Discontinued The Sublimator

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Grokit you have the sub with the timer right? Is there any way to turn this off? If not how long does it stay on before it shuts off?

NinjaMindTriks,

Monsoon

I made it through the whole thread, now I'm slightly impatiently waiting for the Sub to ship. Still in stock too for pre-orders for anyone wanting to get one before September.

One thing I was wondering, does the cord/box run straight into the Apollo or does it plug-in? Basically what I'm getting at is that once the box has matured a bit could we buy it as an upgrade/replacement and just plug and play?

Monsoon,
Reactions: Dopevape

grokit

well-worn member
It's pretty unique. You can activate the timer for 5, 10, 15 & 30 minutes; there's also a button to turn the timer off. Normally you would set it for 30 minutes, and in 15 minutes the indicator light moves to the position next to the 15 minute button and so on until it gets to the off button.

So for example if you just want it on for 10/15 minutes, or bump the heat for 5 minutes, this timer will accommodate that kind of thing. And there are two ways to turn this unit off: with the zero timer button, and by turning down the heat intensity dial all the way until it clicks off.

I have inquired a couple of times in this thread to see if there is any way to override the timer but have not gotten a reply. It's kind of a pain but safety first I always say.

edit: Monsoon, the box is hardwired with a cord on either end; one to the outlet and one to the apollo heating device.

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Thanks for the info grokit. I wish I would have gotten one before the timer. I like to leave my vape on throughout the day so it's always there, ready to go whenever I am.

NinjaMindTriks,

grokit

well-worn member
If you're electrically inclined I'm sure it would be pretty simple to bypass the timer with a switch, but it would certainly void your warranty. I would think that the timer is about the only thing that might malfunction, it's really a pretty simple unit even if it offers a thoroughly complex result :freak:

grokit,
Reactions: Monsoon

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
1)there's also a button to turn the timer off.

2)And there are two ways to turn this unit off: with the zero timer button

3)I have inquired a couple of times in this thread to see if there is any way to override the timer but have not gotten a reply. It's kind of a pain but safety first I always say.

i don't understand the contradiction between statements one and two and statement three

first you say that you can turn it off with a button, then you repeat that w/ a name calling it the zero timer button. then you ask if you can override the timer? isn't that the same thing

Bob Loblaw,

grokit

well-worn member
Right, there's no way to set the unit to remain on for more than 30 minutes, so I'm constantly glancing at it/resetting it. It's kind of a bummer to be that in touch with linear time, at times.

I suppose besides safety it helps one conserve medicine even more...

:bigleaf:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I suppose besides safety it helps one conserve medicine even more...

Maybe so, but it would drive me crazy. I'm thankful that mine has no timer.

I hated the Cloud's auto-off as well, but thankfully the WeMo solved that issue. I don't think the WeMo would reset the Sub, though. Unless re-setting the power somehow resets the Sub's timer? Grokit can you confirm/deny that the power reset affects the timer in any way?

:peace:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
just had my first hits of sub oil
reminds me of winterized absolute amber in terms of flavor profile, while having the physical attributes of a sap w/out the use of solvents. not nearly good as fresh flower, but waaaay better than reclaim. and probly around the area of top quality leaf oil (in terms of flavor)

not too shabby

Monsoon

If you're electrically inclined I'm sure it would be pretty simple to bypass the timer with a switch, but it would certainly void your warranty. I would think that the timer is about the only thing that might malfunction, it's really a pretty simple unit even if it offers a thoroughly complex result :freak:

There's also the cord itself, accidents happen or you leave it out one night and the next day your pet's chewed through the cord. I know a lot of high end headphones have user replaceable cords, it's a nice feature and saves sending it back for repairs. Maybe Enrico can see about implementing that in a future revision. One way to implement a portable version if it uses the same heater would be to just plug it into the battery or the AC depending on the situation.

Right, there's no way to set the unit to remain on for more than 30 minutes, so I'm constantly glancing at it/resetting it. It's kind of a bummer to be that in touch with linear time, at times.
Stu just said you can turn it off. Then if you want a timer you can just buy a separate one.

Monsoon,

grokit

well-worn member
There's also the cord itself, accidents happen or you leave it out one night and the next day your pet's chewed through the cord. I know a lot of high end headphones have user replaceable cords, it's a nice feature and saves sending it back for repairs. Maybe Enrico can see about implementing that in a future revision. One way to implement a portable version if it uses the same heater would be to just plug it into the battery or the AC depending on the situation.

Stu just said you can turn it off. Then if you want a timer you can just buy a separate one.

Stu also said his has no timer, that his is different than mine. I cannot bypass the timer without modding/voiding the warranty. The 10-year warranty if I'm not mistaken?

Good point about pets, also if the apollo itself just happened to fall onto the cord it would melt right through :o

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Stu also said his has no timer, that his is different than mine. I cannot bypass the timer without modding/voiding the warranty. The 10-year warranty if I'm not mistaken?

Good point about pets, also if the apollo itself just happened to fall onto the cord it would melt right through :o

no timer here, good for use, bad for safety
have really serious burn on inside of arm, but the shea butter means i'm not feeling it. if this had been last summer and i was still using aloe i'd be a lot more bummed about it. i have sat on the cord too close, pulling the heating unit off and down onto my couch and pillows more than once. i use a clamp now to pin the small dial controller to the table or shelf, depending on whether or not i'm "in session".

as much as some 500 deg. safe covers would be a better choice ( in terms of function, not legality), it would diminish the awesome steampunk aesthetic

seriously have had 4 of the 5 people who have seen this up close say "steampunk" within the first paragraph of response. the other said it eventually, just took another paragraph

grokit

well-worn member
I was just thinking that if the timer politely beeped a few times when it got down to 30 seconds or something, it would be a bit less of a bother.

Or on second thought perhaps more of one :|

No timer on the UFO lol :D

grokit

well-worn member
To Turn on the timer model without auto off press and hold the 30 button for 2-3 seconds until the light on the bottom turns orange now you will have to turn it off yourself

Fuck yes! I mean thanks for posting that!

I knew there had to be a bypass, that's why I asked, twice before!

I also had asked bubblebags via email but they never got back to me.

I guess the third time's the charm :cheers:

Monsoon

no timer here, good for use, bad for safety
have really serious burn on inside of arm, but the shea butter means i'm not feeling it. if this had been last summer and i was still using aloe i'd be a lot more bummed about it.

as much as some 500 deg. safe covers would be a better choice ( in terms of function, not legality), it would diminish the awesome steampunk aesthetic

My personal favourite for skin abrasions and burns is virgin coconut oil ideally infused with cannabis. Seems to help reduce scaring too.

You don't necessarily need an ugly covering, it could just be a metal grate an inch or so away from the piece, just far enough so that if an appendage wanders close to it, it will just touch the warm grate on not the hot bowl.

hassan

Connoisseur
I like that the timer version has a bypass - I was worried about having to be extra careful with my first edition Sublimator if it meant I could never get one that wasn't limited in some way in the future.

I think that there should be a two-hour setting on the timer in the future - personally, that'd be the only way I'd ever consider using it.

Then again - I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum where I don't actually remember the last time I turned the Sublimator off.

I'd say it's been at least two weeks.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
My personal favourite for skin abrasions and burns is virgin coconut oil ideally infused with cannabis. Seems to help reduce scaring too.

You don't necessarily need an ugly covering, it could just be a metal grate an inch or so away from the piece, just far enough so that if an appendage wanders close to it, it will just touch the warm grate on not the hot bowl.

also excellent, calendula and aloe are great for healing as well and any of the above mixed together and/or with full spectrum rso (even abv coco oil)
wifey and i use the coco for the ends of our long hair when they need a little boost (a little goes a long way and no more than once a week, kinda like nature's V05 hot oil from bitd)

that grating idea is awesome! i don't do a lot of caps or bold, but i really hope Enrico catches this one!

I like that the timer version has a bypass - I was worried about having to be extra careful with my first edition Sublimator if it meant I could never get one that wasn't limited in some way in the future.

I think that there should be a two-hour setting on the timer in the future - personally, that'd be the only way I'd ever consider using it.

Then again - I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum where I don't actually remember the last time I turned the Sublimator off.

I'd say it's been at least two weeks.
right there with ya. and at $30 for repairs it's no stress.
agree with ya on 2hr timer. i do ramp mine down to 15 kw when not in use.

so i have been so subbed i forgot to mention that i got my variety screen pack and my jamband suggested spoons. a spilling pinch fits me perfect. or an exact hint for two hit loads.

i already had figured out what i was gonna do w/the screens and it's working great so far.
so you know how sometimes when poking full loads you spin the screen dropping herb lower into the atomizer and gettin contaminants down into the oil? i took a micro screen, did 10 loads or so thru it to make it pliable. each time using one of those small screwdrivers w/ the hex head that spins to push it in a little when getting it inserted flat. after each load i'd kinda pull the bare edges all in one direction to curve them ever so slightly and made sure that it was in with the edges curved up towards the top.
after the 10 bowl or so and a bit of final working i got it centered and then POP, pushed it perfectly centered down into the lower part of the chamber. success!
now i insert a normal enrico screen and when it spins or i poke it wrong and stuff drops, it doesn't fall into the oil chamber!

Tweek

I had a burn on my inner arm as well...it took on the basic shape of the apollo and looked like a wrinkled old penis :lol: I think it might scar too...an interesting story to tell...my penis shaped scar :spliff:

I will sometimes double screen the original sub screen with a fine PV screen for more stability as well.

Dopevape

I had a burn on my inner arm as well...it took on the basic shape of the apollo and looked like a wrinkled old penis :lol: I think it might scar too...an interesting story to tell...my penis shaped scar :spliff:

I will sometimes double screen the original sub screen with a fine PV screen for more stability as well.

on the burning part
Well The Verdamper has the same problem with burns and such if you aren't carefull but there is a handle to pick the heating element up or off the cup same like the Sublimator. All you should do is give it a nice spot on the desk with the heat injector holder. I'm gonna replace my Verdamper with the Sublimator same setup power supply + holder next to my monitor and Adapt-a-bong in reach as my other vape has been on standby for 2 years continuous on. I turned my old vape off now... with pain in my heart hehe it is weird. But hell Sublimating gets my right back up there and i cannot get over the smoothness of the Sub!!
Will try to make a pic when i get my stuff cleaned up here and the Adapt-a-bong in the house ofcourse.
peace

Top Bottom