Discontinued Thermovape Cera

My ss cera gets here tomorrow but Im thinking about buying another cartidge. Is it possible to use the E-liquid titanium cartridge for waxes, tinctures, and oils?

Homecpwork,

Musicslv

Does anyone else think it helps to turn the Cera when you puff on it? Seems like I get better vapor density if I rotate it...

Musicslv,

Rocco

My ss cera gets here tomorrow but Im thinking about buying another cartidge. Is it possible to use the E-liquid titanium cartridge for waxes, tinctures, and oils?

You have the EO and LL carts already ordered right?

Im pretty sure the EO should take care of all the forms of medicine that you mentioned...Though I was confused by "tinctures"..Do you mean like Glycerol or PG tinctures ?...If so that is indeed a job for the E-liquid core.
If your only looking to do the waxes, oils, and most other forms of concentrates, Id think youll be fine with the EO on the job.:tup:

Rocco,

Rocco

I am so sorry, but, what is the best method for cleaning the ss eo?

Well im sending my unit off for repair, and to clean mine I have done this so far.

1. Soak in 91% iso for about 1-2 hours while frequently going back to it so I can apply some agitation to the water after the residues loosen up a bit.
2. I went ahead and boiled mine in WATER as well to get it extra clean because I used some lower grade oil that left some thick residues.
3. I used a cotton swab dipped in 91% Iso to go over the edges, nooks crannies and such that may have had any residue left.
4. Wiped the outside down with a paper towel and then let it sit upside on the paper towel for further airing out.

Everything looks clean as A whistle except for my small (what used to be white) cermic piece which is still blackish grey. (again I suspect the low grade oil to be the reason for my discoloration)

Rocco,
You have the EO and LL carts already ordered right?

Im pretty sure the EO should take care of all the forms of medicine that you mentioned...Though I was confused by "tinctures"..Do you mean like Glycerol or PG tinctures ?...If so that is indeed a job for the E-liquid core.
If your only looking to do the waxes, oils, and most other forms of concentrates, Id think youll be fine with the EO on the job.:tup:

true
vg tinctures to be exact unless i can put that into the ceo.
tinctures are the drops some ppl put under there tongue or vaporize as i wish to do

Homecpwork,

Musicslv

Well im sending my unit off for repair, and to clean mine I have done this so far.

1. Soak in 91% iso for about 1-2 hours while frequently going back to it so I can apply some agitation to the water after the residues loosen up a bit.
2. I went ahead and boiled mine in WATER as well to get it extra clean because I used some lower grade oil that left some thick residues.
3. I used a cotton swab dipped in 91% Iso to go over the edges, nooks crannies and such that may have had any residue left.
4. Wiped the outside down with a paper towel and then let it sit upside on the paper towel for further airing out.

Everything looks clean as A whistle except for my small (what used to be white) cermic piece which is still blackish grey. (again I suspect the low grade oil to be the reason for my discoloration)
Ok, so a good soak in iso followed by boiling in H2O then a good drying and swabing? Sounds right. Thanks!

Musicslv,

Rocco

true
vg tinctures to be exact unless i can put that into the ceo.
tinctures are the drops some ppl put under there tongue or vaporize as i wish to do

Ok Gotchya, I was just making sure you weren't meaning alcohol tinctures as that would be bad!

For the VG and PG tinctures I think it would be a better bet to use it with the E-liquid core but hey you never know, the EO could possibly do it? But I have not tried that and there may be a good reason to not do it and Im just unaware of it.

Rocco,

YeeeBuddy

I bought a coffee grinder from walmart for 15$ and it works great, i can turn an eighth to dust in 10-15 seconds. This is how I like mine for the LL, while i dont think this is necessary I find I get bigger clouds and nice even ABV. Girl scout cookie saw dust :freak:.

attachment

For inhale speed i prefer Noah's method, looong and slooow, wish i had a better camera than my iphone to take some vapor vids.

YeeeBuddy

Hey battery people can I throw my batteries on the charger right after using them, they are never hot sometimes slightly warm?Should I let them cool before charging or is it no big deal?

YeeeBuddy,

Darb

Not sure on the tinctures but I have been using my SS EL core for wax and oil. Works great!

OF

Ok, so a good soak in iso followed by boiling in H2O then a good drying and swabing? Sounds right. Thanks!

I'd suggest you do that the other way around, boil it first. There's a lot of junk in there, boiling gets more out faster than trying to dissolve it in a small amount of solvent. I also usually boil it after ISO since that gets all the ISO out.

But I'd suggest boiling first.

Why not save a $100 and go with the SS cart. Titanium is a sweet metal but for this vape application stainless would work equally well as SS melting point is around 2700 Fahrenheit.

Having tried both in 'A/B testing' (not true A/B in that I had to swap cores so there was a fair delay involved) I'm pretty sure the Ti carts get going faster and stop faster. Whether that is worth $100 to you is a call individuals would have to make. Hopefully over time there will be more reports to base that on.

Melting point is only one specification of interest, there's a whole host of other thermal factors for instance. If you plan on torching the core, I'd definitely do Ti. Likewise there is the corrosion issue, some climates make keeping SS in top form a chore. Not to mention more subjective, personal ones.

OF

jpdnkstr

the EO and EL carts are exactly the same except for the EO runs at 15 watts? and EL runs at 17 watts I believe. The EL produces vapor sooner and runs a little hotter that is all.
Could someone who is absolutely sure, comment on this difference?, is there no difference in the density of ceramic? I wouldn't mind having a little hotter cart!

jpdnkstr,

Furianlord

Could someone who is absolutely sure, comment on this difference?, is there no difference in the density of ceramic? I wouldn't mind having a little hotter cart!
The only thing I am unsure on is the exact wattage as I have A confirmation from ZEKI that the wiring is the only difference. "The difference in the two cartridges is just the wiring. They are exactly the same otherwise. We use the same materials in both of them but have the resistance in the wiring different to account for the thinner liquids and the thicker oils and full melt substances.
We include small plastic jars with each cartridge that is ordered in addition to one vaporizer, so you'll be good to go.
If you need anything else please let me know.
Thank you,
Zeki"

Furianlord,

OF

Yes, that's the case. Except for the number of turns in the heater they're the same.

Having tried all manner of powers, I'm not sure you want more power......I know for sure I don't.....but I detect you're mind is made up on that, no need to repeat it again.

OF

coffinoff

Just unboxed my EO Cera and took it for a little test drive. Loaded it up no problem with about .5g.

Warmed it for 8-10 sec. Dropped in about .2, warmed it up again until that starts to melt into the ceramic. Put in a little more. Warmed it again for a good 10 sec and watched a big fat bubble of vapor rise up across the entire bottom surface of the core. I put the mouthpiece on and then just got a massive lung buster of a hit.

Holy hell.

It's super effective.

After using a T1 and the DART exclusively for several months, I thought I pretty much knew what I was getting into with the Cera but this is a completely different animal . It's like going from your trusty daily driver, and then jumping in a bad-ass muscle car.

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
I would like to report as an ex smoker and current EL core fanatic that after having mixed my own PG/Nicotine/Flavorings bought independently from MyFreedomSmokes, having tried InnoVapor UltraPure, and finally acquiring some Johnson Creek, I am finally "blown away" by a smoke juice. I have tried all the 3 JC "tobacco" flavors and one savory flavor with vanilla notes and I feel probably no matter what flavor you go with, their product is by far the best material to utilize with the best portable vape we all know and love. I was like goddamn :o

Warmed it again for a good 10 sec and watched a big fat bubble of vapor rise up across the entire bottom surface of the core. I put the mouthpiece on and then just got a massive lung buster of a hit.
Splashdown! :science: cheers to another immediately satisfied EO user :clap:

Furianlord

I would like to report as an ex smoker and current EL core fanatic that after having mixed my own PG/Nicotine/Flavorings bought independently from MyFreedomSmokes, having tried InnoVapor UltraPure, and finally acquiring some Johnson Creek, I am finally "blown away" by a smoke juice. I have tried all the 3 JC "tobacco" flavors and one savory flavor with vanilla notes and I feel probably no matter what flavor you go with, their product is by far the best material to utilize with the best portable vape we all know and love. I was like goddamn :o

I am glad to hear this as I ordered a 30ml bottle of their Tennessee cured PG free smoke juice and I am dying to try it (cera SS EO & EL on back order should get email early next week).

Furianlord,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

No really, but how about the taste?? A day or so after I had received my AVA (after the small "break-in" period) I was blown away by the taste of the juice! I had it in another unit previously and it wasn't near that good...

funkin

Just unboxed my EO Cera and took it for a little test drive. Loaded it up no problem with about .5g.

Warmed it for 8-10 sec. Dropped in about .2, warmed it up again until that starts to melt into the ceramic. Put in a little more. Warmed it again for a good 10 sec and watched a big fat bubble of vapor rise up across the entire bottom surface of the core. I put the mouthpiece on and then just got a massive lung buster of a hit.

I wish I had followed this same procedure the first time loading my Cera. I was (foolishly) hesitant to keep adding more wax after ~.5g, and I don't think my ceramic was fully saturated when I stopped loading. I vaped off that .5g goofing around (hey, it still worked..!), then basically did the same thing you just described with a new load of wax, and got the same results that you did. Awesome.

OF

I was (foolishly) hesitant to keep adding more wax after ~.5g, and I don't think my ceramic was fully saturated when I stopped loading. I vaped off that .5g goofing around (hey, it still worked..!), then basically did the same thing you just described with a new load of wax, and got the same results that you did. Awesome.

IMO it's the most natural thing in the world to be shy about loading a bunch of expensive goods into your new Cera. While it's intuitive in many ways, I don't think loading it is one. You have to experience it for it to make any sense. Once you get the full results it kinda changes your perspective on what should be happening.

Once that solid base is built in, you can get down to the serious business.....

I think it's super cool that guys are finally getting their hands on Ceras and sorting them out. This is just too neat a vape to keep secret.

I am so glad I SLOWED down and took some time to read this cera thread. I almost rushed by before reading to purchase plastics, whew, a close call. It has really helped me see the light regarding the cera after being educated here (thx OF). I have discovered a device (on paper) that I like everything about — ceramic, heat on demand, ability to switch components and adapt to function, and the best cleaning features of any vape I have ever seen. So I took the bait...now to just try this beauty it out.

You're very welcome. I too am glad you slowed enough for logic to catch up. I understand the backlog is under a month and falling, your wait will be relatively shorter (but by no means easier I bet) to get through. Once you do, I'm sure you too will agree, it's a cut above and there's no going back. NOBODY has a used one for sale......

"Come on in, the water's fine!"

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

OF

Top Bottom