The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

PeePhlegm

It's not easy to delay the click long enough in this shape and size and increasing the concave doesn't help after a point, neither making it thicker. We have to find a new shape that can work and delay it enough.
I wonder would adding an small outer rim/wall around the low expansion side of the disc cause it to take more temp to click. Like a really shallow metal dog bowl with a raised concave base.
You can leave a review with his name and email on the bottom of the product page, that way I can verify the purchase.
Done :)
I've been thinking about ordering my Tempest like the one Brenyo is using with the three flame lighter, silver body and blue shell, but those pictures showing the purple and yellow are pretty attractive too.
Yea the purple and yellow/gold looks so good. The colour gradient looks really nice. I was hoping gold would be an option. Even just a gold heat shield with the rest silver. Or blue with a gold heat shield. It's gonna be pretty tough to decide lmao

RedZep

I wonder would adding an small outer rim/wall around the low expansion side of the disc cause it to take more temp to click. Like a really shallow metal dog bowl with a raised concave base.

Done :)

Yea the purple and yellow/gold looks so good. The colour gradient looks really nice. I was hoping gold would be an option. Even just a gold heat shield with the rest silver. Or blue with a gold heat shield. It's gonna be pretty tough to decide lmao
Purple/Gold looks amazing. I'll be going for a more subtle colour, as I plan to use Tempest as a portable outdoors also. Only Snoop Dog would rock Purple/gold outdoors. I wouldn't carry it off :rofl:

TankeyPankey

Just so I'm understanding the hype around this correctly, this is a portable ball vape, offering ridiculously good flavor and also ridiculously large vapor production.

The variety of ways you can adjust flow path, bowl size, and heating temperature all allow the user to fine tune the experience to the situation (more flavor, more vapor, etc.)

On paper this sounds like the end all be all butane vape, correct? Is there anything I'm missing?

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: RxPlorer

PossumMD

({
Just so I'm understanding the hype around this correctly, this is a portable ball vape, offering ridiculously good flavor and also ridiculously large vapor production.

The variety of ways you can adjust flow path, bowl size, and heating temperature all allow the user to fine tune the experience to the situation (more flavor, more vapor, etc.)

On paper this sounds like the end all be all butane vape, correct? Is there anything I'm missing?
For me, it's the visual indicator that has me excited. I go to festivals where you spend a couple days camping, battery vapes don't cut it out there. Butane ones are good and all, but the only ones I can use are ones you "feel" like the sticky bricks, lotuses etc. A click is useless when the bass is so loud you can feel your heart vibrate. So, I just combust at these events (the way I see it, vaping stops me combusting like 99%, a couple of weekends in a year of combusting ain't the worst thing in the world). This *should* enable me to get through a weekend of heavy use, with an easily refilled "battery" (in this case, the battery is a torch. Cos, really, the gas is energy and the torch stores it. That's a battery to the chemist in me).

PossumMD,

mcscruffy

I'm hoping/wondering if they're going to get a rainbow color option like the Revolve.

Does anyone know with a lot of use and cleanings, do these color coatings ever fade/chip off?
Pretty sure it's anodized titanium. The color will hold well if so. It should the same anodizing process used on titanium medical equipment. The black is not a color in the anodizing spectrum for titanium, though, so I'm not sure how that one is done unless it's done using a heat method vs electrical current. Maybe those are just coated?

The anodizing layer itself is actually clear, which is neat to me. The color comes from the way the transparent oxide layer reflects light. I have a titanium OMD grinder I had anodized electric blue (~85V). The natural oil from my fingers can change the color to more of a purple. Fun stuff!

Anyway, titanium anodizing is used to protect all sorts of jet/rocket/medical equipment and in the application we're using it here I don't think you have to worry about it coming off very easily. It WILL scratch, however, so if you drop it on concrete or it rubs against an abrasive you can expect the finish to be affected.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So given all the schmutz that is collected by the filter before the tip in the Gen 2 I can't help but wonder if any or how much of it gets through and out the MP in the Tempest. Is this something that people have noticed or is it too little to be concerned about? Does it tend to build up in the mouthpiece and increase the need for cleaning, or does it come through?

cybrguy,

RedZep

So given all the schmutz that is collected by the filter before the tip in the Gen 2 I can't help but wonder if any or how much of it gets through and out the MP in the Tempest. Is this something that people have noticed or is it too little to be concerned about? Does it tend to build up in the mouthpiece and increase the need for cleaning, or does it come through?
That's it's job though? The cooling spirals cool but also filter particulate that sticks. I don't think "this vape needs cleaning" is something we ought to worry about. It's true of all vapes.

Ease of cleaning is a concern I have with vapes, and by all accounts with Tempest is as easy as it gets. Put it in a doob tube with some iso or dish detergent, shake.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your point.

RedZep,
Reactions: RxPlorer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The filter at the end of the cooling unit has been eliminated on the Tempest. I am asking if, in actual use of the Tempest, that change has bothered anyone.

cybrguy,

RedZep

The filter at the end of the cooling unit has been eliminated on the Tempest. I am asking if in actual use of the Tempest it has bothered anyone.
It still has two cooling spirals though. So no particulate will be reaching the mouth.

I only think Brenyo in this thread has been testing the device so far. Few others who I don't think are here.

TankeyPankey

It still has two cooling spirals though. So no particulate will be reaching the mouth.

I only think Brenyo in this thread has been testing the device so far. Few others who I don't think are here.
Can't you bypass the cooling spirals though? Also, the Revolve had a very similar design, but still apparently caught plenty.

TankeyPankey,

RedZep

Can't you bypass the cooling spirals though? Also, the Revolve had a very similar design, but still apparently caught plenty.
I will take your word for it. I'm just comparing it in my head to similar devices like the Anvil.

RedZep,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
None, it doesn’t go through the bowl’s screen

TankeyPankey

Brenyo, is the temperature indicator correct on the current iteration of the tempest? I know you're waiting for the snap discs, but I'm curious about how the temperature indicator works. Honestly if that works good, I wouldn't really need any sort of snapping. As long as there's some way to tell when you're around 180 c vs 200 c vs 220 c, then that'd be perfect.

Lame request, but any chance we could get a breakdown video showing this temp indicator as well as the how you open/load in new balls? I know it's new tech so I'd understand if you wanted to keep it hidden until release.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well come on, Man... :lol:

Just kidding, It'll be ready when it's ready, I get it. Don't let us push you into releasing till you are ready. I want my Tempest, but I want one that I'm not gonna need to upgrade soon...

Top Bottom