Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I tryied to do double the load I usually put into the bowl
I use newvape pax spoon with most vapes I use
I added a second spoon ( there is place for a third one )
Same factory settings 35-40 secs warmup, 40% power and lightweight chamber
Got 1 chocking (on the exhale) thick tasty very impressive hit, was unable to keep it down, see a lot of lost vapor all aroound me but it is intense
Had some smaller few ones and when spent it was really impressive how even it is abv with such a load and no stirring
Ps I kept power at 40% and pulsed boost while hitting

Had to really be in need to add a third spoon and fit full the whole chamber but it would be a knock out one :ko:

For anyone spreading the word less is more I (as an ex) would like to say more is more :ko:

Edit:3 for apollo3 I would like a on board charging sustem (plug it with a charger and user swappable like arizer air pr better would be nice)

Last edited:

nitro

I tried a different strategy yesterday, that worked quite well as well.
I used the shielded bowl and put the bowl in the vape before warmup. I guess this way there is a little bit more conduction through the radiating energy, but I got a massive cloud and extracted everything in one huge draw. :ko:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I tried a different strategy yesterday, that worked quite well as well.
I used the shielded bowl and put the bowl in the vape before warmup. I guess this way there is a little bit more conduction through the radiating energy, but I got a massive cloud and extracted everything in one huge draw. :ko:
Most definitly! :nod: I also put the bowl in first then start'er up!:rockon: I bumped it down to 40% on startup and then use the boost button and the ectraction is super even!:brow: It seems the OG Apollo bowl holds about double the amount. I'm gonna slap that in the 2 and see what moon I can hit next!:tup:

villekille2

Manufacturer
Chipped my glass tube while extracting cooling unit (after iso soak)

It does fit tight..
maybe the metal disk on wich o ring stays could be a fraction of mm smaller in order to reduce friction

Yes you are correct it would help. Water and soap also helps when it is stuck and if it is really stuck for some reason then simply unscrew the nut and the cooling unit will be easy to remove . I guess you still have the spare tube

Andreaerdna

Yes, thank you @villekille2

And I still can use it (it is a small chip) as it still makes a seal against the bowl

nice trick about unscrewing the nut, but I think my little dremel will be grinding a little of that disk this week end :) will tell if it is effective

@ShayWhiteGrow I tryied to use some lube but I ended with my own spit as lube will leave a oily trace on glass while pushing it in place

Edit: btw looking close to it, glass tube is very well cutted / polished, mirror like

Edit: i ended up using a diferent configuration for daily use.
Removed cooling unit, used a basket shaped screen and added a nano vong on top of it and jsed water to cool moisterize vapor. Cooling unit used only when stealth (waterfiltration isn't very stealth when guess around)

Edit again :) just find out that it is very easy to take out cooling unit by pushing from the bottom side (it felt stuck again but i Pushed from the bottom and it came out nice and easy

Edit: for test only :whoa:

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

I replaced black o-ring with some hemp fiber hand rolled and fixed in place with some reclaim
Friction is strong enough to avoid cooling unit to move when this is not wished but is so weak you can push it up and down the tube even when it is very dirt with reclaim

Andreaerdna

@ander I felt the same since I first saw it here, now I feel better :)

What I still like the most of this vape is the first huge delicious hit, and the ability to load a lot and get nice even roast without stirring (there is a darker spot near the center but there is much less difference between center and the rest of the load respect to enano or lotus or even SBjr (100% convection)

Andreaerdna

@Techn!d0n for vapor overall quality (taste, thickness, and harshness) Apollo is my favourite, and I can use it dry with cooling unit

iMo Taste wise enano has a little advantage though (being 100%convection) but it feels whispy now (meaning you have to pull much more air (water path 100%for me with enano) to get vapor coming and it is not as dense as first hit with Apollo - edit: loading the same amount)

edit: never weighted anything, maybe 3 times average enano load, 3 NV pax spoon, 2 solo load?

Last edited:

Techn!d0n

Yes I'm a nano owner myself and I have to bump up the temps to get thicker draws. I use nano both water and dry, I like the signature. So the cooling unit really works huh... And the load amount?

Andreaerdna

Yes I'm a nano owner myself and I have to bump up the temps to get thicker draws. I use nano both water and dry, I like the signature. So the cooling unit really works huh... And the load amount?

I do the same, rise temp but taste becomes less interesting then and I get pronounced dark spot (near charring)

I load average the same amount both enano and apollo

Apollo I can get almost everything with one hit, enano I need at least a second one after stirring

I tryied to double the amount with apollo and that was a blast (not good for tolerance but so pleasant)

Techn!d0n

Hmmmm that's interesting. So from what I remember if I loosely pack the nano it's about .07 but a thight pack is at .18

Looking at this info it seems that the power is enough to micro dose effectively. Thank you for the nano comparisons really helps.

Andreaerdna

vSZV8lT_d.jpg

Did a tool to extract chamber (lightweight unshielded, very hot one: my preference)

Used a enameled copper wire (left over from @Pipes VC induction heater project :) )

I shaped the question mark following chamber perimetre and then I closed a little more the arc in order to give a light spring action that holds chamber upside down for cleaning while still hot or back to back pourpose

pjp-222

Hi to all sensitive people out there,:brow: what are your favourite settings with Apollo 2 (level, herb sense, warm up and boost using)?

Since I have used the unit only three times, I am still in the phase of experimenting and can't share any outcome yet.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

35-40 max 45 secs warmup
Level 5-6
depending on humidity/ air temp...

Always finished before 4minutes time out

@45 secs warmup, small load (cover screen 1-2mm tamped) big one hitter

Andreaerdna

Are using boost set to min or max? Herb sense?
Do you experience any combustion (eventually how to avoid it)?

Rarely use boost, very rarely (IIRC is set on standard)
No herb sens

Combusted once: first time I did back to back session and keept warm up time (on an already hot chamber)

my settings are for full fast extraction and get quite brown abv that being said, starting from cold, never combusted

Edit I can go up to level 7 but taste suffers

pjp-222

Combusted once: first time I did back to back session and keept warm up time (on an already hot chamber)
Thanks, that don't come to my mind. I had 2 sessions one immediately after another with the same warm up time... Herbs already loaded in the unit. The second time it looked a bit of cooked to black.

Is there a way you can cut off warm up instantly? Our this had to be done always from settings mode (4x down ✓)?
Our maybe load the herbs in just after the warm up.
Could post pictures of your abv?

The warmup time starts to count from when you first enter the configuration menu
I am wondering what am I doing wrong but I am unable to change warm up time from configuration menu. After entering this mode waiting 20s or so then pressing boost, it is still set to factory default 35s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andreaerdna

Thanks, that don't come to my mind. I had 2 sessions one immediately after another with the same warm up time... Herbs already loaded in the unit. The second time it looked a bit of cooked to black.

Is there a way you can cut off warm up instantly? Our this had to be done always from settings mode (4x down ✓)?
Our maybe load the herbs in just after the warm up.
Could post pictures of your abv?

Cut warmup by pushing boost button

Edit: if warmup does not change when you

Boost
4times swip down
Wait for first buzz (boost setting)
Then boost to stop warm up time

Then pm @villekille2

Last edited:
Top Bottom