Discontinued The Sublimator

Your Highness

Cannasseur
For myself the only flaw seem to be that the stock grill doesn't quite fit perfectly so I have to re-position it a bit sometimes before I add the herb. But when I dump out the spent bowl the screen just falls right out, it never gets dirty, and I can pick it up pretty much immediately to throw it back in and not get burnt. I think as residue builds up with use it may fit better but who knows.

If you bend the original screen ever so slightly, you can get it wedge in there nice and snug...and it stays in place. The original screens work great IMO.

Your Highness,
Reactions: grokit

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
I suggest purchasing these
http://www.iolite.com/3-pak-spare-mesh-screens.html

With the screen facing up.

One of the best filters. Solid, but hot to touch since its not as thin as the screen that comes with the sublimator

You will get the herb out for sure since it doesn't really leave any gunk. Only found the littlest layer of oil on the other side. Easy to clean for sure. -promise-
Please consider using this as I find this works out so much better.
I use this all the time which is why I'm recommending it to everyone[/

Secret to FC, I got an earlier version of it that came with it. It fits snug and you can pan toss the screen if not perfectly align.
Will take pic of it!

Your Highness

Cannasseur
i see you have the steele concepts bong. how does it make w/ the apollo?

It works well. The 18mm Atomizer fits directly into the SC for direct dry hits...or you can put in a 18/18 downstem and fill it with water and glycerin cubes. Works great! My set up though, is to mate my Sub with my SG...that's how I'm rolling ATM. The heavy SG works very well with the Sub as far as balance. It's very stable.

Your Highness,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

grokit

well-worn member
if you end up tapping that screen while upright and it spins, ur whole load drops down.
i often load two hitters and like to do a quick stir in-between. this was making it miserable for me. now it's no stress. but seriously, do what ya like people, it's ur fuckin' toy!

Yeah man, I wouldn't recommend stirring your load with just the stock grill that's fo sho!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
It works well. The 18mm Atomizer fits directly into the SC for direct dry hits...or you can put in a 18/18 downstem and fill it with water and glycerin cubes. Works great! My set up though, is to mate my Sub with my SG...that's how I'm rolling ATM. The heavy SG works very well with the Sub as far as balance. It's very stable.

thanks!
I suggest purchasing these
http://www.iolite.com/3-pak-spare-mesh-screens.html

With the screen facing up.

One of the best filters. Solid, but hot to touch since its not as thin as the screen that comes with the sublimator

You will get the herb out for sure since it doesn't really leave any gunk. Only found the littlest layer of oil on the other side. Easy to clean for sure. -promise-
Please consider using this as I find this works out so much better.
I use this all the time which is why I'm recommending it to everyone[/

Secret to FC, I got an earlier version of it that came with it. It fits snug and you can pan toss the screen if not perfectly align.
Will take pic of it!

nice! seems a little wide of micron size, but a good alternative to the enrico screen. got some ordered!
Yeah man, I wouldn't recommend stirring your load with just the stock grill that's fo sho!

so i have been so subbed i forgot to mention that i got my variety screen pack and my jamband suggested spoons. a spilling pinch fits me perfect. or an exact hint for two hit loads.

i already had figured out what i was gonna do w/the screens and it's working great so far.
so you know how sometimes when poking full loads you spin the screen dropping herb lower into the atomizer and gettin contaminants down into the oil? i took a micro screen, did 10 loads or so thru it to make it pliable. each time using one of those small screwdrivers w/ the hex head that spins to push it in a little when getting it inserted flat. after each load i'd kinda pull the bare edges all in one direction to curve them ever so slightly and made sure that it was in with the edges curved up towards the top.
after the 10 bowl or so and a bit of final working i got it centered and then POP, pushed it perfectly centered down into the lower part of the chamber. success!

now i insert a normal enrico screen and when it spins or i poke it wrong and stuff drops, it doesn't fall into the oil chamber!

i had already mentioned that's why i was doing it. so when you asked if it's not broke, why fix it? i kinda got peeved cuz people seemed to be saying my idea lacked merit, without fully considering it. personal pet peeve, all good in tha 'hood

also, any word back on EQ users as to the viability of those screens?

Bob Loblaw,

grokit

well-worn member
I've heard rumours from someone that Enrico is creating a screen that snaps into place so that the screen doesn't come out unless you poke through other side

Now that sounds promising.

Bob I have never found the need to stir my load in the sub, that's the whole point of instant full-spectrum extraction. To me.

I have a couple of times dropped a load too big for a single hit, or even dropped a fresh load on top of a spent one, and I still have found no need to stir. And coming from SSV land I am prone to stirring.

Overall I do prefer minutely-sized one hitters the most by far with the sub, you get so much for so little!

Darb

I've been rotating the two factory stainless screens. Mine lock in when pushed down a little and never shake loose. I have to clean mine every third or fourth day I guess but I vape constantly when awake. It's a real pain poking a pin through every hole in the screen too!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I've been rotating the two factory stainless screens. Mine lock in when pushed down a little and never shake loose. I have to clean mine every third or fourth day I guess but I vape constantly when awake. It's a real pain poking a pin through every hole in the screen too!

mine came lodged down and it seemed to get more stuck with expansion/contraction over the days. had to pound it out, that's part of why i started looking for alternatives.
as to cleaning it, i just hold w/ hemostats (pliers) and torch the gunk off, it usually gets flaky and picks off clean, my two cents

Darb

When I drop my screen the clean atomizer it stops on the first little ridge. I then use a pen to kinda force the screen down another 1/4 inch or so until it bottoms again. I can't even push it back out without some force. Is everybody else just letting the screen rest on the very first ridge?

Darb,
Reactions: Stu

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
When I drop my screen the clean atomizer it stops on the first little ridge. I then use a pen to kinda force the screen down another 1/4 inch or so until it bottoms again. I can't even push it back out without some force. Is everybody else just letting the screen rest on the very first ridge?

i am, due to some discussion 'tween enrico and tweek, iirc.
he said it should stay up top, again, i believe

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
Can't stop quoting myself so much,

If you're having difficulties with the sublimator, please use the iolite screens!

Tommii,

Tweek

Can't stop quoting myself so much,

If you're having difficulties with the sublimator, please use the iolite screens!

We hear ya ;) I believe those are what Enrico likes to use as well. Would be nice if they came in an ultrafine, but I guess one could drop another screen on top with no trouble.

grokit

well-worn member

I haven't tried pushing on them, they seem a bit undersized but not enough to go past that first ridge and they are quite rigid.

That's what I'm doing, it's too big and rigid to go past, but it's too small to fit perfectly so it falls out with the spent load.

I think that leaving the grill on the top ridge is best for vortex and atomization efficiency, as it leaves the most room for the atomizer to do its thing.

That's what I took from watching Enrico's explanations, and it's working very well for me.

grokit,
Top Bottom