Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well that pisses me off. I got my repaired dart back in a cracked AVA LR tube. I was told they did not have anymore Revolution tubes and that was the best they could do for me. And that was less than a month ago. And my ceramic was definitely cleaned and not replaced

OF

Well that pisses me off. I got my repaired dart back in a cracked AVA LR tube. I was told they did not have anymore Revolution tubes and that was the best they could do for me. And that was less than a month ago. And my ceramic was definitely cleaned and not replaced

"No good deed goes unpunished".

OF

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Well that is interesting. Maybe they didn't have any tubes and some were scrounged up recently?
I don't think TET would hold out on you MNIM
What did you tell them you wanted done when you sent your core in?

VapoRoor,
Reactions: OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well that is interesting. Maybe they didn't have any tubes and some were scrounged up recently?
I don't think TET would hold out on you MNIM
What did you tell them you wanted done when you sent your core in?
My Dart was dropped and the tube cracked and the loader wouldnt fit in anymore so I just had them replace the tube. Maybe they didnt change my ceramic because it was still a working dart and didnt burn out or anything?

Mynameismud,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
My Dart was dropped and the tube cracked and the loader wouldnt fit in anymore so I just had them replace the tube. Maybe they didnt change my ceramic because it was still a working dart and didnt burn out or anything?

The core I sent in was said to be in working condition. I never tried it cause it was 6v.
I did notice that the core I recieved runs a bit cooler compared to my old (dirty) core.

Maybe cause theres less oil heating up in the chamber

VapoRoor,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Dart has me :buzz::freak:

My older core is so gunked up below the ceramic wafer. I can see the porous surface on my old core but so much vaped oil has to be in the chamber, during initial heatup I can hear sounds that I interpret as oil softening up and "opening up" an airpath?
So I am wondering if I should drop some vaporblunt e-juice to sort of get the thicker oils "flowing" a bit more.
I'd only drop about 2 drops at most.
I realize the flavor of my oil would be altered, but thats okay because it tastes like reclaim :puke:
Anyone advise against this?

EDIT: Realizing this should be in the thermovape revolution for concentrates thread :doh:
Dart = :razz:

Last edited:

OF

So I am wondering if I should drop some vaporblunt e-juice to sort of get the thicker oils "flowing" a bit more.
I'd only drop about 2 drops at most.

Anyone advise against this?

I would definitely advise against it. If it's a solvent for the gunk (which I highly doubt) it will just burn off again leaving the gunk behind.....and no doubt add some more junk. That's I think the best you can realistically hope for.

You need to wash it out, not move it around. I'd start with a boil, followed by a long ISO soak and another boil. Then probably a 20/20/20 burn or two and back to boiling and ISO. It went in, it should come back out eventually. It's best to not let it get too messed up.....as I guess you've decided?

Anyway, follow the drill TV laid down. If a couple of passes through it you're still jammed up, PM me and we'll carefully run my top secret 'hasn't failed yet' technique.......after you've sworn to keep the secret of course.

OF

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I would definitely advise against it. If it's a solvent for the gunk (which I highly doubt) it will just burn off again leaving the gunk behind.....and no doubt add some more junk. That's I think the best you can realistically hope for.

You need to wash it out, not move it around. I'd start with a boil, followed by a long ISO soak and another boil. Then probably a 20/20/20 burn or two and back to boiling and ISO. It went in, it should come back out eventually. It's best to not let it get too messed up.....as I guess you've decided?

Anyway, follow the drill TV laid down. If a couple of passes through it you're still jammed up, PM me and we'll carefully run my top secret 'hasn't failed yet' technique.......after you've sworn to keep the secret of course.

OF
Oooooo, TOP SECRET :dog:
I used below top shelf above mid shelf waxes (bho) cause I was in the mountains and thats all there was at that point in time.
So no doubt its a DIRTY core

It still gets piping hot tho, I've done multiple boils and iso soaks. proably about 7 during its whole lifespan.
However my battery supply at that time was a 650 mAh 3.7v battery (ego style) so a 20/20/20 burn would eat my battery and I'd be able to do it once.
Now I use the T1 with the 17670's and have 5 batts.

Lets initiate Dart core revitialization !
For the Revolution! :goon:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Been giving my UltraDART some real love lately. Got some Agent Orange CO2 in a syringe, super easy to apply in there. I'll be travelling up north a fair bit with the fam for a road trip, so this'll definitely be the weapon of choice for medicating and keeping it stealth :tup:

Also, found out something cool the other day but got too lazy/stoned to post about it. If you've got a MFLB, the little black o-ring fits perfectly inside of the outer body, and when you screw the adapter back on, it triggers the switch. Completely replaces the need for foil, while looking much much better and being able to be used forever with ease of removal. I've got a few laying around from old Boxes. Also good for doing your dry fires after a cleaning.

Anyways, puffing away on my AVA and some of Halo's Tribeca juice @24mg. Still can't find a better mech I like, the form factor and power behind it, plus construction materials, is killing the game, even if the Ultra's "dead."

OF

I rock my UltraDART's everyday, even at home, and I have lots of tools!

Amen, Brother, amen. It's a charmer for sure. Lots of us miss them, a few were lucky enough to get on board when the time was right. I've even got a brand new one stashed.....gives a guy a real secure feeling. Maybe, in time, some clever guys will reproduce them, or maybe TV will make more? Unfortunately the 'threshold of entry' is probably pretty steep at this point. TV owned (or leased rather) the wizz bang screw machines that made all the parts in their tiny shop. They've moved to a different shop, returned the machines and use a different 'model' these days so they too will have that same nut to crack.

But maybe DART is too good a thing to keep down for ever?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
But maybe DART is too good a thing to keep down for ever?

OF

Who needs the Dart now that cera is around...i was hesitant to jump on board the cera train and thought I would always keep my Dart handy even if i did buy a cera. Well, bought a cera and sold both my darts and havent looked back since!

OF

Who needs the Dart now that cera is around...i was hesitant to jump on board the cera train and thought I would always keep my Dart handy even if i did buy a cera. Well, bought a cera and sold both my darts and havent looked back since!

Good point, however, until the 'shirt pocket Cera' comes to be I think Revolution/DART is a very nice thing to have to fall back on.

While mine no longer get used as much as 'pre Cera', they still see duty and would be sorely missed. A guy really can't have too many good vapes you know.......at least not yet.

OF

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
HOLY SHIT !
I just bought a cera, My darts are looking at me like :nope:

VapoRoor,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Good point, however, until the 'shirt pocket Cera' comes to be I think Revolution/DART is a very nice thing to have to fall back on.

While mine no longer get used as much as 'pre Cera', they still see duty and would be sorely missed. A guy really can't have too many good vapes you know.......at least not yet.

OF
Yes, i see your point...but wouldnt a 510 or ultra/ultramax adapter for cera make it 'the shirt pocket Cera'? Therefore, making the dart obsolete?

Mynameismud,

OF

Yes, i see your point...but wouldnt a 510 or ultra/ultramax adapter for cera make it 'the shirt pocket Cera'? Therefore, making the dart obsolete?

For some, perhaps. But consider I have just such a gadget (a 510 to Cera) adapter as do a couple other guys I've made them for to evaluate. I know for sure at least three of us still use our Revolution/DARTs since they are not only smaller physically but can be run from smaller batteries. DART and Ego Twist go together just fine (in fact I often carry a Ego 350 mAh battery for size since it's like the Ultra Light or even a bit smaller). There are no suitable e-cig supplies for Cera in my opinion.

Using the 14500 based Ultra, adapter and Cera core is a package I don't think many would classify as a pen.

I'm not looking for another rash of 'how about XXX' posts here. I've investigated a LOT of them, even had custom Cera cores made for testing. There are obscure ones I've never tried but thus far none are up to the 5 Amps duty. Like running the family car at 120 for a while, or the burn out problems now plaguing the SR71 roll out the heavy loads take their toll.

I don't see a 'shirt pocket Cera' being very practical....yet.

OF

OF,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@OF touche...

Using the 14500 based Ultra, adapter and Cera core is a package I don't think many would classify as a pen.
OF
If TV came out with an Ultra top that allowed the cera to screw directly into the ulta it would remove about an inch/inch and a half from your design and would be much closer to being considered a pen IMO. But you said the ultra cant handle the cera so i guess the point is moot

The Dart just never performed the way my cera has in the short time Ive had it.

Last edited:

OF

@OF touche...

If TV came out with an Ultra top that allowed the cera to screw directly into the ulta it would remove about an inch/inch and a half from your design and would be much closer to being considered a pen IMO. But you said the ultra cant handle the cera so i guess the point is moot

The Dart just never performed the way my cera has in the short time Ive had it.

No it would not. The actual number is less than half an inch, just under .41 in the one pictured. Basically the length of the pin between the bottom of the Cera Cart and the top of the switch contact (where the 510 connector goes).

The big steps backwards are in diameter (the Cera cart basically 'doubles the fat part' and increases the maximum diameter) and the big increase in weight (you could go to Ti cores of course for an extra $100 each), not length. In fact, my latest adapter and Cera cart are almost exactly the same length as the DART cart is.

DART takes some experience and skill to get best results, more so than many there vapes. Cera, with it's extra margins in power and reservoir size, lets you get good results with more sloppy technique. It's a lot easier to catch trout on heavy tackle.

Cera does so much better because it is bigger and uses (lots) more power. That part won't go a away. If you want small and light some compromises need to be made. Not surprisingly (to me) TV worked through the engineering pretty well. No 'great leaps forward' I can see.

I'm a big fan of the idea (which is of course why I proposed it.....) but I think I've got a pretty good grasp of what's involved having fiddled with the idea for some time. I anxiously await someone offering them, but firmly believe that even with such adapters Revolution/DART will still have a useful role to play.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

OF, I feeling we have different definitions for "pen-sized" vapes. Even with the Evo on my Ultra I still felt that it was a pen vape. I did a really shitty job of scaling the picture on my phone and compared it to my Ultra. Not scientific really but if you said the EO and adapter are the same length almost as the DART and it looks about as thick as the Ultra body, I'll still call that a pen-style/sized vape. Weight shouldn't really be a problem if you wear pants the righ size or a belt... Of course the constant here is the battery. I'll definitely keep both around, the way I see it, the Rev/DART has a smaller capacity so you don't have to commit to a lot, ~.15g as we know, as well as a slimmer form and nice battery life. The EO is the tank with the reservoir to pass around with friends that just pushes clouds.

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

@OF or anyone that knows offhand, at what ohms do the DART and AVA (both LV obviously) run? I bought a ViVi Nova clearo tank for ejuices and it works sooo well with the Ultra! I currently have the 2.4ohm head on it, at first I thought the two extras in the box were replacements, and while they are, they're both rated at different ohms, one being 1.8 and the other being 2.8. The recommended voltage range for the 2.4ohm is perfect for the Ultra, just above halfway in the range. I'm curious as to which of these heads most closely matches the ohms of the other two TV carts I have to have something to compare the heads to.

Thanks in advance if anyone has the figures, if not I'll shoot Zeki an email tomorrow morning.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom