The Vape Pen - reviewed

ezeehc

jambandphan03 said:
I might be stirring the pot (no pun intended) but I decided to peel the sticker label off the box for my vape-pen mini, and this was the logo I found under the label...

http://esmoke.en.ecplaza.net/9.asp

I have no doubt that these guys have figured out how to reprogram the microprocessor by accessing the firmware, and lowering the temperature, but the parts are being shipped in from China non the less. Maybe they are having them specially made directly in the factory (speculation) I don't know what I plan to accomplish by posting this here, other than the fact that I discovered it the other day and I feel like sharing my discovery.

Moe, I hope you don't take this personally, I am not trying to attack the V-P, just want to know if they are being honest with their customers. I have no doubt that the liquid meds have been long in development, and I am glad somebody out there is providing a means for patients to consume their medication in such a way, it not only seems like a safe way to medicate, but is also fun and discrete. I am all for that. But it is just an altered e-cig.
I was just browsing around forums and came across this. E-smoke is a good company and out there to make a good product. All of their liquid is tested in a laboratory in nj and they keep the highest quality control on their products. They understand their customers and go to the extra lengths to make sure their product is safe. The problems with some other companies is you don't know if what they are selling is safe, these people make sure all the liquid they sell is safe and reliable.

ezeehc,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
ezeehc said:
jambandphan03 said:
I might be stirring the pot (no pun intended) but I decided to peel the sticker label off the box for my vape-pen mini, and this was the logo I found under the label...

http://esmoke.en.ecplaza.net/9.asp

I have no doubt that these guys have figured out how to reprogram the microprocessor by accessing the firmware, and lowering the temperature, but the parts are being shipped in from China non the less. Maybe they are having them specially made directly in the factory (speculation) I don't know what I plan to accomplish by posting this here, other than the fact that I discovered it the other day and I feel like sharing my discovery.

Moe, I hope you don't take this personally, I am not trying to attack the V-P, just want to know if they are being honest with their customers. I have no doubt that the liquid meds have been long in development, and I am glad somebody out there is providing a means for patients to consume their medication in such a way, it not only seems like a safe way to medicate, but is also fun and discrete. I am all for that. But it is just an altered e-cig.
I was just browsing around forums and came across this. E-smoke is a good company and out there to make a good product. All of their liquid is tested in a laboratory in nj and they keep the highest quality control on their products. They understand their customers and go to the extra lengths to make sure their product is safe. The problems with some other companies is you don't know if what they are selling is safe, these people make sure all the liquid they sell is safe and reliable.
Umm, the Vape-Pen is used for liquid marijuana for medical marijuana patients, not nicotine.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Durden

I am Jack's title
So any tips? Havent used one myself, I understand the basics of the mechanics, more looking for suggestions on what draw speed has worked for you or other general usage tips. I know the person suggested I put in 2-3 times the normal amount (so 8-12 drops) for the first attempt, and charge the battery for 2 hours past the time when the light on the charger turns green for the first time as well. Any other tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Durden,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Durden said:
Picked one of these up over the weekend, I haven't gotten a chance to start using it yet but the battery is sitting in the charger right now.

So any tips on how I should go about my first session Moe and whoever else might have one around here? I understand the basics of the mechanics, more looking for suggestions on what draw speed has worked for you or other general usage tips. I know the person who I got mine from suggested I put in 2-3 times the normal amount (so 8-12 drops) for the first attempt, and charge the battery for 2 hours past the time when the light on the charger turns green for the first time as well. Any other tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!
As to how much to put in at once, generally it is recommended to put in 4 drops and then add 2-4 more when that stops producing vapor. Some people who are heavy users find that putting more in may work better for them but I highly recommend you start with 4.

I'm a light user so for me it seems more likely that it will clog if I put in more than 4.

You do not need a "draw speed", just a puff as in puffing a cigar - quick puffs activate the atomizer. So I would start out at 4 drops and keep it at 4 drops until you feel comfortable with needing more or less at one time. What you don't want is for the filter to get clogged or to clog the atomizer. Don't run it dry.

I was told that if the atomizer element clogs, try taking a few puffs without the filter in place to see if that unclogs it. Otherwise, if the filter is the part that is clogged, like if it has a bunch of "gunk" in it - dried liquid - then you'll have to use a new filter and meanwhile you can soak that one in Everclear or whatever to clean it, then re-use it.

They are working on an Instruction Manual right now and when it's ready it will probably be posted on the web site.

They use new Lithium batteries so you can leave one plugged in, charging, while using the other. There is no memory effect and I think you can leave it in as long as you want, and it will hold it's charge for a long time when you disconnect the battery from the charger. Don't quote me on that, though, but that's my assumption and at least in part, what I was told. Not entirely sure if you can leave it plugged in the charger "all the time" but I think you can. But when the light turns green I usually disconnect it and it seems to hold the charge well.

I'll be curious to see what your opinion is of it. Which liquid did you get? Blue Dream or Kush?

MoeOnTheMoon,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Hey moe, once I started putting the drops into the unit I realized that I must have heard wrong and so I went with the 4 drops like you suggested. They actually just called me based on what I wrote to warn me not to put that much in, so thanks for the heads up! (And that's some great customer service!)

I got the Blue Dream liquid and the unit worked pretty well for the first run, gave me the relief I was looking for and worked without much of a learning curve. I was pulling single puffs too hard at first but once I relaxed and slowed it down to multiple short and gentle puffs I got a good amount of vapor. I can see how the taste would be hard to nail down, after one session I'm not sure exactly how I would describe it, sweet is definitely in the right ballpark though. I used 4 drops in one session and was definitely feeling an effect towards the end, but I need to do more testing since it seems like I could easily spread that out over a longer period of time for the context I'm looking to use this in.

I'm not a typical user by most definitions so it's hard for me to say how this will affect my consumption, but it looks like it will hold a solid position in my rotation and allow me to cut down on preemptively medicating myself in many instances. More strains will definitely help in that regard as well since I don't find sativas completely satisfying for physical pain.

I'm satisfied with my purchase so far, too early for me to feel that strongly one way or the other though. I doubt it will replace any of my other vapes but it will allow me more freedom in adjusting my usage patterns, which is more significant than I'm giving it credit for in all honesty, it will probably take me a few days to wrap my head around that one though ;) Time to use the VHW with some delicious cheese haze...:cool:

Durden,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Durden said:
Hey moe, once I started putting the drops into the unit I realized that I must have heard wrong and so I went with the 4 drops like you suggested. They actually just called me based on what I wrote to warn me not to put that much in, so thanks for the heads up! (And that's some great customer service!)

I got the Blue Dream liquid and the unit worked pretty well for the first run, gave me the relief I was looking for and worked without much of a learning curve. I was pulling single puffs too hard at first but once I relaxed and slowed it down to multiple short and gentle puffs I got a good amount of vapor. I can see how the taste would be hard to nail down, after one session I'm not sure exactly how I would describe it, sweet is definitely in the right ballpark though. I used 4 drops in one session and was definitely feeling an effect towards the end, but I need to do more testing since it seems like I could easily spread that out over a longer period of time for the context I'm looking to use this in.

I'm not a typical user by most definitions so it's hard for me to say how this will affect my consumption, but it looks like it will hold a solid position in my rotation and allow me to cut down on preemptively medicating myself in many instances. More strains will definitely help in that regard as well since I don't find sativas completely satisfying for physical pain.

I'm satisfied with my purchase so far, too early for me to feel that strongly one way or the other though. I doubt it will replace any of my other vapes but it will allow me more freedom in adjusting my usage patterns, which is more significant than I'm giving it credit for in all honesty, it will probably take me a few days to wrap my head around that one though ;) Time to use the VHW with some delicious cheese haze...:cool:
Thanks for the report.

I find the Blue Dream liquid to not be all that "sativa-like" myself. I also use a lot of indica for pain management and relaxation but the BD liquid does not give me that "buzzy" kind of high that sativas often do. As I recall the Blue Dream is a hybrid...?

Definitely the Pen is not meant to substitute for a regular vaporizer in that you won't get ripped like you do with a vaporizer vaping a strong mj strain. In the future there might be stronger liquids but for now it's more of a relaxing mellow high, not a getting "ripped" high. At least that is my take on it. This to me is a plus, not a minus, as I love the fact that I can get a "little high" when I'm "out in the world" doing things and not get so high I forget what I'm doing, get lost at the supermarket or something. :ko:

MoeOnTheMoon,

Jacopone

Does anybody knows where I can find a list of dispensaries in So-Cal that carry the liquid-herb?
Before I purchase the pen, I would like to see how convenient would be for me to procure the liquid.
Thanks,

Jacopone,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Hi Jacopone, Right now the ones that I know of are the High Art 99 Collective on Abbott Kinney in Venice (google it or facebook) and Nice Dreams delivery service in Orange County. If you want to see if there are any more not currently listed on the site, try writing vape-pen via their web site and asking. Or call your local dispensary and ask them to carry it, and maybe they will. I know both of the ones above have the liquid and the pens in stock and more info is listed at the web site here:
http://www.vape-pen.com/vape-pen-testimonials/post/911187
There is also one or two up north which are not listed.
I think in the next 6 months or so you are going to see much more availability based on what I hear.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
For all you home-made juice enthusiasts:
I hear through the grave-vine (or vape-vine) that Vape-Pen is working on a Do It Yourself kit for DIY'ers to make their own juice for the pen. It's not official yet but watch the Vape-Pen web site for details or if and when I hear details I'll post them here.

Oh, and the Vape-Pen will be at the International Hemp Festival at the Cow Palace near San Francisco on April 17 and 18.
(http://www.intche.org/expo.html)

MoeOnTheMoon,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
stark1,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
stark1 said:
Moe, I am in Mass:

How hard is it to convince an MD in SoCal to give you a script for medicinal use; I am assuming you have to have a script to purchase a VP. :cool:

Oh, BTW, hare are some images of gorgeous, and sweet, Chucks, in action:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/thag-built-chuck/60460-pics-didnt-happen-hand-pics-only.html
I don't think you need to be a patient to buy the Pen now. Go on the web site and try it. You do have to be a patient to buy the liquid. But if they come out with the DIY kit, you will be able to get that without being a patient, I think.

I am no expert but I think that to get a prescription in CA you have to have a residential address here. It MAY require a CA ID or Drivers License but I think it may depend on the Doctor doing the prescribing. There was a guy in the office where I went who was a European and I THINK he got his prescription based on the fact he was living with someone in CA. You should research this on the web. There are tons of doctors who have web sites; you could even call one. If you pm me I'll give you my doctor's name and phone number and you can call. You also need some documentation from your current doctor that you have been recently treated for: pain, headaches, neurological disorder, etc. Again, check the web sites.

modnote: THC juice discussion moved here.

MoeOnTheMoon,
MoeOnTheMoon said:
stark1 said:
Moe, I am in Mass:

How hard is it to convince an MD in SoCal to give you a script for medicinal use; I am assuming you have to have a script to purchase a VP. :cool:

Oh, BTW, hare are some images of gorgeous, and sweet, Chucks, in action:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/thag-built-chuck/60460-pics-didnt-happen-hand-pics-only.html
I don't think you need to be a patient to buy the Pen now. Go on the web site and try it. You do have to be a patient to buy the liquid. But if they come out with the DIY kit, you will be able to get that without being a patient, I think.

I am no expert but I think that to get a prescription in CA you have to have a residential address here. It MAY require a CA ID or Drivers License but I think it may depend on the Doctor doing the prescribing. There was a guy in the office where I went who was a European and I THINK he got his prescription based on the fact he was living with someone in CA. You should research this on the web. There are tons of doctors who have web sites; you could even call one. If you pm me I'll give you my doctor's name and phone number and you can call. You also need some documentation from your current doctor that you have been recently treated for: pain, headaches, neurological disorder, etc. Again, check the web sites.

modnote: THC juice discussion moved here.

You are correct about the residency part - and you do not need a CA ID or Driver's License although some collectives will require it. The CA law technically requires a "Government Issued ID" - and a lot of collectives that are over protective interpret this to mean only a CA ID or Driver's License, and some interpret it to be either or those or a US Govt. Passport. At the collective I worked at only US passport or CA ID/DL is good to go, the law as it should be correctly interpreted would be any government issued id (from any government) + proof of CA residency. IE: you are here from Australia but you are going to college here and have a cable bill to show. If you have an out of state ID or are using a Passport, be sure to bring residency proof to the collective you are going to. You might even want to call ahead of time but some won't answer on the phone.

As far as vape pen is concerned, the MedStick is waaaay stronger, probably the strongest e-weed-cig, but the cartridges are only available in a few places in L.A. I know Grace and CCR in West LA carry them. However, you can get the MedStick pen for $20 online (www.themedstick.com) and then hit vape pen or Gentleman's THC Cartridges (also stronger than vape pen) with the MedStick pen which is cheaper and actually seems a little better than the Vape Pen I already had. I haven't tested the THC Stick pen, only the cartridges, but those were good. I paid $100 for my vape pen when I got it and still have it, but I use the MedStick for everything now as it does hit harder and battery lasts longer.

chrisPdaddy,
Top Bottom