Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

Just checked the usps tracking, and it looks like my WDZ will land at the homestead tomorrow. Here's hoping towards a wild and woolly woodeez weekend! Will report after I get properly acquainted. So excited!

SkeletonLips,

pbmagnet4

SkeletonLips said:
Just checked the usps tracking, and it looks like my WDZ will land at the homestead tomorrow. Here's hoping towards a wild and woolly woodeez weekend! Will report after I get properly acquainted. So excited!
Excellent, take some pics when you get it!

pbmagnet4,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Well, it seems that the 13.5 v adapter was a revelation for me :D. Finally, I can get into vaping. It definitely works and I am not going back to the 12v adapter any time soon (except when it is idle). Not only am I getting the kind of high I am used to, with a body buzz, but I am getting more vapor too. And trust me, getting vapor out of the WDZ was NEVER a problem-- but hell, now I get even more.

I vaped 4 stems yesterday. 2 at a time, 2 sessions. I used to get 2 milky shots and a 3rd hit with some vapor with the standard stock adapter (this is all through a bong-- I never vape the wdz dry). Which was pretty good, I never had complaints. Now, however, I am getting 4 fantastic milky shots with the 13.5 adapter, plus 2-3 hits with little or no visible vapor after-- it is taking me LONGER to finish a bowl with the higher voltage adapter, cuz it seems there is more vapor extraction going on.. ??

The ABV is still not as dark brown as I hoped. There is room for more extraction with higher temps, but I think I've reached the max temps of this style unit, unless I use a coozie too maybe.

I'd also just like to say that my vaping process involves packing a stem, vaping it, packing another stem, vaping it, then repacking some of the lighter ABV and vaping that. So, for every stem, I essentially vape it twice, more or less. The second vape session is less enthusiastic and I get a couple of hits with some vapor, nothing major. With the 13.5 adapter, revaping the ABV doesn't produce fantastic results, a little better than before, probably because most everything that can be extracted at the temp the unit can reach has already been extracted. Maybe I will try that coozie along with the 13.5 v adapter sometime, unless it is advised against.

Anyway, I am very happy now. I can finally use the WDZ to conserve bud and still get roasted. Thank you jeebus!

One thing to note: the body of the unit never got discernibly hotter when using the higher volt adapter. I was kinda wondering if it has made any difference at all- but all I had to do was start vaping. You other guys using higher volts-- does the wood of your unit get noticeably hotter??

Rick: Thanks for your offer. I had heard that you offer the adapter for 15 bucks but I wanted to try it out yesterday itself (y'know how that can get) so went to radioshack instead. I do appreciate your offer to help though and will be e-mailing you soon. Thanks!

obelisk,

max

Out to lunch
the body of the unit never got discernibly hotter when using the higher volt adapter.
It shouldn't. That's determined mostly by the density of the wood. A highly dense wood will transfer more heat through the wood (to the surface) instead of keeping it inside the housing where it's supposed to be. This is why only certain wood types are appropriate for a vape like this. You need a specific gravity in the approximate range of .5-.7.

max,

pelswick

oh hey guys. I ordered one of these a month ago and I've been so high that I forgot to post.

it works great and is even better with a beer cozie. it works great with keef and hash too.

I wanted a PD but the waitlist just wasn't happening. my friend uses the woodeez instead of smoking now when he's over.

here's a pic of it with the Cincinnati Fightin' Cocks beer cozie.

58951368.jpg

pelswick,
Just stopping by to say that I've got a review and pictures coming soon! I love, love, love this thing! More to come within the week! Thanks Todd! And thanks FC, because there may not be a best vaporizer, but there sure is a best vaporizer forum! -S.L.

SkeletonLips,

caseball2051

so how exactly do vapes like thsi work?

i saw that theres a small screen on top. do you load into the screen and use hte stems as a mouth piece? im interested in this unit, could i please get some clarification? im a little confused as all i see are pictures!

caseball2051,

obelisk

caseball2051 said:
so how exactly do vapes like thsi work?

i saw that theres a small screen on top. do you load into the screen and use hte stems as a mouth piece? im interested in this unit, could i please get some clarification? im a little confused as all i see are pictures!
Case: the stem has a nylon (I think) 'straw' that is attached to a metal cylinder that houses a screen and space to fit your herb. This essentially is the stem- a nylon straw like piece attached to a stainless steel bowl that has space for herb and has a screen attached. You grind your herb and to pack the stem/bowl you suck the herb into the stem-- i.e. you suck through the mouthpiece and the herb gets packed into the stainless steel bowl.

Once the stem is loaded, you insert it into the heating chamber, where the herb gets heated and emanates vapor.

You can get two sizes of stems-- one is long enough for dry hits and the other is a shorter stem to use with tubes (bongs).

So, one can either use the long stem as a straw to inhale vapor or order the short stem to hook it up to your tube and hit the vapor through water (my preferred way of toking).

The wdz is very intuitive to use.

obelisk,

caseball2051

so the bowl is actaully on the stem. and it screws into the heating element?

how many hits can you get from 1 packing?

caseball2051,

obelisk

caseball2051 said:

The bowl doesn't really screw into the heating element, it is inserted in and fits a bit loosely (for the wdz anyway). But yes, the bowl is built into the stem and the bowl end of the stem is inserted into the heating element.

As far as hits go, it depends on your inhaling method, how much you pack, the quality of your herb and how moist/dry or ground it is.

Typically, the way I do it, with very good quality herb, a loose full pack and inhaling through a bong, I get anywhere between 2-4 hits full of vapor (of which the first 2 are very tasty). Then, I get 2-3 more hits of very thin vapor to no vapor at all (just taste). This is with a higher than stock voltage adapter (13.5v vs 12v). I do not have a typical or consistent inhaling method-- sometimes I go slow sometimes strong. Also, I have never used the WDZ dry except the first day when I rec'd it, so cannot speak on that delivery method.

Please note that the wdz bowl has space only enough for .025-.05 g of herb (IIRC- someone please correct me if I am wrong). This is a remarkably small amount of herb and speaking subjectively, in my experience, the vapor to herb ratio is very high in the wdz and, logically, will be in similarly styled vapes as well.

I'd definitely recommend the WDZ device itself and the customer service that Todd provides as well.

obelisk,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
caseball2051 said:

Think of the stem and vape as a miniture whip set up, without the tubing. Load the herb into the stem, slide stem into heat exchange, inhale.

The number of hits from 1 stem all depends on several things; how you hit the stem, how fine you grind your herb, the quality of that herb, and how full/tight you pack it.

DevoTheStrange,

tonylarock

:2c:This is the deal with WDZ, Wdz is super cool and super stealth and super on my wallet. like any toy you and i own, example Xbox, car, bike, computer etc. we need to maintain it, So if you want your WDZ to last a real long time, then WDZ needs a rub down with Murphys oil or walnut oil, at least 3 a month if not more - otherwise it will crack due to heat, if your going to put your wdz away for a while rub it down (RID) my WDZ is Perfect mint condition nice dark chocolate, my wdz is going on a month and not even a splint of a split. :2c:

:2c:You definitely dont want a perfect seal on screen stem to the wdz tip,
Because then you will have no air flow to inhale, I was even thinking of drilling mine so as I would be able to take a quicker larger hit vs. slow hit? Ill keep you posted if I go through with it. Rid 3x a month, and you should be golden .:2c:

tonylarock,

lwien

tonylarock said:
WDZ needs a rub down with Murphys oil or walnut oil, at least 3 a month if not more - otherwise it will crack due to heat....
It will? 3 times a month?

I have a similar vape and I only rub her down once a month. She's been on 24/7 about a year now with no cracking what so ever.

lwien,

tonylarock

Uses:
Walunut lumber is used for fine furniture, architectural woodwork, musical instruments, decorative panels, interior trim, and flooring. Large amounts are also used for veneer. Its stability and shock resistance make it the wood of choice for gun stocks. Many customers appreciate its "easy of use" and beautiful colours to use as a craft wood in all their small turning and scrollsaw projects. The fact that it is the only dark North American wood, has added to its reputation.

It typically grows in a mixed hardwoods forest, with light coverage.

Wood Description:
The sapwood is creamy white and may be three inches wide. Heartwood is a rich chocolate or purplish brown in colour, with a dull sheen. Black walnut is normally straight grained and is noted for its beautiful grain character, producing more figure variation than any other wood. Over the years the wood develops a lustrous patina. It is the only dark brown domestic species, so it has a large following of devoted woodworkers, that enjoy its rich colour and ease of use..

Finishing:
Walnut takes any finish and most complement the lovely satin sheen of the wood. It polishes well. Rarely do you find sap pockets that cause difficulty.

Machining:
Walnut works easily with power or hand tools but may cause some dulling of cutting edges. Planing, turning, shaping, routing and sanding all produce crisp detail. With figured crotch wood it is necessary to watch the direction of feed, in both thickness planers and jointers. Fasteners hold well with little tendency to split. Standard adhesives and stains go on uniformly. Wood is rated tough and hard with good steam bending qualities and little movement in service. Wood and sawdust of black walnut are known to cause irritation of the eyes, nose, skin and lungs, and may stimulate allergies and asthma - precautionary measures are advised... a good dust mask is essential.

tonylarock,

bigbank

First post. Just ordered WDZ a couple days ago. Hope to have it next week. Todd was easy to deal with. Hes sending me some different size stems with the unit. I dont have any experience with the PD style vape, but am interested in conserving so Im sure I wont be disappointed. Probably pick up one of those HVY beakers to go with it. I was surprised how cheap that thing is. Im such a sucker though as I am tempted to go up to the one with the perk for twice as much, still cheap, but then I want the super thick 9mm with the tree. Now Im at like 5x initial cost, but rationalizing with It wont break. Is the perk and all the crap really necessary with a vape, or is simple the way to go. Thanks everyone, Ill let you guys know what I think when I get everything together.
Thanks again, Todd

bigbank,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Percs are definitely are not needed for the WDZ.

I have the HVY 8-arm tree and I've used it a bunch of times with the PD and it's most definitely overkill... I prefer to use my single chamber Roor.

room007.jpg

For the Supreme though, I prefer the HVY perc because the amount of vapor definitely benefits from the extra diffusion.

Chubba,

EitherOr

Hey y'all, just wanted to share a couple images of my new WDZ. As a PD owner, I am looking forward to checking out the WDZ in person.
I intend to edit this post with a review sometime this weekend, I wont get a chance to use it until then.

New curvy WDZ

The odd couple (Left: Ti Tree PD - Right: Curvy Walnut WDZ)

They did start fighting viciously when I put them next to each other. Once I broke it up they hugged it out and all is well.

EitherOr,

obelisk

EitherOr said:
Hey y'all, just wanted to share a couple images of my new WDZ. As a PD owner, I am looking forward to checking out the WDZ in person.
I intend to edit this post with a review sometime this weekend, I wont get a chance to use it until then.

New curvy WDZ

[url]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5599/imag0049y.th.jpg[/url]

The odd couple (Left: Ti Tree PD - Right: Curvy Walnut WDZ)

[url]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8621/imag0050f.th.jpg[/url]

They did start fighting viciously when I put them next to each other. Once I broke it up they hugged it out and all is well.
:o fuck!

It is good to see Todd do some custom work (that is what I am assuming the curve is). If he gets access to some good looking wood, man, he is all set. This is some cool stuff, I hope you do well Todd!

Is it possible to have a WDZ made specifically for the high temp 13.5 v adapter? For instance, currently I have been advised not to leave the WDZ on the higher voltage adapter all the time. So when I want to toke, I switch adapters and wait about 10 minutes for the device to get hotter. While this is not so inconvenient, it does make for a more involving vaping process. Any ways around this with a regular piece or by making a custom (with a thicker wood block, I am assuming)?

obelisk,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Nice looking webpage pbmagnet. Thanks, that is awesome, I really havent had any free time whatsoever to be able to work on the Woodeez page. I really appreiciate it and will hook you up for doing that. Send me your shipping address again and I'll get you out a custom soon.
I still have people writing me confused about how to place an order. Until I can get the Woodeez webpage operational, orders can be placed by emailing me directly. Mention FC to receive the discounted price.

highendvapes,

pbmagnet4

highendvapes said:
Nice looking webpage pbmagnet. Thanks, that is awesome, I really havent had any free time whatsoever to be able to work on the Woodeez page. I really appreiciate it and will hook you up for doing that. Send me your shipping address again and I'll get you out a custom soon.
I still have people writing me confused about how to place an order. Until I can get the Woodeez webpage operational, orders can be placed by emailing me directly. Mention FC to receive the discounted price.
Thanks Todd, I dont need anything really special lol, I was bored and just wanted to give you a more aesthetically pleasing site. Thanks for providing good service.

pbmagnet4,
Top Bottom