The Toad from Morwood

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow it's absolutely beautiful! 😍 Is everyone on the toad waiting list automatically also on the list for the lottery?

You have to opt in to participate, but once on the list you're notified about a lottery so you then choose to reply yes if you are interested in participating for whatever is left available

Stonedbadger

Ok ok, lets have a go at this... fuck

]https://ibb.co/0t9zW3T

Fuck me.. I forgot so took shit indoor photos and I still don't know how to upload them properly... lucky I don't work in advertising/marketing, it's a fair trade off. I'm shit at the internet, but I still have a soul

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

Fuck me.. I forgot so took shit indoor photos and I still don't know how to upload them properly... lucky I don't work in advertising/marketing, it's a fair trade off. I'm shit at the internet, but I still have a soul
Damn, that is outstanding.
What a phenomenal Toad!
Congrat's

attackpoints

A lovely toad!! Thank you for posting it for us, the 3rd pic does a great job of showing the washi shell texture. I loved the winding oak tree design on this one a lot, it almost reminds me of a dragon 🐉 hope you have many happy sessions

fangorn

That's a beautiful device, @fangorn. Do you mind telling me who made that glass stem? I'm sorry if it's embedded somewhere in this discussion - I looked but didn't see it (and it's certainly possible I missed it in this helpful, text-rich thread).

hey!!

I answer your question in exchange for a photo of your unit already acquired or future 😁

seriously, this is a custom order from High Artisan.

I really like the shape of the tip, compared to the original stems..

I think it steals a little too much flavor... but I think that's just me...
and these are the ones I use mostly.
I will surely make one again with less cooling (and therefore more flavors)...

I wish you a good order 😉

and I take this opportunity to share a new photo... the colors of this Toads.... really match my tastes... and my environment!

dog walker

hey!!

I answer your question in exchange for a photo of your unit already acquired or future 😁

seriously, this is a custom order from High Artisan.

I really like the shape of the tip, compared to the original stems..

I think it steals a little too much flavor... but I think that's just me...
and these are the ones I use mostly.
I will surely make one again with less cooling (and therefore more flavors)...
Thank you!

Here is my Toad. It's a beautiful piece, but not necessarily my style. I covet those navy fade models he's made in the past (but I love this one very much).

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
@fangorn I love the look of the wood stem but shelved mine right away in favor of the glass. Something about the texture of the pear wood bothered me, your's looks much smoother.

fangorn

hey @dog walker
I really like your Toad... I associate the snowy pine a bit with the trees we see in the fight in the snow in Kill Bill...
and the blue lichen button is just incredibly crazy!!! I really like it.

@Vehmic
I understand... wood and glass bring really different sensations!
I mostly use glass, but I like a little more hardness sometimes. and I use a little more but wooden stem also since I received the last one!

As for the texture, I need a photo of your stem so I can get an idea.
I'm sharing an album with you. photos 6 and 7 clearly show how smooth the stem is...

but I find it hard to believe that you have a less smooth stem....

photo of your Toad next to the pearwood stem?? 🤣

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
hey @dog walker
I really like your Toad... I associate the snowy pine a bit with the trees we see in the fight in the snow in Kill Bill...
and the blue lichen button is just incredibly crazy!!! I really like it.

@Vehmic
I understand... wood and glass bring really different sensations!
I mostly use glass, but I like a little more hardness sometimes. and I use a little more but wooden stem also since I received the last one!

As for the texture, I need a photo of your stem so I can get an idea.
I'm sharing an album with you. photos 6 and 7 clearly show how smooth the stem is...

but I find it hard to believe that you have a less smooth stem....

photo of your Toad next to the pearwood stem?? 🤣
Mine looks pretty much the same as yours in this post, in that to the eye/hand, it's smooth, but on the lips the sensation bothers me for some reason. Most don't seem to have my issue. I just found the cooler vapor, ease of cleaning, and lipfeel of the glass were much more to my preference. Your burl wood stem looks like it's got a smoother finish to my eye.

Vehmic,

yogie

Hi fellow amphibians,

Regarding the wood stems. Does the Pear or Blackwood have any smell to them? For example, I had a thuya burl stem for a dyna and it smelled like a pencil, in my opinion. That was a huge turnoff for me.

Based on my vapman, I'm guessing Pear doesn't have a strong smell. I don't have any Blackwood to compare...

Thanks!

fangorn

@Vehmic...
tastes and colors... are not up for debate... if your lips reject wood... go with glass!
maybe you can use your handstand stem like Wpa... it works great with a J hook!

and my cherry burl stem is less smooth than the pearwood one!!
the sensation on the lips seems similar to me.

my curly maple stem is the smoothest. but it is also the one which tints the flavor of the vapor the most.

@yogie...
I can't help you much... wood will always tint the flavor of the vapor more than glass, which is really neutral.

I find that the “smell” of the pearwood stem is negligible.
I don't have a blackwood stem... I have an ebony Vapman, but I haven't tested it yet, so I can't compare with my pearwood Vapman.

For these questions... I think Dan is best placed to answer... but he's way too busy for that!
(has anyone ever imagined their salary taking into account their hourly rate?!)
but as he made pipes before, he certainly must have studied the different woods...

Basically, I asked for a briar burl stem... it's a "common" material for making pipes... so I suppose it's a neutral wood in terms of taste...
for those looking for a neutral option, you'd have to ask Dan, but I guess it would be a good choice!

one day, I will order a blackwood stem... I will then be able to compare 😁

fangorn,
Reactions: Vehmic

fangorn

Hey!

I came across a newspaper article which mentioned the first observation of a fungus growing on a frog...

I could only think of my lichen toad and other toads with mushrooms....

that's it... just a fun excuse to post on this thread, isn't it...!

edit:
pardon @Stonedbadger
I was preparing my message when you posted yours...
I didn't mean to interfere with your message at all!!!

Electrofever

I was preparing my message when you posted yours...
Ahah, and I was answering to Stonedbadger !

Lovely :) Is that button made of lichen ? It seems Fangorns has the same ?
I came across a newspaper article which mentioned the first observation of a fungus growing on a frog...
The parallel with the Toads you mention seems obvious ;) but the pic seems weird :worms:

Duba

Accessory Maker
toad-s.jpg

Copacetic

Do any of you fellow Toad owners have access to the capsules for the POTV Lobo? ( or any of the Fury/Rogue variants).
I'm wondering if they could be used in the Toad/Nomad the same way that Mighty capsules are used in the Tinymight, I.e. the capsule is dropped into the vape rather than inserted into the stem. The stem is then inserted until it meets the capsule and holds it in place for use.
The stem would stick out 10-11mm further than usual.

The Lobo capsules are reportedly 12.5mm dia' so sound like they'd possibly drop past the O-rings quite readily.
It might be a pain to remove a spent capsule if it's snug and won't drop past the O-ring, but worst case scenario would be briefly removing the base-plate and heater to allow the capsule to be poked out from below with the tamping dowel or something similar.
I think the other non Lobo capsules might be fractionally smaller, which might function worse, or better?

If anyone can think of a different capsule that's about 13mm let me know as that might be worth considering too.
I imagine the S&B Mighty capsules would be too big?

I'll post this question over in the Nomad forum too so I don't miss anyone who might be able to answer.

Copacetic,

Electrofever

I don’t have any of those capsules, but I am quite curious of the idea :) The capsule will have to be the diameter of the stem, if not some hot air will pass outside of the capsule ? And won’t it ‘break’ the air dynamics through the heater and the stem as they were thought in the beginning ?
If any one gives it a try, I am interested in the result :tup:

Electrofever,
Reactions: Copacetic

brucepatty

Each up close picture makes it easier and harder to wait, such a paradox. Have any of y’all named your toads ? (Like how one might name a car)

brucepatty,

Copacetic

I don’t have any of those capsules, but I am quite curious of the idea :) The capsule will have to be the diameter of the stem, if not some hot air will pass outside of the capsule ? And won’t it ‘break’ the air dynamics through the heater and the stem as they were thought in the beginning ?
If any one gives it a try, I am interested in the result :tup:
You may be right, but these issues should also present themselves in the Mighty capsule/TM model but many folk seem happy with the results.
Perhaps the majority of heated air is forced through the capsule by the stem simply being up against the capsule. It won't be a perfect seal but it seems like maybe it doesn't have to be?
Perhaps the Mighty cap's are a closer fit than the Lobo's would be in the Nomad and it won't work as well.
Hopefully someone has some Lobo cap's and can tell me what the clearance is like through the O-rings and into the Toad body.

Copacetic,
Top Bottom