The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Quiet in here. Any progress? I need distraction from an insane world...
We have to wait for new snap disc moulds to be able to continue testing. It takes a couple weeks and there is a long holiday coming next week so I don't expect much in the following 2-3 weeks. :(

I'll get a couple final models without snap discs and hopefully good visual gauges next week and send them out to a few lucky customers who left a review.

PeePhlegm

We have to wait for new snap disc moulds to be able to continue testing. It takes a couple weeks and there is a long holiday coming next week so I don't expect much in the following 2-3 weeks. :(
Just being nosy here, are the difficulties with the snap disks a combination of having to set them to a higher temp due to this being a ball vape as well as the large distance between the disk from the actual bowl itself? Was getting clicks at a higher temperature proving difficult with the older moulds?
I'll get a couple final models without snap discs and hopefully good visual gauges next week and send them out to a few lucky customers who left a review.
I have a reload and revolve but they were purchased for me for a birthday present (great friends ha), I have the order number etc and the shipping receipt, would I be able to make a review based on that or do I have to be the direct purchaser? Don't forget your boy left you a nice tempest manual review lmao 🤣

PeePhlegm,

RedZep

Would a recent Reload MK2 purchase and review get me into the draw?

Had mine for couple of weeks and loving it.

RedZep,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@Brenyo it could be that you just can't get the snap disk to click at the right time. I understand you can swap them out later?

This would not be the end of the world. The Dani Fusions snap is way off. However I have got used to counting to 10 after the click. Slightly annoying but something you get used to.

I would get it as good as you can get it, but maybe perfection is unobtainable.

oddjobold,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Just being nosy here, are the difficulties with the snap disks a combination of having to set them to a higher temp due to this being a ball vape as well as the large distance between the disk from the actual bowl itself? Was getting clicks at a higher temperature proving difficult with the older moulds?
The distance definitely matters, but it should be further away from the bowl to get the desired effect (however the lag will be bigger). The normal snap disc in these devices click at a much lower temp than what you'd expect. It's not easy to delay the click long enough in this shape and size and increasing the concave doesn't help after a point, neither making it thicker. We have to find a new shape that can work and delay it enough.
The higher the disc temp (the closer it is to the actual temp) the smaller the lag.

I have a reload and revolve but they were purchased for me for a birthday present (great friends ha), I have the order number etc and the shipping receipt, would I be able to make a review based on that or do I have to be the direct purchaser? Don't forget your boy left you a nice tempest manual review lmao
You can leave a review with his name and email on the bottom of the product page, that way I can verify the purchase.

Would a recent Reload MK2 purchase and review get me into the draw?
Any review made this year counts if the purchase can be verified.

@Brenyo it could be that you just can't get the snap disk to click at the right time. I understand you can swap them out later?

This would not be the end of the world. The Dani Fusions snap is way off. However I have got used to counting to 10 after the click. Slightly annoying but something you get used to.

I would get it as good as you can get it, but maybe perfection is unobtainable.
I'll def give it a few more tries first, 10s is just way too much.

shadymilkman

They look incredible - thanks for sharing a bit of the BTS.

Are there two different caps or is that some sort of sleeve (one seems shorter, could just be a proto and more final version)? What are the small rectangle pieces above the black tips in the second video?

And someone said there were no more questions..

kokolokokolokon

Got some pics of the first colors, these are not final yet
No! NO! I already knew what color combo I wanted! Back to indecision :doh: thank goodness the release will take some time 🤣 what color is the one next to the purple and the green? Like turquoise, it is very beautiful even for a colorblind

Damn you!
Thank you!

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Are there two different caps or is that some sort of sleeve (one seems shorter, could just be a proto and more final version)? What are the small rectangle pieces above the black tips in the second video?
The sleeve is for induction compatibility and airflow control, it goes on the end of the cap.
The rectangle pieces are the leather case tags in matching color.
Like turquoise, it is very beautiful even for a colorblind
Light - metallic blue and dark blue on the 1st pic

TankeyPankey

Has it been mentioned all that will be included in the box?

Also, for the twisting mouthpiece that controls airflow, how loose is it? I'd like to keep it unlocked, but I'd be worried about accidentally spinning it and adjusting the airflow.

TankeyPankey,

helmet_

The sleeve is for induction compatibility and airflow control, it goes on the end of the cap.
Im a bit confused about this, can you go more into detail what the difference is between these two caps pictured? Is the smaller cap just the internal part which the non colored sleeve sits on top of?

Also, for the twisting mouthpiece that controls airflow, how loose is it? I'd like to keep it unlocked, but I'd be worried about accidentally spinning it and adjusting the airflow.
This has not been a problem for me with my revolve gen 2.

helmet_,

kokolokokolokon

Im a bit confused about this, can you go more into detail what the difference is between these two caps pictured? Is the smaller cap just the internal part which the non colored sleeve sits on top of?.
In the image: they are the same caps. But the one in the bottom have the external layer for induction and set the airflow and have the “calibration module” (where the temp indicators are). It is just he showed it disassembled (the top one)

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The distance definitely matters, but it should be further away from the bowl to get the desired effect (however the lag will be bigger). The normal snap disc in these devices click at a much lower temp than what you'd expect. It's not easy to delay the click long enough in this shape and size and increasing the concave doesn't help after a point, neither making it thicker. We have to find a new shape that can work and delay it enough.
The higher the disc temp (the closer it is to the actual temp) the smaller the lag.

You can leave a review with his name and email on the bottom of the product page, that way I can verify the purchase.

Any review made this year counts if the purchase can be verified.

I'll def give it a few more tries first, 10s is just way too much.

How many seconds were the last batch of disks, off ideal vaping temp.

oddjobold,

helmet_

In the image: they are the same caps. But the one in the bottom have the external layer for induction and set the airflow and have the “calibration module” (where the temp indicators are). It is just he showed it disassembled (the top one)
Cool thanks, wasn't 100% sure that I was understanding it correctly´ but I do now 👍

Wiggle

I was just going to go with a black and raw joint on some basic shit, I don't trust drawings and graphics of the colorways on a lot of these color jobs. But after seeing the videos of some of these colors with my own eyes, oof, making it hard to not go for the fancier aesthetics lol.

This will be a tough one. Too pricey to grab two, but just enough FOMO to regret just copping one colorway. FML, they've done it again :rofl:

RedZep

I was just going to go with a black and raw joint on some basic shit, I don't trust drawings and graphics of the colorways on a lot of these color jobs. But after seeing the videos of some of these colors with my own eyes, oof, making it hard to not go for the fancier aesthetics lol.

This will be a tough one. Too pricey to grab two, but just enough FOMO to regret just copping one colorway. FML, they've done it again :rofl:
Got the Reload MK2 recently. First thing that struck me was how gorgeous the colour was. Pictures don't do it justice. I was going to get all silver Tempest but now I'm going for Blue.

RedZep,
Reactions: Wiggle

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've been thinking about ordering my Tempest like the one Brenyo is using with the three flame lighter, silver body and blue shell, but those pictures showing the purple and yellow are pretty attractive too. I guess I'll have to make up my mind when the colors appear final.

TankeyPankey

I'm hoping/wondering if they're going to get a rainbow color option like the Revolve.

Does anyone know with a lot of use and cleanings, do these color coatings ever fade/chip off?

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: Nebelmann

kokolokokolokon

I'm hoping/wondering if they're going to get a rainbow color option like the Revolve.

Does anyone know with a lot of use and cleanings, do these color coatings ever fade/chip off?
The last image shows the rainbow color 🌈

And i have the blue revolve gen2. I use to clean it every week (or twice if I vape a lot of hash) with ISO, i like to keep it clean. The blue keep it stunning since the first time i get it (i think almost a year)

Feyd2blak

So many pieces to play with... Lookin good, even sounds good, that metal on metal. hasn't helped the colour decision at all here either :o reviewed the reload recently so fingers crossed!

Top Bottom