Discontinued The Venus Apollo

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
villekille does say that he'll be shipping mid March rather than end of it, no need putting it right after it.. in any case though, excitement is in the air!!! :peace: :science:

Fission

So is the plan to ship all vaporizers in a given batch at the same time, or should we expect the shipping to be staggered? Hoping it's all at once. That would mean I get my hands on my unit a tiny bit more quickly. That said, don't feel like you have to rush to ship if it would compromise quality control. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say that I'd rather have a vape that works perfectly a couple days later than a vape that needs to get sent back for repairs.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
yes, it is still possible to add items to the order. just send email to info (at) venusvaporizer.com and what you would like to add, no need to pay any extra shipping costs.

What I can say about extras:

the longer glass tube 140mm is a nice addition. It takes your mouth just far enough to be able to see nicely inside the vaporizer when taking a hit, and the boost light inside the glass creates nice visuals when the vapor is flowing. And the vapor does get cooler with the longer tube so it can be more comfortable when the larger size is not an issue.

glass tube 80mm is a replacement to the standard tube. I would say this is very difficult to break but of course having a spare part doesn't hurt.

an extra bulb is good to have as a spare part, "2nd generation bulb Apollo and Venus". So far experience has shown that spontaneous bulb failures are extremely rare, but you'll never know or if you just happen to drop it on the floor when it is at full power, then the filament is nearly guaranteed to get broken. To have one extra bulb at home is a very pleasant thing if you ever need it. But luckily, the Apollo also accepts standard halogen bulbs which are widely available, but for the best performance this custom manufactured bulb is preferred. (it has about 300% the glass surface area compared to standard halogen bulbs and is both more powerful and more efficient because of this.)

an extra Herb chamber + cap package is something you might like to have, in case you lose the original or just wish to carry a prefilled chamber with you.

Car charger is a cable with cigarette lighter adapter to charge the batteries using 12V sources.
Thank you, this is what I wanted to hear. Now I wait for the feedback from some other customers, and I'll be ready to place my order :)

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
Wow—I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one! It's like a portable Herbie...

IMG-1235.jpg

villekille2

Manufacturer
So is the plan to ship all vaporizers in a given batch at the same time, or should we expect the shipping to be staggered? Hoping it's all at once. That would mean I get my hands on my unit a tiny bit more quickly. That said, don't feel like you have to rush to ship if it would compromise quality control. I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say that I'd rather have a vape that works perfectly a couple days later than a vape that needs to get sent back for repairs.

Shippings are planned to start on tuesday first of March. Surely all of them won't be ready to be shipped on the first day. As you said it is better not to rush on these, so I think it will be staggered over the week. I want to test each unit very well before shipping.

About shipping, I explained the prospects of Apollo to the Finland post company and got a new deal with shipping price outside Europe discounted by 6 euros to 24 (was 29.90). European shipping stays at 14.90.

By the way if someone wants to try a higher wattage bulb, here I found one that should fit the Apollo:

http://www.dx.com/p/universal-g4-30...amp-transparent-silver-6v-372447#.Vs4oG0j5My8

I would expect this to cut the warm up time some 35-40%. How it affects the overall performance, that is something to find out. It doesn't have the improved design of our 2nd generation bulbs but higher wattage = more heat. Battery efficiency will be worse, since higher current will be needed and this stresses the batteries more, and also because the 2nd generation bulb design improved efficiency of heat transfer and this is just a standard bulb.

I'm sorry I have not been that active here now, so much to do.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I can't wait for these to go full production! I need a portable convection vape. It's between this, the FF2 and the Zion right now. Just patiently waiting for everything to be ironed out so I can make my final choice :myday: This one is obviously unique though! How long do bulbs last? Not that it matters, they appear to be cheap!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Can you send me a picture of that?? I'd love to see that setup.

Amazing how many different ways my adapters are used. Casting silicone adapters is a huge PITA, but the feedback from my customers makes my work so rewarding :lol:

Not jumping on the first batch, but I'm keeping a close eye on this vaporizer to see what the early adopters say. @villekille2 - I'm still a bit curious about the durability of your halogen bulb.

How durable is the bulb in this vaporizer? Obviously dropping the vaporizer while running/hot won't be wise, but how strong is the bulb when cold?

Better put - should I be looking for a padded container to hold this vaporizer while not in use to ensure the safety of the glass/halogen bulb?
Ignore the fact that all the glass needs to be cleaned. It's a little awkward to use like this, but the song with this setup let's me use tons of portable whatevers with tons of different glass. So far the song fits all my w9 globe glass and I think I could probably use it with their herc too if I wanted.

24fgwhi.jpg

2aeruc4.jpg

Fission

Yes, testing each unit thoroughly before shipping is definitely the right decision. I'll be happy to know that you put my Apollo through its paces before sending it off to me. Will there be tracking numbers/emails notifying us of our unit shipping?

Also, completely understandable that you haven't been as active in the last day or so. We know you're spending a lot of time making sure everything goes smoothly for the release. It is definitely appreciated that you're taking a bit of time out to respond to questions though. So far I definitely feel like you're keeping us in the loop pretty well, so keep it up!

Vapzilla

Absolutely appreciate all the info and your presence here on the forum @villekille2 .
I'm so close to pre ordering one but still have some concerns as I'm on the other side of the pond. Returning for any repairs is my main concern with shipping cost and shipping a used vape internationally.
I've read that a prototype has been being tested since last April and that one person is using a final production unit.

Have there been any other beta, prototype or final production units being tested by anyone else?

And last but not least, really need to see some actual pictures and or videos!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Absolutely appreciate all the info and your presence here on the forum @villekille2 .
I'm so close to pre ordering one but still have some concerns as I'm on the other side of the pond. Returning for any repairs is my main concern with shipping cost and shipping a used vape internationally.
I've read that a prototype has been being tested since last April and that one person is using a final production unit.

Have there been any other beta, prototype or final production units being tested by anyone else?

And last but not least, really need to see some actual pictures and or videos!
Check out this whole thread. There's some pics and videos - no recent ones, but it should give you a good impression! :)

It won't take too long and you'll be blasted with 'em, I'm sure! :D

vapen00b,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I just tried to order a unit.. The total amount if you want to pay with a card is 308E.. which I don't have at the moment on the edge.. Bliiiime me.. I'll definitely wait for the 1st reviews so that I have the money as well and to have a slightly better idea.. @villekille2 You have probably mentioned it before about the card payment, I did not notice it but it is so annoying that I was waiting for another price and I end up seeing something different.. Oh well.. patience is a great skill!! :D

E0x

Ignore the fact that all the glass needs to be cleaned. It's a little awkward to use like this, but the song with this setup let's me use tons of portable whatevers with tons of different glass. So far the song fits all my w9 globe glass and I think I could probably use it with their herc too if I wanted.

what is that black rubber (silicone?) tip ?

villekille2

Manufacturer
I just tried to order a unit.. The total amount if you want to pay with a card is 308E.. which I don't have at the moment on the edge.. Bliiiime me.. I'll definitely wait for the 1st reviews so that I have the money as well and to have a slightly better idea.. @villekille2 You have probably mentioned it before about the card payment, I did not notice it but it is so annoying that I was waiting for another price and I end up seeing something different.. Oh well.. patience is a great skill!! :D

Yes I cannot help that paypal takes a hefty $15 fee for this amount of transfers. But if you are located in Europe, you probably have a european bank account and then it should be free and easy to make a bank transfer. and with shipping price of 14.90 it should be 279+14,90 = 293.90

another thing, it is good you said about credit cards. I realized now that as I have a payment provider "checkout finland" to accept national bank payments, I can update my payment plan to accept international credit cards and then it will be without fees. Hopefully tomorrow they can activate this service. And if you have balance on your paypal account, you could just pay directly to our paypal account by sending money to friends or family paypal@venusvaporizer.com and also the bitcoin payment doesn't have any extra fees. I'm trying all the time to make everything work best way for the customer but my main concentration currently is producing Apollos and shipping them out as soon as possible for you guys! :))

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Last edited:
Joel W.,
Reactions: VegNVape

villekille2

Manufacturer
Yeah the stock "2nd gen" bulb is 20W. But it is enough to get the vape to really high temps, I know some of my customers really enjoy it when they can get their material turn to black ash, and this can be done with the halogen power quite easily. Just choose a higher power level and max boost power and you can "smoke with a vape" :)

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Is it easy to understand that your bowl has come to an end or will you get the burnt taste easily since is quite a powerful toy this one..

voodoo_vape,
Top Bottom