Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Rocco

When my Cera doesn't work, I break a coffee cup, with my Cera.

Then it produces hot liquid dark brown vapor all over the floor...

You can try that?
I would be weary my hand would get cut by the broken cup shards.. :uhoh: but maybe thats just me being over cautious.

Edit: Noah should have had an instructional video on how to properly break your table wear with the Cera cus he seemed to do it like a champ:rockon:

OF

Ok. So I tried the dime trick with Roosevelt head facing both the spring and the core (the positive side of the battery really) and I'm sad to say that didn't help. Off to look for my multimeter...where oh where could it be?

Too bad. I actually suggested a test, but I guess just bunging a few times in and trying works too.....

If you've got a meter by now you've no doubt figured it out. If not, next I'd try the switch. I'd pull the switch off and stuff some foil in the bottom shorting the ring to the bottom of the battery. Switch problems seem to be largely a thing of the past, but it's a logical and easy thing to test.

Regards,

OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

iamn3ko

Hey sneaks, this is going to sound like a *REALLY* dumb question, but you did RECIEVE the Cera right??

You're not just trying to Vape out of a dildo right?

Sorry, no more jokes.

I wouldn't give up just yet, you could always mod it to make it work, once you get it running. Or just wait it out, because obviously TET has heard some of the more common complaints, knowing them once things are running back to normal for them they'll start producing some cool new stuff, that'll only benefit the entire Cera experience.

$800 is quite a bit of money, if its enough of an issue for you, there's always the SS for half the price, that kicks just as good of ass.

sneaky101

Lol, thx guys. You all gave me a good laugh. I haven't given up my other utinsels just yet so I'm not, not up.

Don't misunderstand...I have full faith in TET. I know I will love this thing once it works...I'm just waiting. Patiently. It's just one of those things. But I haven't found my meter yet. Going to be a project for tomorrow and try and contact TET next week if Sonic420's suggestion doesn't work. I'm just jealous of you people that have a working model. I can't wait for the mobility it will allow me!

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
I used a tinfoil crutch for an embarrassing amount of time, you paid for it to function, might as well enjoy its functionality while you wait for new parts. I understand you have other toys but the cores tend to work and not have problems from what I can tell and this would at the very least help narrow it down to the switch or the strap.

Cheerful Dub,

sneaky101

I used a tinfoil crutch for an embarrassing amount of time, you paid for it to function, might as well enjoy its functionality while you wait for new parts. I understand you have other toys but the cores tend to work and not have problems from what I can tell and this would at the very least help narrow it down to the switch or the strap.

When you say strap do you mean the strip that is inside the body that houses the battery? And the tin foil test...how exactly to you place the foil in there? It would be nice to pinpoint the issue.

sneaky101,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
When you say strap do you mean the strip that is inside the body that houses the battery? And the tin foil test...how exactly to you place the foil in there? It would be nice to pinpoint the issue.
Yeah the 'ground strap' connection between the core mount ring and the switch housing, the core, and the switch itself are the only real vectors of hardware operation/failure outside the cell.

I think the "test" is something OF refers to for concentrates so I am not familiar with that outside of his descriptions here. What I mean by referring to the tin foil is to roll/wad up a chunk of it and "use it" in place of the switch - unthread the switch from the housing and "push" the battery up with the foil for contact while holding the foil against the inside ring while attempting to use the device "like normal". You'll know right away if the switch was the problem :lol:

Outside of that and testing all the other points with a meter which has varying accuracy there is not much I can think to recommend attempting on your own.

OF

I think the "test" is something OF refers to for concentrates so I am not familiar with that outside of his descriptions here.

Absolutely right, the foil test is for concentrates, not vapes. If you do a search on 'foil test' you'll find I've described it like 50 times in these forums.....literally. You want to heat a small bit on foil from below. Look for it to melt quickly and completely, flow freely then evaporate completely leaving little or a tiny bit of residue. Anything less will cause problems.

OF

sneaky101

Yeah the 'ground strap' connection between the core mount ring and the switch housing, the core, and the switch itself are the only real vectors of hardware operation/failure outside the cell.

I think the "test" is something OF refers to for concentrates so I am not familiar with that outside of his descriptions here. What I mean by referring to the tin foil is to roll/wad up a chunk of it and "use it" in place of the switch - unthread the switch from the housing and "push" the battery up with the foil for contact while holding the foil against the inside ring while attempting to use the device "like normal". You'll know right away if the switch was the problem :lol:

Outside of that and testing all the other points with a meter which has varying accuracy there is not much I can think to recommend attempting on your own.

Yeah, I mean your tin foil crutch. I know my oil is pretty good (thanks OF, I'm familiar :) and wasn't asking how to check that. But...I tried your foil crutch with nothing happening. Soooooo, guess I need to find my meter and give them a call on Monday.

Thanks for everyone throwing out suggestions though. Sure wish one of them would have worked. On the plus side though, if I have to send the core back at least I didn't put anything in it and lose any oil.

OF

Thanks for everyone throwing out suggestions though. Sure wish one of them would have worked.

You're welcome.

FWIW I wasn't ready to throw on the proverbial towel, but it's your call. If you're happy, so am I.

Have a good weekend and good luck, I'm sure TV will sort it out for you.

OF

sneaky101

You're welcome.

FWIW I wasn't ready to throw on the proverbial towel, but it's your call. If you're happy, so am I.

Have a good weekend and good luck, I'm sure TV will sort it out for you.

OF

I'm open to suggestions if you've got em. Just not sure what else could be done. Still haven't found my meter...had to get out of the house for a bit.

OF

I'm open to suggestions if you've got em. Just not sure what else could be done. Still haven't found my meter.

If I had your problem and your resources (and wanted to press on) I'd be looking for a conductor to shut out the strap and switch.

In doing this I've used (in recommended order) copper wire, two paper clips straightened and twisted together (one wasn't long enough), a piece of coat hanger wire (only some small enough in diameter and a PITA to cut) and a doubled over staple and strip of foil.

You want to stand it on it's head without the end cap, then connect one of the grub screws in the medium size holes to the battery end cap. A spark is enough to go by, but you should also get plenty of heat. Including the steel paper clips heating IIRC. Obviously wire insulation and paint on the coat hanger needs to be considered. I tore off a couple inches of foil and folded it into a half inch or so wide strip half a dozen or so layers thick stuffing the doubled over staple in the hole (so it contacts the screw and sticks out) and held one end of the foil over the staple with one hand while pressing the other on the battery with the other.

Using the high current section of your meter (and leads), if you had it, is not only a handy way to make the test but can also give other useful information.

OF

NoName

Cera SS EO out for delivery, won't be long now!

Toros,

Congratulations, you're going to love that bad boy. If I may make a suggestion, weigh your EO cart BEFORE YOU LOAD IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!! This will provide you with YOUR EO CART's EMPTY WEIGHT (remember all carts are not 'created equal' and will vary in 'empty weight'). You can now re-weigh your cart at any time in the future to determine your cart's current load-or whether it's time for a refill (for those that have already used your EO cart, you might try weighing after your next thorough cleaning and dry). Makes it easy to keep track of what's going on. Hope this helps.

NN

Edit: BTW, a SS EO cart should weigh approx. 42 grams. IIRC OF has several cores and all at different weights.

AirDru

I think my switch may be broken/faulty. I'm getting no power to either of my cores. Is there anyway that i can still use Cera until i get in touch with TET? Ive had a long ass day and ive really been looking forward to a LL session.

TIA

AirDru,

iamn3ko

This is how I use my EO and LL, now.

Easy fast vapor, ceramic screens, ceramic and SS air path, open flow, exchangeable mouthpieces.

Anyone notice there's no thermal cap anymore? :)

34zyhvk.jpg

OF

I think my switch may be broken/faulty. I'm getting no power to either of my cores. Is there anyway that i can still use Cera until i get in touch with TET? Ive had a long ass day and ive really been looking forward to a LL session.

TIA

Sure. Take off the end cap and stuff a walnut size wad of aluminum foil in the end to short the bottom of the battery to the metal ring the end screws into.

OF

OF,
Reactions: AirDru

AirDru

Sure. Take off the end cap and stuff a walnut size wad of aluminum foil in the end to short the bottom of the battery to the metal ring the end screws into.

OF

I couldn't get this method to work.

Any idea what's wrong with my cera?

AirDru,
Reactions: OF

toros23

Edit: BTW, a SS EO cart should weigh approx. 42 grams. IIRC OF has several cores and all at different weights.

FYI - My SS EO cart was 41.97.. : )

Really happy with my purchase so far, performance is exactly what I was expecting. Huge bonus for me was the smaller than expected size and better than expected build quality. Really digging the materials, feels really solid like it is built to last. I now understand the price tag, this is a serious device.

Not much more to say, previous reviews have pretty much nailed it. My only complaint so far is the slightly off taste from the heating element (??), hoping that goes away over time. I see the quick start guide says it takes 30-50 inhalations to break in the heating element, so I am hoping that is the issue.

Now I guess I gotta show it to the wife so I don't get any funny looks later....

I appreciate all the advice and tips here from the early adopters, thanks everyone!

toros23,
Reactions: NoName
Top Bottom