Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker

GTAVaper

I had Mike @Oregonglassblower make me a 5" long 18mm m2m gong for my Apollo. :clap:

I did manage to get it back out of the ufo eventually. Lol.

Lungs are still recovering from the crud sickness. It's the best I can do right now..

Quick video. Fully warm, level 6 with 5 seconds of preheat turbo boost.. :tup:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GeywmMSieWcQAAL_b0YvQuZvEn_BU_hSmA/view?usp=drivesdk

Very nice! I am wondering how you seat the other end - is it right up against the heater screen or does it sit inside of the lower herb chamber to get a better seal?

Edit: Ah, now I remember! Now that I see the whole system in place.....that really looks like a killer combination :tup:

Last edited:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Very nice! I am wondering how you seat the other end - is it right up against the heater screen or does it sit inside of the lower herb chamber to get a better seal?
Here is the mod I did. It puts the basket screen about 1/16th from the heater screen and is sealed at the top of glass joint on the piece I stuck on top of the herb chamber seen below.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-venus-apollo.17905/page-25#post-939758
I liked it so much, I tig welded the piece I installed to the top of the herb chamber permanently. I am not used to welding thin stainless. It works good but looks like crap, seen below.. ;)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-venus-apollo.17905/page-27#post-941287

Last edited:

virtualpurple

I had Mike @Oregonglassblower make me a 5" long 18mm m2m gong for my Apollo. :clap:

I did manage to get it back out of the ufo eventually. Lol.

Lungs are still recovering from the crud sickness. It's the best I can do right now..

Quick video. Fully warm, level 6 with 5 seconds of preheat turbo boost.. :tup:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GeywmMSieWcQAAL_b0YvQuZvEn_BU_hSmA/view?usp=drivesdk

I definitely would love to rig a setup just like that! I've never messed with welding or anything for the herb chamber. I have a friend working on a wooden stem that will hold an ELB for the EVO. I'd love to have the bottom lined with a small layer of glass so I could have it pressed directly against the heat source without the herb chamber at all, but I'm not sure how to cut a small section of the glass tubing.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: Joel W.

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
I definitely would love to rig a setup just like that! I've never messed with welding or anything for the herb chamber.

The piece I used, comes in this rose v2 atty for $14 and it works fine without welding really. It's not a super tight seal on the glass, but it's close enough. So many different options with this vape. I like being able to use a basket screen for the most part. This lets me run at lower temps for more stems per charge.

Even a 1/2" craftsman 3/8th drive socket fits perfectly into both the herb chamber and the stock glass tube. Toss in a basket screen and rock on. :rockon:

I can get through a 10 hr day on one set of batteries (5-6 stems).

virtualpurple

The piece I used, comes in this rose v2 atty for $14 and it works fine without welding really. It's not a super tight seal on the glass, but it's close enough. So many different options with this vape. I like being able to use a basket screen for the most part. This lets me run at lower temps for more stems per charge.

Even a 1/2" craftsman 3/8th drive socket fits perfectly into both the herb chamber and the stock glass tube. Toss in a basket screen and rock on. :rockon:

I can get through a 10 hr day on one set of batteries (5-6 stems).

I have been without my Apollo for about a week or so now because my friend is working on creating a stem for me on his lathe, he is also making a wooden stand for the Apollo.

Luckily I have recently received the Milaana and man, has that been occupying my time. Will be interesting to do a side by side comparison when the Apollo returns with (hopefully) a stem that creates denser vapor and allows me to swap the ELBs out on the fly so I can keep the party going!

I should have also asked him to create some sort of cover for the area where the herb chamber is inserted but I'm hoping I may be able to skip the herb chamber entirely, which may alleviate the problem.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
it's been about 10 days and I want to confirm that it is the most powerful portable I've ever tried ... a few shots ... all very strong ... great hitter:bang: (as I said a portable sublimator ... 5 minutes and you're finished :D):rockon::love::razz::razz::razz:

GOOREGON

the waiting is killing me ! sent Villa several emails no response...just would like to know where the line is! cfx is keeping me calm:sherlock::sherlock: i will want to use through water right away..what will i need to do this with the apollo straight out of the box?

GTAVaper

June 15th is the release of the next batch of preorders (info from website) .....but I suppose you would still have to find out if your purchase would fall within this batch of preorders

GTAVaper,

GOOREGON

June 15th is the release of the next batch of preorders (info from website) .....but I suppose you would still have to find out if your purchase would fall within this batch of preorders
the last time i talked to him he saiad the next batch was going out last friday...i guess that didnt happen..reallyl hope my order comes before june.. thinking about a refund but the reviews keep me doing so

GOOREGON,

GTAVaper

the last time i talked to him he saiad the next batch was going out last friday...i guess that didnt happen..reallyl hope my order comes before june.. thinking about a refund but the reviews keep me doing so

Perhaps your Apollo did ship last week and the website notes refers to the following batch?

Hopefully you can find out by making an inquiry through the website.

GTAVaper,

Mixio

TheVaporOne

I've also had some communication problems, then I decided to hold on and now I'm really happy ...:rofl:

GOOREGON

he pmed on here just a few hours ago, it will go out this week! funny thing is right before that someone messaged me and now i have an apollo already on the way will be here thursday...what should i do lol
:shrug:
request a refund or have two apollos

GTAVaper

One for home ...one for the gf's place?

Either that or maybe see when the Helios is coming out and preorder that?

Kind of ironic that after waiting this long to get one you might have potentially 2 of them

GTAVaper,
Reactions: vapen00b
Haven't been following the Apollo very closely, but all this talk of bypassing the ss herb chambers has piqued my interest. I don't much like the swappable ss herb chamber, and the body design that accompanies it, conceptually or in practice (hated the ones my Vapir One used). Sidestepping that (IMO) not very ideal technology makes this vape significantly more appealing to me. Big ups to everyone who has been modding the crap out of their vapes, that's cool.

Fission

So I'm not sure if anyone else has managed to accidentally break their bulb yet, but I'm working on replacing mine, and I was hoping that @villekille2 might be able to provide a set of instructions, or a video demonstrating how to properly replace the bulb. I got the screen off, and am now trying to remove the bulb itself. Do I just pull the bulb out, or do I unscrew the heater chamber, take it out, and then remove the bulb? This is definitely presenting a bit of a challenge right now, and I really don't want to break anything, but I really want to have my apollo back in action.

UPDATE: Managed to get the old bulb out, after I checked my manual again and confirmed that it is indeed safe to just pull out the bulb. I shaped a paperclip into a hook and after 10 minutes or so was able to eventually pry it out. I seem to have loosened a couple screws holding the heating chamber down in the process though, so I need to use my roommates set of little screwdrivers to re-tighten those. I'll update with pictures hopefully in just a little while. Just be warned that pulling the bulb itself out can be a bit of a pain, though definitely doable.

Last edited:

GOOREGON

not a huge fan so far... tried the solo gong and the ss bowl that comes with. the vapor density is reather disappointing considering the vids and info ive read. more experimenting..i hope it gets better?

GOOREGON,
Reactions: ragnorokk

PPN

Volute of Vapor
not a huge fan so far... tried the solo gong and the ss bowl that comes with. the vapor density is reather disappointing considering the vids and info ive read. more experimenting..i hope it gets better?
You make me afraid, I'm still waiting for mine....where do you think the issue is coming from? (too much air, not enough heat,;...)

I got the same experience with the Venus OG, I heard, see and read a lot of positives but when I got it I was disappointed. Although maybe did you get a defective unit? Ville might to take care of your unit (maybe even if it's a second hand unit).

Tell us how things will move for you and your Apollo!

vapognak

how much material did you put in? how long did you wait for preheat?
Maybe: try less material, and longer preheat time (without the chamber).

An other way to force vapor production: find a way to reduce airflow, the hole on the back plate (easy to obstructed) and around the chamber (less easy).

Milkytime

Are you using a water tool?

Milkytime,
Reactions: ragnorokk

GTAVaper

@GOOREGON

With the Solo stem mod it is key to get a seal between the bowl of the Solo stem and the bottom portion of the herb chamber that you seat it in so that it will lock into the bottom stainless steel heater screen.

The Solo bowl will need some silicone around it to properly seal into the bottom piece of the OEM chamber.....which it will nest into.....if the walls of your silicone tubing are not thick enough to fit the silicone wrapped Solo bowl into the bottom of the herb chamber snugly then you can wrap teflon tape on top of the silicone until you get a snug fit.

I just tried this myself earlier today but have not yet tried it out to see how the much more snug fit into the bottom of the herb chamber translates into any added performance - I will either edit this post or post again (if too much time passes before I try it out) as I have to run to the store and get a couple things done before I vape later.

Also the hole at the back of the Apollo should be plugged to decrease air flow. Some large diameter silicone can be slit lengthwise and slapped onto the side to further reduce airflow......but shouldn't really be needed.

When you seat the Apollo tube onto an 18mm male end (at your bubbler) or if your have some sort of male end attached to the other end of the tube to mate with the bubbler then even without the Apollo attached to the tube/Solo stem combination you should be seeing a decent amount of draw resistance already as a result of the smaller Solo stem/bowl diameter and the o-rings that help seal that combination.

A reduced flow rate is critical for achieving large clouds. I would also pack the Solo stem at least halfway or more (depending on solo or group usage) and I wouldn't pack the OEM bowl any less than halfway full with a slight tamp to densify the puck a little and help reduce airflow.

Also, try to let it heat up for about 5 min before throwing the load into the Apollo. Either turn it off and then back on again after the first heat up period - or put it on setting 10 for a few more minutes after the first heatup (or change the default heating time).

Then drop the temp from anywhere between 4-6 and let it stabilize a little (either wait or start using it and the temperature will decline on its own as it is used) there should be plenty of vapour production at this point and as the temp drops to level 4-6 then as the vapour production declines you will have to boost 5-15 before your draw (and continue boosting through your draw).

When the Apollo is producing the best vapour it will be very hot on the back end and the aluminum backing plate should be too hot to touch without burning your fingers - although still not as hot as the OEM herb chamber.

You will definitely get a flavour change as the herb nears combustion. The more water you put it through - the greater the lag is and the more care should be taken to stay on top of the taste change to prevent combustion upstream to the bubbler mouthpiece where what you are tasting might be a couple of seconds away from the vapour production at the heater end.

I hope this helps.....but if not then maybe PM me and we can discuss further what might be the issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom