The WISPR vaporizer

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sooo happy they have pulled this from production, I am now on my 7th replacement from the original one i bought last august... Bought a spare in february to have since I kept having to send it back and that one just failed as well. I have been hoping to replace it all together with the mivape but i doubt that will ever happen

Mynameismud,

Raf007

Retailer
just sell it and get a solo, a mflb or a TV :)

I was forced to try that vape last month, cost me some herb that I really regreted to have vape with the whisper.
Apart the Led and the shape it works like the Iolite, bad taste, hot vapor, hissing sound and you look like a kid playing with a cube.

Plus I really don't like how they pretend it's not designed in the USA, how they invest so much marketing money for such a product that can kill the will to switch to vaping for someone new to it.

The only thing I like is that indeed they stand behind their product and have a really good customer service.

Oh and to be honest, the only people I could see using this vape are "old" folks suffring from strong arthrosis or parkinson, that really need medication with an easy and solid device but don't want to get into the hassle of discovring this new world of vaping.
But I am pretty sure that the Da Vinci would be better now...eventhow I haven't try it so it's only a guess and there is a risk that the Da Vinci bowl design degrades the flavor faster than others vapes.

Raf007,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I was forced to try that vape last month, cost me some herb that I really regreted to have vape with the whisper.
Apart the Led and the shape it works like the Iolite, bad taste, hot vapor, hissing sound and you look like a kid playing with a cube.

I would sell it but i dont think any of the options you mentioned are viable replacements. I know everyone loves the mflb but i would never waste my money on that cheap wooden box with external stems and to have to carry around batteries. This is also the problem i have with the TV, because i dont feel like carrying around 4 D batteries that only last 20 minutes each. While i
Ike the idea if the solo, the external stems are also a draw back that i do not feel is worth my money. Finally, i would never even think about the da vinci especially after the picture of it taken apart that someone posted...

I also do not agree with your view of the wispr...while i have had a horible experience with it, the firt couple hits taste just as good as most of the vaporizers ive tried and the end of it is like most vapes as well...and I use it walkng around the city all the time and no one has any clue what it is...

Hopefully the redisng fixes the problems because i really do like the wispr

Mynameismud,

Raf007

Retailer
Ok. Always good to share cause ime the taste disappear faster on that vapes than other due to the conduction plus convection and high temp.
About the MFLB, u don't need the external stem, just kiss the box. Again, ime it's stealthier than the Wisper. The day I received the Mflb my I inhale started to collect dust.

Raf007,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah, i agree the taste on the wispr only stays good for the first couple hits and does disappear faster than alot of other vapes... But Ive stuck with it because of its convenience. Even without the stems on the mflb, i dont like the idea of having to carry around batteries that only last about 20 hits with it, especially when one fill of butane with the wispr lasts around 2 hours for me. If the mivape was out i would already have thrown away my wispr. I think the PuffiT might also be a viable option but im going to wait and see some reviews from people other than gotvape creepers.

Mynameismud,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Shit guys mine won't ignite anymore. Sent it back once. Need it really bad atm. Draining the gas now

Ratm22,

Raf007

Retailer
It's true you have to carry batteries with the MFLB, but 4 batts gives you way more bowls than a refill on a Wispr. And I rather carrying 4 batts than a can of butane.

Raf007,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
How long would you say four batteries in the mflb lasts? Because i get a good two straight hours on one fill of butane so i usually dont ever need to carry around a can of butane

Mynameismud,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I dunno about the 4 batteries is more than one wispr fill. You better have some good batteries, probably take forever to charge.

I have been having intermittent ignition problems with the wispr. I think it due to the older vector butane I have been using. After shaking the butane for a while before filling, the issues seemed to have subsided.

Can butane expire?

Ratm22,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender

Plus I really don't like how they pretend it's not designed in the USA, how they invest so much marketing money for such a product that can kill the will to switch to vaping for someone new to it.

The only thing I like is that indeed they stand behind their product and have a really good customer service.

Oh and to be honest, the only people I could see using this vape are "old" folks suffring from strong arthrosis or parkinson, that really need medication with an easy and solid device but don't want to get into the hassle of discovring this new world of vaping.

Well where to start. LED? OLD FOLKS? MFLB?

I'm starting up my wispr to try and forget this post.

Ratm22,

dopefiend

Huge news for any WISPR owners: if you have a faulty WISPR and send it back to IOLITE for repair during the period that they've stopped production of the WISPR to upgrade the internals (ie RIGHT NOW), they will send you a new IOLITE now, and then a new WISPR when the upgraded WISPR is released. You get to keep both! So two for the price of one folks!

dopefiend,

such_a_famine

Dopefiend - Any word on when they will release the upgraded WISPR?
Mine just started having trouble staying ignited after the initial heat cycle and is pissing me off. I hate having to click the piezo everytime it wants to heat up! Only 1 month old...

such_a_famine,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey all. I just recently ordered my first two vapes (coming next week), can't wait, and one is a WISPR and the other is an Arizer Extreme Q. I know with the Arizer I have to let it sit for 30 - 40 mins at high temperature to prime it for first time use.

I tried searching this thread, and I know I read someone asked the question (I read most of this thread), but I can't remember if someone answered. Is there anything you need to do like the Extreme Q to the WISPR when you first get it? Or is it good to go right away?

I hope I made the right choices in Vapes. I had a friend bring by his WISPR and I absolutely love it. However, he did have a problem where he doesn't need to do the second click. He only does one loud click and it turns on. Very weird. LOL. I'm worried about the quality of the unit now after reading threw this thread, but I'm hoping I get a good one. Even though my friend's is somewhat busted, it still works very well.

newVaper420,

max

Out to lunch
newVaper420 said:
Is there anything you need to do like the Extreme Q to the WISPR when you first get it? Or is it good to go right away?
No preheating is necessary, but I'd run any vape up to the high end of my vapor range for a few, just out of general principles. As for the 30-40 min. at high for the E, that's not necessary-way too long. The only ones I'd run for an extended period prior to use would be those with plastic housings, where users have complained about a plastic odor/taste, like the Vapir portables.

And once again, the taste issue with the wispr and/or iolite is ABV, not a bad taste imparted by the vape itself. I've used at least a dozen different units (iolites and wisprs), and both models provide very good herb taste with a fresh bowl. It's just that the spent herb taste kicks in quicker and stronger than with most models.

max,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
No preheating is necessary, but I'd run any vape up to the high end of my vapor range for a few, just out of general principles. As for the 30-40 min. at high for the E, that's not necessary-way too long. The only ones I'd run for an extended period prior to use would be those with plastic housings, where users have complained about a plastic odor/taste, like the Vapir portables.

And once again, the taste issue with the wispr and/or iolite is ABV, not a bad taste imparted by the vape itself. I've used at least a dozen different units (iolites and wisprs), and both models provide very good herb taste with a fresh bowl. It's just that the spent herb taste kicks in quicker and stronger than with most models.

I thought it was recommended that the first time (not everytime) you use the EQ you needed to let it sit for 30 mins before you use it for the first time.

But it seems this is not needed for the WISPR.

newVaper420,

_v_

My friend has a wispr and I have used his a handful of times. The taste was good and it felt good on my throat. However, the butane would not last long (between 30-45 minutes) with a full tank. It would not get ridiculously warm, but after more than 5 minutes you could feel its heat and would have to be more careful holding it. All in all he really likes it, but I do not think I would buy it for the original price of 300 bucks. The sale price on vapeworld (220 or 230) is what it is worth IMO.

_v_,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just a warning to all those out there, I would not buy the wispr for the sale price of 200 dollars on iolites website or whatever sale price they are listing it for on other websites. These are the old outdated models that break all the time and they are on sale so they can get rid of the stock of bad ones and then raise the prices again once they have the upgraded models. Very shady...

Also valhos, sounds like your friend has a faulty unit and may be leaking butane. Mine lasted for about 1 hr 45 minutes before i would need to refill but that was before it broke again and started leaking butane in betwen heating cycles

Mynameismud,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
My WISPR is still working good. I got it for $200 or so, on sale. It works fine.

My only wish is that I waited for the PAX portable, but I needed something then and there, and it didn't need batteries. I love my WISPR. But I need to get that PAX Portable for traveling. The WISPR uses butane and you can't bring Butane on airplanes. Boooo. Didn't even think of that when I ordered.

newVaper420,

Marvc

Yea I got the Wispr too a while back, been hearing about this new pax though. Is it that much better than the Wispr? My Wispr has been working great though no problems except how should I clean the the rubber tube part. I used grunge off and it retains the nasty taste for a few more uses.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to remove the screen on this thing? I'm trying to clean my screen and ring and chamber and I can't seem to get the ring and screen out.i have the tools but they don't seem to fit down the silicon mouth piece.

It doesn't seem like it comes out. I pushed a pipe cleaner threw and it almost broke it. But I don't think it did. I hope I didn't screw anything up. Anyhow, what are the two brass tools used for? I read most of this TBH a bit ago, and know one is a moisture but what does that do? And what are the screens used for if you can't remove the built in screen?

Thanks

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

newVaper420,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Does anyone know how to remove the screen on this thing? I'm trying to clean my screen and ring and chamber and I can't seem to get the ring and screen out.i have the tools but they don't seem to fit down the silicon mouth piece.

It doesn't seem like it comes out. I pushed a pipe cleaner threw and it almost broke it. But I don't think it did. I hope I didn't screw anything up. Anyhow, what are the two brass tools used for? I read most of this TBH a bit ago, and know one is a moisture but what does that do? And what are the screens used for if you can't remove the built in screen?

Thanks

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The bowl piece just pulls off of the silicone tube. Then use the threaded brass tool and screw it in the bottom of the bowl and it will push the screen and retaining ring up and out.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
The bowl piece just pulls off of the silicone tube. Then use the threaded brass tool and screw it in the bottom of the bowl and it will push the screen up and out

Sorry to be dense, but you can separate the silicon piece from the metal piece on the mouthpiece adapter just by pulling? It wasn't coming off, and I didn't want to break it. Just want to confirm.

newVaper420,
Top Bottom