Discontinued The Universe Adapter for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
That model prototype looks like a good fit for your downstem, is that a 14mm? Nice solid vapor there too! Thanks so much for making a video G! :tup:

That was a 14 down stem.

Adobe just left, and I'll let him fill you guys in how the universe operated and compare the taste and quality on other models.

Adobewan

Ok, finally made it back home. Gs moved into a bigger space, growth and innovation abound. We did much testing, great fun doing such serious research.
First, the milk shot says it all, it's real!
On one loosely filled load we did, G said it was approx .1 grams, I got 9 full lungs of coughing, flavorful, visible vapor before tasting any popcorn.
Very impressed with how consistently even the ABV was(except for one experimental run).
Design is smart, innovative, and absolutely delivers.

Some comparisons;
Loosely filled bowl holds approx 1.5 Solo stems worth.
Similar to the Solo in hits and cloud production, taste is very clean and clear. Draw can be restrictive if you over fil but still delivers a punch!!l
IME its much easier to use and produce vapor from, than both the Thermovape and the Evolution.
Does NOT suffer the heating issues the 8 did.

G's happy for a reason. We all will be soon!
PS also got to try the V3 cart.
There is much continued, varied goodness coming from the Mad Maestro.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I notice the shape has moved more from a top bell shape to more of a thick cartridge shape, with a mouth piece for glass contact, love that glass love. Whats the process on caching and reloading the botanicals? Is it easy to pack with your fingers or scoop or a small tool? Will herbs need to be packed with a tool? I notice you mentioned some of the bowls were great as loose fitting herb. Very excited for this looks to be a great at home and quick portable vape with/out the pass through. The ABV looks perfectly how I like mine after dumping. This is what I like to see :clap:

ilovedoobies!

This looks so good now and I just hope this will be for sale soon and even if it cant do oil who cares this looks like a solid flower attachment =D

ilovedoobies!,
Reactions: JoeKickass

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Ok, finally made it back home. Gs moved into a bigger space, growth and innovation abound. We did much testing, great fun doing such serious research.
First, the milk shot says it all, it's real!
On one loosely filled load we did, G said it was approx .1 grams, I got 9 full lungs of coughing, flavorful, visible vapor before tasting any popcorn.
Very impressed with how consistently even the ABV was(except for one experimental run).
Design is smart, innovative, and absolutely delivers.

Some comparisons;
Loosely filled bowl holds approx 1.5 Solo stems worth.
Similar to the Solo in hits and cloud production, taste is very clean and clear. Draw can be restrictive if you over fil but still delivers a punch!!l
IME its much easier to use and produce vapor from, than both the Thermovape and the Evolution.
Does NOT suffer the heating issues the 8 did.

G's happy for a reason. We all will be soon!
PS also got to try the V3 cart.
There is much continued, varied goodness coming from the Mad Maestro.

Wow, the solo is still my reference and i can't achieve the results I want so far with the T1 or Evo. No thick rich flavorful vapor yet from either (at least without using wax) and I don't understand where the flavor is either. way more concentrated flavor on the solo too. flavor lasts longer on the T1 but its weak comparitively.

very very good news!!!!!

ru_frothi,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Wow, the solo is still my reference and i can't achieve the results I want so far with the T1 or Evo. No thick rich flavorful vapor yet from either (at least without using wax) and I don't understand where the flavor is either. way more concentrated flavor on the solo too. flavor lasts longer on the T1 but its weak comparitively.

very very good news!!!!!
If you take a bit longer of a draw, the T1 is not at all weak compared to my Solo. The intensity continues to ramp up for as long as you take a draw, so by the end of a 20-second inhale, I get a delicious cloud of vapor with the T1 that outshines the taste and purity of the Solo, but is on par in terms of strength. In fact, my T1 more often has me bursting into robust coughing from such a strong hit in the back of the throat, as compared to the Solo. It is all in how long you "milk" your hit. I love my T1 for what I consider to be unsurpassed vapor quality. Hearing that the Universe is similar to the Solo in hits and cloud production sounds like a negative, to me. The Solo always delivers what I pick out as a "musty" taste, compared to my delicious T1. If the Universe is comparable to the Solo, I have a good feeling I will continue preferring my T1 to either the Solo or the Universe.

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: OF
TV = 12+/- pulls per set of batteries.
Solo= a lot more, and I think "musty" is definitely not the correct term for flavor from it.
Power consumption is/was/forever will be what keeps this guy from purchasing a T1.
I have the lv Evo; tastes good, but not any better than the solo. Power consumption is barely better than the T1, if at all. Definitely a nice vape, but not the savoir(low power consumption, pocket sized, clean safe tasty air path) to portable vapes we all are searching for. I'm glad you like your T1 though, they make quality stuff, but not for everybody. From what I understand, they are a muscle car, high performance, simple, but made when gas was 50 cents a gallon. I'm looking more for a Lexus hybrid high-performance/high efficiency vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics, but a 600 mile fuel range sounds good to me. My 2 cents.

What am I talking about... this sounds like a discussion for a "best portable vapes thread", not really the best place for it here, but I'm sure G likes to hear thoughts other vapes though.
Enjoy your day Vapland! Sun is shining bright here, time to hit the lake.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
TV = 12+/- pulls per set of batteries.
Solo= a lot more, and I think "musty" is definitely not the correct term for flavor from it.
Power consumption is/was/forever will be what keeps this guy from purchasing a T1.
I have the lv Evo; tastes good, but not any better than the solo. Power consumption is barely better than the T1, if at all. Definitely a nice vape, but not the savoir(low power consumption, pocket sized, clean safe tasty air path) to portable vapes we all are searching for. I'm glad you like your T1 though, they make quality stuff, but not for everybody. From what I understand, they are a muscle car, high performance, simple, but made when gas was 50 cents a gallon. I'm looking more for a Lexus hybrid high-performance/high efficiency vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics, but a 600 mile fuel range sounds good to me. My 2 cents.

What am I talking about... this sounds like a discussion for a "best portable vapes thread", not really the best place for it here, but I'm sure G likes to hear thoughts other vapes though.
Enjoy your day Vapland! Sun is shining bright here, time to hit the lake.
I agree the Evo is not as tasty as the T1 is. But I absolutely stand by my characterization of musty for the Solo. No matter the strain, when I try it in the Solo, and then run it in my T1, the comparison always leaves me feeling like I was vaping down in a basement with the former. As for comparing to other vapes performance, none other than Adobe is who chose to compare the Universe to the Solo. Nothing wrong with comparing and contrasting. In fact, that goes on quite a lot on the TV and Solo threads likewise.

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: OF

OF

If you take a bit longer of a draw, the T1 is not at all weak compared to my Solo.

In fact, my T1 more often has me bursting into robust coughing from such a strong hit in the back of the throat, as compared to the Solo.

It is all in how long you "milk" your hit. I love my T1 for what I consider to be unsurpassed vapor quality.

I've never used a solo, I'm staying out of the comparison, but for sure the T1 can deliver heavy hits. Not with random technique, you need to do it 'the way it wants to', unlike many others. The key, I think, is to not accept a lame hit if that's not what you wanted. Blow it out and keep pulling. If you've done it right there's plenty of more heat stored in the core to deliver, the bowl temperature will continue to climb and production increase. Most guys either give up when their lungs fill up with a marginal hit or fail to store enough core heat so it cools off too much before the bowl truly gets going. You have to push it hard to get there (remember Tim's "we make tough cores...") and other conditions have to be right of course. Everything has to go right at once kinda thing.

If this new guy behaves in a similar manner, I predict greatness.

OF

Adobewan

@ Phreedom
I was impressed with Vaporboxed's vid on the Solo v TV comparison, but neither my fellow patients nor myself have ever been able to achieve those results from my TV nor my Evolution. I'm not blaming the device, I'm a fairly intelligent guy, somewhat technical but certainly have my share of user-errors, and really do admire the construction of the TV, but have gotten to the point that that $400-$500 worth of equipment literally sits, unused on my desk. That's a lot of greenios!
My Solo, OTOH, hides when I enter the room, "Please, Adobewan, just... need.. to... rest..."(It doesn't really call me Adobewan.)

The Solo is effortless to use(load, hit, dump), an elderly person or someone with arthritis could easily use it where, working with the the TV, occasionally getting too hot to touch, would not be as user friendly for them.
But the Universe would be, occasionally tap the easy press button to regulate heat and cook time, to produce undeniable vapor with uncorrupted flavor.

And if you're having taste issues, I strongly recommend Ed's Tnt's wood stems and PlanetVape's, PVHES stems for your Solo. They make a world of difference(a friend drew from my Solo then I put on one of Ed's with the same meds in it and the guy thought I loaded a better, tastier strain, no kidding!)
G doesn't know but I'm going to be talking to Ed in the next day or so about getting with G to make a short wood stem for the U... well I guess he knows now.

I know, I know, this is a Universe thread and I'm talking about my Solo. That's because I don't have my Universe yet, G!!!
Was sort of hoping G'd stay up after I left to build me my own but alas...

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
This looks so good now and I just hope this will be for sale soon and even if it cant do oil who cares this looks like a solid flower attachment =D

No offense, but lots of us care if it can do oil. A universal load as you go cart is extremely desired and needed by many, myself included.

What temps are you running your solo at? How clean is your stem?
When running at max temps, you'll definitely get different flavors because your getting ever so close to combustion, I've gotten the same nutty flavors in the Evo before when ran too hot. Try this, Get a clean stem, run the solo at 4/5, and try a Pepsi challenge with it, let me know how "musty" it is.
Everyone has their own priorities in a vape, if I have to sacrifice a smidgen of taste(witch I don't think I am) for 10 times the running time... That's my sacrifice to choose.
Back on topic... The universe is looking sweet, keep it up.

havealight101,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

very very good news!!!!!

Ruff did you try the seal for the stem on the device to see if it increased vapor production? Since we talked about it at the show I don't know if you did or not, also how was the jungle juice.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

2clicker

Observer
havent been in here for a while. progress sounds very good.

any pics of the current prototype?

2clicker,

Dgtheonlyg

thanks for the testing info adobe so you can only put .1 in? I guess thats ok i would not mind. i know tree has tested good and oil only not so good but , has g tired any full melt or some good hash ?i would wana see how that performs

Dgtheonlyg,

Adobewan

@Dg
No, the .1 was a loosely packed load. G can elaborate on exact size. I'm not good at that kind of estimating, G held up a small bud and asked me to guess on what I thought it weighed. I think I was off by like .5g, I'm sure he was guffawing at me inside.
I'm sure G will hit your question about the full melt and hash, but looking at it, I can't see how it wouldn't be able to handle them VERY well. I promised not to divulge details, but knowing how the vapes I have work, I can see it handling them even better than it handles the flowers, I imagine you'd need to adjust some settings, again, a G question but I believe balancing and directing the heat and dealing with things like power consumption/battery longevity with flower vaping was the tougher nut to crack.

Adobewan,

kittyboy

@Dg
No, the .1 was a loosely packed load. G can elaborate on exact size. I'm not good at that kind of estimating, G held up a small bud and asked me to guess on what I thought it weighed. I think I was off by like .5g, I'm sure he was guffawing at me inside.
I'm sure G will hit your question about the full melt and hash, but looking at it, I can't see how it wouldn't be able to handle them VERY well. I promised not to divulge details, but knowing how the vapes I have work, I can see it handling them even better than it handles the flowers, I imagine you'd need to adjust some settings, again, a G question but I believe balancing and directing the heat and dealing with things like power consumption/battery longevity with flower vaping was the tougher nut to crack.

I am assuming all this on Persi 7.4? Any omni at 3.7? Just wondering. Also when oil combine with flower did it seem to have more flavor?
Thanks for sharing

kittyboy,

Dgtheonlyg

@Dg
oh ok, i was about to say because i haven't seen the bowl but it defently looks big enough to handle .5 max. I can see that because i have a another conventional vape and when i use any bubble or full melt it hits way harder at the same temp i would have my tree at. I saw dubs video of the 8 and he uses hash at only 320f and its goinnn. The cyclone tech is blowing my mind too i hate siring bowls

Dgtheonlyg,
Top Bottom