Discontinued Thermovape Cera

darkrom

Great Scott!
I already want my 4 other batteries to show up. I love this vape. I'm going to use this and cut back on my cloud usage. My cloud should live longer this way and then when I hit the cloud it'll be a treat.

Very glad I made this purchase. Big thanks to OF for being the final push for me to do it. Not sure why I thought it might be a downgrade from the T1, but that is most definitely not the case.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
CO2 oil on the left, ear wax on the right
Just so you know, because you copied a link from gmail it's likely that this image is loading for you but not for anyone else. Only you can see it because we'd need to be logged into your gmail account to be able to load it. I recommend using imgur.com in the future. It's easy, fast, and removes identifying information (like GPS location, camera type) from your photos. You can even use it to crop or resize your photos inside your browser. :tup:

Hey look, my GonG male -> thermal cap trick works with 18mm too. :science: A little tight, but that means it stays better.

qKWPjme.jpg

Just having fun…

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
GeeGads!!! My EO cart went down now my LL cart lit up then died. The switch seemed to be a little hot to the touch but now nothing. Thank gosh that TET customer service has some of the best people working behind the scenes! Time to vAPEhOP for the moment:cool:

Custom Flower Hardware,

OF

I already want my 4 other batteries to show up. I love this vape.

Very glad I made this purchase. Big thanks to OF for being the final push for me to do it. Not sure why I thought it might be a downgrade from the T1, but that is most definitely not the case.

Great, I was sure you'd like it when you got to it. I know how you feel about the other TV gear and somewhat about your usage patterns, to me the fit seems obvious. Not to mention one of the key improvements we'd been asking for (increased battery life) was championed by you and delivered in spades. It's not a 'dream come true' but it sure is a good dent in it. The Zirconia use is, IMO, genius. Superb Material Science in action. I'm not 'sold' on it as a body material (other stuff would work fine I'd think) but in the LL bowl and top piece it's a giant step forward.

To say you're a demanding owner doesn't give due credit to the high standards you expect. The fact you've so quickly taken to Cera speaks volumes on it's design and performance to me. I think those on the fence should consider such reports from you and guys like our own Bob L very seriously. You're both known for this key trait, not compromising performance when the chips are down. That, coupled by honestly calling t hem like you see them is powerful IMO. Opinions a guy can hang his hat on.

Glad to have pushed you.....in fact any chance to shove you around is not to be passed up. At least not lightly. How many such chances come by in one lifetime?

Use it in good health, my friend, you too are partly to blame for it being what it is.

OF

nopartofme

Great, I was sure you'd like it when you got to it. I know how you feel about the other TV gear and somewhat about your usage patterns, to me the fit seems obvious. Not to mention one of the key improvements we'd been asking for (increased battery life) was championed by you and delivered in spades. It's not a 'dream come true' but it sure is a good dent in it. The Zirconia use is, IMO, genius. Superb Material Science in action. I'm not 'sold' on it as a body material (other stuff would work fine I'd think) but in the LL bowl and top piece it's a giant step forward.
It's fun for me to see more old thermovape owners getting Cera in their hands. As a first time owner of TET gear, after reading a lot here on FC about T1s and r/evolutions and darts I have a certain jealousy for all you old hats who have been in on the secret early and have gotten to witness the growth of TET over the years… I think it was you, OF who previously mentioned "pride of ownership" when it comes to the Cera, and I think that's spot on.

I'm sure once thread adapters start getting out there we'll get to see even more of such folks enjoying the latest tech. It looks like shipping is on point now and TET surely has lots more great things in store… I'm real curious to see what's been done to the EL core.

We are working on another EL core, a few little changes and additions. This is why the current EL orders are on hold, we are just waiting to get the changed parts. If you already have an EL, dont worry we will take care of you. There will be an email to every EL order with all the information you need to get updated. Stay Tuned!

Cheers,
Tim

Are you changing the wattage of the EL core?

UpUpandAway,

darkrom

Great Scott!

To say you're a demanding owner doesn't give due credit to the high standards you expect. The fact you've so quickly taken to Cera speaks volumes on it's design and performance to me. I think those on the fence should consider such reports from you and guys like our own Bob L very seriously. You're both known for this key trait, not compromising performance when the chips are down. That, coupled by honestly calling t hem like you see them is powerful IMO. Opinions a guy can hang his hat on.

Glad to have pushed you.....in fact any chance to shove you around is not to be passed up. At least not lightly. How many such chances come by in one lifetime?

Use it in good health, my friend, you too are partly to blame for it being what it is.

OF

Very well said. I have NO problems calling em like I see em, sometimes gets me in trouble. In the end though I am not someone who believes in settling. Why be content with ANYTHING, then where is the drive to improve and get better results? I really appreciate the push because without it I may have settled with my pax. I like my pax, but it is a whole different machine, and I doubt it will get much use once these extra batteries show up.

Anyone on the fence about this vape should just go for it. The wait time was a concern, but I got mine in a week roughly. I'm so glad I bought it. My amount used is decreasing, and the irritation on my throat simply isn't there with this vape, and I'm yet to use it through water. That alone speaks volumes about this vape.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm sure once thread adapters start getting out there we'll get to see even more of such folks enjoying the latest tech. It looks like shipping is on point now and TET surely has lots more great things in store… I'm real curious to see what's been done to the EL core.

I know a handful of us that have the Ultras are waiting on the thread adapters to throw the CEO on top! The Revolution is awesome but CEO is on another level! Way bigger reservoir/capacity, new and improved, and from OF's pictures, the diameter of the CEO is close to that of the Ultra body. Might not be as stealthy but that's a trade-off I can live with :D Perhaps I may even put off getting the Cera Mini if it works out like I'm hoping.

nopartofme

My amount used is decreasing, and the irritation on my throat simply isn't there with this vape, and I'm yet to use it through water. That alone speaks volumes about this vape.
I still can't get over this aspect. I just took a few nice hits from a pressed kief bowl I've got going, and I almost didn't feel a thing taking them in. If you can learn to be content with the standard mouthpiece setup (the restriction did take me aback, at first) then you're in for some "smooth sailing" for sure.

It's so effective that I think it might serve as an stumbling block for some new owners trying to get comfortable, because all the usual signs that a seasoned vaporist or smoker looks for to know that it's working aren't there. From a cold start with a fresh battery, the vapor on your tongue won't even feel warm at first! Incredible tasting, cool, irritation-free vapor, without water filtration as DR said. It still 'blows my mind'.

I'm having great success with natural, relaxed breathing. I find there's a sweet spot where I'm breathing in naturally and I forget there's any restriction. I'll pick up the pace just a little as I'm wrapping up my inhale, at which point I'm brushing up against "restricted speeds" but not uncomfortably so. It's only when you really try and pull that you feel the full force of the restriction and it feels off-putting. I look at the airflow restriction like driving a car around a tight turn. It's easy when you're driving slower.

At the draw speed that I'm settling in at, it feels like a very comfortable and natural sipping. It's more full and comfortable than launch box sipping and with headroom for quicker vaporization if you pick up the pace a little, rather than making you fearful of upward fluctuations in breath speed.

Oh, and about that bowl of pressed kief… Any LL owners have to try it out, or some proper bubble hash. It just keeps going, and going, and…

OF

It's so effective that I think it might serve as an stumbling block for some new owners trying to get comfortable, because all the usual signs that a seasoned vaporist or smoker looks for to know that it's working aren't there. From a cold start with a fresh battery, the vapor on your tongue won't even feel warm at first! Incredible tasting, cool, irritation-free vapor, without water filtration as DR said. It still 'blows my mind'.

Oh, and about that bowl of pressed kief… Any LL owners have to try it out, or some proper bubble hash. It just keeps going, and going…

I think this is a great insight! We get brand new owners here who rant and rave about this and insist they have a defective unit or we're all crazy....or both. I agree, at least some of that is false expectations guys bring to the party and never question. Those who give Cera a chance seem almost universally very impressed, those with longer experience I think appreciate this more having experienced lesser vapes and understand the trade offs better.

The key is, of course, to coax the new guys into sticking with it and trying techniques other that the ones they're not happy with the results of. But it's easier for folks to insist they know what's up and that the hardware must be defective since they're not getting the results they want or what they think some other guy got. It's just a tool in the end, it needs a craftsman (or woman) to make it do more than sit there.

For instance, while looking for 'huge clouds' or easy draw or something else they expect/think they need, they miss the gem in front of them (or in this case in their hand).

For sure the observation about a pinch or two of kief or bubble giving long life and happiness to a bow is spot on. The ceramic bowl and cap make a near ideal means to vape the good stuff out and leave the duff behind. Those who haven't tried it have missed a bet.....at least so far.

Thanks for the excellent observation, guys, I think you're definitely onto something here. Expectations are getting in some guy's way on the path to enjoyment for sure. While looking for something else a great one is slipping by.....looking for the right woman can be like that too......

Curious, how many loads can be expected from a single battery? I know there are many variables but it seems like people are using a freshly charged battery for every new load.

It depends, of course, on how you hit it and how dark you take it. My testing showed half an hour of solid heating is easily possible. Say half a dozen bowls in a LL core? Or a few dozen comatose oil vapers with a EO core and good oil?

OF

tavosvo

So I noticed my cart getting heavier when empty after a couple weeks of use. I thought maybe its dirty so I soaked in ISO and wow I got a lot of golden iso! Got me thinking about the cart and how mine doesn't like to load that easy; as if it was full even when the top wafer looks dry.

Took at better look at cart and noticed I only have three set screws! Searched this thread and saw Tim mention a missing set screw could move my air path towards the top wafer, leaving my goods at the bottom of the cart useless! Seems like I found why my cart acted both empty and full at the same time.

I emailed Zeki and he said I could either send in my cart so they can install the screw, or I find a .035 (? Is that right?) hex and do it myself. Zeki recommended sending it in, but if they give me the ok on no warranty void, I was wondering how difficult to install it could possibly be? I know I can be careful, just curious as to how delicate this part is.

OF if you got some advice I'd follow it....

OF

Zeki recommended sending it in, but if they give me the ok on no warranty void, I was wondering how difficult to install it could possibly be?

OF if you got some advice I'd follow it....

Zeki is exactly right, IMO. It can be done, and .035 is the right size (usually smaller than the smallest in most sets but available in hardware stores), but it's a fiddly job for sure.

Here's the issue, the barrel section of the base you need to screw into is very thin. Maybe two turns, could be less even. For strength the screw has to go all the way in or it'll never hold, but go a little too far and you run into the ceramic rings and break the one under the screw. Bad karma.

There's a crimp put in the tiny screw to serve as a stop, about two turns up. But it's tiny and you can muscle through it if you're not careful. This will wallow out the hole so the next screw won't bind up right, calling for a full rebuild. On the other end, not snugging it down well enough can lead to it's backing out again under vibration and heat cycles....also not good. It takes a good touch to get it in tight enough without wrecking what little thread is there.

If you feel confident with tiny mechanical things it's no big deal, but if you have trouble changing a watch battery say, it might be good to pass to the pros. A simple service like this should 'turn around' in one day, field returns have first priority as you'd guess.

Your call, but again get a little heavy handed and you could end up sending it in anyway.

Good luck.

OF

If I remember correct, the TI version maybe available to LHS's. A couple weeks ago a buddy/lhs manager called me asking about this $500 pen vape that is available to him through his distributers. I told him, its a very classy vape, and the EO is hands down the best available. He was dumbfounded by the price once he added all carts to one order.

havealight101,
Reactions: nopartofme

tavosvo

Zeki is exactly right, IMO. It can be done, and .035 is the right size (usually smaller than the smallest in most sets but available in hardware stores), but it's a fiddly job for sure.

Here's the issue, the barrel section of the base you need to screw into is very thin. Maybe two turns, could be less even. For strength the screw has to go all the way in or it'll never hold, but go a little too far and you run into the ceramic rings and break the one under the screw. Bad karma.

There's a crimp put in the tiny screw to serve as a stop, about two turns up. But it's tiny and you can muscle through it if you're not careful. This will wallow out the hole so the next screw won't bind up right, calling for a full rebuild. On the other end, not snugging it down well enough can lead to it's backing out again under vibration and heat cycles....also not good. It takes a good touch to get it in tight enough without wrecking what little thread is there.

If you feel confident with tiny mechanical things it's no big deal, but if you have trouble changing a watch battery say, it might be good to pass to the pros. A simple service like this should 'turn around' in one day, field returns have first priority as you'd guess.

Your call, but again get a little heavy handed and you could end up sending it in anyway.

Good luck.

OF

OF

Not sure how to thank you other than - THANK YOU!!!!

That was exactly what i needed to know. I'm sure I can handle this now. Thanks again!

NYC5IKH5jabi

What "this thing" are you talking about? The Cera? AFAIK there are no plans to distribute it through the normal channels, I doubt you'll be seeing them at your LHS anytime soon. You have to buy them from TV directly I think?

OF
Yea that's what I assumed but just wanted some reassurance. The Lhs i frequent bizarrely claim they will have it next week. I didn't take em seriously till I heard the same info from another friend who went to a Lhs near him in nj. They also told my friend they would have it soon. I'm guessing soon is like before the month ends. Anyways if my Lhs can somehow get me one as soon as this month, then I'd be thrilled regardless lol

NYC5IKH5jabi,

chevelle970

I think this is a great insight! We get brand new owners here who rant and rave about this and insist they have a defective unit or we're all crazy....or both. I agree, at least some of that is false expectations guys bring to the party and never question. Those who give Cera a chance seem almost universally very impressed, those with longer experience I think appreciate this more having experienced lesser vapes and understand the trade offs better.

The key is, of course, to coax the new guys into sticking with it and trying techniques other that the ones they're not happy with the results of. But it's easier for folks to insist they know what's up and that the hardware must be defective since they're not getting the results they want or what they think some other guy got. It's just a tool in the end, it needs a craftsman (or woman) to make it do more than sit there.

For instance, while looking for 'huge clouds' or easy draw or something else they expect/think they need, they miss the gem in front of them (or in this case in their hand)
OF

Got a reply from good ol Zeki the other day. "The Liquid core has a known issue. They can rewire it the same way it has been before. I know you've sent it back a couple times before. They are going to be finishing up a new tool to laser weld the two points that fail as well as get the new wire for the liquid core. This will greatly improve the functionality of the device."

I told them to keep it as long as needed. It was nice to hear that I wasn't crazy!

toros23

Hey guys, looking for a little help. Not getting power to any of my carts (tested 3) with fresh battery. I verified bottom switch is working with MM continuity test, not sure what to test next. The only thing that has changed with my unit is I got a LL cart today and tried to use it for about 20 minutes on and off before giving up because the body was getting too hot. I then plugged in one of my EO carts and it worked briefly and then everything went cold. The body got really hot when using the LL cart and I am now looking at the solder joint and strip inside and suspecting something there.

Quick question, should I be getting continuity between the SS end cap on the bottom (without momentary switch screwed in) and the inner SS ring near the top of the body (without a cart installed)?

OF

OF

Not sure how to thank you other than - THANK YOU!!!!

That was exactly what i needed to know. I'm sure I can handle this now. Thanks again!

You're very welcome. I'm no expert in the matter, but I think you just did a bang up job at 'thank yous'. Top marks.

Glad you're on track, and good show you're working to get your Cera in top form......it's a sure thing 'she' will reward your efforts.

Best wishes,

Got a reply from good ol Zeki the other day. "The Liquid core has a known issue. They can rewire it the same way it has been before. I know you've sent it back a couple times before. They are going to be finishing up a new tool to laser weld the two points that fail as well as get the new wire for the liquid core. This will greatly improve the functionality of the device."

I told them to keep it as long as needed. It was nice to hear that I wasn't crazy!

It's always nice to hear you're not crazy, or at least nice to hear someone else doesn't think so.

As to the Zeki quote above, I'm not sure what to make of that. There is a redesign going on since e-cig users are not happy with the 'spitting' as I understand it (I'm not a 'juice' user). I'm not sure what the rewire part is, although I think the redesign (not a simple rewinding) is to go back to a similar heater scheme as AVA and DART used but think that whole line is on hold (or will be any moment) pending the change. There are no welds or other similar connections in any cores, one end is threaded, the other crimped, so I've no idea what they could be laser welding (they have no laser welder but have sent some parts out for evaluation I'm told).

They are also building a spot welding set up for the bodies, but that's not core related. And it's a spot welder, not a laser. All in all a very confusing quote to me....... If it makes sense to you, great, that was the intent I assume.

Quick question, should I be getting continuity between the SS end cap on the bottom (without momentary switch screwed in) and the inner SS ring near the top of the body (without a cart installed)?

Yes, you should read under an Ohm from the ring to the plate or the mounting screws. I probe from the bottom to one of the screw heads in the medium sized holes myself, no need to remove the cart.

OF

toros23

Yes, you should read under an Ohm from the ring to the plate or the mounting screws. I probe from the bottom to one of the screw heads in the medium sized holes myself, no need to remove the cart.

Thanks, OF. I plugged the LL cart back in and it appears to be working but intermittently. Testing the LL cart with meter I get under an Ohm and it is working repeatedly without failing.

I have two other EO carts and neither of those will fire up and I do not get an Ohm reading at all when they are plugged in. Unfortunately, I am not very good with electronics. I understand basic circuits and can solder board level components but that is about it.

Can you think of a reason why the LL cart would fire but the two EO carts would not?

toros23,

OF

Thanks, OF. I plugged the LL cart back in and it appears to be working but intermittently. Testing the LL cart with meter I get under an Ohm and it is working repeatedly without failing.

I have two other EO carts and neither of those will fire up and I do not get an Ohm reading at all when they are plugged in. Unfortunately, I am not very good with electronics. I understand basic circuits and can solder board level components but that is about it.

Can you think of a reason why the LL cart would fire but the two EO carts would not?

First off, you're welcome, although I'm not sure we got very far.....

Do I understand correctly, the two EO carts both read open circuit (not about one Ohm)? Both? That's plenty strange......

Here's another useful measurement to make that may give us a clue. Use the 2 Volt range (or 20 if 2 overranges) to read the voltage between the ring and one of the screws through the medium size holes while the button is pressed. What sort of voltage do you read?

OF

toros23

Hey OF - Just thanking you for jumping in to try to help out like you always do. :)

I have an old Fluke meter and am not sure how to set it up for a 2 volt range. I know how to read voltages and check for continuity but that is about it. At this point I think it is best if I step away from my Cera before I break something else. I managed to break my spring trying to straighten it out and I think that must be a sign to take Zeki up on his invitation and drop by the TET offices tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it turns out, it all went wrong after I used the LL cart for the first time tonight, so maybe there is something going on with that cart. I don't want to guess, I just want to get the EO carts going again (and revisit the LL later). We were all getting along quite well up until tonight.

Top Bottom