claypool said:
Walvapor said:
This is about my 3rd week with my woodeez,
so far, so good! :)
have you kept it plugged in 24/7? I plan to, that why i ask :ninja:
Mine has been on since around Jan 2nd, if it's any help
it's been plugged in since day one! the only time it gets unplugged is
when i'm moving between rooms. but because it's been plugged in so long,
it looses no heat when i unplug it, and long as it's quickly plugged back in....it's like it was never unplugged! ;)

Guest,
G

I think the woodeez needs it's own product logo. that would be cool if todd put logos on the woodeez! the zap has that blue led, the pd has it's little logo thing on it.
just a thought. :rolleyes:

Guest,
G

i will post some pix and a video soon. when i get some more
'chips' to buy a camera!

Guest,
G

has anyone had any cracking problems with the walnut woodeez?

Guest,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Walvapor said:
has anyone had any cracking problems with the walnut woodeez?
Mine is still holding up from December. The colours are coming in nicely as well.

quomist,

tonylarock

Let me start off by saying, I just got given away all my pipes to family and friends after the first day with WDZ,
I swear to all that is sacred, that I am telling the truth,
I have been smoking for 25 years, and never have I encountered a better taste, , BIGGER HIT, and better high! With such a little amount. Holy Freaking doody! :o

Thank you WDZ!:peace:

tonylarock,

claypool

tonylarock said:
Let me start off by saying, I just got given away all my pipes to family and friends after the first day with WDZ,
I swear to all that is sacred, that I am telling the truth,
I have been smoking for 25 years, and never have I encountered a better taste, , BIGGER HIT, and better high! With such a little amount. Holy Freaking doody! :o

Thank you WDZ!:peace:
just what i wanted to hear. last post i read before i have my own! :ko:

claypool,
G

What a hell of unit...you will NOT be disappointed!! ;)

Guest,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Wow has it been a busy couple of weeks since I've had a chance to get on here. Thanks to all of you who ordered a Woodeez. I'm glad to hear that everyone is enjoying it.
Walvapor, there were two walnut units that were shipped out that split. Both have been replaced. The wood usually will split with the first day of use if it is going to. I test each one for 24 hours before I ship them and cracks will usually show up during that period. If one does get by me and split, it will be replaced.

highendvapes,

tonylarock

I love my WDZ, Nice darK walnut, combines nicely on my desk, with total discretion that blends right in.

PS.
Cold weather will spit wood (when mailed),........... When you get wdz let it adjust to room temp for 1hr. then plug in.

tonylarock,

Hanibal Lectin

I've had mine for a few days now and it works great! Quite different than my other vapes.
Hitting it reminds me of a pipe.

Hanibal Lectin,
I am very excited about getting my WDZ. I ordered on Thursday after Todd answered a few questions by e-mail extremely fast. He said that it should be sent out by the beginning of this week and I hope to have it by the weekend. I was planning on getting a PD, and I still might, but I am sure I made a great decision based on all the great knowledge in this forum. Plus, being able to deal with Todd direct, and also asking for a slight customization, makes me feel how I think the PD owners in the beginning must have felt.
I am glad that in this impersonal day and age, that it is great that there is still a handful of manufacturers that deal with their customers on this level. And when I think of all the owners of the PDs and MZs and WDZs, I think of them as a sorta exclusive club, the kind that the members are a part of because of their enthusiasm for vaping. These are not mainstream products, for whatever reason, and I am sorta glad about that. It means an all-round better experience in my eyes. Thanks for readin' this ramble. -S.L.

SkeletonLips,

claypool

got mine on saturday! full review to come later in the week, but here's a couple quick pics i took! loving it so far :D

kbwtj8.jpg

9focqe.jpg

thx todd!

claypool,

Hanibal Lectin

I drilled two holes in the diffuser cup and made a little basket handle with some copper wire I had so it's easier to take the cup off and on.
Also using the cup the first few days seemed to inhibit the dissipation of the wood taste, after couple of days without it went away.

Hanibal Lectin,
WOW! Hopefully Todd sees this! The real site looks very "90's" to me and this one is a huge improvement! PICTURES! Nice job pbmagnet4. -S.L.

SkeletonLips,

pbmagnet4

SkeletonLips said:
WOW! Hopefully Todd sees this! The real site looks very "90's" to me and this one is a huge improvement! PICTURES! Nice job pbmagnet4. -S.L.
Thanks SL! Its just something I whipped up in my free time.

pbmagnet4,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Guys,

a couple of quick questsions:

a) I want to go to radioshack to buy a higher voltage adapter. Now, I read Todd say that in his experience a 13.5 DC produced the same (or similar) heat/vapor as the 12 v AC. The wdz comes with a 12 v AC. So, should I pick up a 13.5 AC or DC? I figure AC, but I don't see anybody talk about a 13.5 v AC, only DC-- I'd appreciate someone clarifying this for me if possible. If there are any other specifications I should be aware of while purchasing a new adapter, I'd appreciate a heads up (for instance, I know the connector pin is 2.1x 5.5 mm) Thanks

b) this one is probably for Todd (or anybody else who owns an accurate thermometer)-- what is the temp range for the wdz, assuming decent break-in time (say a couple of months of having it on 24/7), no coozie and the stock adapter?

Thanks!

obelisk,

aero18

vaporist
obelisk said:
Guys,

a couple of quick questsions:

a) I want to go to radioshack to buy a higher voltage adapter. Now, I read Todd say that in his experience a 13.5 DC produced the same (or similar) heat/vapor as the 12 v AC. The wdz comes with a 12 v AC. So, should I pick up a 13.5 AC or DC? I figure AC, but I don't see anybody talk about a 13.5 v AC, only DC-- I'd appreciate someone clarifying this for me if possible. If there are any other specifications I should be aware of while purchasing a new adapter, I'd appreciate a heads up (for instance, I know the connector pin is 2.1x 5.5 mm) Thanks

b) this one is probably for Todd (or anybody else who owns an accurate thermometer)-- what is the temp range for the wdz, assuming decent break-in time (say a couple of months of having it on 24/7), no coozie and the stock adapter?

Thanks!
You want to buy AC. DC is for cars and boats. You can have Rick (from MyrtleZap) send you a 13.5 volt AC adapter. It will work with your unit.

I had a hard time finding mine in the city. Called several places but none had a 13.5 volt ac adapter.

aero18,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
aero18 said:
You want to buy AC. DC is for cars and boats. You can have Rick (from MyrtleZap) send you a 13.5 volt AC adapter. It will work with your unit.

I had a hard time finding mine in the city. Called several places but none had a 13.5 volt ac adapter.
Thanks! How much does Rick sell his 13.5 adapter for? I just bought one off Radioshack and the little fucker cost me 32 dollars! I am going to definitely return this one, but I really wanted to bring something home to try and see if I can get this thing to vape at higher temps!

I know I cannot leave the WDZ on the 13.5v adapter all the time-- and will keep it at 12v when not in use-- but how long do i need to let it heat with the 13.5v? I am guessing not 30-45 minutes like is suggested for a cold wdz-- probably 5-10? Man i wish i had a suitable thermometer!

EDIT: regarding the adapter I bought from Radioshack-- it is a DC adapter, i.e. it takes AC current and converts it to DC, so output is DC-- is this OK or do I need to return it? (it's one of those enercell ones that can do 13.5v output or 30v output-- there is a switch to set the voltage)

obelisk,
I believe they are 15 dollars plus shipping from Rick. I may be wrong though. But I am pretty sure that was what I read in the Myrtle/Aromazap thread.
Edited to add- I would return it, get your money back, and spend less on Rick's adapter. Which you know will work correctly.

SkeletonLips,

Rick

Zapman
Our 13.5s are DC. Zaps and WDZ will run on AC or DC, does not matter. DC on the MZ needs center pin positive for the led "on" light to work. All the DC ones I have seen are center positive.
We get $15 total delivered price. Email me if you want one.
Radio Shack sucks. We used to buy plugs from them years ago. They are a joke if you are in business. Maybe OK for phones and radio controlled toys for the consumer.

Rick,
Top Bottom