Discontinued The Venus Apollo

villekille2

Manufacturer
Things progressing well here, assembly process well on its way, shippings estimated to start on 1st of March. All details seem to be working nicely, and the new unit with final specifications has been in hardcore testing and has worked flawlessly without any obvious bugs.

Haptics really improved the user experience, this feature was very much welcomed by my tester who had used the 10 month old prototype now all this time.

The new partner company manufacturing the wooden parts has been really good choice, their quality seems very nice with finish and the material, and they seem to really appreciate the design and wish to make beautiful parts for us. The only negative side is the price of wooden parts, that doubled from original plans and naturally affect the pricing opportunities of the Apollo, but at least the most important things are there now, quality and production capacity and reliability.

Now I have both, the compact default glass tube of 80mm, and the 140mm one, which according to real life testing is very comfortable to use at home (vapor cooler and visible to the eye nicely), and as the new design makes it very easy to swap the tube in 2 seconds, I would think this is something most people would like to have with the Apollo, both tubes.

I decided after all leave the temp sensor out, since the only advantage it really had was in a situation when the vape is hot already due to a previous session, and someone turns it on again which is a minor thing and the warm up can be stopped anyway manually when it's ready in these situations, and the visibility of vapor formation helps in this. And as this original way of control has worked so well, and is very robust without any surprises, I want to start like this. So this is the only thing where I had to come a little bit back from my original plans.

The laser engravings on the Apollo are placed on top of the wood where touch panel is, to show the places of buttons and the Apollo logo. And also I like it very much, as it looks quite classy on the stainless steel heat shield which is visible after the removal of herb chamber, there is the Apollo logo with small made in Finland text and the serial number will be added there too in extremely small sized numbers.

apollo_birch.jpg

it's barely visible in this photo but those lines showing the button places are actually shaped like little "vapor clouds"

sorry for the lack of images of the final product, due to the tight timetable, I didn't get photos yet and the unit I had went already to this tester I wrote about, he is already writing and filming article and video to be published in a local herbal club website here next week! All I can show here are some computer renderings without all the details:
frontal1.JPG
puvaut.JPG
sideview2.JPG

But to sum it all up, we are almost ready to ship out, assembly of the first batch is on its way already, and everything seems to work very nicely.

Also now I have added paypal standard payments option to my webshop, so that ordering is possible with paypal and also it can be used to pay with a credit card, this should make it easier to order outside of Finland.

Also I have got a good deal with the German courier company DHL, so that once the units are ready, any packages sent within EU will be delivered in 24 hours from door to door with a very reasonable shipping price (actually lower than regular mail parcels here!). Naturally I will ship outside EU too, but it takes probably a couple of days to get delivered. I still need to figure out how to make my website to exclude the 24% of VAT from orders outside EU. If anyone has experence on how to do this on OpenCart platform, please help. The price of Apollo package within EU is 279 eur, which would make it $249 to the rest of the world.

So here is a little update of the situation, I'll now continue working!

Mr. Me2

I just went to your website, and could not find how to change/translate to English. Is this possible and I'm missing it? Thx for your help!

And btw, things look great!!!

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

NickDlow

Log Hog
Things progressing well here, assembly process well on its way, shippings estimated to start on 1st of March. All details seem to be working nicely, and the new unit with final specifications has been in hardcore testing and has worked flawlessly without any obvious bugs.

Haptics really improved the user experience, this feature was very much welcomed by my tester who had used the 10 month old prototype now all this time.

The new partner company manufacturing the wooden parts has been really good choice, their quality seems very nice with finish and the material, and they seem to really appreciate the design and wish to make beautiful parts for us. The only negative side is the price of wooden parts, that doubled from original plans and naturally affect the pricing opportunities of the Apollo, but at least the most important things are there now, quality and production capacity and reliability.

Now I have both, the compact default glass tube of 80mm, and the 140mm one, which according to real life testing is very comfortable to use at home (vapor cooler and visible to the eye nicely), and as the new design makes it very easy to swap the tube in 2 seconds, I would think this is something most people would like to have with the Apollo, both tubes.

I decided after all leave the temp sensor out, since the only advantage it really had was in a situation when the vape is hot already due to a previous session, and someone turns it on again which is a minor thing and the warm up can be stopped anyway manually when it's ready in these situations, and the visibility of vapor formation helps in this. And as this original way of control has worked so well, and is very robust without any surprises, I want to start like this. So this is the only thing where I had to come a little bit back from my original plans.

The laser engravings on the Apollo are placed on top of the wood where touch panel is, to show the places of buttons and the Apollo logo. And also I like it very much, as it looks quite classy on the stainless steel heat shield which is visible after the removal of herb chamber, there is the Apollo logo with small made in Finland text and the serial number will be added there too in extremely small sized numbers.

apollo_birch.jpg

it's barely visible in this photo but those lines showing the button places are actually shaped like little "vapor clouds"

sorry for the lack of images of the final product, due to the tight timetable, I didn't get photos yet and the unit I had went already to this tester I wrote about, he is already writing and filming article and video to be published in a local herbal club website here next week! All I can show here are some computer renderings without all the details:
frontal1.JPG
puvaut.JPG
sideview2.JPG

But to sum it all up, we are almost ready to ship out, assembly of the first batch is on its way already, and everything seems to work very nicely.

Also now I have added paypal standard payments option to my webshop, so that ordering is possible with paypal and also it can be used to pay with a credit card, this should make it easier to order outside of Finland.

Also I have got a good deal with the German courier company DHL, so that once the units are ready, any packages sent within EU will be delivered in 24 hours from door to door with a very reasonable shipping price (actually lower than regular mail parcels here!). Naturally I will ship outside EU too, but it takes probably a couple of days to get delivered. I still need to figure out how to make my website to exclude the 24% of VAT from orders outside EU. If anyone has experence on how to do this on OpenCart platform, please help. The price of Apollo package within EU is 279 eur, which would make it $249 to the rest of the world.

So here is a little update of the situation, I'll now continue working!

Be careful with PayPal!! They're not vaporizer friendly!!! List the products as aroma therapy or something along those lines. I've heard of many accounts and funds being put on hold without notice.

Great new too! I can't wait to try one.

Ouch, $310 usd

villekille2

Manufacturer
you're welcome! I will see what can I do to languages
Be careful with PayPal!! They're not vaporizer friendly!!! List the products as aroma therapy or something along those lines. I've heard of many accounts and funds being put on hold without notice.

Great new too! I can't wait to try one.

Ouch, $310 usd

Ok, I hope they won't close mine! Haven't heard of that happening here.

NOW if you either make an account on the site with foreign address, or go to checkout page and enter "estimate tax and shipping cost", it will show the correct price of $250.

Last edited:

Detonator

Look awesome, But I'm still giving it the nickname Tongue Depressor... lol It looks so classy ,,, it will Wow them down at Starbucks when I pull it out to vape with the cool people!!!

Mod note: Edited to remove portion that breaks forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detonator,

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
No it didnt. It charged me $310 and I live in the US.

Edit: I see that it's $250 with a $60 VAT charge

Last edited:
smutman,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Very excited to see user feedback on this vape! This looks so much nicer than the new Firewood that was recently released.

Actually it's not Paypal who isn't vape friendly - they want our business like every other company. The problem is the country which the business resides.

For USA based companies, tobacco and vaporizer sales aren't permitted through paypal (due to Visa's rules within the USA). The rules are different for international companies. I know Paypal would permit me to use their system on my store if I was based in the UK, but not sure about the rest of Europe.

Mr. Me2

Very excited to see user feedback on this vape! This looks so much nicer than the new Firewood that was recently released.

Actually it's not Paypal who isn't vape friendly - they want our business like every other company. The problem is the country which the business resides.

For USA based companies, tobacco and vaporizer sales aren't permitted through paypal (due to Visa's rules within the USA). The rules are different for international companies. I know Paypal would permit me to use their system on my store if I was based in the UK, but not sure about the rest of Europe.
Hey @Ratchett - if your leather guy is up to it, you may want to pm with @villekille2 about a case that can hold the Apollo, stems, batteries, and maybe an extra cartridge....

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
First of all, well done @villekille2 !! I just finished reading 12 pages of awesome posting and a very fine product!!
Still tho, I don't get it, how could it cost less for U.S shipment and more for EU? Or am I missing something?

Mr. Me2

First of all, well done @villekille2 !! I just finished reading 12 pages of awesome posting and a very fine product!!
Still tho, I don't get it, how could it cost less for U.S shipment and more for EU? Or am I missing something?
I think shipping to US avoids high local tax (and maybe currency exchange rate).

Mr. Me2,

villekille2

Manufacturer
No it didnt. It charged me $310 and I live in the US.

Edit: I see that it's $250 with a $60 VAT charge

Yeah, I'll refund it to you, you made order today before I got it sorted out! :)

Thanks voodoo_vape! Since in EU we need to add local VAT to all orders, which in Finland is 24%, it means that if I ship it outside EU the price for the customer is then lower. But on the other hand, depending on the country of import, there might be import tax then, it depends on each country. So from my point of view, I receive the exact same money always, and it would be not correct to ask for the extra price for tax when I don't need to pay it for export orders.

Yes I was suspecting this too, that it is different in USA, here I have not heard of problems with Paypal, they have some different policies in Europe.

I wish we will be able to get some professional photos in the near future. So far it is difficult to get any idea how it is in real. But I can tell you a little story, as I took it first time out to the public a couple of days ago when I was presenting all the new features to my contact. We went to a cafe in the center of city, and let me first tell you that Finnish people are usually not the first ones to talk more than it's absolutely necessary.

Well, I had my hands full so I put the Apollo on my tray with the cup of tea. The cashier man immediately saw it and asked, "what is it?" -a vaporizer. "Well, I don't know what you do with it but it is so beautiful I would like to have one. Wood, polished stainless steel..wow" We went to a distant corner to sit down, but even there one person happened to pass by and stopped "what is that?? it looks very beautiful and interesting. In our family there is an artist who makes hand crafted things, but I have to say this looks beautiful". The funny thing is that none of them knew it was something I had done, but just had to comment. It felt very nice, and I said to my friend that it doesn't seem bad, first time out and immediately such positive comments and we didn't even have the engravings on top then :)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Phenomenal update @villekille2!

I think you made the right call on the sensors used and not used, and the final design does indeed look gorgeous. Not surprised it's getting a lot of attention, even without having seen the real thing, you really outdid yourself here :drool:

And $250 is actually an incredible price in the US, very competitive with other top tier vapes and seems this could even outperform some higher priced ones based on everything we've heard so far... Expected $300 min since it is clearly such a true work of art, well done sir!

I'd love to pre order right now but will have to pay for my exotic HIbrid very soon, and am moving cross country to California in a month, so I will likely have to wait until I can try one... Unless I earned that privilege already with my name suggestion being used?! :brow::p

Good luck dude, shouldn't need much though since this looks like a real winner! (looking forward to hearing about Helios next...;))

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Looks amazing, I can't wait to read some reviews and see some pics/vids. I just got 2 new portables so I'm going to have to wait and hear some stuff to work up my vas. It shouldn't take much, I'm already so geeked out on the idea of vaping with light.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Thanks voodoo_vape! Since in EU we need to add local VAT to all orders, which in Finland is 24%, it means that if I ship it outside EU the price for the customer is then lower. But on the other hand, depending on the country of import, there might be import tax then, it depends on each country. So from my point of view, I receive the exact same money always, and it would be not correct to ask for the extra price for tax when I don't need to pay it for export orders.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering since this sounds very very odd.. So from what you're saying, having a friend in the States sending me Apollo, that he received from you, could be cheaper regarding shipping cost rather than receiving it from you, right?
It doesn't make sense to me the fact that the product will travel double the time and distance and with a change of continent but the US customers can still get it cheaper. It's just not fair! (EU my......) :doh:

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: vaporlee

villekille2

Manufacturer
Don't get me wrong, I'm just wondering since this sounds very very odd.. So from what you're saying, having a friend in the States sending me Apollo, that he received from you, could be cheaper regarding shipping cost rather than receiving it from you, right?
It doesn't make sense to me the fact that the product will travel double the time and distance and with a change of continent but the US customers can still get it cheaper. It's just not fair! (EU my......) :doh:

I don't think so, at least here we need to pay import tax 24% if we receive anything from the states or anywhere outside eu. So I thought it would cause unfair double taxation then and had an intention to make it more fair. But I guess my thinking on this only caused confusion. Never I wish anyone to feel my business is unfair in anyway, my goal has been always the opposite, fair business, open and honest communication and high quality and value for the money.

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I don't think so, at least here we need to pay import tax 24% if we receive anything from the states or anywhere outside eu. So I thought it would cause unfair double taxation then and had an intention to make it more fair. But I guess my thinking on this only caused confusion. Never I wish anyone to feel my business is unfair in anyway, my goal has been always the opposite, fair business, open and honest communication and high quality and value for the money.

With all do respect @villekille2 I never imposed anything about your business being unfair. I was just sharing my thoughts with you guys. And I'm pretty sure the money you're asking for that little monster are reasonable for the quality of the product that you're delivering and all the work that each one has!! Moreover, the support you've shown so far in this thread I'd say is absolutely fantastic. Updates, communication and consistency! :tup:

Finland must be a heavy taxation country, likewise Greece (in which case though we don't event have half your benefits and rights that you guys have from your state, we're just paying like idiots to cover mistakes of the past! :p )

Anyway, I'm really confused and frustrated now. The more I read FC forum the more options are there for me for my next vaporizer. My finances are not in a very good condition, almost end of the month what do you expect, and Apollo is almost €300!! :ninja:
As someone previously stated, the money that we save with the vapour, we're gonna be spending them in vaporizers!! :argh::evil:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Just to clarify, the units on the website (16 at the moment ) are complete and ready for shipping?
Or is this a pre-order situation?

Edit:
@smutman and @Joel W. have you guys ordered units?

Copacetic,
Reactions: Joel W.

villekille2

Manufacturer
The units shown in stock, is the number of units that are left to be ordered from this first batch which I am currently assembling.

To be completely open of the situation, I would have liked to start selling only when I can ship the same day, but the first batch is small and now with the funds I receive I can already order a bigger batch of components, and receive them soon after this first one is done instead of then waiting for parts.

Now I'm preparing all here, I just need some parts to finish them which should arrive next week, so without surprises, ideally during the next weekend I should start to get first packages ready.

Top Bottom