The WISPR vaporizer

JordilaForge

I ordered my Wispr2 nearly 1 month ago, but the order hasn't been sent out yet. According to the support they have a lot of pre-orders to process. It's strange to see barely any discussion going on about the Wispr here at FC. I also don't quite understand why there is almost no information about Wispr2 on the internet beside one youtube review...

JordilaForge,

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
I got a replacement for my blue one. A brand new in box unit vs last time with my green one (just a wispr in a small bubble wrap piece with a new filling chamber).

Three days ago, the green one (replaced once prior) has now stopped allowing butane to pass into the ignition chamber. When you press the button down to allow gas to flow, there is a smallest of noise and no amount of button "clicks" will fire off to ignite.

I have been through three wispr's now out of two purchases. Kinda sucks, but a two year warranty is certainly being worked over well for myself.

Viprdude,

max

Out to lunch
jordilaforge said:
It's strange to see barely any discussion going on about the Wispr here at FC.
FC members seem to prefer battery operated portables, and the company has yet to overcome the perception (reality?) that their iolite/wispr design has realiability issues.

I also don't quite understand why there is almost no information about Wispr2 on the internet beside one youtube review...
It's just an upgrade of the original. There's only so much you can do with this design.

max,

JordilaForge

I just received my the Wispr2. Ordered a brown one but had a black one in the mail. It doesn't matter that much to me, bc I couldn't really decide which colour to choose anyway.
When vaping the bowl I was really impressed by the nice taste and amount of vapor. It was better than with the Pax, where the first tasteful draws quickly change to a burnt flavor. The mouthpiece gets a lil hot, but also cools down quickly. I hope they made changes to the internal system of the Wispr2 so that it works the way it does now for a long time.

Viprdude

WISPR since 12/10/2011
Thanks for the update, @JordilaForge.

Could you tell us about the on/off switch and noise/s that the WISPR 2 differentiates from the WISPR 1 please?

Viprdude,

JordilaForge

I can't really compare bc I never had the first generation. Overall it looks and sounds exactly like the Wispr 1 from what I've seen on youtube. Just tested the heating time - after 47 seconds it was ready to go.

JordilaForge,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

vitaliy

There was a problem with operation of the device WISPR. There is no gas ignition. The spark is available, gas arrives, but the indicator doesn't light up. The device new, filling with pure gas with butane without impurity of the Russian production was made once. I addressed on a site of the producer
Code:
www.iolite.com
with a request for the help. The producer refused a guarantee and any advice didn't give to eliminate damage. I decided to sort and repair the device itself. At me it turned out! Now itself lights from the first. I can repair the WISPR device all wishing free of charge. I live in Russia.
i-75.jpg
i-74.jpg
i-73.jpg
photo
i-72.jpg

Vapodudule

No editing possible, sry mods.

had it yesterday i am very impressed by that little square. design, efficient and very classy. i imagine very outoodr and public friendly execpt... the sound of torchy flame that come automatically ....so sweet

i did a whole draw burn after classical sanitizing, first session was with coarse grind and it did well. i burnt all tank of fuel during operation.

second session with slow draw and FG grind= damn damn cloud.

My first conclusion, gorgeous.

Vapodudule,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I exchanged my faulty iolite for a Wispr2 for an extra 80 Euros (100 Aussie dollars) post free. Arrived 3 days ago and works a treat but, you wouldn't believe it; it's far noisier than the iolite!

Q: Is pot an aphrodisiac? A: It depends on who you're with when you're high.

Vapodudule

Among various (many many) settings presented to a total vape-newbie, this device made his choice.

After several (many) uses and fuel tanks emptied, WIPSR2 is a top device for what it is designed. good conduction and butane working device.

I keep the first word: gorgeous. hurray to ireland.

Vapodudule,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The wispr is an awesome vape for anyone. Good size bowl, easy to keep clean, portable, no charging required. Colibri makes mini cans of butane (about the size of a roll of nickles). Prfect for on the go if anyones interested. Of course always keep a big can handy

Mynameismud,

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Does anybody know about coupon code that is working now? It looks so good with a 20% off...

overvaped,

Big Thier

The WISPR is a very efficient vape, I found to even outperform some non-portable vapes. Sadly, I think it has been influenced by the planned obsolescence principle. As a daily user, I have used on average 2 or 3 WISPR's a year before they broke down. Also, ironically, the "whisper" has got to be the most noisy vape I've ever used. It's still very practical and efficient, with a nice design.

Big Thier,

Primasilva

Professional Procras... I'll finish this later ;-)
How much butane does yours go through? I have to refill mine about every other session, but I thought their site said it could last 4-5!

Primasilva,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
How much butane does yours go through? I have to refill mine about every other session, but I thought their site said it could last 4-5!
Unless your sessions last 40+ minutes you might have a leak. Sometimes you can hear it leaking, other times not so much. i would fill it up at night and ifyou come back in the morning and its noticeably lower its probably a leak.

Either way, a full fill should last you close to 2 hrs of continuous use, so i would contact iolite and get the warranty process started

Mynameismud,

Primasilva

Professional Procras... I'll finish this later ;-)
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of! Unfortunately, I went through a vendor who has their own warranty service, and they're being super slooow. I might just try to go through Iolite, anyway.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of! Unfortunately, I went through a vendor who has their own warranty service, and they're being super slooow. I might just try to go through Iolite, anyway.
Iolite isnt much better unless you mean slow as in waiting for the vendor to respond.

I never had luck getting an initial response from iolite via email. But if you call them, especially at this time of day you should get some one and start the repair process. As long as you have a receipt from the vendor you should be fine. From the time you mail your broken one expect about a 3 week wait to get a new one back. Its a real bummer but at least youll get a new unit out of it. I dont think they repair them, unless somethings changed but i always got new units

Mynameismud,

salamanderfish

My first vaping experience was with my brother's Iolite. It was also my first vape and I also bought the Whispir. All of those units have since broke for no apparent reason. One of them was sent back and replaced and the replacement broke.

They're just not reliable enough for me. :wave:

salamanderfish,

ChuckTyler

Recently bought the original wispr from a buddy and I had to have the wispr2. I ordered it yesterday from eBay. I haven't been able to find any information or discussion about the wispr2 besides on this thread. I'm excited to start browsing these forums too.

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi,
just a little thing I noticed:
- at the manufacturer site the wisp2 is priced at $200, but if you change the currency, its 189 euro. This is about $250 at current rate...*

I am from europe, so I felt a bit ...well, you can imagine. Anyway I switched it back to $, and proceed to buy one.
I was able to go ahead with the purchase even after entering my country. I arrived to the point where i had to put in my credit card data, so I think it is safe to say that I could have bought it at that price.

So...if you are from europe and want to buy one, don't change the currency!!

*: I was told some posts before thar there are cheaper options than the official site at ebay. Anyway, I'd rather buy it directly from them, just because I feel more confortable in case I had problems with the unit.

overvaped,
Top Bottom