The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Petetbay

Does that mean i could just get a bowl/cap and it'll fit on my MVS Simrell stem?
Yes any DV stems.
Will the cooling be sufficient with it?
Remains to be seen, it produces a lot of heat, some stems can get overwhelmed by that much heat and not provide adequate cooling of the vapor. :2c:
Also how well can i vape bubble hash in it?
Sure, but I would use hemp fiber/wool to keep the bowl clean, hash can really gunk things up.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Does that mean i could just get a bowl/cap and it'll fit on my MVS Simrell stem? Will the cooling be sufficient with it?
Way more calories of heat pumped into the Tempest than with a DV. Have three Simrell stems but don't anticipate being able to use any of them because of being too hot to hold. Glass/wood might be an option.

HashOnMyMind

Alright i might just have to go for the full titanium kit then.

Btw i prefer using Butane over IH as they go quicker and provide usually more umph.
Will the cap get super dark and gunked up with a jet lighter like with the Dynavap?
Will i ruin the cap if i only use Jet lighters?

HashOnMyMind,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
How do you know?
I have a Thermal Accumulator. I know it's not the exact same vaporizer and I know it uses a slighlty different cap material (the Tempest it's magnetic), but I can comfortably say after 9 months of extensive (daily) use of the TA with a big torch that the cap won't turn black. Also I haven't noticed any gunk buildup on the cap Dynavap caps are way thinner than this. YMMV

ETA: Just to clarify: it won't look as shiny as new, but it's far from a dynavap cap wear while using a torch.

Last edited:

PeePhlegm

He can see how the cap get dark on the youtube videos
I think, but don't quote me, that when Brenyo posted that video he explicitly said that the cap material was an unfinished beta of the magnetic stainless steel so it wouldn't look that discoloured on the actual devices. Maybe you could go back and have a look or maybe the man himself will reply.

kokolokokolokon

he said to ignore the ugly cap because it is unfinished.

I think, but don't quote me, that when Brenyo posted that video he explicitly said that the cap material was an unfinished beta of the magnetic stainless steel so it wouldn't look that discoloured on the actual devices. Maybe you could go back and have a look or maybe the man himself will reply.
You could literally have done it instead of writing that comment..:lol::lol::freak:

kokolokokolokon,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I've yet to try the final cap, but I'm sure that it will discolor from the heat. It won't be as bad as the beta though.

shadymilkman

No final caps and still working on the disc calibration, sounds like we're still a couple months out.. a good time to practice patience. Take your time, Brenyo.. overwhelmingly excited. With that said I think I'm going to try some SiC spheres to complete the range (boro + zirc) once this thing comes in.

RedZep

No final caps and still working on the disc calibration, sounds like we're still a couple months out.. a good time to practice patience. Take your time, Brenyo.. overwhelmingly excited. With that said I think I'm going to try some SiC spheres to complete the range (boro + zirc) once this thing comes in.
I would be interested to hear back from you if you experiment with Sic. Would it increase heat up time significantly? I know they are better for heat retention.

Could be the perfect device to try them. Sic balls are overkill in electric ball vapes as they are plugged in. But a portable butane device, could be amazing. Especially if we get a 0.2g bowl in the future.

Last edited:
RedZep,

shadymilkman

I would be interested to hear back from you if you experiment with Sic. Would it increase heat up time significantly? I know they are better for heat retention.

Could be the perfect device to try them. Sic balls are overkill in electric ball vapes as they are plugged in. But a portable butane device, could be amazing. Especially if we get a 0.2g bowl in the future.
Based on some of the numbers they should heat up more quickly and hold that heat longer. How that affects the taste and experience is yet to be seen.. but for OTG I'm looking for a replacements for a smoking experience - Brenyo is going to get it right so I'm good waiting. I will let the thread know how the SiC perform in this context.

RedZep

@Brenyo Would you foresee any problems with us experimenting with SIC balls? Would it potentially throw the visual indicator off?

RedZep,

Brenyo

Manufacturer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Quiet in here. Any progress? I need distraction from an insane world...

cybrguy,
Top Bottom