Discontinued The Universe Adapter for herbs and concentrates.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
What temps are you running your solo at? How clean is your stem?
When running at max temps, you'll definitely get different flavors because your getting ever so close to combustion, I've gotten the same nutty flavors in the Evo before when ran too hot. Try this, Get a clean stem, run the solo at 4/5, and try a Pepsi challenge with it, let me know how "musty" it is.
Everyone has their own priorities in a vape, if I have to sacrifice a smidgen of taste(witch I don't think I am) for 10 times the running time... That's my sacrifice to choose.
Back on topic... The universe is looking sweet, keep it up.
4/5 is definitely my range. And yes, even with a sparkling clean stem, still the same musty taste I experience whether the stem is clean or not, in fact, as compared to that Pepsi challenge. I agree the Solo has its place for convenience, it is hard to beat. But from the cannaseur standpoint, my T1 definitely takes the cake, which is why there is a place for it too. I only bust out the Solo when convenience is of chief importance, and taste/purity is not. So, agreed that the Universe is looking promising. But I would hope to end up being able to compare the taste to my T1 rather than my Solo, or it will be leaving something to be desired.

4/5 is definitely my range. And yes, even with a sparkling clean stem, still the same musty taste I experience whether the stem is clean or not, in fact, as compared to that Pepsi challenge. I agree the Solo has its place for convenience, it is hard to beat. But from the cannaseur standpoint, my T1 definitely takes the cake, which is why there is a place for it too. I only bust out the Solo when convenience is of chief importance, and taste/purity is not. So, agreed that the Universe is looking promising. But I would hope to end up being able to compare the taste to my T1 rather than my Solo, or it will be leaving something to be desired.
How about 'dem Yankees?(meaning I'm done and our opinions differ...happens a lot with me)

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
How about 'dem Yankees?(meaning I'm done and our opinions differ...happens a lot with me)
Can't stand baseball. :p I wonder what the air path looks like on this Universe device... Also wondering how hot the outside of the uninsulated device stands to get after prolonged use. Does it not transfer its heat to the metal housing?

OF

I saw dubs video of the 8 and he uses hash at only 320f and its goinnn.

If that's the same prototype SC and I tested (I think it is) the temperature display is out of calibration.....

In broad terms THC is THC, there is no magic way to make a vape with lower boiling point.

Or "that's what makes horse races" (differences of opinion). The stock market works the same way, too.....

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys the Universe will get minor adjustments after first round of testing. We have identified the main issues and the second prototypes will be better and after that we are going to do the test runs. I will know more tomorrow on when the second generation of prototypes is ready for future testing, and this will dictate the rest of the timeline, but seems like end of month the latest its going into production.

Anxiously waiting :) Hoping to have one for my vacation at the start of August! (Just ordered one of the Chrome Persei's from PV for $130)

What is the difference between like the Persei and the Omicron V2 and the other units they offer? Is Persei just their biggest one and has the most options/accessories? I have the Omicron v1 and am thinking about getting one of their other ones that they offer.

freefallmerc,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
What is the difference between like the Persei and the Omicron V2 and the other units they offer? Is Persei just their biggest one and has the most options/accessories? I have the Omicron v1 and am thinking about getting one of their other ones that they offer.

this question is better for the Persei thread. Please ask it there so that we dont get confused on the threads.

hey im getting a persei in the very near future and i was wondering if i should just get the hammer or wait for the universe?

David Nevers,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
hey im getting a persei in the very near future and i was wondering if i should just get the hammer or wait for the universe?

The Hammer and The Universe aren't related in any way that I can think of. The Hammer is an herb iron attachment for your Persei or Omicron HVD and The Universe is a cart that is going to be able to handle both flower and oils.

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
what were those main issues I heard mentioned of? kid on christmas on this bad boy

Cant talk about the issues boss as we dont want to give away any info on it. We would rather have other companies fix their own problems with their own research instead us giving them information. Sorry but companies out in the world do copy.

Adobewan

Cant talk about the issues boss as we dont want to give away any info on it. We would rather have other companies fix their own problems with their own research instead us giving them information. Sorry but companies our in the world do copy.
I used the thing and correct me if I'm wrong G, it's more a case of minor, easy to implement adjustments, rather than "issues".
This really could go out as is. I think G sees final tweaks that will send it over the top.
I'm pretty sure we all be happy for it!
Not speaking for G though, I don't have a purple shirt on.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I used the thing and correct me if I'm wrong G, it's more a case of minor, easy to implement adjustments, rather than "issues".
This really could go out as is. I think G sees final tweaks that will send it over the top.
I'm pretty sure we all be happy for it!
Not speaking for G though, I don't have a purple shirt on.

Its Gray, get it straight, i didnt wear the same color for 3 years straight to have people call it purple.

On a side note, The final tweaks should be done by end of month, and the Universe should be going into production mid August.

Trust me im all over this man all over this. Knowing how good this came out its gonna rock.

MaxVapor

The Professor
Its Gray, get it straight, i didnt wear the same color for 3 years straight to have people call it purple.

On a side note, The final tweaks should be done by end of month, and the Universe should be going into production mid August.

Trust me im all over this man all over this. Knowing how good this came out its gonna rock.

Production mid August will be the limited run for early adopters? Or are you going to go straight into mass-production? Not trying to put you on the spot, but man-o-man I am looking forward to this thing more than ever!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Production mid August will be the limited run for early adopters? Or are you going to go straight into mass-production? Not trying to put you on the spot, but man-o-man I am looking forward to this thing more than ever!

Limited production then feed back from FC users then full on production.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Got my Persei today and it worked great! (Thanks PV!) I'm super hyped about the Universe (or 8 ... etc.)

Loaded 0.7g of Grapefruit Honey Oil and tried a couple hits (literally 2 puffs) around 2 and still feeling it some (the Persei worked amazingly well, but whas a bit of a pain to load the cartridge! I'm sure I'll get better at it!)

Do I need to store the cartridges upright to avoid leaking and the need for priming??? Or will they be ok on their side with the caps on? Not sure I love the pre-load aspect of the carts and would prefer the load-as-you-go type approach (any news on the nail cart?)

I'm considering an TV Evo and TV Rev Dart carts to use on this as well ... I guess mostly to tide me over until the actual nail cart and herb carts come out ... any comments??? anyone else have experience with the Persei and TV Evo and/or Dart?

JCat,
Top Bottom