Discontinued The Universe Adapter for herbs and concentrates.

OF

I'm considering an TV Evo and TV Rev Dart carts to use on this as well ... I guess mostly to tide me over until the actual nail cart and herb carts come out ... any comments??? anyone else have experience with the Persei and TV Evo and/or Dart?

LV versions will work fine (Evolution is right on the current limit of the switch), Revolution/DART is basically a 1.5 Ohm load, just like the high power Omicron carts. In theory you can run two on the double head......

Be sure to get LV versions, or buy special 3.0 Volt batteries (and charger) for your Persei. Running SV stuff at 7.4 Volts will be hard on it for sure, 'hot off the charger' at 8.4 Volts you might not survive.....

I, like most folks, am very happy with the performance of both of them (as I am with Persei driving them).

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am adding the Persei to my collection (as you already know OF ) and will be testing it out on some of my LV and SV Thermovape parts once it gets here. Couldn't pass up the good deal PV had on the chrome Persei for the 710 sale... also have the hammer top coming too, and wondered if that will be needed to use the plan B if it gets released?

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

559stonerr

Got my Persei today and it worked great! (Thanks PV!) I'm super hyped about the Universe (or 8 ... etc.)

Loaded 0.7g of Grapefruit Honey Oil and tried a couple hits (literally 2 puffs) around 2 and still feeling it some (the Persei worked amazingly well, but whas a bit of a pain to load the cartridge! I'm sure I'll get better at it!)

Do I need to store the cartridges upright to avoid leaking and the need for priming??? Or will they be ok on their side with the caps on? Not sure I love the pre-load aspect of the carts and would prefer the load-as-you-go type approach (any news on the nail cart?)

I'm considering an TV Evo and TV Rev Dart carts to use on this as well ... I guess mostly to tide me over until the actual nail cart and herb carts come out ... any comments??? anyone else have experience with the Persei and TV Evo and/or Dart?

it is best to store the cartridges upright. if not and the concentrate is runny and in a hot environment you will have a big mess on your hand. i like to keep mine upright in a doob tube container.

559stonerr,
Reactions: OF

JoeKickass

Ok so update we need to do some changes for 3.7v the current models only working on 7.4v atm.

Well hate to break the laws of the universe but I think you're going to find the need for two different models, at least if you want 3.7v performance to hold a candle to 7.4v performance...

OF's mentioned it before too but, if the resistance stays the same, going from 3.7v to 7.4v is 4 times the power... (power is directly related to heat)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well hate to break the laws of the universe but I think you're going to find the need for two different models, at least if you want 3.7v performance to hold a candle to 7.4v performance...

OF's mentioned it before too but, if the resistance stays the same, going from 3.7v to 7.4v is 4 times the power... (power is directly related to heat)

Seems like that would be the case ... similar to any other carts different cart resistance for different voltage.

Thanks for all the feedback on my prior comments everyone ... now I'm really torn between ordering the TV carts or waiting ... how would the TV Evo (LV) compare to the Solo for instance? (since that's my primary portable right now ... I really like the super quick heat up time on the Persei though ... can get medicated in a matter of seconds whereas with my solo I'm looking at a minimum 7-8min process between heating, vaporizing, etc.)

Visited a friend earlier with my Persei (brought the grapefruit honey oil loaded cart with me and left the 7.4v batteries in) ... he had just picked up some lesser quality honey oil so we loaded maybe 0.5g on that and used a bunch after trying some of the grapefruit ... also had a few Solo sessions ... gotta say ... I'm rarely feeling this medicated!!!! Probably just the change up to the oil (I actually have some minor pasties and that NEVER happens anymore ... !)

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok just did some testing with the Universe.

7 tests.

7.4v configuration
Persei Vaporizer

18350 AW IMR Batteries.
Before First Load Battery voltage was 4.2 each total 8.4v
After first Load Battery voltage was 3.9v
After Second load voltage is 3.7
Load about .15
Fine Grind.
Heat up time about 45 seconds.

total number of loads with 1 set of batteries about 2.1

1st bowl being the best
2nd bowl being about 90% efficiency compared to the first

Then i would change batteries.

Testing will resume with 3.7v when we are done modifying the universe for it.

I forgot to give battery voltages before and after first load and second load.

Prev post updated.

JoeKickass

I forgot to give battery voltages before and after first load and second load.

Prev post updated.

Wow that was crazy! I saw those clouds and thought "yeah but I bet he's burning the heck out of it..." but that abv was freaking GREEN!!!

Edit: I agree, a separate persei & omicron version could be needed. Like say if this is 5 ohms make the omicron version 4 ohms or something because the smaller batteries will definitely need more help putting out the power...

odogg

Elevate.
Nice looking good. Can't wait to vape herb as well. Is that the SS persei long Tube at work?

odogg,

Dgtheonlyg

Wow that was crazy! I saw those clouds and thought "yeah but I bet he's burning the heck out of it..." but that abv was freaking GREEN!!!

Edit: I agree, a separate persei & omicron version could be needed. Like say if this is 5 ohms make the omicron version 4 ohms or something because the smaller batteries will definitely need more help putting out the power...
ya thats why I'm getting passthrough haha for my hvd btw g that video is awesome the abv like joe said its green as hell and g was coughing because it hit so hard, now thats performance.

Dgtheonlyg,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The ABV looks green on Camera but in real life its light brown, maybe few more hits and it would have been done.

But the Universe works great.

I was a little to scared as i surely thought it wouldnt work for more then 1 bowl on 7.4v but after doing the testing man i sure am glad i was wrong.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The ABV looks green on Camera but in real life its light brown, maybe few more hits and it would have been done.

But the Universe works great.

I was a little to scared as i surely thought it wouldnt work for more then 1 bowl on 7.4v but after doing the testing man i sure am glad i was wrong.

Hey G, you said the Universe doesn't currently work with the Omicron v2, but what about the HVD? Also, any update on the Nail Cart?

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G, you said the Universe doesn't currently work with the Omicron v2, but what about the HVD? Also, any update on the Nail Cart?

The universe might work with the HVD 7.4v, but we are trying to get it to work with 14650 as it gives a little more power and able to complete a bowl better.

I will test a Omicron HVD tomorrow and let you know.

MaxVapor

The Professor
We did do Omicron testing, the current Model will not work. Soon as we make changes we will do more changes.
Sorry I meant HVD Omicron. Any HVD testing happening? I assume (yeah, yeah) that it would be similar, but is the HVD regulated to 7.4?

The video looked great, it looks like you are on track for a winner.

Oops we posted at same time, looking forward to hearing about the test.

MaxVapor,

Dgtheonlyg

The universe might work with the HVD 7.4v, but we are trying to get it to work with 14650 as it gives a little more power and able to complete a bowl better.

I will test a Omicron HVD tomorrow and let you know.
i feel like it would work best with the passthrough too, cause those 14650s kinda go fast

Dgtheonlyg,
Top Bottom