The WISPR vaporizer

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Sorry to be dense, but you can separate the silicon piece from the metal piece on the mouthpiece adapter just by pulling? It wasn't coming off, and I didn't want to break it. Just want to confirm.

Yes it just pulls off.

If yours is all gummed up with resin.

Just soak the bowl and mouthpiece in ISO for a little while.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yes it just pulls off.

If yours is all gummed up with resin.

Just soak the bowl and mouthpiece in ISO for a little while.

Yeap finally figured it out. Thanks :-). Got all the pieces out, soaked them in ISO. Now letting them dry. Will be good as new. Thanks again very much.

newVaper420,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just recieved my replacement wispr a couple days ago, havent used it yet as I have another one on the way and I wanna sell one now that they haven upgraded and improved it. I have filled it up with butane though and fired it up to see if it works and all i can say is wow! They definetly took some time and feedback to really upgrade this thing as it seems like a whole new unit on the inside. Fires up immediatly and heats up a little quicker. Also there is a new fuel window which is kinda annoying because now u need to hold it up to a light to see how much butane is left, but it seems a lot more durable. Big props to Iolite on fixing their uh-ohs

Mynameismud,

breech

well, mine just up and died on me. got it in jan '12. pretty heavy use, always only used colbiri brand butane.

it worked fine up until today. three clicks and it was good to go normally. Had what sounded like a flow problem in the system, the gas seemed to slow down some and the ignition light was fainter/unit was taking longer to heat up.

finally it would barely light and then it would go out. it sparks and still hisses gas, but no ignition.

pretty much SOL as it was a grab bag x mas gift so no receipt for warranty.

breech,

mik3y

PAX, WISPR, MFLB
The Wispr is awesome with the MFLB whip. I find temps too high for my throat with the Optimizer prongs.

The stealthy look of the wispr still does it for me. But those deciding between wispr and pax.. I'd go pax it warms up soo quick!

mik3y,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well, this weekend I went on a trip with my wife, and some friends, and I had to leave the Cloud at home. Seeing as how the WISPR is my only portable and how I've fully given up combustion, I figured now is a good time to give the WISPR a proper review.

Let me start out by saying that having the WISPR as my only portable currently is frightening. Why? Because I fear that the WISPR will not ignite one day. Sometimes, when I click down, it ignites on 1 or 2 tries. Sometimes, I have to click the thing a lot, I mean 10, 20 times before it will ignite. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, or maybe something I'm doing, but it's damn frightening. I always try to keep the unit level when I try to click but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Ok, now once I got the thing started, and let it heat up, I was able to get some decent cloud production out of it. The pathway between the unit and you is small so the vapor can get hot but it wasn't too bad. I was able to produce decently dark brown ABV and get sufficient vapor production if I kept using the unit :-). I think I could get 4 or 5 sessions out of the butane, but I kept refilling it as soon as I could.

Overall great unit, I love it. I would recommend it if people weren't worried about butane and igniting. It hasn't failed on me and I use it a bunch, but it is damn scary.

newVaper420,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Well, this weekend I went on a trip with my wife, and some friends, and I had to leave the Cloud at home. Seeing as how the WISPR is my only portable and how I've fully given up combustion, I figured now is a good time to give the WISPR a proper review.

Let me start out by saying that having the WISPR as my only portable currently is frightening. Why? Because I fear that the WISPR will not ignite one day. Sometimes, when I click down, it ignites on 1 or 2 tries. Sometimes, I have to click the thing a lot, I mean 10, 20 times before it will ignite. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, or maybe something I'm doing, but it's damn frightening. I always try to keep the unit level when I try to click but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Ok, now once I got the thing started, and let it heat up, I was able to get some decent cloud production out of it. The pathway between the unit and you is small so the vapor can get hot but it wasn't too bad. I was able to produce decently dark brown ABV and get sufficient vapor production if I kept using the unit :-). I think I could get 4 or 5 sessions out of the butane, but I kept refilling it as soon as I could.

Overall great unit, I love it. I would recommend it if people weren't worried about butane and igniting. It hasn't failed on me and I use it a bunch, but it is damn scary.

As soon as you receive your Pax.

Send your Wispr back to get the upgraded model. Make sure you have the invoice or proof of purchase. That's all you need to show them that you are still within the 2 year warranty

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

OF

Sometimes, when I click down, it ignites on 1 or 2 tries. Sometimes, I have to click the thing a lot, I mean 10, 20 times before it will ignite.

IMO if it doesn't strike in a spark or two, it's very unlikely to do so in the next dozen. By then it's way too rich (too much fuel, not enough air) as the butane collects in the burner. You can, of course, wear it out by striking over and over and over.

My advice is to stop the gas, give it a few seconds to clear out (I actually blow into my Iolite when it balks), then try again. One of my Iolites never fails, another balks from time to time. Shutting it down and clearing the fuel out sets it right again.

OF

OF,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
As soon as you receive your Pax.

Send your Wispr back to get the upgraded model. Make sure you have the invoice or proof of purchase. That's all you need to show them that you are still within the 2 year warranty

What do I need to do to start this process? Who do I contact? What do I say? Thanks for the advice.

IMO if it doesn't strike in a spark or two, it's very unlikely to do so in the next dozen. By then it's way too rich (too much fuel, not enough air) as the butane collects in the burner. You can, of course, wear it out by striking over and over and over.

My advice is to stop the gas, give it a few seconds to clear out (I actually blow into my Iolite when it balks), then try again. One of my Iolites never fails, another balks from time to time. Shutting it down and clearing the fuel out sets it right again.

OF

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. :-)

newVaper420,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

What do I need to do to start this process? Who do I contact? What do I say? Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. :-)

North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
Toll Free Telephone: 888-710-3055
Fax: 815-425-8042
Email: cs@iolite.com

Just call them or email them. They will send you an RMA number.

Just tell them the truth. That it takes multiple times to ignite.

You will need to send a copy of that RMA email and a copy of your invoice or proof of purchase proving your date of purchase.

Send them only the Wispr unit. Do not send the bowl and mouthpiece. They will send you a new bowl and mouthpiece along with the new Wispr.

Make sure you clean the bowl of the Wispr with some ISO first. Either a cotton swab or paper towels work best.

It doesnt need to be shiny clean. But if you want a little piece of Brillo pad or very fine steel wool will shine up the bowl and pin like new. I use a wooden chop stick to push the steel wool around.

OF

You will need to send a copy of that RMA email and a copy of your invoice or proof of purchase proving your date of purchase.

I understand this idea, but the reason makes no sense to me. You have to prove you've had a unit less than two years that's been out for less than a year????

I think if you had it over a year before it came out, that would need some documentation?

OF

OF,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I understand this idea, but the reason makes no sense to me. You have to prove you've had a unit less than two years that's been out for less than a year????

I think if you had it over a year before it came out, that would need some documentation?

OF

I totally agree.

Maybe they just want proof of where you purchased the Wispr from?

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ive had the upgraded wispr for a month or so and ive gotta say the improvements really have me loving the wispr again. Starts up first time every time, heats up super quick and produces great tasting vapor...also the new fuel window gives me some confidence that it wont randomly start leaking butane. Didnt think it could happen but I really like the wispr again!

Mynameismud,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Ive had the upgraded wispr for a month or so and ive gotta say the improvements really have me loving the wispr again. Starts up first time every time, heats up super quick and produces great tasting vapor...also the new fuel window gives me some confidence that it wont randomly start leaking butane. Didnt think it could happen but I really like the wispr again!

After 2 months and 3 replacement Wispr's I sold it on EBay.

This was way before they decided to upgrade and fix the leaking valve issue.

I'm glad they finally fixed the problem.

The Wispr is not as ergonically friendly as the original iolite

I never did like holding a big Lego brick or juice box.

I also never liked the retro 70's styling.

Reminds me of the old metal tin screen that would cover an old cast iron radiator.

cover-forum-409.JPG

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: OF

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I mailed my Wispr back to Iolite today. Had troubles staying lit. It also eventually started to make a rattling sound like something came loose on the inside. Hopefully they have a better turn around this time. My last one was gone for over a month.

Ratm22,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I mailed my Wispr back to Iolite today. Had troubles staying lit. It also eventually started to make a rattling sound like something came loose on the inside. Hopefully they have a better turn around this time. My last one was gone for over a month.

My turn around time was a couple days less than 3 weeks. If you have the old model, youll be surprised at how awesome the new model is. the upgrades really turned it into an awesome vaporizer that starts up first click every time and has a little extra gusto now.

Mynameismud,
Anyone tried using butane that isn't "refined"? Unfortunately I couldn't find any butane around here that even has the word "refined" or "filtered" in it. They're all just generic ones for cheap lighters.

Will it likely just ruin the unit if I use those kinds of butane?

dissociative,

max

Out to lunch
When I first bought an iolite I used several small cans of Ronson, which isn't recommended (the U.S. version anyway), and had no problems. These vapes DO have a filter for impurities. I just wouldn't keep using the cheap stuff for long. You'll find higher quality brands in tobacco shops, and Vector (as good as any, and 5 times refined) is readily available on-line. And if you shop around the net, you'll find Vector at a very good price. The cans are huge- 320ml.

max,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Yeah I had to use some walmart ronson, a few times when in a pinch.
It handled the butane fine, but the taste is and smell was terrible.

Ratm22,

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
I got a replacement unit a while back and never updated here.

They changed something in the unit. The window to see where the butane would be is white. The firing / ignition button is much easier to move into on and easy to move off. The fill valve has a different color.

The new WISPR is a touch bit louder but does not burn as warm as my older model does.

I purchased a 2nd WISPR after the 1st one broke because I needed something to use. I got the replacement and the replacement is a back-up for when the other, older model finally takes a dump. The older model tends to burn warmer as I can feel it warmer in my mouth and sometimes it burns my lip on a longer draw. I try a nice, calm, smooth, extended draw and the older one has burnt me before and rarely does it now. But the new WISPR did not. I use a very bright flashlight to illuminate the type of vapor I am exhaling and the new unit is the smooth blue and the older unit is a puffy lighter hue of blue / near white.

I am very happy with the warranty service from Iolite, two years and all you need is the receipt/proof of purchase and clean it real nice and they send you a brand new unit.

I have had more problem with Nikon repairing my digital camera than Iolite with getting a replacement WISPR.

Lange

I've just made my faulty wispr work again by taking it apart and cleaning it. Had it for about a year, and gradually it's been acting up lately. I'd have to click several times to light it, and then a few days ago it just stopped heating all together. You could hear the gas flow, but the spark wouldn't light it.

It's a bit nervewrecking opening it the first time, but it's quite easy with a knife and a screwdriver (saw a guide on youtube). Looking up in the heating mechanism from below i could see a bit of dirt or dust. Removed it with a pin and a good old nintendo blow, now my wispr turns on in one click like when i bougt it. Must have been blocking the flow of gas.

Also stretched the springs in there a bit. Lighting mechanism became crisper and the gas shuts off properly again.

So there's hope for a faulty wispr if you've run into the same problems as me. One warning though: Small mechanical bits that need to be put together properly. Study it well before prying apart and cleaning.

Nebula

Hello guys!

I am new here and i have a problem with my WISPR.
It quit working and i have sent to the Iolite company a few service requests.
They never response.

I have the unit for about nine month and i have sent the first service request in june.
It quit working overnight. I did nothing wrong.
Only used recommended butane and the unit never felt down.
It does not fire any more and the vave is leaky.(the gas is coming out of it)

Has someone made the same experience with this company?
Is on this board someone from Iolite company I can contact?

Sorry if my english is bad, but it is not my mothertongue!

Greetings Nebula

Nebula,

Raf007

Retailer
Yes, this happen quite a lot. Please take the time to read the thread and you'll find answers to your questions.

Raf007,
Top Bottom