Discontinued The Sublimator

jambandphan03

in flavor country
after about a week of use... keep in mind I am using mostly flowers and a little bit of bubble hash here and there.

JiXvwsl.jpg

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Wow just read through this entire thread and am I craving a sublimation session! Anyone have one in the north bay california that would be willing to let me try ;)...

I am ready to spring for a high end vape, and now I am stuck between a cloud and this guy. AHHH, they're like the same price too. I DONT KNOW AH!

Elluzion,
Wow just read through this entire thread and am I craving a sublimation session! Anyone have one in the north bay california that would be willing to let me try ;)...

I am ready to spring for a high end vape, and now I am stuck between a cloud and this guy. AHHH, they're like the same price too. I DONT KNOW AH!

I live in Northern Cali :) But I only own a cloud ATM. I would really love to also try the Sub

VapeNStone,

weedemon

enthusiast
you boys and girls should get one. be careful though! one fuck of a burn on my forearm, but the sub is still the vape im using! only my solo has been used once because I needed portability. all other vapes are on standby. :p

my summary of the cloud vs sub

taste: cloud wins
choking full spectrum extraction (- some of the flavour) = sub wins.
durability: sub wins (even though it's so new haha the track record of the clouds reliability speaks to this for me)
safety: cloud wins. (sub = ouch in weedemons books!)

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
you boys and girls should get one. be careful though! one fuck of a burn on my forearm, but the sub is still the vape im using! only my solo has been used once because I needed portability. all other vapes are on standby. :p

my summary of the cloud vs sub

taste: cloud wins
choking full spectrum extraction (- some of the flavour) = sub wins.
durability: sub wins (even though it's so new haha the track record of the clouds reliability speaks to this for me)
safety: cloud wins. (sub = ouch in weedemons books!)

Yeah i do like the safety of the cloud cuz lets just say i am not the best around hot things, but i like how quick and simple the sub is.. Looks like a great 1 hitter.. :p

The only issue is i dont have a nice piece of glass or any glass in fact to run this through ( i would want the adaptabong). I usually vape dry.but i do love glass hits too.. Any ideas? Or cheap alternatives, or donations ;) ha...

Elluzion,

that herb guy

Yeah i do like the safety of the cloud cuz lets just say i a not the best around hot things, but i like how quick and simple the sub is.. Looks like a great 1 hitter.. :p

The only issue is i dont have a nice piece of glass or any glass in fact to run this through ( i would want the adaptabong). I usually vape dry.but i do love glass hits too.. Any ideas? Or cheap alternatives, or donations ;) ha...

I guess it depends on your interpretation of cheap. I've just been browsing for a simple stemless natural perc tube. Found one on Ioffer for ~120, looks like it would work well with an adapter/AC on it to collect oil.
(http://www.ioffer.com/i/18-50mm-x-7mm-stemless-water-pipe-boro-glass-520017559)
18-50mm-x-7mm-stemless-water-pipe-boro-glass-a193.JPG

Edit: Oh shit! didn't even realize that was Jhan until I scrolled further down. He's got his own thread on here somewhere.

that herb guy,

that herb guy

Nope, I assume since that poster said they usually take dry hits, a perc was unnecessary and would just add expense. There is also a 45deg straight tube (not stemless) with no perc for $75 (I'm browsing around still). That with a 45 deg ashcatch would be a pretty cheap, larger volume (~14") piece. And at 7mm, sounds like could handle the weight of the sub OK. Just need to make sure that AC joint is strong.

14-50x7mm-super-thick-glass-water-pipe-straight-3121.JPG

that herb guy,
That is too much IMHO for a percless piece. That first piece shouldn't be more than $80 and that second piece should be $40 tops. Once again IMHO. I didn't make them so I can't make the decision on what to charge for them, but I have bought lots of bongs in my career lol and I know what they are worth. I saw a really nice honey comb bong really thick in the headshop the other day for $80. IDK who this Jhan person is but I don't his glass is worth much more than the others I've seen. Looks well made but to simple for the price IMHO.

VapeNStone,

poonman

Nope, I assume since that poster said they usually take dry hits, a perc was unnecessary and would just add expense. There is also a 45deg straight tube (not stemless) with no perc for $75 (I'm browsing around still). That with a 45 deg ashcatch would be a pretty cheap, larger volume (~14") piece. And at 7mm, sounds like could handle the weight of the sub OK. Just need to make sure that AC joint is strong.

Ya I like that one ,
I feel the same way about the percs , it may be too much dilution to taste .
I figure I can save the $ 250 diff . with the AAB kit and get my own tube/bong made of glass .

Is that the only diff. you get between the AAB kit and the Entire kit for $ 750 ?
or is there electrical stuff also ?

tia

poonman,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I want to know FC,,, is this a great vape JUST for flowers? i am just not into concentrates at the moment, but was wondering if you think it would still be worth it it just for vaping flowers on their own..

Elluzion,
Reactions: poonman

that herb guy

That is too much IMHO for a percless piece. That first piece shouldn't be more than $80 and that second piece should be $40 tops. Once again IMHO. I didn't make them so I can't make the decision on what to charge for them, but I have bought lots of bongs in my career lol and I know what they are worth. I saw a really nice honey comb bong really thick in the headshop the other day for $80. IDK who this Jhan person is but I don't his glass is worth much more than the others I've seen. Looks well made but to simple for the price IMHO.

I don't set prices, but I figure most pieces in the price range you are talking about are 4-5mm. If it wasn't 7, I would be saying the same. There are many blowers on here who I am sure would work out a negotiated price over PM's :cool:.

And honestly if you're going retail unless you are getting a deal or there is a sale, I'd expect to pay about 100 locally for a straight tube, no perc. Would probably come with a downstem, but with the sub it wouldn't be used anyway.

Ya I like that one ,
I feel the same way about the percs , it may be too much dilution to taste .
I figure I can save the $ 250 diff . with the AAB kit and get my own tube/bong made of glass .

Is that the only diff. you get between the AAB kit and the Entire kit for $ 750 ?
or is there electrical stuff also ?

tia

It may be cheaper to buy the bundle, or most cost effective I have not researched the glass/pieces that come with the sub honestly. Most of my interest is in that apollo piece.

that herb guy,

poonman

It may be cheaper to buy the bundle, or most cost effective I have not researched the glass/pieces that come with the sub honestly. Most of my interest is in that apollo piece.

I think the tube it comes with , is Not made of glass .
If that's the only diff . between the 2 kits ?

Plus I already have a bubbler/percs that may fit it , that's all .
But is there other gear too , I get with the $ 750 kit ? besides the tube ...

poonman,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So, I am back to using a double screen in my Sub. For a few daze, I had just the fine mesh screen in there, and it seemed to me that the hits were just not milking up as well as they should have been, so when I went to clean the screen, I put the thicker, stock screen with the holes back in, and then the fine mesh on top of that to keep everything in the bowl when I tap out the load. (long ass sentence:lol:) Now I am getting the super dense milky hits again. What I think is happening, the stock screen is thicker metal, and retaining more heat than the mesh alone, giving better results, and faster too. It seemed to take a couple of seconds to get the milky vapor to start up when it was just the mesh screen alone. Now it's just instant milk again with the stock screen in there. I do think the fine mesh is helping filter the debris from the sublimate oil that is building up below. It looks pretty clean to me. The fine mesh screen does require more regular cleaning though to keep the air flow good.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I think the comparisons, and the contrasts, are valuable information for this thread.

Function, form, and effects. It has helped to read several reviews, insights, and wild ideas from others, for me to make the (highly personal) decision to direct my VAS elsewhere. I do LOVE the videos, and all the reviews! Maybe further down the road, this might become a tool in my arsenal.

Tweek

I'm all for comparisons by folks that have used both....I really don't mind constructive questions and suggestions by those still on the fence either. What I hate, is people sniping in here or elsewhere with comments along the lines of

"Oh my gawdz people say they are getting burns from the subliminator. Holy crapz you need two hands to use it as well. I'm gunna get the cloud instead. Sounds too risky lulz"

When what they could of said was

"I am torn between this unit and the cloud. One of my concerns with the sub, is that it seems to have alot of exposed areas that get hot. Is it really as dangerous as it sounds?"

etc, etc.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
When I was yakkin back n forth with PV, he made mention that they would soon have a specialized glass tube with a whip attachment for the Sublimator (they're hoping for the beginning of August). He also mentioned they were producing their own reclaimer made to accommodate the Adapt-A-Bong atomizer in both 14mm and 18mm sizes and that production of this reclaimer already started and should be available next week already.

I sit totally enthusiastic to adding these options to my Sub post haste :tup:

Paul 8888

With a Sublimator Special Edition Kit I believe the tube is some kind of plastic is this correct? Has anyone thought of drilling a "clear hole" in the plastic, seems like it would be easy and safe too
Paul

Paul 8888,

Tweek

With a Sublimator Special Edition Kit I believe the tube is some kind of plastic is this correct? Has anyone thought of drilling a "clear hole" in the plastic, seems like it would be easy and safe too
Paul

For a carb you mean? I think they have one drilled into the bottom...could be wrong, but there was a video with one that way.

Tweek,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Why not buy an old school plastic bong? I bet you can get them real cheap now.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom