cera EO feelin.

Five minutes later, BAM, SHATTER! He breaks the mirror! When he got the bill he tried to make us pay for it, but I refused, maybe b/c I'm an asshole but hey I didn't break anything, although my other buddies forked over some dough, dumbasses...

Dumbasses indeed. Golden rule applies here: you break it, you buy it.

Top Bottom