The WISPR vaporizer

Vitolo

Vaporist
veganvapor said:
Vitolo, why is it that you love the iolite so much more? I'm guessing that you have the second revision of that device which actually works.
I have both, the original and second.
I like the shape, function, and the versatility of the stem... I use them short and have an assortment of tips.
I don't personally like the foldaway mouthpiece... or it's soft texture.
I found a funny flavor also, a bit bitter that I could associate with the mouthpiece.
I used 2 Wisprs, and both were the same for me.
I like the size and rounded corners and edges of the Iolite, it feels more natural in my hands and pocket.

Vitolo,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Not familiar with them but I personally order from EZvapes. Good customer service and always quick with shipping(This is just my experience with them). They will also match any price you find at a reputable retailer (Including Amazon and Ebay), sometimes even offering an extra $5 off. Has anyone else had good experiences with EZvapes?

Gonzo,
I went ahead and placed the order with vaporizersfast. They use paypal so worse come to worst I can get my dough back with a bit of hassle.

I also ordered a grinder, some replacement screens, and some 5x butane on amazon...

Jeesh, had to buy a grinder.. I used to have 10 of them, but those were the bong.. I mean waterpipe days.

veganvapor,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Congratulations on the purchase. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Gonzo,
Gonzo said:
Got a Solo last weekend and will post my report in the Solo thread later, but lets just say I sure am glad I have my WISPR. Everyone will have their own preference but for me my WISPR beats the Solo hands down.

Right on Gonzo, I definintely look forward to your review.

I do like alot of things about the Solo which the Iolite/Wispr can't do, like effortlessly mate wtih a 14mm glass stem, the variable temp, and the way the glass stems harvest prime vape goo, and how it doesn't need a full pack to work at its best, like my old Iolite needed. Of course I had to go through 3 Solo's to get a good one and had to throw that one's top in the oven, but... I love it at this point.

charliedontsurf,

jeff

Charlie what do you mean throw its top in the oven?

I just finally got my wispr. Very interesting. I have had roommates with lower end box vapes. I always remember seeing vapor in the tube and on the xhale. In two days with the wispr I have only had one of these so called "milk hits." I even extended the tube a few inches with clear tubing, it was too hot for me. Can't see the vapor in there either. But I have been getting hella vaked. You feel like your getting nothing but you are getting the fucking smack down. It seems to creep more and last longer than when i smoke.

Which I need to remember!

jeff,

max

Out to lunch
veganvapor said:
I went ahead and placed the order with vaporizersfast. They use paypal so worse come to worst I can get my dough back with a bit of hassle.
That's vaporizerforweed.net in disguise-not a company that we recommend. I'm sure you'll get delivery, and it's a good price, but an FC approved dealer like Puffitup would have made for a worry free purchase and saved you a few bucks as well, with FC discount codes.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

jeff said:
Charlie what do you mean throw its top in the oven?
Read the Solo thread please. It's off topic here.

max,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Vitolo said:
veganvapor said:
Vitolo, why is it that you love the iolite so much more? I'm guessing that you have the second revision of that device which actually works.
I have both, the original and second.
I like the shape, function, and the versatility of the stem... I use them short and have an assortment of tips.
I don't personally like the foldaway mouthpiece... or it's soft texture.
I found a funny flavor also, a bit bitter that I could associate with the mouthpiece.
I used 2 Wisprs, and both were the same for me.
I like the size and rounded corners and edges of the Iolite, it feels more natural in my hands and pocket.

I Agree

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

max

Out to lunch
veganvapor said:
After browsing the web I have come to the realization that the $114.00 iolite on amazon is the V1 and not the v2.
There is no version 1 and 2. The changes they made to the original in the bowl and mouthpiece areas took place a couple of years ago, and it's highly unlikely that there are any original versions still around, unsold. In addition, there's no difference in performance. I have one of the first units shipped out of Ireland, back in Oct. of '08, and also one of the newer units, and I can't tell which one I'm using unless I look at the heating pin. The changes they made in the iolite were all in the bowl-mouthpiece, and dealt mainly with reliability and ease of use. Any changes in the heat delivery system would have meant altering the housing, and they never considered doing that.

max,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

max said:
veganvapor said:
After browsing the web I have come to the realization that the $114.00 iolite on amazon is the V1 and not the v2.
There is no version 1 and 2. The changes they made to the original in the bowl and mouthpiece areas took place a couple of years ago, and it's highly unlikely that there are any original versions still around, unsold. In addition, there's no difference in performance. I have one of the first units shipped out of Ireland, back in Oct. of '08, and also one of the newer units, and I can't tell which one I'm using unless I look at the heating pin. The changes they made in the iolite were all in the bowl-mouthpiece, and dealt mainly with reliability and ease of use. Any changes in the heat delivery system would have meant altering the housing, and they never considered doing that.

My original iolite with removable pin lasted over a year. The new models only lasted between 3 and 6 months. I have replaced around 5 or more iolites. So far i have had replaced 2 Wiprs in 4 months.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I'm going on month 3 of reliable performance with my WISPR. What problems did you have with your 2 units?

Gonzo,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Gonzo said:
I'm going on month 3 of reliable performance with my WISPR. What problems did you have with your 2 units?

The valve broke twice on both units. The gas was just pouring out of the bottom.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks, never had a problem with that but glad to know a problem to look out for. How much trouble did you have sending the units back and getting a replacement?

Gonzo,

max

Out to lunch
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
My original iolite with removable pin lasted over a year. The new models only lasted between 3 and 6 months. I have replaced around 5 or more iolites. So far i have had replaced 2 Wiprs in 4 months.
You either have very bad luck, are too hard on a vape, or are a good example of why this isn't a good brand for heavy duty use. I've had no problems with my original 3 yr. old iolite or a later, beta unit, and the wispr's been working fine for months. With as much trouble as you've had, I would have given up on this brand by now.

max,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Gonzo said:
Thanks, never had a problem with that but glad to know a problem to look out for. How much trouble did you have sending the units back and getting a replacement?

No problems at all. I called there Illinois number and told them that the gas was pouring out from the bottom. They were very aware of this problem and blamed it on a faulty valve. Within 2 weeks they sent me a brand new replacement. A month later the second valve broke. I'm still waiting for my second replacement Wispr. I don't know if it matters but i have the Espresso brown one. I also have been returning my original iolites to them for about 3 years now. About 5 or more in total. They have always sent me a brand new one with no issues. As long as i had proof of being still under the 2 year warranty.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

max said:
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
You either have very bad luck, are too hard on a vape, or are a good example of why this isn't a good brand for heavy duty use. I've had no problems with my original 3 yr. old iolite or a later, beta unit, and the wispr's been working fine for months. With as much trouble as you've had, I would have given up on this brand by now.

Its definitely bad luck. I have never scratched or dropped my iolites/Wispr's. I also wouldn't think using it only 4 times a day would be considered heavy use. I probably should have given up on them but i love the stealth and lack of batteries. Not saying i don't waste tons of money buying cases of 5 times refined butane. I just think the one less device i have to charge the better.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have the Espresso color as well. Before I got mt UD I was using the WISPR about 8 times a day, every day. Now it's down to about 2. Hope this next replacement works out for you.

Gonzo,

max

Out to lunch
Not saying i don't waste tons of money buying cases of 5 times refined butane.
I bought a case of Vector back in '08, and still have at least 9 cans left (granted, they are 320ml cans), so I think there's a case for saying you're a heavy iolite user, at least in comparison to me. And if you're getting use and enjoyment out of a butane powered vape, I wouldn't say it's money wasted. You'll go through quite a few batteries with a Launch Box too. With a portable, you're gonna pay more for power, one way or another.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
max said:
...With a portable, you're gonna pay more for power, one way or another.
max is so right... and the cost is not just financial....
we pay for portable power by;
extra baggage
varying levels of inconvenience in refilling/recharging
So we weigh out the baggage vs inconvenience.... and figure in enjoyment (taste, speed etc)vs. monetary cost, and we make a choice.
No portable fills every bill perfectly, but we decide based on what is important/valuable to us each.

Vitolo,

jeff

Reading this makes me wish I had brought my WISPR with me to work today.

So here is a curious question for the WISPR/Iolite set. Any of you guys ever seen some sort of butane storage device that is refillable? The butane isn't a pain. But carrying that giant can of vector could kind of be a pain. It would be nice to have a little gizmo that could "recharge" it a few times.

Thanks,

Jeff

jeff,
Top Bottom