Discontinued Thermovape Cera

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Now I Understand EVERYTHING in this forum, It all makes sense now,now that this thing is in my hands.... =) My first Thermovape product! Ive been messing with it for two days now, and am blown away by the EO cart..... The LL I'm still working on, its just the EO is so good! The flavor of my waxes/shatters are insane out of it!!! they all taste super good,unique.....First thought out of the box was "shit its heavy and solid!!! in a good way!!! feels like 400 bucks in your hands, and not like a cheap half plastic POS.This thing is seriously made to last, and sets the standards for all portable vapes in the future!!! this material is superb....Ive tryed them all, or owned them at one point in time, and am totally convinced there is not another portable EO vape out there that can compete with this thing RIGHT NOW...Taking it to JITSU class today to show the boys!< they all own and love the CLOUD =( so there gonna trip on this, it KILLZ it!!!

ps. my only thing is .... make sure to iso soak, then boil EO cart, and wipe out battery compartment where the solder is, before first use.There is some grease like funk coming from those areas....

Glad you'r liking it, the EO is definitely a big performer!

About the "funk" in the battery compartment. There may be some residue from the solder but its a very minimal amount, It's also completely OUT of the air path so theres no health concerns. The Core components are all ISO soaked in an ultrasonic cleaner and rinsed afterwards, There should be absolutely ZERO tastes other than the concentrate you put in it.

Cheers,
Tim

darkrom

Great Scott!
Put 2 small chunks of my pressed kief in the cera and...

3tvl4g.jpg

toros23

I got to meet the busy folks over at TET today, great guys for sure. Now I have faces to associate with names over there, very cool. On the flip side, now they know my face, so I guess I'd better be on my best behavior!

They are really on top of things and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. So happy, I just pulled the trigger on a Ti setup. Once I held one I had to have it, so now the wait begins.. Again...

BTW - For those wondering, the issue I had last night had to do with the strap inside the body, an easy fix that just takes a little time. Oh, and if anyone is looking for a good way to show your appreciation, I hear they like Jameson Whiskey around there. lol

darkrom

Great Scott!
The part that I completely forgot to mention in my ongoing reviews/crazed ramblings...not a single "scooby snack" ever with this vape, no matter how fine I grind it. Very impressive screen system in that mouthpiece. So damn smart. I'm truly in love with this vape right now, in fact I just shut off my cloud and put some kief in it because I'd rather hit this than wait for the cloud. Now I won't be getting rid of my cloud any time soon or anything, there is still no comparison, but that has to say something. I've got the dream team of convection right now, at home and on the go.

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
I got to meet the busy folks over at TET today, great guys for sure. Now I have faces to associate with names over there, very cool. On the flip side, now they know my face, so I guess I'd better be on my best behavior!

They are really on top of things and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. So happy, I just pulled the trigger on a Ti setup. Once I held one I had to have it, so now the wait begins.. Again...

BTW - For those wondering, the issue I had last night had to do with the strap inside the body, an easy fix that just takes a little time. Oh, and if anyone is looking for a good way to show your appreciation, I hear they like Jameson Whiskey around there. lol

It was nice to meet you! glad your liking it! :)

The part that I completely forgot to mention in my ongoing reviews/crazed ramblings...not a single "scooby snack" ever with this vape, no matter how fine I grind it. Very impressive screen system in that mouthpiece. So damn smart. I'm truly in love with this vape right now, in fact I just shut off my cloud and put some kief in it because I'd rather hit this than wait for the cloud. Now I won't be getting rid of my cloud any time soon or anything, there is still no comparison, but that has to say something. I've got the dream team of convection right now, at home and on the go.

The "UFO" works pretty good doesnt it!

YeeeBuddy

Hell yea I love the stock cap/mp, it does an amazing job at cooling the vapor in the short distance it travels. I tried the open flow glass method with SS screen and didn't really care for it. I have been hitting this thing dry with barely any irritation for almost a month. I also use a powder fine grind and never get anything in my mouth. Only problem is it gets a little hot for back to back sessions, i wait 5 minutes or so if i wanna do another bowl.

Also dont freak out if your LL core doesnt rattle, mine is solid, no jingle and their isnt really any noticeable wiggle with the threads. Has been working flawlessly(at least 6 LL bowls a day) ever since i got it so hopefully my cera is past the "infant" stage and keeps on going. Anyone else notice that even a dirty LL core has almost no weed smell, I find this strange and awesome at the same time. Only my cap and MP have a noticeable smell but i dont really cleaned them more than a paper towel and a little iso plus pipe cleaners though the intake holes.

timmahsan

treEnt
When I go to boil the EO core, should I take the o-rings off before, or can they withstand the temps?

timmahsan,

HSADJADI

He they call Hoo.
I have the EO and the LL cores. Yesterday my Cera body quit getting the cores hot.. No heat action despite re-charging battery to fresh level... Neither of the cores are getting hot.. Is it time to send in?? Is there an upgraded body internal? Did design change since release?

HSADJADI,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
It works damn well. The only thing I'm really missing out on right now is that "carbon fiber cera body" me and you talked about way way back.:brow:

That was a way bak.... must be getting close :horse:

When I go to boil the EO core, should I take the o-rings off before, or can they withstand the temps?

They can definitely withstand the temperatures so in that respect i wouldn't worry too much, however I like to take them off to make sure every nook is cleaned then just wipe them down. There is a surplus of them around the shop tho so it might be a good idea to just leave them on to not damage them in the process.

I have the EO and the LL cores. Yesterday my Cera body quit getting the cores hot.. No heat action despite re-charging battery to fresh level... Neither of the cores are getting hot.. Is it time to send in?? Is there an upgraded body internal? Did design change since release?
It could be a couple things, best bet to get it going is to give us a call (888)428-VAPE and we can go through a couple troubleshooting steps. Worst case you'll just send it in and we do a full go-over to get it up to date with the most recent assembly procedures.

Cheers,
Tim

OF

=) Harbor Freight sells O rings in quantity for cheap!

I'd stay clear of them, they're Buna (or even worse, Neoprene) not up to the temperatures....by a wide margin. Stick with the good stuff. And yes, that includes the Home Depot and Lowes, plumbing rings are soft and low temp. Not what we want.

IMO this is not a good time to go cheap.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
What kind of local stores sell high temp stuff like o-rings, washers and tubing? Or do we always have to get this stuff online which forces us to buy in bulk and guess on sizes?

Dreamerr,

timmahsan

treEnt
Ugh, so i screwed on my switch again after taking out the battery, and i tried unscrewing it and it is stuck. perhaps cross threaded? anyone have any recommendations? i don't have a lot of strength to torque it.

timmahsan,

hektik8625

I'd stay clear of them, they're Buna (or even worse, Neoprene) not up to the temperatures....by a wide margin. Stick with the good stuff. And yes, that includes the Home Depot and Lowes, plumbing rings are soft and low temp. Not what we want.

IMO this is not a good time to go cheap.

OF
Thanks OF! I should've researched that before i opened my big mouth :whoa:.

hektik8625,
Reactions: OF

NoName

Ugh, so i screwed on my switch again after taking out the battery, and i tried unscrewing it and it is stuck. perhaps cross threaded? anyone have any recommendations? i don't have a lot of strength to torque it.

T,

If you have one of the silicon caps (that covers the ceramic MP) you could try slipping it over the switch to get a better grip. Hope this helps.

NN

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Happy Friday everyone! I was very inspired by iamn3ko's mod, so much so that I had to follow his instructions and make one myself. Here's a couple of pics... I was using the 14mm glass adapter as a mp inserted into the mp hole secured by an o ring. It worked pretty well, but once iamn3ko said to use a ceramic screen for some reason that really made it work fantastically for me! I guess it might have something to do with keeping the heat inside the bowl, by using the screen on top of the bowl. This is well worth trying!!! Now onto the pics:
CeraProps.jpg

Then I added THe Ceramic screen:
547169_498692963511261_1202204015_n.jpg

The cap fits over this pretty snugly, but I still wanna experiment with a few different sized O rings. Then the next step is:
521690_498692283511329_862824232_n.jpg

This works so well I think because of the ceramic screen holding more heat into the bowl, and then with the addition of a wider mp hole with an large bore drip tip airflow is maxed out!! Sure works great!!!
:p BC

funkin

Glad you'r liking it, the EO is definitely a big performer!

About the "funk" in the battery compartment. There may be some residue from the solder but its a very minimal amount, It's also completely OUT of the air path so theres no health concerns. The Core components are all ISO soaked in an ultrasonic cleaner and rinsed afterwards, There should be absolutely ZERO tastes other than the concentrate you put in it.

Cheers,
Tim

Hmm.. Well I mostly got rid of the metallic flavor in my EO cart by emptying it, dry burning, and then filling it to the point of almost overflowing. Even though the metallic taste is mostly gone, I still taste it when I take a bigger hit. As much as I want to say the Cera gives me the best flavor, my experience so far isn't really on par with dabbing. It hits hard, though.

funkin,

timmahsan

treEnt
NoName,

That worked! The actual switch also came loose from the threading itself...I screwed it back in, and the core is heating up, so I think I am good. Wonder why it got "stuck" in the first place? I put a little wd40 on the threading so it would be easier to remove in the future.

NoName

NoName,

That worked! The actual switch also came loose from the threading itself...I screwed it back in, and the core is heating up, so I think I am good. Wonder why it got "stuck" in the first place? I put a little wd40 on the threading so it would be easier to remove in the future.

T,

Hey, great to hear that you're back 'on-line'. Not sure why it got 'stuck' in the first place, but some kind of lubricant can't hurt. I think I'll try a little vegetable oil if needed - I never cared for the smell of wd40 (LOL). Happy vaping!

NN

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I think I'll try a little vegetable oil if needed - I never cared for the smell of wd40 (LOL). Happy vaping!

NN
I'd stay away from vegetable oil! It'll probably go rancid eventually– doubt you'll care for that smell either. :lol:

Grinder Grease would surely work nicely. Don't know what it smells like, though. It's made with beeswax and hemp seed oil, so probably pretty nice! :)

skesseks

NoName,

That worked! The actual switch also came loose from the threading itself...I it back in, and the core is heating up, so I think I am good. Wonder why it got "stuck" in the first place? I put a little wd40 on the threading so it would be easier to remove in the future.
I had mine stick once. I caused it by spinning the base on fast. There was enough momentum to get base "all the way on" making enough friction to have it stick. I would not suggest lube at all. Just make sure the threads (one on the switch and one on the body) are clean. And be careful about how fast, and hard you drive the base home.

OF

What kind of local stores sell high temp stuff like o-rings, washers and tubing? Or do we always have to get this stuff online which forces us to buy in bulk and guess on sizes?

None that I know of, which is why I keep posting my favorite sources.....saves people PMing me.....

The curse of this cutting edge stuff I guess? Speaking of guessing, guessing on sizes is not a good plan IMO, someone is likely to know for sure saving time and money.

NoName,

I'd stay away from vegetable oil! It'll probably go rancid eventually– doubt you'll care for that smell either. :lol:

Grinder Grease would surely work nicely. Don't know what it smells like, though. It's made with beeswax and hemp seed oil, so probably pretty nice! :)

Cool. Glad you sorted it out. Another useful trick for next time (when you don't have a handy cover....) is to wrap a few wide rubber bands around it to give you a firm grip.

I agree with oil having disadvantages, they make special greases for this but wax (even candle wax rubbed across the threads) works fine for this. Since you're not going to eat it or smoke it you can pass on the organic bee's wax and hemp seed oil........if you want.

And has been said, don't get it up to ramming speed tightening it up (although it is neat to feel the precision) the SS surfaces can gaul when they impact each other (SS makes a lousy hammer.....) near enough to tiny welds to bring a tear to your eye.

OF

NoName

nopartofme/OF,

Thanks everyone! Candle wax for CERA (simple and inexpensive) and now maybe some 'Grinder Grease' (thanks for the link nopartofme).

NN

Top Bottom