Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Furianlord

I'm happy for you guys getting confirmation emails its just driving me nuts I place my order on Feb 10 for an SS EO and modified it on the 26th with an addition of a SS EL cartridge... Grrr just venting the wait has been long maybe my day is tomorrow.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
This is a great tip!
Something that can throw you off about screwing the core in is that you need to screw in far enough that the bottom o-ring of the core is below the rim of the body. That means it's gonna get harder to screw in as the o-ring starts slipping in and it might feel like you should slow down, but it's not in all the way yet at that point.

Haywood,

hektik8625

I'm happy for you guys getting confirmation emails its just driving me nuts I place my order on Feb 10 for an SS EO and modified it on the 26th with an addition of a SS EL cartridge... Grrr just venting the wait has been long maybe my day is tomorrow.
Same boat here...ordered on feb 18 ti eo cero, later added LL.....maybe tomorrow will be our lucky day :)

VapeHead.com

Retailer
I love it, all these new mods and custom pieces, you are starting to see how modular all the sizing is ;)

Exactly, so Tim you guys should make a removable herb chamber, a third piece that fits onto any core. It could keep herb secure, behind a simple screen with safety latch. The key I think is your distance to the radiating surfaces of the Cera's LL bowl interior. With a hand twist mechanism you could dial in an increased/decreased distance of the herb chamber's load, while it's seated on the o-rings and secure. That keeps the load insulated for as long as possible, not physically touching the main body+core, so you can control the amount of time the load is exposed to the core.

But also having a maximum temp (you could even build temperature rated LL cores, at 190C, 200C, 210C etc.) enforced by a bi-metallic switch, I think that would be a nice physical upgrade for the circuit, while still maintaining the no-electronics philosophy?

I hearby disclaim all "IP" and instead present this as a common-sense observation. And if you build it I'd be happy to test and help dial it in :)

Musicslv

Do you think it is better?
Well... It sure hits you hard. For that reason I've been using it mostly in the evening. It's not "better", just different. With weed there is an experience playing with the bud, looks and smells. But with the oil you just put it in there. My Cera works perfectly, there was a learning curve but I think I've got it figured out now. I love the device. But it is scary stoney... And I'm getting used to the taste, I just keep a orange nearby to "cleanse the palate"

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Heh, claim mouth. A couple fatty dabs will do that to ya. Yeah like mentioned terpenes/flavinoids are where the vast majority of the taste comes from. Well-made oil retains a ton of the terps/flavs and makes for some insanely tasty oil. A "low n slow" purge gets you the flavor of the starting material. Smaller/shorter draws will make it not as intense, but it is easier to get that one "too big" hit with oil and get laid out for a few...

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Another tip related to the core screwing that I'm unsure if anyone else has mentioned: when you're taking the ceramic mouthpiece off, I find it's best to twist clockwise (like you're trying to screw in the core underneath it) while pulling the cap off carefully.
If you twist the mouthpiece counter-clockwise there is a good chance you'll unscrew the core underneath it.
If you pull straight off it might pop off quickly and make a mess. I did this way more than I should have on my first day owning a Cera :doh:.
Most people who have owned one for a while probably already do it this way, but maybe I can save some of the new folks some spilled bowls.

This is all using the standard red o-rings; I haven't used any of the black viton ones so I don't know if they have more or less grip with the ceramic than the red ones do.

Hey, page 100. ¡Viva la Cera!

OF

I would like to add in that when I used my black o rings it kept leaving black scuff marks on my mouth piece.. I didnt like it, just a heads up to those with new ones also.

I found the same thing, the scuff marks didn't bother me, but I had one break trying to take it off. Checking the other two, I found one of them cracked. I must be hard on them. The red ones I've had no problems with.

OF

Rocco

I got A 2900mah 18650 button top that had the Orbtronic Logo on it with my order that I received a little over a week ago. I think THIS is it the same battery I received.

Rocco,

Furianlord

I guess cuz that's what I got with mine, what about you? Is there a difference?
I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet but I canceled my battery order from TET 2 weeks ago in favor of 8-ch's for same price as 2-Pd's from TET. They are about 650mah less in capacity but that's why there are 8.

Furianlord,

scottfree

I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet but I canceled my battery order from TET 2 weeks ago in favor of 8-ch's for same price as 2-Pd's from TET. They are about 650mah less in capacity but that's why there are 8.
hmm I have to get some for that price

scottfree,

toros23

Finally got my cera order squared away though I found their commerce site confusing and not very intuitive or flexible — there has to be a better way. I would like to compliment TET on their exceptional customer service — extra props to Zeki — I was confused and he patiently helped dig me out over a few phone calls. Thanks Zeki you are the best! :clap:

Just curious, did you happen to get an estimated wait time for new orders?

toros23,

ThermoCarloTV

Thermo Essence Technologies
Company Rep
Finally got my cera order squared away though I found their commerce site confusing and not very intuitive or flexible — there has to be a better way. I would like to compliment TET on their exceptional customer service — extra props to Zeki — I was confused and he patiently helped dig me out over a few phone calls. Thanks Zeki you are the best! :clap:

Trust me, no one likes our e-commerce site. No. One. I hear that a new e-commerce site will be going up, soon. And all will love it.

jrreinstein

Got my cera back from T.E.T and it is fully working now! Im not sure what they did to fix it because my LL core still jingles like there is a loose piece of metal in it, but it works like a champ!! Just one question, is it bad to keep my batteries in the charger 100% of the time that I am not using my Cera? Or if thats bad should I just top my batteries off every time and take them out when full? Or finally should I just wait until they are dead and then charge them. What is the best for the batteries? Thanks for the help!

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Just one question, is it bad to keep my batteries in the charger 100% of the time that I am not using my Cera? Or if thats bad should I just top my batteries off every time and take them out when full? Or finally should I just wait until they are dead and then charge them. What is the best for the batteries? Thanks for the help!
With regard to Lithium cells:

Your batteries hold their charge for a very long time (months) without losing a significant amount, so you should charge them whenever you have the time, whether they're partially discharged or mostly discharged. You should avoid discharging them completely unless you have a reason (e.g., you're out camping and you're using the Cera, and the battery gets used up). You should not discharge them all the way for no purpose. You will get more charge/discharge cycles out of your batteries if you don't discharge them all the way, but you don't have to be a fanatic about it.

Most modern chargers won't hurt or heat up your batteries if you leave them on the charger after they're done, but there is no need as once they have have a charge, the batteries won't discharge sitting out of the charger. When one wants to store batteries for a long time, it is recommended to charge them to 3.7 volts (a little more than half capacity). Long time is up for discussion, but most feel it means months.

Top Bottom