The WISPR vaporizer

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Picked up my WISPR last night after giving it a few months rest, This thing works so well and is so simple to use . It seems i got one of the units they all should be,got it late 2011 and used it at least three times a day up until january when i started playing with some other vapes. I Know the wispr doesn't
have the best reputation for durabillity at least not the early ones. Never had a problem with my original unit but I have a second one I bought to share with someone when they come over [we can each sit back with our own] that runs cooler and roars loudly also kinda sputters and chokes sometimes.
Just wondering if anyone else out there in FC land uses their WISPR daily or regularly.....Also wanted to
know users thoughts about how the newer WISPRs are holding up to Hard use.
Hope this makes some sense I'm awake so I'm Vaked

RUDE BOY,

Ricchini

Picked up my WISPR last night after giving it a few months rest, This thing works so well and is so simple to use . It seems i got one of the units they all should be,got it late 2011 and used it at least three times a day up until january when i started playing with some other vapes. I Know the wispr doesn't
have the best reputation for durabillity at least not the early ones. Never had a problem with my original unit but I have a second one I bought to share with someone when they come over [we can each sit back with our own] that runs cooler and roars loudly also kinda sputters and chokes sometimes.
Just wondering if anyone else out there in FC land uses their WISPR daily or regularly.....Also wanted to
know users thoughts about how the newer WISPRs are holding up to Hard use.
Hope this makes some sense I'm awake so I'm Vaked

Awesome! Glad you like it..... I did use mine regularly for a while, but now I have a Cano and a Buddah desktop vape, so I don't use it regularly anymore which ultimately is probably good for extending the longevity. There is probably a finite number of hits these units will last for.... but the better you treat it, the longer it should last you....

If you have a good unit, and you take care of it.... i.e. no dropping it, or excessively smashing in the piezo igniter you should be fine.

Use a good brand butane, let the unit sit for 5-10 minutes after filling it before you try to fire it up. The butane is really cold at first and the gas needs to equalize, expand and warm itself first before it's married to that little flame.....

Another good note, a bit of Wispr or iOlite wisdom: after you've baked the bowl, cash out the brown shit that's remaining. Everyone has a tendency to be so baked, they click it off and forget about it...

Don't do that..... dump out the brown, cashed material and leave yourself a clean chamber so that you're set up next time you're looking to bake.

It's like your dishes.... say you fry up some eggs...... the pan is going to be easiest to clean right after the shit has cooked..... If you let it cake onto the pan because you were too lazy it's going to be twice as hard to get off that caked residue once it's allowed to dry and fix itself to the pan, or in this case your Wispr....

Wispr's a great piece though man. It couldn't get any simpler.... I thought the Volcano was the simplest device to use..... wrong..... Wispr takes the crown... pack the bowl.... click the ignite.... vape...

Some people don't care for the fixed temperature, but for someone that might not have the greatest draw skills this vape will save you a lot of heartache.... Especially for people like the elderly that just want to pack a bowl and have 10-15 rips......

If I left those old people with my Buddah, or someone with poor draw skills they would surely combust the bowl and ruin everything first hit.....I know how to hit it and can milk 15 hits out of one bowl.....

iOlite does all the work for you.....You won't go torching a bowl on the first hit.... so in that sense, it's relatively idiot-proof....

Unless said idiot friend has overly strong hands and destroys the piezo igniter through sheer impatience.....

Treat it nicely and it will treat you the same way that you treat it.

Ricchini,

gr33nland

Just got my WISPR today, loving it so far.. and feelin pretty damn good.

One thing I noticed is that it seems to be using more butane than others have said. Im using a 7x refined from the brand 'Liquid', idk if that would make a difference or what.

Just had a great sesh, filled the chamber loosely about 3/4 full. Got more than enough of dense hits of delish. :tup:

gr33nland,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
gr33inland, how much butane is it using ? I'm getting 5-6 sessions out of my older one thats using it from a cold start and hitting it for around 7-10 minutes . I don't know " Liquid " brand butain But 7x should work fine. Been using 5x vector and neon since I've had mine. glad you like it so far , love mine and always hope to have one in my vaporizer rotation. Enjoy the Vapor !!

RUDE BOY,

gr33nland

I got about 3.5 the first fill up but it seems to be lasting a bit longer. I also waiting longer after filling it the second time before i started using it to let it warm back up. Check this out:
photo3-1_zps22059d64.jpg

gr33nland,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Nice whip , Hope It works out for you, I live at sea level and a hot climate, I understand all this can make some differance. I almost never run mine all the way down anymore but fill it every 2-3 bowls
a can of vector or neon 5x will last 5-6 weeks using the WISPR 3-4 times a day. REMEMBER it is Important to let the butane settle to room temp after filling , but thats alot better waiting 5 or so minutes then 3 -6 hours charging batteries. don't get me wrong I have Batteries on charge right now for the FV And the MFLB my NO2 is always ready to go. just love the ease of use with the wispr and iolite products.

gr33nland

The whip is alright, works good. I dont prefer it, but it is good for those who have said the hits from this vape are a little rough or high in temp for them. Yes, I love the fact that the WISPR is powered by butane as opposed to batteries. One of the biggest complaints you hear about portables is their battery life. A refill definitely beats a recharge.

gr33nland,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The whip is alright, works good. I dont prefer it, but it is good for those who have said the hits from this vape are a little rough or high in temp for them. Yes, I love the fact that the WISPR is powered by butane as opposed to batteries. One of the biggest complaints you hear about portables is their battery life. A refill definitely beats a recharge.

Oh yeah i agree 100%. When i had the solo i got about the same amount of usage per charge as i would with one refill of butane with the wispr. The only difference is when the battery on the solo died I would have to wait 2-3 hrs before it was charged again as apposed to a 2 second refill of butane

In regards to richhini about cleaning, i only skimmed the post, but for cleaning the inside (heater chamber with pin in middle) i found it best to let it cake up. Its much easier to clean this way from my experience. Once its really black on the inside all i do is take a key and run it in a circle and all the black gunk comes right off

gr33nland

Hey guys, its only been a couple weeks since i posted last.. Everytime i fill it it spurts everywhere now. I can still fill it, and it still works, but, is this the start of the reported faulty valve problem??

gr33nland,

gr33nland

i thought mine might had been the newer updated version because of the "cloudy" fuel window. but maybe not.

gr33nland,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
i thought mine might had been the newer updated version because of the "cloudy" fuel window. but maybe not.
If its cloudy and more blueish/plastic looking its the newer updated version. The old version tank is more greener and resembles the tube that would be found on a level.

As far as sputtering i dont think thats the faulty valve problem if you mean sputtering when you fill it. The faulty valve is referring to when it leaks. Unless by sputtering you meant you fill it and it starts sputtering/leaking afterwards. If that is your issue than that would also explain your decreased time of use per fill.

If its just sputtering when you fill it then it sounds like something might be blocking the valve or your not getting a great connection between the valve and can. If its the first one i would try filling it and then emptying it (i believe its called venting). If after two fills/emptying you still cant fill it without sputtering you probably have a faulty unit. Also when emptying make sure you use something sturdy. thin pins/paperclips and toothpicks can break off causing further problems. Also if you use a pen tip ive had ink blow every where which wasnt fun. If it is clogged ive used the back of an earing with good result (fits right into the little hole) to unclog the vent.

Hope this helped and you get your unit working. Its definately one of my favorite portables (for now) i have high hopes in the mivape eventually being released and might get a cera soon.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: gr33nland

gr33nland

If its cloudy and more blueish/plastic looking its the newer updated version. The old version tank is more greener and resembles the tube that would be found on a level.

As far as sputtering i dont think thats the faulty valve problem if you mean sputtering when you fill it. The faulty valve is referring to when it leaks. Unless by sputtering you meant you fill it and it starts sputtering/leaking afterwards. If that is your issue than that would also explain your decreased time of use per fill. If its just sputtering when you fill it then it sounds like something might be blocking the valve or your not getting a great connection between the valve and can. If its the first one i would try filling it and then emptying it (i believe its called venting). If after two fills/emptying you still cant fill it without sputtering you probably have a faulty unit. Also when emptying make sure you use something sturdy. thin pins/paperclips and toothpicks can break off causing further problems. Also if you use a pen tip ive had ink blow every where which wasnt fun. If it is clogged ive used the back of an earing with good result (fits right into the little hole) to unclog the vent.

I thought the same thing... I'll definitely try that next(when i'm done :tup:). Thanks for the quick help! I'll keep ya'll updated.

gr33nland,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No problem, happy to help. Also if you are experiencing decreased usage time, and its leaking you wont always be able to hear it. If you pay attention to the level after you use it and its significantly lower the next time, you most likely have a faulty valve. Although i will say that once i got the newer updated version i stopped experiencing issues so im gonna bet if anything its probably clogged. I just sold most of my collection so i no longer have the wispr so dont really check in here that much. If you need quick help though feel free to pm me Ive had it since the day it was available to ive experienced pretty much all the issues

Mynameismud,

gr33nland

So I emptied the wispr's tank completely, used a needle to unclog the valve on the wispr and on the can of butane.. still seems to be having the same issue.. I'm not sure what it is.. I'm not doing anything different. For now i guess its working but we will see.. Its not the can, just filled my solopipe with it and it was fine.

gr33nland,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Now to choose, green or orange??:hmm:
Probably too late but definitely orange! Ive had both, the green looks kinda different from the pictures. Its more like sea foam green(fender guitar color). Orange is flyers orange!

So I emptied the wispr's tank completely, used a needle to unclog the valve on the wispr and on the can of butane.. still seems to be having the same issue.. I'm not sure what it is.. I'm not doing anything different. For now i guess its working but we will see.. Its not the can, just filled my solopipe with it and it was fine.

When you used the needle on the wispr valve, did you push all the way down so the butane was being released while the pin is in the valve? Sounds like somethings wrong though the only sputtering when filling should occur when its completely filled or there isnt a good connection with the can. If its working thats great but itll proabably stop eventually so call them up for a replacement before the warranty is up.

Mynameismud,

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
Just got off the phone with Iolite USA. They recommend to no longer use Vector butane but Colibri or Newport butane. Something about Chinese butane is not as good as others. (I was also told that they use Colibri for in-house testing and that Iolite is making a new butane from themselves that should be out for distribution soon). Mine went in because I was having sporadic ignition intervals. They have been testing it all of last week and a few days more this week and so far the most it has taken has been 8 clicks using Colibri butane. Makes me happy!!!

Viprdude,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
8 clicks is horrible, i pretty much only used vector and once the redesigned the wispr it started up first or second click every time. They probably just stopped recommending vector because that is one of the most popular/easily available 5x refined butane so the majority of people calling with issues are probably saying they use vector. Ive found little to no difference between colibri and vector

Mynameismud,

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
My first one was the old one and replaced with a new one. It works now and is (mostly) trouble free and used multiple times a day. When the first one broke, I went out and bought a second unit to replace and use. That was one of the newer models and would take 45-60 clicks to ignite and go through a smoking amount of fuel. (No, no abnormally long sessions)

Maybe this person was blowing smoke up my %*& today. Korean gas vs other gas, maybe?

I don't see 8 clicks as the maximum number in a few days of what I was told "daily testing" being so bad. Maybe a misinterpretation is occurring. :shrug:

Viprdude,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I bought an iolite direct from O & B in May 2010. After several months, ignition became a worsening problem, and in April 2011 O & B replaced it. In August 2011 it too failed, as did its replacement recently, that I'm about to return. (I phoned O & B last night from here in Australia, and accepted their offer of an upgrade – to the Wispr 2 – for 80 Euros.)
BTW, I use mainly Ventti butane "with near zero stable non-volatile impurities", made in the UK! Other brands (except dodgy-loooking Chinese brands I've never heard of), are unavailable here in the wilds of rural NSW.

"Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly." Confucius

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
By the way, WISPR 2 is out...... $200 on Iolites web site.

Thanx viprdude i didn't know they were coming out with this . Can't wait to hear more about it . man 410F seems a bit hot for a preset temp I wish they would say a little more on the website about what changed other then temperature i can see small changes to the body a grill of some kind under The "light" and on the bottom of the unit . Hope some reviews are forthcoming soon .
I really like my WISPR I just don't use it that much right now .

RUDE BOY,

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
Apparently no more clicking and no more hissing. I don't know if this is some kinda pre-order deal or what, very little information and no one on the internets knows about it I guess.

Either way, I want one because I have used an Iolite WISPR since 2011 and I really enjoy the thing. It is used it multiple times daily and always leaves me with a smile on my face.

Viprdude,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I agree the WISPR was my main driver doing 4-5 sessions at least a day for over a year and a half and I never had a problem of any kind . Right now I'm playing with other Vapes, But the WISPR will always be part of my Arsenal . A better one is an unexpected treat , But I can wait to see how it pans out .
I've always liked the design and ease of use if its well recieved I already know I want one.

RUDE BOY,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Apparently no more clicking and no more hissing.
I think theres still hissing, when it says that on the website I think its reffering to when it is off? I could be wrong but thats what i got fron reading it and If think itd be pretty hard to make it silent while heating up...

I dont really see any improvements from the "updated" original wispr. Once i got the updated one it seemed to run at a slightly higher temp anyway, so the only thing that really seems new is not having to click twice and the little grill under the light. Kinda reminds me of how vaporfection released a vivape2 with very little changes.

You would think after being on the market for almost two years, they would come up with something slightly better than the wispr "2"... With all the new vapes on the market as well as upcoming ones its going to be hard for it to compete. Although I will say being able to fill it with butane is a lot better/easier than having to charge and wait

Mynameismud,

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
Now my current one is acting up, when it does ignite, it just runs for minutes on end and does not really ever turn off. Like the heat is not getting hot enough to turn off the first warm-up phase to go into its cycles of heating the chamber. I dunno waht to do. Another return? arghhh

Viprdude,
Top Bottom