Discontinued The Venus Apollo

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Welcome to the Apollo rocket ride everyone! For those who're still on the fence. I'm sure we'll meet someday - either now or during the next batch :D

I can only say great visionary guy, no doubt it's a great vape,too! :peace:
One love.

Last edited:

Fission

It's not 4... Mephisto reported his earlier, you are counting him twice, just fyi

Hope you enjoy the Apollo! Can't wait to see all the feedback for this little guy
Yeah, I actually realized that just after that he reported twice, and didn't edit out that part of my post. Honestly though, after I realized that it wasn't 4, I realized that I have been kind of trying to rationalize to myself switching orders, and that it was one of those "sounds like you've already made your decision" instances. Still definitely excited to get the Zion in the future. I just can't really rationalize two high-end vapes before I graduate in a few months and (hopefully!) get a job. The faster timeframe was a pretty big consideration since I've been just sitting on my FM since I preordered a GH last may, and swapped that for a Zion preorder in July. I'm very excited to get a solid upgrade, and I'm planning on sticking around the Zion thread. It's an exciting time for vapes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, I actually realized that just after that he reported twice, and didn't edit out that part of my post. Honestly though, after I realized that it wasn't 4, I realized that I have been kind of trying to rationalize to myself switching orders, and that it was one of those "sounds like you've already made your decision" instances. Still definitely excited to get the Zion in the future. I just can't really rationalize two high-end vapes before I graduate in a few months and (hopefully!) get a job. The faster timeframe was a pretty big consideration since I've been just sitting on my FM since I preordered a GH last may, and swapped that for a Zion preorder in July. I'm very excited to get a solid upgrade, and I'm planning on sticking around the Zion thread. It's an exciting time for vapes.

Haha yeah I know that feeling, I'd be all over this pre order right now too if I didn't already have to pay for a Heat Island very very soon (plus Zion obviously, and still have two GH, a Milaana, new Mist, Indica i2 & o2 coming soon as well...) but i will own a Venus vape or two eventually.
Great time for vapes is right bud!

friedrich

Little-Known Member
This looks so much nicer than the new Firewood that was recently released.
The Apollo does look amazing! At first I was probably going to buy one right away... but the fast heatup of the new Firewood (and several other upcoming portables) is seriously hard to beat.

Why should I wait 100 seconds when I can have quality vapor in 10??

Apollo certainly seems better suited for group sessions than FW, but can it offer any other advantages for a mostly 'personal vape' kind of user?

Fission

Is there any way to add something to an already completed order? Apparently I wasn't thinking everything through enough when I made my order and I'd like to add an 80mm stem to it. If I make a separate order, it would charge shipping again, so I'd like to avoid doing that, obviously.

Fission,

villekille2

Manufacturer
Is there any way to add something to an already completed order? Apparently I wasn't thinking everything through enough when I made my order and I'd like to add an 80mm stem to it. If I make a separate order, it would charge shipping again, so I'd like to avoid doing that, obviously.

yes, it is still possible to add items to the order. just send email to info (at) venusvaporizer.com and what you would like to add, no need to pay any extra shipping costs.

What I can say about extras:

the longer glass tube 140mm is a nice addition. It takes your mouth just far enough to be able to see nicely inside the vaporizer when taking a hit, and the boost light inside the glass creates nice visuals when the vapor is flowing. And the vapor does get cooler with the longer tube so it can be more comfortable when the larger size is not an issue.

glass tube 80mm is a replacement to the standard tube. I would say this is very difficult to break but of course having a spare part doesn't hurt.

an extra bulb is good to have as a spare part, "2nd generation bulb Apollo and Venus". So far experience has shown that spontaneous bulb failures are extremely rare, but you'll never know or if you just happen to drop it on the floor when it is at full power, then the filament is nearly guaranteed to get broken. To have one extra bulb at home is a very pleasant thing if you ever need it. But luckily, the Apollo also accepts standard halogen bulbs which are widely available, but for the best performance this custom manufactured bulb is preferred. (it has about 300% the glass surface area compared to standard halogen bulbs and is both more powerful and more efficient because of this.)

an extra Herb chamber + cap package is something you might like to have, in case you lose the original or just wish to carry a prefilled chamber with you.

Car charger is a cable with cigarette lighter adapter to charge the batteries using 12V sources.

Fission

Agreed, that video shows some really crazy vapor production. Impressive how it keeps the container milked against the vacuum for that long. If the production models maintain that same level of power, it looks like there will be no way anyone could outdraw this thing.

@villekille2 will there be a manual included to explain the settings of the touch pad? Turning temperature up and down seems pretty simple, but I expect it would be useful to have something in writing that explains how to change the boost settings, how to set up the custom temp and warmup settings. As I write this, I'm looking at the product page, and realizing just how many different adjustable settings there are. Being able to create different temperature profiles and adjust the boost and stealth settings is some serious versatility, and I really like it. Most of what's shown in the video seems very intuitive, too. Now that I think about it, I've actually realized that I haven't seen both sides of the Apollo. The touch pad is only on one side, right? Also, is there a table of what temperatures correspond to the 10 heat settings, or are they more general settings of the power delivered to the bulb, without well-defined resulting temperatures?

Sorry, lots of questions. I feel like I'm coming up with one every couple of minutes. The anticipation and curiosity are killing me. I also noticed that the larger Venus has a really nice array of colors for the glass. I bet that would look awfully good on the Apollo, at some point once you've got the production stream rolling.

@Ratchett what do you think about possibly making a SonG adapter to fit the mouthpiece of the Apollo? I know I would definitely buy one. I'm pretty sure that I could send you one of my tubes if you need, or measurements if that's enough, and I'm guessing that something as simple as a smaller version of http://delta3dstudios.com/mouthpiece-to-18mm-adapter/ would work pretty well. With the amount of power this thing has I can imagine it being perfect for hooking up to water.

Last edited:

villekille2

Manufacturer
Yes there will be instructions, yesterday I started the translation process and got an answer from a print company that they can deliver the manuals this week, so I should have all in time.

And yeah is is next to impossible to outdraw Apollo. The boost takes care of that. The final version is equipped with exact same wattage bulbs and settings as the prototype, I only little bit changed the heating element to create more turbulence and heat transfer, and I think it became more powerful and improved the behaviour also when the herb chamber has only a little amount of material.

The guy who is testing the final Apollo, and has had the prototype since April, told me his first impressions after trying the final model with same warm up settings that "first I thought it was running too hot to begin with, but then I realized that the vapor thickness is just that intense and the temperature was actually perfect of of the box. So I guess the vapor production is at least comparable to the one which delivered vapors in the vacuum cleaner video :)

And you are correct the heat settings are general settings of power delivered to the bulb. Out of the box, the 10 levels of power go from 10% to 100%, with 10% steps. Then the 2 alternative power level mappings are the low one from 10% to 55%. with 5% steps and the high one is from 35% to 80% with 5% steps in between. More than 10 settings would make it really difficult to keep up counting the power level , and on the other hand I wanted it to be able to have unlimited freedom in everything, so that the full range of halogen is available as default. I added two additional power level maps, to halve the steps if it turns out to be necessary for finer control. But I recommend to start using with the default settings, they are fine! :)

The bottom side of the Apollo is smooth oak, nothing there except beautiful wood

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
This unit looses so much for not having proper video sessions that I think it's better like that now otherwise you would end up with tons of orders as it looks like.
The halogen bulb sounds so freaking cool that I just can't wait for March to come so that I can order mine as well.
I think that with GH, Apollo, with the lotus already and maybe a cheaper option like vaporcap or vaponic, I'll be more that fine vaporizer-wise...

Fission

This unit looses so much for not having proper video sessions that I think it's better like that now otherwise you would end up with tons of orders as it looks like.
The halogen bulb sounds so freaking cool that I just can't wait for March to come so that I can order mine as well.
I think that with GH, Apollo, with the lotus already and maybe a cheaper option like vaporcap or vaponic, I'll be more that fine vaporizer-wise...
Agreed that the sales are probably suffering a bit at the moment because there's not so much in the way of videos or direct beta tester accounts. That of course is going to be changing soon, so I won't be surprised if this thing absolutely takes off soon after this first set of units goes out. I'm sure several people will make usage videos, and I'm planning on posting my own impressions. With more information there will almost certainly be more excitement. That sounds like a pretty fine lineup of vapes that you have planned, as well :)

Yes there will be instructions, yesterday I started the translation process and got an answer from a print company that they can deliver the manuals this week, so I should have all in time.

And yeah is is next to impossible to outdraw Apollo. The boost takes care of that. The final version is equipped with exact same wattage bulbs and settings as the prototype, I only little bit changed the heating element to create more turbulence and heat transfer, and I think it became more powerful and improved the behaviour also when the herb chamber has only a little amount of material.

The guy who is testing the final Apollo, and has had the prototype since April, told me his first impressions after trying the final model with same warm up settings that "first I thought it was running too hot to begin with, but then I realized that the vapor thickness is just that intense and the temperature was actually perfect of of the box. So I guess the vapor production is at least comparable to the one which delivered vapors in the vacuum cleaner video :)

Oh wow, imagining that the production unit might be noticeably more powerful is really something. The cloud in that video was impressive enough. I also like the idea of introducing more turbulence. It's smart. I've learned a bit of fluid dynamics in a couple of my astronomy classes, and that stuff can be hard to understand sometimes, but adding in more turbulence is definitely going to make sure the edges and the middle of the load cook more evenly.

As far as beautiful wood goes, I'd like to comment on how much I like the look of the Apollo on the whole. I think it's something about the particular color of the finished oak wood that meshes with the metal and glass to give it a very modern feeling, despite being mostly made of wood. It's quite cool to me because it distinguishes it from the look of other wooden vapes.

I think I've only got one question to ask right now: so right now the plan is march 1st for shipping. Do you plan to ship out the whole first batch in one day, or will they likely be staggered? Either way, it's not too long before I'll have my very own Apollo here with me, and I'm extremely excited.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I'm only getting worried in case the price goes up.. other than that, the fact that the next will be in three weeks time more or less, is more than enough for me to order one.. Then again, I think and I hope at the same time that the price will remain the same at least for the next couple of batches.. right? :p @villekille2

Agreed that the sales are probably suffering a bit at the moment because there's not so much in the way of videos or direct beta tester accounts. That of course is going to be changing soon, so I won't be surprised if this thing absolutely takes off soon after this first set of units goes out. I'm sure several people will make usage videos, and I'm planning on posting my own impressions. With more information there will almost certainly be more excitement. That sounds like a pretty fine lineup of vapes that you have planned, as well :)

Oh wow, imagining that the production unit might be noticeably more powerful is really something. The cloud in that video was impressive enough. I also like the idea of introducing more turbulence. It's smart. I've learned a bit of fluid dynamics in a couple of my astronomy classes, and that stuff can be hard to understand sometimes, but adding in more turbulence is definitely going to make sure the edges and the middle of the load cook more evenly.

As far as beautiful wood goes, I'd like to comment on how much I like the look of the Apollo on the whole. I think it's something about the particular color of the finished oak wood that meshes with the metal and glass to give it a very modern feeling, despite being mostly made of wood. It's quite cool to me because it distinguishes it from the look of other wooden vapes.

I think I've only got one question to ask right now: so right now the plan is march 1st for shipping. Do you plan to ship out the whole first batch in one day, or will they likely be staggered? Either way, it's not too long before I'll have my very own Apollo here with me, and I'm extremely excited.

Fingers crossed I can have this lineup in the next 1-2 months max!! Then I'll be flying over the darkest dungeons pouring them some thick and milky vapors... mouaaahaaahaaahaa

So if I have understood properly, you won't even have to suck your vapor it will be flowing in your throat as long as you're heating this devil up.. Am I right or have I lost it in somewhere along the line?

edit: sorry about the back-2-back posting mods! Plz merge'em :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fission

I'm only getting worried in case the price goes up.. other than that, the fact that the next will be in three weeks time more or less, is more than enough for me to order one.. Then again, I think and I hope at the same time that the price will remain the same at least for the next couple of batches.. right? :p @villekille2
Yeah, being unsure if the price would go up was one factor in my jumping in yesterday, as well as the feeling that I would be kicking myself as soon as the first batch of customers started posting about their units. Leaving the price at the current level for a batch or two more would certainly be great for all of the customers who get the chance to jump in then. If you're really worried about it, it looks like even though the first batch is sold out, you can still preorder to get to the front of the line for the next batch. You could preorder now if you want to lock yourself in at the current price, and if the early reviews are not to your liking, I expect that you could cancel and get your money refunded (although I would guess that you would be responsible for the paypal fee, around 15$ for me). I would confirm with @villekille2 that handling your order like that wouldn't cause him a lot of grief, but it may be a good way to lock yourself in at the current price!

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Yeah, being unsure if the price would go up was one factor in my jumping in yesterday, as well as the feeling that I would be kicking myself as soon as the first batch of customers started posting about their units. Leaving the price at the current level for a batch or two more would certainly be great for all of the customers who get the chance to jump in then. If you're really worried about it, it looks like even though the first batch is sold out, you can still preorder to get to the front of the line for the next batch. You could preorder now if you want to lock yourself in at the current price, and if the early reviews are not to your liking, I expect that you could cancel and get your money refunded (although I would guess that you would be responsible for the paypal fee, around 15$ for me). I would confirm with @villekille2 that handling your order like that wouldn't cause him a lot of grief, but it may be a good way to lock yourself in at the current price!

Once you lock in, there's no go back! :D
Uf uf.. I know what u're saying tho.. I'll be having nightmares fighting over the last piece of the next batch and loosing it in the photo finish.. :p :p
It will be very unfair though in case that only the 1st batch gets out with that price.. Well, I think that they've been preparing and testing it out for all that time and they're aware that economy is not at its best lately :p
Still 280E is a significant amount of monies for a portable vape.. Anyway... let's wait and see..

voodoo_vape,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Agreed, that video shows some really crazy vapor production. Impressive how it keeps the container milked against the vacuum for that long. If the production models maintain that same level of power, it looks like there will be no way anyone could outdraw this thing.

@villekille2 will there be a manual included to explain the settings of the touch pad? Turning temperature up and down seems pretty simple, but I expect it would be useful to have something in writing that explains how to change the boost settings, how to set up the custom temp and warmup settings. As I write this, I'm looking at the product page, and realizing just how many different adjustable settings there are. Being able to create different temperature profiles and adjust the boost and stealth settings is some serious versatility, and I really like it. Most of what's shown in the video seems very intuitive, too. Now that I think about it, I've actually realized that I haven't seen both sides of the Apollo. The touch pad is only on one side, right? Also, is there a table of what temperatures correspond to the 10 heat settings, or are they more general settings of the power delivered to the bulb, without well-defined resulting temperatures?

Sorry, lots of questions. I feel like I'm coming up with one every couple of minutes. The anticipation and curiosity are killing me. I also noticed that the larger Venus has a really nice array of colors for the glass. I bet that would look awfully good on the Apollo, at some point once you've got the production stream rolling.

@Ratchett what do you think about possibly making a SonG adapter to fit the mouthpiece of the Apollo? I know I would definitely buy one. I'm pretty sure that I could send you one of my tubes if you need, or measurements if that's enough, and I'm guessing that something as simple as a smaller version of http://delta3dstudios.com/mouthpiece-to-18mm-adapter/ would work pretty well. With the amount of power this thing has I can imagine it being perfect for hooking up to water.

This one fits the ascent and I use it with a globe top for a coil atomizer pretty well.

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
This one fits the ascent and I use it with a globe top for a coil atomizer pretty well.

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/
Can you send me a picture of that?? I'd love to see that setup.

Amazing how many different ways my adapters are used. Casting silicone adapters is a huge PITA, but the feedback from my customers makes my work so rewarding :lol:

Not jumping on the first batch, but I'm keeping a close eye on this vaporizer to see what the early adopters say. @villekille2 - I'm still a bit curious about the durability of your halogen bulb.

How durable is the bulb in this vaporizer? Obviously dropping the vaporizer while running/hot won't be wise, but how strong is the bulb when cold?

Better put - should I be looking for a padded container to hold this vaporizer while not in use to ensure the safety of the glass/halogen bulb?

villekille2

Manufacturer
Yes the first batch sold out really quickly! I think I will need to make more Apollos quickly, my original plan was to make the second batch by the end of March but now I think decided to get it ready for shipping by March 15th.

Can you send me a picture of that?? I'd love to see that setup.

Amazing how many different ways my adapters are used. Casting silicone adapters is a huge PITA, but the feedback from my customers makes my work so rewarding :lol:

Not jumping on the first batch, but I'm keeping a close eye on this vaporizer to see what the early adopters say. @villekille2 - I'm still a bit curious about the durability of your halogen bulb.

How durable is the bulb in this vaporizer? Obviously dropping the vaporizer while running/hot won't be wise, but how strong is the bulb when cold?

Better put - should I be looking for a padded container to hold this vaporizer while not in use to ensure the safety of the glass/halogen bulb?

Well, this same custom manufactured bulb we have used in the Venus Vaporizer since November 2014, and it has turned out to be very durable. I think I can count the the orders of these bulbs with the fingers of one hand, obviously there would be more orders if my customers would have bulb problems. when it is cold it does not break really, and even when it is hot, it doesn't break easily. These low voltage bulbs have thick filament that is durable and to be honest, I have never had a filament break because of an impact of any kind. And since they are rated for thousands of hours, and most of the time run at lower than the rated power, I think the bulb life is not an issue. Apollo does not need a padded container, it's designed to be very robust and if you had it in your hands you would understand this as it is "built like a tank" :) Probably the only weakness physically is the glass tube coming out on the top, but the short tube comes out just some 8mm and the glass is thick, which means that you would probably need a hammer and a real wish to break it to have some damage there.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Exciting news!!! Second batch just got even closer!! :rockon:
What you're describing just makes you feel certain that your product will be lasting sometime for sure!

I think that you should also consider transforming the mouthpiece somehow that can fit to an 18mm bong or so. It's like having a 3L SUV and only taking it for a ride in the city.. We need some off road and mud ma man!! :rockon: :haw:

Top Bottom