The Toad from Morwood

Electrofever

You must have been in the early batches I imagine ? I just had a look and I have been having mine for a year now, and I thing it was batch 4. And after all that time, still often surprised by how it feels and works !

Electrofever,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

Hey guys...

I realized yesterday that after more than a year and a half spent with my Toad and dozens of photos shared here, there is an angle that I have not shared with you!

I'll fix this immediately 😁

edit: I ended up seeing a Tahiti Bob lichen running...:shrug::mental::lol:

Last edited:

envyxoa

Hey been looking at nomad 2 and someone reccomended the toad. It looks similar and still very pretty how do I go about trying to get one of these and would love to see some people using it!

envyxoa,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hey been looking at nomad 2 and someone reccomended the toad. It looks similar and still very pretty how do I go about trying to get one of these and would love to see some people using it!
You can add your name to the waiting list sending a message to @Dan Morrison .
Wait is about 2years. It worth it if you have patience

Duba,

99944nt

I took my Toad apart for the first time to give it a deep clean and while it was simple enough to take apart, after I put it back together, the bottom piece will not sit firmly when in the active position, while it does sit firm when place in the off position.

Anyone else have this issue?

side note, as I was trying to tighten the screw on the bottom to perhaps fix the wobble, it went right through the wood and broke through the other side.. I am beside myself, so sad.. I have reached out to Dan to hopefully get a replacement :( Ughhhh

Last edited:

Electrofever

I took my Toad apart for the first time to give it a deep clean and while it was simple enough to take apart, after I put it back together, the bottom piece will not sit firmly when in the active position, while it does sit firm when place in the off position.

Anyone else have this issue?

side note, as I was trying to tighten the screw on the bottom to perhaps fix the wobble, it went right through the wood and broke through the other side.. I am beside myself, so sad.. I have reached out to Dan to hopefully get a replacement :( Ughhhh

It’s funny that you mention that. A few months ago, I happened to drop the bottom part of my Toad on the floor, and the metal part broke where the round part joints with the flat one :( I messaged Dan who kindly offered to send me a new metal part. And in between he explained me he had changed his working process concerning these metal parts, so now the flat part inserts in the round one trough a small hole. But now that I have put the new metal part in place, I have the same problem as you, the bottom part doesn’t sit firmly in the bottom of the Toad when it is in ‘on’ mode. I tried moving the screw around, but not too much as Dan told me not to force too much or it will break the lid. Which is unfortunately what happened to you :( so I just left it how it is not really wanting to push experiment further, even though I have pushed it around in many ways to try and understand why this happens. With no result :(

Electrofever,
  • Sad
Reactions: NYC_Frank

fangorn

Hey guys @99944nt and @Electrofever

sorry to hear about your problems with the Toad!

@99944nt
I'm sorry to be that guy, sincerely... I hate it when people ask me if I've done the basic checks...
but did you check that the metal part was reassembled in the right direction? I have a hard time understanding how this can happen because the adjustments are very tight and... personalized...

my other hypothesis was that maybe you hadn't tightened the screw enough... but obviously you tightened it enough! (sorry about that !!)

could you post a photo of your bottom plate please?

@Electrofever
I'm sure Dan could sort that out for you, but that would require you to part with your Toad for a month or two I imagine...

Electrofever

I must say I spent hours since having this new metal part trying to understand how the lid fits on one side but not the other, pushing on one side, and on the other, and trying to understand how all the mechanism works. Dan kindly sent me with the metal part a small piece of wood with sandpaper on it to sand the small groove between the heater and the battery, but still doesn’t fit right. It feels like the metal part is touching the thread at one point on the screw. Considering the precision of all this mechanism, I just feel like I should leave it that way, and I don’t really won’t to go trough sending my Toad back across the pound, too much anxiety lol. I hope it’ll just wear in :) And my Toad still works perfectly !

fangorn

yes I imagine how annoying and frustrating it must be!

I will spend hours there too!

have you tried putting something on the "screw head", like toothpaste for example, to see if it touches and where it touches when you close it?

are the magnets all seated well?

Are the springs under the metal plate deformed or offset?

sorry for these basic questions but I looked at how it was done, and I'm still perplexed...

can you both post photos?

I can post some if that helps...

have a nice week end !

Electrofever

Thank you for your concern :) I don’t think a pic will help much, everything looks good, I allready sent one to Dan to know a bit more. I haven’t tried much fiddling around, a bit scared every time I have to screw that screw back in. But I have tried different things and I still can’t really understand how come. I will look more deeply into it and will let you know :)

fangorn

A few weeks ago, I visited the Montreal insectarium....
there is a large room, in the middle of the visit, where there are 360 degree insect displays...
it was magnificent and fascinating... so much so that my family didn't wait for me!!

in short... I saw thousands of Toad buttons...
I'm sharing a photo with you... just because... it's magnificent! 😁

Top Bottom