Discontinued Thermovape Cera

NothingToSeeHere

Accessory Maker
He's suggesting designing it so that the floating part of the standard mouthpiece can slide into the bottom of yours with an o-ring, like it does in standard configuration. Except in this case it would sit fully inside the bottom of your mouthpiece and only serve cooling/filtering purposes.

4b5FKNc.jpg

I think this would be a great feature.
Wouldn't that restrict airflow though? The ceramic screen + the 6.5 CM of length should be enough for filtering/cooling, right? I haven't had anything pass through my ceramic filter yet. Happy to include it but trying to figure out what benefits it would provide over the ceramic screen + 6.5 CM of length. Does having those holes drilled at 90 degrees confer some additional cooling/filtering benefits?

NothingToSeeHere,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Wouldn't that restrict airflow though? The ceramic screen + the 6.5 CM of length should be enough for filtering/cooling, right? I haven't had anything pass through my ceramic filter yet. Happy to include it but trying to figure out what benefits it would provide over the ceramic screen + 6.5 CM of length. Does having those holes drilled at 90 degrees confer some additional cooling/filtering benefits?
Yes, it would restrict the airflow and yes I think it does have additional cooling and filtering capabilities. Most I'm sure are interested in your mouthpiece to increase airflow, myself included, but I would also enjoy being able to "switch modes" and make your MP perform similarly to the original MP but with additional length and a different look.

YeeeBuddy

I Guess I Didn't Warm It Up A Lot. How Would You Keep It Warm Enough To Soak In But NOt Give Off Vapor? By This Point It all Has To To Be Soaked In, Right? Or Could The Initial Cook Have Ruined It? Also If You Over Fill It Doesnt The Oil Just Build On The Sides, ThUs Not Soaked In?

SOrry For The Caps... My Phone Is Acting up.

I just pulse the power for 5-10 seconds every 30 seconds or so, I have a hard time producing NO vapor when loading, once the core is warm and getting full it spits vapor when given power for just a few seconds. I Think the best way is to drop tiny ammounts DIRECTLY onto the ceramic sponge, then use the power button to warm it up/melt it,once absorbed repeat, also heating up a paper clip and kind of stirring the unmelted concentrate on top of the ceramic speeds things up.

hektik8625

:clap:The waits over.... Cancelled Ti EO/LL Cera that I ordered on feb 18th..... Now the wait begins for refund :doh: $800 bucks to go buy other junk =) Something finally clicked in my head, its not worth it! Im just a gadget junkie, Have been through all the other vapes, and thought "SHIT" I have to have it.... ALSO THANKS to all the honest reviews here too, if it weren't for FC id still be waiting =) love this place !!!

hektik8625,

Savilion

Got my Cera back, Put a .5 of EO through it. Seemed to kind of work , first few hits were great then tapered off after like 4 or 5 draws. I then tested the resistance of the core that TET said they rebuilt and it reads 2.2Ω. Im not sure if my cera is back to normal...it sure dont feel like it , I can see they fixed the body with soldering on the strip inside but the core seems to still act VERY weird. Super slow warm up times on a full battery and things taper off SO quick after I add a decent amount of EO.. i email TET twice with no response ... I guess they are super busy, I just want it fixed and working properly .

Savilion,

TheRobbo

I quite like the nipple setup I don't find it restricts airflow too much it just needs to be longer to stop me burning my lips (I currently have about an inch of 1/2 in silicone tube stuck on the end) what I find restricts air flow and reduces vapour production is packing too tightly, I have no problem getting lung busting clouds, with a decent warm up time and correct load amount.

Also I'm sure there is some science involved in all the 90 degree corners the vapour has to make not just for filtration but I know TET were talking about particle size optimisation and I want to keep this feature.

It shouldn't be too hard to include the ability to swap screen for nipple just needs a bit more space in the tube part to accommodate the protrusion.

Hope it is possible as I really like the idea of being able to choose, I will try and knock up a diagram later just at work now, I must warn you though I am terrible at drawing.

R

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So, I need to send my Cera in. I put the core in 91% ISO for a couple hours...and I took it out and the ceramic sponge isn't very clean. Should I leave it in longer or will it just not go back to it's previous state?

I also kin of panic'ed too this morning because I freaked out I might have broken the core from soaking it in ISO. It seemed to heat up to what I was expecting though, I didn't see any red, just heard sizzling and saw some vapor. I let it sit out over night to dry. I need not worry, right?
Sorry, I must have missed something here, is there any specific reason as to why you're sendiing your Cera back?

The wafer changing color is normal and unavoidable. I believe it's the carbon staining it. No performance damage. As for breaking the core... you basically waterlogged it. When I clean my DART/AVA with ISO, I give it a little shake to get excess water out, then attach it to an oral syringe with a little silicone tubing on itt. Blast a bit more air through it, then dry it off. From here I will either stick it in the oven for 15 minutes or so to evap what's left, or I'll do a 20/20/20. 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off, 20 times over. I change my batteries halfway through. This also rids the water. The sizzling you hear means it is working.

OF, when you see this... I know you said the EO on the Ultra was a treat, but I don't remember you mentioning any hit counts... no rough estimate?? Also, I'm assuming the LL requires too much for the little Ultra to churn out anything worthy?

Medical Mark

Ya I got my Cera back but I'm a little pissed I was told to send everything back batteries ect and I was told I'd get a mouth piece sleeve and didn't but the kicker is I sent perfect 2 x 2250 18650 batteries the ones they sold me with only 2weeks of use on them and they sent them Back dead which is unexceptable I'm very disappointed in that regard and there's was no explanation of the problem was either it was like here you go.
Bulshit I feel a bit ripped off that's not cool at all, good thing I got extra batteries in hand but still ded batteries wow.
My faith is slowlely fading one thing after an other.
Fucken thing heats up my lips like you wouldn't believe my friend received his with a cover fo the mouth piece but I was told I'd receive one and never the fucken thing is so hot fiter one session its unbearable.
Medical mark

JoeKickass

...was told I'd get a mouth piece sleeve and didn't... they sent them Back dead...
Ouch that's tough man, can you affix it to some glass somehow?

That should tide you over, just contact them I'm sure they'll should send you one if you say how long you've been waiting!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Cool. Looks like the two stogie version of the one I'm fond of? Perhaps a little smaller stogies? IIRC the '10-40' part is diameter in 64ths of an inch.....Cera would be a 64 (not a 'number 10' like so many think.....) so it should be plenty snug in there. Please let us know how it works, I might be in the market.......

TIA

OF

OF, with all the help you have gave me and others like me, its the least i can do!!!!!
Will do sir, the case should arrive tuesday......Cera, not to sure when shes coming back from repair!!!!!!!............As soon as i have my cera back ill take pics with the cera the case and whatever else i can fit in there!!!!!!!!!

I actually got the idea from your case but i wanted a smaller one for travel, since i own a few small pelican cases i get to have the best of both worlds (compact, & A Full arsenal case when needed)

EDIT
OF, i knew i should of asked you first, but ive seen some elegant cigar cases(single), I was wondering if the cera would fit in one of the many tube style cigar cases?????

BLAZING OG,

Savilion

Sorry, I must have missed something here, is there any specific reason as to why you're sendiing your Cera back?

The same problem, Very long heat up times, Restricted draws to the point of NO DRAWS , just blocked, When i loaded something up I was able to get maybe 3 to 4 hits from a BIG load then very wispy vapor for the rest of the load. I emailed TET and they told me to check the resistance of everything . I did and my body and core was way off . So i sent it back, they "rebuilt" the core and sent it back. I received it about 2 days ago, loaded it up and it seemed to work good for the first few draws then bam same problem ....tapering off really fast on fairly big loads with a fresh battery.

When I got my Cera back I pressed the button with no load and I herd the crackling of moisture... I did clean and dry it before sending it out ...it was just strange I got it back that way. I mean there could have been moisture left over from me cleaning it...but would it stay in there after a complete rebuild?

timmahsan

treEnt
The same problem, Very long heat up times, Restricted draws to the point of NO DRAWS , just blocked, When i loaded something up I was able to get maybe 3 to 4 hits from a BIG load then very wispy vapor for the rest of the load. I emailed TET and they told me to check the resistance of everything . I did and my body and core was way off . So i sent it back, they "rebuilt" the core and sent it back. I received it about 2 days ago, loaded it up and it seemed to work good for the first few draws then bam same problem ....tapering off really fast on fairly big loads with a fresh battery.

When I got my Cera back I pressed the button with no load and I herd the crackling of moisture... I did clean and dry it before sending it out ...it was just strange I got it back that way. I mean there could have been moisture left over from me cleaning it...but would it stay in there after a complete rebuild?

Same problem here Sav. I hope I don't suffer a similar situation, doh!

Sorry Q, I should have went into more detail as to what my problem was. Thank you for the explanation on the ISO cleaning. I'm very glad to hear it. I'll stop worrying now :)

timmahsan,

sneaky101

Just got my Cera EO today. Was so stoked. Ordered 1battery from TET and had 6 on reserve ready to charge. Once I charged the battery I pulled the safety pin and installed the battery. But when I pushed the button.....nothing happens. No glow, no heat at all. The core is screwed in tight as well as the switch. Seems a simple enough design, but am I missing something? I emailed support, but with it being Friday and them being uber busy trying to get all the orders out, I didn't hear from them. Maybe next week. That's why I'm here....for advise. What am I doing wrong.....OF....any suggestions. I'm really hoping its user error because I'm wanting to try this bad boy out! HEEEEELP!!!!

Btw, I have tried 2 other batteries at this point.

sneaky101,

TheRobbo

sorry to ask a stupid question of you sneaky but when you say push the button you are holding it down aren't you? Just want to eliminate one possible issue. You should see the coil start to glow dimly within no more than about 6 seconds

TheRobbo,

Caulin

Hey can anyone point me in the direction of ceramic screens? I want to be prepared when my cera comes in and have everything I need ready. Also has anyone used the cleaning wipes some stores sell? I was wondering if try are worth buying.

Caulin,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Just got my Cera EO today. Was so stoked. Ordered 1battery from TET and had 6 on reserve ready to charge. Once I charged the battery I pulled the safety pin and installed the battery. But when I pushed the button.....nothing happens. No glow, no heat at all. The core is screwed in tight as well as the switch. Seems a simple enough design, but am I missing something? I emailed support, but with it being Friday and them being uber busy trying to get all the orders out, I didn't hear from them. Maybe next week. That's why I'm here....for advise. What am I doing wrong.....OF....any suggestions. I'm really hoping its user error because I'm wanting to try this bad boy out! HEEEEELP!!!!

Btw, I have tried 2 other batteries at this point.
have you checked the spring, sorry if this sounds ridiculous, just hoping you can get her going !!!!

BLAZING OG,

OF

OF, i knew i should of asked you first, but ive seen some elegant cigar cases(single), I was wondering if the cera would fit in one of the many tube style cigar cases?????

Wouldn't have done you any good, I failed to find one in two different searches. I even broke down and asked at a cigar shop.....no luck.

I'm a big fan of these guys for Omicrons, DARTs and the like so I expected to find one....nay, not to be:
http://www.amazon.com/Le-Tube-Single-Telescoping-Cigar/dp/B0007VU66U

I guess 'size 64' is huge for cigars? Seems just about perfect for Cera......

Waiting for your report on the sawed off case. Thanks.

And thanks for the kind words, it's good to know you're helping folks you know.

The same problem, Very long heat up times, Restricted draws to the point of NO DRAWS , just blocked, When i loaded something up I was able to get maybe 3 to 4 hits from a BIG load then very wispy vapor for the rest of the load.

Sorry you're having trouble, of course, but I think the chances of a repeat of such a failure is strange. Anything can happen, of course, but most guys don't have issues like this even once. The 'no draw' part is really troubling to me, nothing electrical or mechanical I can think of could cause that???

What do you think the chances are it's concentrate related? Does yours pass the foil test?

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Wouldn't have done you any good, I failed to find one in two different searches. I even broke down and asked at a cigar shop.....no luck.

I'm a big fan of these guys for Omicrons, DARTs and the like so I expected to find one....nay, not to be:
http://www.amazon.com/Le-Tube-Single-Telescoping-Cigar/dp/B0007VU66U

I guess 'size 64' is huge for cigars? Seems just about perfect for Cera......

Waiting for your report on the sawed off case. Thanks.

And thanks for the kind words, it's good to know you're helping folks you know.

OF
LOL 64 ring cigar is probably un-heard of lol........Oh well it was worth a shot!!!!!
Cant wait to report back about the case and the repaired cera!!!!!
I have probably learned a few things from each member wether they know it or not, if in any way i can help anyone, then i have had a good day!!!!

Well.........I guess id like to thank the whole FC Community, learned so much and still learning!!!!

sneaky101

sorry to ask a stupid question of you sneaky but when you say push the button you are holding it down aren't you? Just want to eliminate one possible issue. You should see the coil start to glow dimly within no more than about 6 seconds

Lol. Yep. And not a stupid question at all. I could see some think it to be a push button. But I held it down for about 30 seconds with each battery with no results at all. In the videos from thermovape, it looks like they push the slide switch (the protective one at the top) but it never comes completely out. I tried this too, but it of course still had the connection blocked.

have you checked the spring, sorry if this sounds ridiculous, just hoping you can get her going !!!!

The best I could. I mean I put the battery in and held it upside down so I could lay the push button switch on the outside of the body but resting at the same depth it would if it was screwed in and it looked like there was plenty of length on the spring.

I haven't checked the resistance of the core yet....not exactly sure where to place the probes at (but it probably would take much tinkering). So from process of elimination, I think it would have to be a bad solder joint in the body for the battery (unlikely I think) or a bad core (fingers crossed I'm wrong).

If anyone has any other suggestions, please..... I will check the resistance of the core tomorrow if I can find my meter.

sneaky101,

OF

Well.........I guess id like to thank the whole FC Community, learned so much and still learning!!!!

I think you just did. Not only expressed it well, but spelt it perfect.....

Well done, and good weekend to one and all. Spring is here, if it's not there yet now you know where it's hiding?

The best I could. I mean I put the battery in and held it upside down so I could lay the push button switch on the outside of the body but resting at the same depth it would if it was screwed in and it looked like there was plenty of length on the spring.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please..... I will check the resistance of the core tomorrow if I can find my meter.

I run into spring issues a far bit since I have a big pile of different 18650s at this point. Many of the best (like the 2250s) are shorter than others. I also swap in the slide switch from time to time since it allows measurements of the battery performance under load. This adds about 3/16 inch to the length making it necessary to change the spring tension often.

The technique I use to check fit is to start the cap on then invert the unit to see if the battery shifts. Some shift is OK before it's tight, but the shift has to disappear before the last turn or two or I put a dime or two in the bottom until it does. You might want to try that? If it doesn't work, you get your money back.....

OF

skesseks

Lol. Yep. And not a stupid question at all. I could see some think it to be a push button. But I held it down for about 30 seconds with each battery with no results at all. In the videos from thermovape, it looks like they push the slide switch (the protective one at the top) but it never comes completely out. I tried this too, but it of course still had the connection blocked.
Um. you *have* tried REMOVING the safety pin entirely, right? I don't mean to be mean, but I am just asking.

sneaky101

Um. you *have* tried REMOVING the safety pin entirely, right? I don't mean to be mean, but I am just asking.

What do you mean? In TV's vids he just slides the switch to one side and then the person is hitting the Cera. What should you have to remove it?!? Nah, just joking...of course I removed it completely. That was the first try, but I figured what the hell and tried it with the pin in and pushed to the side. But no, no luck with the pin out.

Tried 3 PD batteries and 2 CH batteries so far with the same results. And thanks for trying skesseks. I wish it was something so stupid. And OF, going to try the dime trick now, however, I'm doubtful. Seems like its never that simple for me.

Will report back soon.

Ok. So I tried the dime trick with Roosevelt head facing both the spring and the core (the positive side of the battery really) and I'm sad to say that didn't help. Off to look for my multimeter...where oh where could it be?

Top Bottom