The Vape Pen - reviewed

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
stinkmeaner said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Trixer, thanks for the complements on the review.

It's not the exact same unit, even though, yes it LOOKS like it.

Their web site says the vape-pens are not made in China. I believe they are made here in the USA. I have no reason not to. You don't make something under RoHS restrictions, assemble a team of scientists, spend years in R&D, making something safe to be recommended by MD's - and then go around lying on your product web site, saying it's made in USA when it's not. So, there is no reason to believe the web site is bullshit. I can't prove it, but I have no reason to believe they are lying.
I see nothing on their website stating "not made in China" they simply state "The Vape Pen is assembled and tested in the USA" Which is a very vague statement, which in my eyes translates to "we screw together the pieces which were made in China" Plain and simple this thing looks just like any other E-cig, they use the same batteries, plugs, and even claim to be developing the same USB adapter that they all use.

Many companies claim to have a team of scientist, and judging by the generic lab pictures on their website they might not have even one. If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat......

The molds and general tooling to produce a product like this would be astronomical, that's why most of the worlds electronic gadgets come from China, they can do it cheaper and put out the same product under 50 different brands and the general population of people are none the wiser.

I know you are looking to have a place with this company but come on, you can't come on here and expect to fool the intelligent people of fuckcombustion into thinking this is a revolutionary design, that's why we come these sites and research so that we don't get sucked into buying these knockoff designs.
Frankly I don't know if the parts are made in China or not. What I do know is that the Vape Pen says "Our manufacturing partners have achieved ISO 9001 certification." And that it is RoHS certified. That's all that's important to me. If you wanna buy a Chinese pen that's not RoHS certified, has not achieved 9001 certification and you think it's exactly the same as the Vape Pen, go ahead. I'm not stopping you. It's your risk.

I do object to this statement you made however: " you can't come on here and expect to fool the intelligent people of fuckcombustion into thinking this is a revolutionary design, that's why we come these sites and research so that we don't get sucked into buying these knockoff designs."

That is not my intention whatsoever and I really don't get the hostility here. I think maybe you guys should:
a) TRY the Vape Pen before you bitch about it and put it down; and
b) Relax. No one is trying to con you into anything. I simply reported on a product and company that I believe to be worthy of our support. If you don't, fine. I just don't think it's fair to say they're lying unless you have proof.

Funny. I actually thought people would share my enthusiasm and excitement about a great product that does not use combustion in the use of our favorite herb, and is ISO 9001 Certified and RoHS compliant. Silly me.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Trixer said:
Sorry for the double post but also

Where on earth do I mention anything about glycerin, I already knew not to heat it above 280 this is kind of common knowledge to anyone who does stuff like this on a regular basis.
You didn't mention it, Aero did. So I was responding to that. Just tryng to be helpful by warning someone who I thought MAY not know, and put the info "out there" in case anyone was planning to try glycerin.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Hippie Dickie said:
atomizer ... i take that to mean an ultrasonic mechanism, rather than temperature device, to create the "vapor" -- probably not a vapor at all, but rather a mist -- which would definitely be "low temperature".

i can't imagine getting a true vaporizer (400F operating temperature) in that small a package with enough battery power to last more than one hit -- if that. Cigar size, maybe, but the batteries would still be separate.
Hmmm. I don't really know much about the science of it, Hippie Dickie. All I know is that it works! :ko:

I can share with you some of the info I have on how it works, that I got from the Vape Pen people. Not sure how much of this was given already above, so forgive me if it's repeated. It does relate to your comments:

Quote:
"The Vape Pen vaporizes or "atomizes" the herb at a lower temperature than vaporizers typically do. The formula for the liquid herb is such as to atomize at that lower temperature. The formula of the liquid herb is a proprietary formula which took over a year of research to develop, including the participation of a molecular biologist, a chemist and a PhD physicist.

The Vape Pen Liquid Herb utilizes GC-MS (Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry) testing to assure purity and medicinal content.

The Vape Pen itself is certified RoHS compliant and uses only the highest grade materials. The body itself is surgical stainless steel with a powder coated outer finish. There is no lead, cadmium or any other toxic material anywhere in the atomizer - the batteries remain separate and can be exchanged with the factory after their 800 cycle life to prevent lithium from entering the environment - a discount is offered to users who choose to recycle them in this way Gold contacts are used between the battery and the atomizer to assure good electrical connection between the two parts. Plastic parts are made of HDPE (high density polyethylene) that has been approved for medical use (no toxic dyes, etc).

The heating element is made of an alloy of nickel, chromium and tungsten - designed for this use and chemically inert.

It runs on rechargeable lithium batteries -Lithium Polymer - the latest technology."
Unquote.

You really have to try it to appreciate it. I don't get that excited about products, usually, and I really loved this as soon as I tried it! And the more I learn about the care that has gone into making it safe, the more attractive it is to me. Not sure why some are upset about it. As I see it, people like us should be dancing in the streets about it! Combine technology like this with legal mj and it could change the world!

And yes, I AM assuming the people behind this are not lying on their web site, because I have met some of them and usually I can spot liars and weasels from a mile away. I have NO reason to believe they're lying about anything. Unless someone can prove to me that they are lying; at which time I will happily denounce them, give you all my deepest apology, and campaign against them, myself, not just here but all across the internet. I do promise you that.

MoeOnTheMoon,

stinkmeaner

It seems like RoHS is thrown around quite often, all the term means is it is free of lead, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, mercury, Polybrominated biphenyls, Polybrominated diphenyl ether.

There are plenty of other hazardous elements that are not on that list, in fact you mention the heating element was comprised of nickel, chromium and tungsten, (probablt Nichrome wire); since I am not a scientist I am not going to say they will be toxic in the way, size, and form in which they are used but all three of them have a varying degree of toxicity to them if you do a search.

I will apologize in advance for all of us on here if we are critical of this product but this company will have to accept skeptic people when they put out a product that they claim they developed all new and looks exactly like an existing product nose to tail. But I will say this, you are way to protective of this company and their products for an employee or potential employee. You don't see Storz & Bickel employees jumping down the throats of everyone doubting their Volcano.

I know how people on this site are always concerned with the type of heating element and so forth that they use so I thought this would be a good thread to read that shows the breakdown of an Ecig atomizer, it shows nichrome wire wrapped in a wick like material inwhich the liquid is vaporized from. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/17306-m401-atomizer-disassembled-pics-3.html

stinkmeaner,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Very interesting! That's great if someone figured out a viable method of using cannabis extracts in an ecig. Would love to hear some more usage reports from those with vaporizer and ecig experience. Cali FCers?!

Don't take it personally, MoeOnTheMoon-- most of the people here are just a little jaded when it comes to things like this. Historically it's been very common for vape makers to make grandiose claims about their product while writing off everything else as inferior.

Reading ad copy like "The Vapor Research Directorate, consortium of Silicon Valley scientists and engineers, Utilizing aerospace materials science combined with the latest technology in electronics, biology and physics" tends to set off some alarm bells. As do claims like "We are the first to support natures green medicine, cannabis, in a smokeless, odorless form that is rapidly absorbed." "More efficient than smoking or conventional vaporizing.".

That's cool if they had stainless steel internals designed, would be nice to hear/see more about that and the adjustable 'firmware'. But is there any evidence that standard brass ecig components are unsafe? From the photos on the site it does look identical to a standard black DSE901.

Would also be cool to hear more about the liquid and the tek used. Are the dispensaries making it?

Thanks for the review!

vtac,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Don't get all butthurt Moe he was simply being critical of a website that you presented to us... You realize not everything on the internet is true right??

"But personally, I would be careful about publicly saying someone is lying on their web site about their product. But that's just me.''

^^And What's up with that yo?? This is not vape pen's website this is a forum where people come so they don't get overcharged for Chinese junk and get help making good decisions. This dude's just trying to help everyone out and you're too ignorant to realize the product is fringing on sketch.

I'm sure the thing works great but everyone knows that "assembled in the US" means made in sweatshops and screwed together in the US. A team of scientists could easily be 5 stoners with that really liked school and got a bunch of degrees. Get real dude

bluntfaced,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
You guys are a tough crowd, that's for sure. :/

Bluntfaced, I'll put your reply here at the top because I know how you hate my long posts. ;) I'm guessing a lot of parts in most vapes are made in sweatshops. I think parts of the Vape Pen are bought all over the world and some might be made in sweatshops. You and all of us here probably have tons of stuff in our homes made in sweat shops. Sometimes if you're trying to make affordable products it may be easiest to get them made in the 3rd world. It's a Walmart world. By that I mean that to compete in the market place you almost have to have stuff made in the 3rd world. Sweat shops? Who knows? I am not going to get caught up in that argument.

Are all the heaters of all the vapes here NOT made in sweat shops? At least this one is tested and has made a major attempt to be made without hazardous materials. How many other vapes can say that? A few can but many can not.

vtac, where does the Vape Pen (or I) say that "everything else is inferior"? I know you didn't exactly say they did, but you implied it. As to what they say on their web site, they're promoting their product! What are they going to say? "We have a product just as good as everyone else's?" Come on, it's their chance to sell themselves. Since when are product web sites not supposed to puff up their product?

I have not made any claims in this thread that The Vape Pen is better than anything else. I have said it's incredibly discreet and portable and I love it. That's the simple truth.

I also said it's no competition for the Launch Box or Myrtlezap etc. because everyone is ALWAYS going to want to vape fresh herb. Liquid herb in a pen is just a choice. A nice choice. But the Vapor Genie, Launch Box, etc. al have their places. As I see it and as I said, the Vape Pen should be considered as part of the "arsenal" of non-combustion choices.

I dunno. I just think it's a cool product, well worth the money. To me, that's really about all it boils down to.

I became friendly with the guy from Vape Pen and I happen to believe very strongly that he's a stand up guy trying to introduce a really great product. Maybe it LOOKS like a con to some of you but I happen to know it's not. So it's hard to take people telling you that you're full of shit when you know you're not.

Then you've got people saying shit like I'm trying "to fool the intelligent people of fuckcombustion." I'm not.

The bottom line is this: I'm the only one here who has tried the product and met the people. So I happen to be in the best position to judge it. I'd love to hear more comments from people who have tried it. Sooner or later that will happen. Then you can believe THEM or not. No one is twisting your arm to buy one, and most of you can't use it anyway because you aren't living in California.

Believe what you want. I won't argue "theoretical" questions. I'm not here to argue with people about whether or not what the web site says is true or not. I say it's the truth, you say it's not. Believe what you want. I really don't care that much, now that I've had some time to think about it. I don't really come here to fight with anyone.

Jeez, I thought vaping was supposed to mellow people out! :lol:

MoeOnTheMoon,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Moe... I had written a post too last night but then deleted it after I saw you were taking this quite personally. Honestly - we're playing devil's advocate here and some of us are experienced with the e-cigs...This is an e-cig with some slight modifications - it is still an e-cig of sorts.

I personally was just trying to warn you to maybe do research before jumping in financially as many folks put things on the web...doesn't make them true. Also my e-cig atomizers, etc. come from a certified factory too... MANY of them are certified - IN CHINA!!

The glycerin is a moot point. Glycerin is used in many e-cig liquids as the atomizers only reach about 140-150F range.

I wasn't trying to slam the device or the liquid. I do however think that since you have no e-cig experience you should look into them further before making a decision to sell them or buy inventory. The e-cig forum would be a great reading reference for you.

I still would LOVE to be able to testdrive it... Not in Cali though so...

Lo,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
I'll stick my head in here and say the Joye 510 kicks ass.. I've since stopped using it though, cant quite kick the analogs yet (SOON, i'm cutting down LOL) but idk I have the tendency to overdo it on the ejuice and get mega headahces... with the herb juice I think I would be fine hahaha.

aznfknpride,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Moe...You will find that the LaunchBox thread, and to some degree the PD thread, started out just like this except that it was the manufacturer posting here instead of a company friend. Anyone who brings a new product here is going to see it get mashed in a constructive way. If it sticks, then it was legit. If it doesn't, then we are all safer.

If your friend at the company were on this thread he would probably be able to competently rebuff the criticisms with accurate and convincing facts, just as the Blissville team did. Don't take it personally, it's all just helpful insights from other perspectives. I would appreciate it if (assuming you are serious about the company) you were able to bring some of these concerns to the company and get their responses. If you are right about their integrity, it will be easy to explain away the issues. That's what stonemonkey did with the vhw.

Regardless, thanks for putting in the time to write such a thorough review!

stickstones,

Beezleb

I am sure it works as advertised but my concern is of a different sort. Well not really a concern more of an observation.

First Moe, I should state a bit of why I am here. I have a form of ALS and I am doing well but due to my condition I belong to a group of people for terminally ill people. Since I use cannabis as a medication to help me I have mentioned it and that has ended up me being the sort of vaporizer guy. I have assisted people various states of health and given much advice even traveling to help people set up their vaporizer. I do not sell nor do advocate any particular vaporizer other than which one best suits their needs.

Now to my point. I have dealt with people with varied medical conditions and thus they needed different effects. Essentially meaning that some people find better results from vaporizing at a higher temperature and others like it lower. Due to this I typically advise a temperature variable vaporizer. Now I am far from some vapor scientist or the like. In fact I just consider myself an informed vaporist who consistently finds himself in a position to assist others in the same condition as myself.

My question is how does this vaporizer meet those needs of people. I have early on seen the failure of a non temperature adjustable vaporizers effect upon a cancer patient and I have seen them respond well to vaping at higher temperatures.

My concern with this vape pen is that it is only potentially addressing part of the spectrum that medical users may truly need so I am not convinced this is truly a medical device for medical patients. I look forward to these issues being addressed.

Beezleb,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vtac, where does the Vape Pen (or I) say that "everything else is inferior"? I know you didn't exactly say they did, but you implied it.
That's not what I was implying, but since you asked, here's an example:

Please don't confuse the vape-pen with the e-cigarette.

e-Cigarettes are CHEAPER in every way. There are inexpensive and poorly made e-cigarettes available for half the price of a vape-pen. ... The materials used in constructing these cheap and often disposable units are not high quality. Cheap e-cigarettes may contain aluminum, lead and other toxic materials.

As to what they say on their web site, they're promoting their product! What are they going to say? "We have a product just as good as everyone else's?" Come on, it's their chance to sell themselves. Since when are product web sites not supposed to puff up their product?
That's kind of the point. Anyone can make big claims and like I said, almost every vape maker has done so in the past. At this forum we try to cut through the marketing; we like to see things for ourselves. Like sticks said, it's standard procedure here, check the last paragraph of the rules page.

I can understand why you're standing up for what you feel to be a good product and that's a good sign. Do you have any more thoughts after having used it for a few days now? Thanks for putting up with us cynical bastards. :D

vtac,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I think more or less they have taken an e-cig 901 and reworked the atomizer to use liquid herb instead of nicotine. There are many many happy users of e-cigs so I don't see how the vape-pen is a ripoff really, it is doing the same function but designed to work with herb juice. Once someone figures out how to duplicate the liquid herb at home, this thing will take off.

DeepFried,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
lo said:
Moe... I had written a post too last night but then deleted it after I saw you were taking this quite personally. Honestly - we're playing devil's advocate here and some of us are experienced with the e-cigs...This is an e-cig with some slight modifications - it is still an e-cig of sorts.

I personally was just trying to warn you to maybe do research before jumping in financially as many folks put things on the web...doesn't make them true. Also my e-cig atomizers, etc. come from a certified factory too... MANY of them are certified - IN CHINA!!

The glycerin is a moot point. Glycerin is used in many e-cig liquids as the atomizers only reach about 140-150F range.

I wasn't trying to slam the device or the liquid. I do however think that since you have no e-cig experience you should look into them further before making a decision to sell them or buy inventory. The e-cig forum would be a great reading reference for you.

I still would LOVE to be able to testdrive it... Not in Cali though so...
Thanks for the warning, lo.
It's hard not to take it personally when people say things like "You're just trying to pull the wool over our eyes", etc. That's so not true. If that were the case, would I have admitted in the first post that I am thinking of working for them. (By the way I am leaning towards not just because of legality questions, not because of any accusations made here.)

I understand people's skepticism. What I don't understand is the hostility. You can be skeptical and ask questions and raise points or you can be hostile.

But anyway, thanks. As to the glycerin issue, I don't know. I'm not a scientist. I was told it's best not to use glycerin with e-cigs so I'll take that warning from someone who DOES know a lot more about it than me. But I really don't care about that. It's not in the Vape Pen.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
stickstones said:
Moe...You will find that the LaunchBox thread, and to some degree the PD thread, started out just like this except that it was the manufacturer posting here instead of a company friend. Anyone who brings a new product here is going to see it get mashed in a constructive way. If it sticks, then it was legit. If it doesn't, then we are all safer.

If your friend at the company were on this thread he would probably be able to competently rebuff the criticisms with accurate and convincing facts, just as the Blissville team did. Don't take it personally, it's all just helpful insights from other perspectives. I would appreciate it if (assuming you are serious about the company) you were able to bring some of these concerns to the company and get their responses. If you are right about their integrity, it will be easy to explain away the issues. That's what stonemonkey did with the vhw.

Regardless, thanks for putting in the time to write such a thorough review!
Stickstones, thanks for your encouragement and overview.

I didn't read anyone calling anyone a liar or con artist on those threads, unless you're talking about a different thread than the ones I read. But so be it. I've decided to try and not take it personally. But basically let it be known I will probably not reply to "those kinds" of posts.

I would love to see the Vape Pen get some constructive criticism. I haven't seen any. Am I missing something? It's hard for anyone to be constructive in their criticism if they have not tried the product.

Maybe there is something to be said for their criticism of the Vape Pen web site. My friend at Vape Pen is aware of this thread but I would guess he does not have time nor interest in answering unfounded accusations, calling his company a fraud, etc.. I don't blame him. I wouldn't either, I don't think, under the circumstances.

I have already printed the responses I have gotten from him re some of these issues. He has stated that the Vape Pen is assembled in the USA, that it is certified safe by these 2 certification bodies mentioned above, that it is NOT the exact same as the E-cig, that a LOT of R&D has gone into it but he does not care to share the research with DIYers because he spent his money and time learning how to make those modifications specifically to make this product. Maybe some day he will come to the thread but I think it will be when people who have actually used it are asking about it and commenting on it, not when people who know nothing about it are slinging mud.

I can assure you that the things I have said here - about the certification, the heating element, the fact that he has made modifications at great cost of time and money, that a team of scientists have been involved, are all true. Is it a big corporation with millions of dollars behind it? No. But neither is it a guy in the kitchen cooking MJ and putting into an E-cig.

I really don't know what more I can say about that. You either choose to believe him or you choose to believe he's a liar. I happen to believe what he says and know him to be a stand-up guy, not a weasel trying to make a quick buck. Doctors have approved it for their patients, it's been certified, and like I say, to me, that's enough.

He said he has read some of the comments here and will be changing and adding to the web site to address some of the questions and concerns. But there's only so much one can do and if people choose to believe it's all a big lie, there's not much he nor anyone can do about it.

Yes, the vape-pen is basically the same as the E-cigs, so yes it looks the same. But it has been significantly modified and there's the rub. It is significantly modified to work with the proprietary Vape Med formula.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Beezleb said:
I am sure it works as advertised but my concern is of a different sort. Well not really a concern more of an observation.

First Moe, I should state a bit of why I am here. I have a form of ALS and I am doing well but due to my condition I belong to a group of people for terminally ill people. Since I use cannabis as a medication to help me I have mentioned it and that has ended up me being the sort of vaporizer guy. I have assisted people various states of health and given much advice even traveling to help people set up their vaporizer. I do not sell nor do advocate any particular vaporizer other than which one best suits their needs.

Now to my point. I have dealt with people with varied medical conditions and thus they needed different effects. Essentially meaning that some people find better results from vaporizing at a higher temperature and others like it lower. Due to this I typically advise a temperature variable vaporizer. Now I am far from some vapor scientist or the like. In fact I just consider myself an informed vaporist who consistently finds himself in a position to assist others in the same condition as myself.

My question is how does this vaporizer meet those needs of people. I have early on seen the failure of a non temperature adjustable vaporizers effect upon a cancer patient and I have seen them respond well to vaping at higher temperatures.

My concern with this vape pen is that it is only potentially addressing part of the spectrum that medical users may truly need so I am not convinced this is truly a medical device for medical patients. I look forward to these issues being addressed.
Beezleb, I cannot answer that question. I don't think this is specifically designed for cancer or other terminally ill patients but it is designed for medical marijuana. I use MMJ for chronic pain, as an analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory and mood elevator. To me, it would be good for a lot of people who need a small dose when they're out and about, so they don't have to light up a joint or use a LaunchBox, Vapor Genie or other portable vape. Not that there's anything wrong with those products, just that this is a step up in terms of discretion.

It's not temperature adjustable so it would not meet the needs of people who need to vape at a higher temp. This is not even vapor, technically, it's below the temp. of vapor. Yet then again it does create what you would recognize as vapor.

The one BIG (to me, anyway) advantage of this is the discretion. NO one is going to think you're getting high on mj with this. No smell to speak of and it's so easy and quick to use. IF someone - like a cop - asked what it was I'm pretty sure you could convince them it was just a nicotine e-cig. The chances of a cop thinking it was for MJ are miniscule.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Trixer said:
Sorry for the double post but also

Where on earth do I mention anything about glycerin, I already knew not to heat it above 280 this is kind of common knowledge to anyone who does stuff like this on a regular basis.
You didn't mention it, Aero did. So I was responding to that. Just tryng to be helpful by warning someone who I thought MAY not know, and put the info "out there" in case anyone was planning to try glycerin.
Uh... what?

"Propylene glycol, not glycerine. Both use guy's units are using propylene glycol."

aero18,

Beezleb

From what you have written I am uncomfortable saying the word medical with this pen. It appears it was merely designed for marijuana with genuine medical needs not the foremost for the design.

A medical patient who was legal and using the pen would not necessarily need stealth outside of social aspects as they would be legal. So the aspect of the stealth is really being tailored towards others for the most part in my view.

It is merely trivial though as since it is essentially dependent upon having a company purchased solution it will turn many people off and from my experience, this would not really be favored among the truly medically needy due to it being a one trick pony so to speak versus a temperature variable device.

If it can hit the full spectrum than it would be better received amongst medical users. Otherwise it is a bit of misleading advertising to use the words "medical" as it implies that those with medical issues can use this will equal results to smoking which I am unsure is an accurate implication and I am against this if it does not as it is potentially misleading people who truly need assistance and not necessarily a type of high/sensation. Otherwise from my understanding you are saying it is designed for "medical marijuana" which is more accurately referring to the strength of the product. This seems to me to also infer that the pen requires a high strength to solution in order to operate. It would be better for the medical community if the solution came in different strengths to meet different needs.

Beezleb,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
No big deal. You mentioned glycerine in the thread : ""Propylene glycol, not glycerine. Both use guy's units are using propylene glycol." I didn't say you recommended it or anything, just that you mentioned it. True.

And as a result of that, I mentioned that no one should use glycerin because it can be dangerous.I was just making a side comment on glycerin after you mentioned it. Then Trixer asked who mentioned glycerin, and I wrote that you did.
Is there a problem with that? or ??

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Beezleb said:
From what you have written I am uncomfortable saying the word medical with this pen. It appears it was merely designed for marijuana with genuine medical needs not the foremost for the design.

A medical patient who was legal and using the pen would not necessarily need stealth outside of social aspects as they would be legal. So the aspect of the stealth is really being tailored towards others for the most part in my view.

It is merely trivial though as since it is essentially dependent upon having a company purchased solution it will turn many people off and from my experience, this would not really be favored among the truly medically needy due to it being a one trick pony so to speak versus a temperature variable device.

If it can hit the full spectrum than it would be better received amongst medical users. Otherwise it is a bit of misleading advertising to use the words "medical" as it implies that those with medical issues can use this will equal results to smoking which I am unsure is an accurate implication and I am against this if it does not as it is potentially misleading people who truly need assistance and not necessarily a type of high/sensation. Otherwise from my understanding you are saying it is designed for "medical marijuana" which is more accurately referring to the strength of the product. This seems to me to also infer that the pen requires a high strength to solution in order to operate. It would be better for the medical community if the solution came in different strengths to meet different needs.
With all due respect - and I do respect your opinion - I think you are taking a very narrow view of medical marijuana and the Vape-Pen's relation to it.

I see your point but many many people who use medical marijuana for medical purposes either do not use a vaporizer at all (they comust in a pipe or a joint) or they use a non-adjustable vaporizer as I presently do with the Vapor Genie.

As to stealth, I also respectfully disagree. I and others I know who use medical marijuana for medicinal purposes really don't want people around us knowing we are using it - at work, out running errands, visiting a "straight" friend or family, etc. "Medical" does not necessarily mean "dying" or "seriously ill" ("serious" is relative). My chronic pain is quite serious, but I'm not dying, thank you very much.

Nowhere on the site does it say it is temperature adjustable, in fact it says clearly that it operates at a lower temperature than vaporizing. So anyone who needs an adjustable temperature product would clearly see this is not for them.

As for various meds, plans are to release it with various strains. I think right now there are only 2-3 strains available, but with more interest in the products, there would be more.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Beezleb

You have to understand, you are mixing potentially illegal and legal aspects. I am talking to you from a legal aspect only.

Such as using while you work is most likely not legal and/or against the business/company policy in many situations regardless of prescription. Also you should understand that much of the wording being discussed in other states for medical weed is more stringently defined though not finalized regarding what conditions one can obtain a prescription for medical weed and I did mention the social aspect for a reason to be discreet. Add on the aspect you defend the word medical besides trying to explain it nor do you make attempt to determine if the full spectrum of the vape pen product is identical to weed smoke.

You very well may find that chronic pain may not be enough to get a prescription in the future and/or a more stringent analysis before they allow the prescription. While other states are going forward in their discussions with medical weed it is pretty much a different animal than what exists such as in California, in fact, I see California being the poster child for how not to do medical weed.

I absolutely disagree with you on about medically ill patients typically combusting or using a single temperature vaporizer. Mostly the people I deal with do not smoke cigarettes and the thought of smoking appalls them so except for a few people, smoking is not a wanted option. I know about the need for temperature variety due to witnessing it myself.

Like I said, I am talking about medically ill people who are not typically weed smokers, hence them learning about these things in a group or a friend of a friend versus being weed street smart so to speak. If you think this population is small, you are incorrect.

What I would like to see you find some solid information about what is in the make up of the vapor/mist. Specifically if it does hit the full spectrum similar to a smoking or does it simply hit the lower spectrum of the vaping range. If you cannot answer that I would not use the word medical for the reasons which I already stated. I look forward to your follow up.

If it does hit the full spectrum than its a mute issue.

Beezleb,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
you sound like a politician, come on really, I'm reading that thinking WTF. Are you saying all non temp adjustable vapes are no good for medical use patients. Such as the PD, MZ, VG, Iolite etc.

DeepFried,

Beezleb

Depending on the medical need, yes that is what I am saying. While I would say it is not a set in stone thing from my experience, the middle to upper end temperature range is more effective.

The vg is temperature variable.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom