Discontinued The Sublimator

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also use coconut oil/cannabis on any skin affliction I have, and also use it as moisturizer, esp. around the eyes and face/neck. It's keeping me looking much younger than I am.

I'm also glad to see there is some way to bypass the timer. I don't know how soon I'll have more fundage to put towards the enailator, so I might miss the window of getting one without the timer in line. I have also been in touch with PV and I don't know if it got discussed here, but I had some fluctuation in my wattage even though the dial was not being moved, and it turns out that when I turn on my window AC it lowers the current getting to the Sub a bit and it reflects in the wattage readout. I tested it yesterday and sure enough that was the culprit. So if you are sharing power with other appliances, you might see a more of a fluctuation in the power on the Sub.

grokit

well-worn member
Hi grokit, we had right clicking disabled for security reasons, sometimes that causes more inconvenience than benefits. Thanks for your suggestion, right clicking is now active.

Sublimator t-shirts
For everyone making videos to win a new Sublimator we have new Sublimator t-shirts and more apparel so you can impersonate Enrico even more closely. They will be on our site....with photos this week.

Thanks again PV, I didn't notice this in your post but I just noticed that it worked today on your site so I backtracked, it's a much better browsing experience now! Can't wait to see those t-shirts!

grokit,

Brayden

the dank one
also excellent, calendula and aloe are great for healing as well and any of the above mixed together and/or with full spectrum rso (even abv coco oil)
wifey and i use the coco for the ends of our long hair when they need a little boost (a little goes a long way and no more than once a week, kinda like nature's V05 hot oil from bitd)

that grating idea is awesome! i don't do a lot of caps or bold, but i really hope Enrico catches this one!

right there with ya. and at $30 for repairs it's no stress.
agree with ya on 2hr timer. i do ramp mine down to 15 kw when not in use.

so i have been so subbed i forgot to mention that i got my variety screen pack and my jamband suggested spoons. a spilling pinch fits me perfect. or an exact hint for two hit loads.

i already had figured out what i was gonna do w/the screens and it's working great so far.
so you know how sometimes when poking full loads you spin the screen dropping herb lower into the atomizer and gettin contaminants down into the oil? i took a micro screen, did 10 loads or so thru it to make it pliable. each time using one of those small screwdrivers w/ the hex head that spins to push it in a little when getting it inserted flat. after each load i'd kinda pull the bare edges all in one direction to curve them ever so slightly and made sure that it was in with the edges curved up towards the top.
after the 10 bowl or so and a bit of final working i got it centered and then POP, pushed it perfectly centered down into the lower part of the chamber. success!
now i insert a normal enrico screen and when it spins or i poke it wrong and stuff drops, it doesn't fall into the oil chamber!

Wicked idea man, I have my variety pack of screens as well I ordered a week ago and I already have. ill be trying this. Im a little bummed I didn't think of it first lol. thanks bob

hassan

Connoisseur
Pretty sure Jam and Tweek tried something like this and decided it wasn't worthwhile - but I may be mistaken.

hassan,

Paul 8888

I like that the timer version has a bypass - I was worried about having to be extra careful with my first edition Sublimator if it meant I could never get one that wasn't limited in some way in the future.

I think that there should be a two-hour setting on the timer in the future - personally, that'd be the only way I'd ever consider using it.

Then again - I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum where I don't actually remember the last time I turned the Sublimator off.

I'd say it's been at least two weeks.

Depending on what I am doing the 30 minute timer actually works OK This is how I use it . . .Touch the 30 button and when the next light down comes on you have preheated 15 min. When the next light comes on you have preheated for 20 min. Usually 15 to 20 min preheat I think is ideal. I usually do 2 small hits before the timer turns off. Or I hold the 30 min button to turn it on for the next few hours. So you could say I use the timer to tell me when it is hot enough to use and not have to stare at the clock.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Pretty sure Jam and Tweek tried something like this and decided it wasn't worthwhile - but I may be mistaken.

yeah, I had a small screen over the threaded portion of the atomizer, and it just clogged up really fast, but it did keep my sublimate oil cleaner. I am finding that I have to pull my screen every other day or so anyway to clean it, so I still have to take my atomizer apart. Either way it's about the same amount of work.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yeah, I had a small screen over the threaded portion of the atomizer, and it just clogged up really fast, but it did keep my sublimate oil cleaner. I am finding that I have to pull my screen every other day or so anyway to clean it, so I still have to take my atomizer apart. Either way it's about the same amount of work.
so same amount of work either way, but w/ small screen oil is better?

Bob Loblaw,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I find that my original screen works perfectly. I had to shape it a tad bit but it rests nicely in the bowl just a hair below the first lip. All I need is a quick tap on my metal tray and the whole load comes out cleanly in a puck. The screen stays amazingly clean and clear. In fact I haven't done anything to my screens or bowl/atomizer in like 2 weeks. This device to me is very easy to clean and maintain. And the oil is nice and clean that I have been collecting. I am feeling so connected to my Sub right now....

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You know, I have not tried using just the original screen yet... I will give that a try. I was set on keeping the oil as clean as possible so I've got the original screen topped with one of the ultrafine PV screens, which is why I have to clean it every other day. My original screens now have a divot in the center from being pressed out with a poker, and seem to be staying in place better now too. I just did a hit using only the stock screen and it was a lot easier on the airflow than using the ultrafine (which makes sense) and if I don't have to clean it as often, I will be a happy camper.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
did you try a small screen down inside AND a normal screen up top?
that's what i'm doing. the main enrico screen stays up top and does the bulk of the work,
the small screen is down below to catch any crap that may fall. i vaped about an eighth yesterday and the micro screen looks untouched, no clogs

Bob Loblaw,

grokit

well-worn member
All I've been using is the original screen grill and it works like a champ, I've never felt the need to clean it so far either. Why fix something that's not broken? I'm sure if off the shelf screens were an improvement Sublimator wouldn't have bothered to manufacture their own.

From what I've read they did do a bit of R & D on this thing :tup:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I can try that again next time I take it apart. I just cleaned it yesterday. Is the smaller screen of average mesh? I have some regular and some ultrafine screens to work with. What I'm trying to do is avoid having to take it apart so often, so I may just skip that smaller screen and stick with the stock one for a while. I worry that it's wearing on the threads doing it so often as I have, plus I have to separate them hot so they will turn, otherwise the oils bond it together if I cool it first, so working with it can be a little challenging.

I am wondering if the threads were to wear out on the stem, if that part would be covered on the warranty??

jambandphan03,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
All I've been using is the original screen grill and it works like a champ, I've never felt the need to clean it so far either. Why fix something that's not broken? I'm sure if off the shelf screens were an improvement Sublimator wouldn't have bothered to manufacture their own.

From what I've read they did do a bit of R & D on this thing:tup:

don't know why i'm getting all this resistance, but do what you want.
actually in one of enrico's videos he shows his very plant matter filled jar of sublimate and in another talks about how planetvape is getting small micron screens for the same reason.
do what ya like, but how much sublimate and/or oil have you seen? is it clean?
as an oil user (and many others here are) this has some importance

I can try that again next time I take it apart. I just cleaned it yesterday. Is the smaller screen of average mesh? I have some regular and some ultrafine screens to work with. What I'm trying to do is avoid having to take it apart so often. I worry that it's wearing on the threads doing it so often as I have, plus I have to separate them hot so they will turn, otherwise the oils bond it together if I cool it first, so working with it can be a little challenging.

I am wondering if the threads were to wear out on the stem, if that part would be covered on the warranty??

i am using an ultrafine screen in the lower section. it's just a particle catcher, so it doesn't get clogged easy.
the metal is stainless and has a 10 yr. warranty so i would assume so?

Tweek

My sublimate, even with the fine screen, still has enough impurities to cause some combustion. I am sure there are tricks to minimize this, but I find it too much of a bother to try.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
My sublimate, even with the fine screen, still has enough impurities to cause some combustion. I am sure there are tricks to minimize this, but I find it too much of a bother to try.

again, were you using the fine screen only or my method?
you know what, nvmd.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

again, were you using the fine screen only or my method?
you know what, nvmd.

lol globlaw, it's me dude...I wasn't trying to get into whatever debate you guys were having, just commenting on the state of my sublimate as you inquired.

I am using a double screen. The really fine one from PV topped with Enrico's.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so it seems I've been doing the opposite, putting the fine screen on top, and it's getting gunked up fast being in direct contact with the flowers. I'll keep experimenting and find which works best for me.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

grokit

well-worn member
you know what, nvmd.

It's nothing personal, I just find that I'm getting great results out of the box!

I've got a few bits here and there in my base but don't really have any residue to speak of yet. Who knows, as I get into the remnants I may find that I want to filter out more particulates as well. But I'm nowhere near that yet and I've put at least 5 high-quality grams through this thing.

The only time I have felt the need to run a pipe cleaner through the atomizer so far is when I forget to put the screen back in at all lol!
:smug:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
lol globlaw, it's me dude...I wasn't trying to get into whatever debate you guys were having, just commenting on the state of my sublimate as you inquired.

I am using a double screen. The really fine one from PV topped with Enrico's.

thanks man, just trying to get some data out there and back, but it seems to be coming w/ other stuff attached. sorry for the reaction, didn't sleep well and the 'mares are being hard to shake. shoulda stepped away, but thanks. and i am pretty sure i misinterpreted your post. i thought you were saying that you had done it, but crap still got thru, so fuck it.
but it looks like you are doing my same version and that while it helps, it still leaves a bit of plant matter. that the plant matter is enough to combust still, and more COULD probly be done, but that the two staggered screen setup is enough work for you?
how often do you have to clean the smaller screen in the bottom?
srsly tho, thanks for commenting back and sorry for the snap, i'd say it was at least 69% on me, but thanks for taking your share, go back to what you were all doin, lol

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
I use the iolite screen. Doesnt clog at all or anything. It works great and fits great. It's just that bastard piece is too hot to touch when trying to change bowls.

Canada Post decided to halfarse again.

Not one attempt to go to my apartment.
Was looking down, no truck.

Delivery notice card? NONE.

Going to have to go to post office like always

Smh so hard

MfXdSj0.jpg

Tommii,

Tweek

No worries ;)

I don't really find the need to clean the screens at all so far. I know Al the Alchemist apparently gets really pure amber, but I think he mainly vapes bubble hash (I could be wrong here)...so I would imagine if he is using some pretty pure stuff, it would be easier to manage contaminates? I just find that unless you are really diligent, plant matter slips in there one way or another.

Hope the nightmares slip back into pleasant dreams soon, my friend

grokit

well-worn member
For myself the only flaw seem to be that the stock grill doesn't quite fit perfectly so I have to re-position it a bit sometimes before I add the herb. But when I dump out the spent bowl the screen just falls right out, it never gets dirty, and I can pick it up pretty much immediately to throw it back in and not get burnt. I think as residue builds up with use it may fit better but who knows.

grokit,
Reactions: hassan

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, i'm guessing bubble and oil users are gonna get a cleaner oil in general.

thanks man, it's appreciated
For myself the only flaw seem to be that the stock grill doesn't quite fit perfectly so I have to re-position it a bit sometimes before I add the herb. But when I dump out the spent bowl the screen just falls right out, it never gets dirty, and I can pick it up pretty much immediately to throw it back in and not get burnt. I think as residue builds up with use it may fit better but who knows.

if you end up tapping that screen while upright and it spins, ur whole load drops down.
i often load two hitters and like to do a quick stir in-between. this was making it miserable for me. now it's no stress. but seriously, do what ya like people, it's ur fuckin' toy!

Top Bottom