Discontinued The Sublimator

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by PlanetVape, May 25, 2013.

1. Detonator

Detonator Well-Known Member

These
    fine lotus screen from mendocino therapeutics. are Awesome... Great air flow and they are springy,,, but still stay in... Just the right size... I am also appreciative to the other forum member that sent me a stock screen....

Been Vapin and grokit like this.
  2. Detonator

Suicide Flower Hits of Lemon Haze straight to to Face.... Good Morning Sub Nation...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. TurboVape

TurboVape Member

Looks really nice and frosty :)

How often do you guys soak your atomizers in ISO? I've already managed to fuse one together..... whoops

4. Phajik

Phajik Well-Known Member

Hey Team, Been a long time since i've posted on here. Anybody ever make the stupid mistake of cleaning the seasoning layer right off the heating head? I did it by using OXI Clean and am now in the process of trying to season the Titanium again because it tastes like shit. Curious if this has ever happened to anyone else?

You can just turn the Sub on full blast for 12 minutes and it will unscrew easily with denim or welding gloves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  5. HJS777

HJS777 New Member

BV = Beyond Vaporisation

PV = Planet Vape. This is a Canadian site dealing in CAD. I have both sites up on tabs right now.
    http://www.planetvape.ca/

BV = Beyond Vaporization. A Canadian site that deals in USD. These are the people who manufacture it.
    https://sublimator.ca/

PV is a online dealer who sells the product for the same price as BV but in CAD! Deal with them as u will save a sh*tload of cash.

Disclaimer:I have nothing to do with Planet Vape besides a being a potential customer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  6. TurboVape

TurboVape Member

Thanks for the advice, but I think it's past the stage of repairing. The bowl ontop of the atomiser just spins round, I'm guessing oil has damaged the threads.

In other news, I worked out why my Sub had become a bitch to draw on. The two metal tubes either side of the hose were completely clogged. I wondered why I hadn't got any sublimate yet, looks like I just found it! So I spent a good 30 minutes scaping all the oil out. I tried a dab just before I went to bed last night, and wow it was an experience. I think the dab was waaaay too big, as I've never been that high before in all my 10 years if toking. 11hrs later and I'm still slightly high, with a bit of headache.

TerrorTwist and grokit like this.
  7. brucee10

brucee10 Well-Known Member

I only get one side of my tube clogged after several months. It's so much cleaner and tastier. I still get tons of sublimate in the bottom of my base launcher, it's just a little dirty.

8. HJS777

HJS777 New Member

Correct.

Update: After canceling the order and getting confirmation email from BV about it. They still sent it to me. I kept it. But i think i have an issue with it. In it does not shut off the heat. I have to unplug it to cool down. I have emailed BV almost 2 weeks ago them about it and have not heard from them yet. Is this normal about the heating?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  9. TurboVape

TurboVape Member

No I don't think that's normal, mine cools down when I press in the middle of the dial (i.e turning the monkey controller box off)

Sounds like you might possibly have a faulty controller unit :/

10. TurboVape

TurboVape Member

Thanks for the advice, tried this today and the welding gloves worked a treat :) Have submerged it all in ISO for a good soak......now what to do for the rest of the day without a Sub

11. CanoVet

CanoVet Skilled professional

Anyoneknowhow sublimator.ca is doing. Are they gonna come out with more stock anytime soon. Hope to make a purchase as soon as possible. Need to get to subbinin soon.

12. rodders83

rodders83 High temp Indica lover

Seasoning layer? Someone could they explain please i am buying a Sub in the next few months and i like to gather information and guides. So what is this seasoning layer and where is the heating head? He means the bit on top has a layer that should never be scrubbed?

Confusing, Also is the stock dry? New model inc? TY TY /bows

13. brucee10

My Ti heat anodized when I first got it. I've stripped it off a few times and it hasn't affected taste for me.

Teedub likes this.
  14. sin0c

sin0c New Member

My friend bought it 3-4 months ago and I use this beauty about once a week
    After each hit I tell myself "holy shit it tastes like Jesus's vagina"

Then I pull the ABV out and it's still greenish. I'm still wondering how I am able to get such a big tasty hit and have the herb still this color!

It's the only desktop vaporizer I've tried, I use my Arizer Air else

grokit and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  15. brucee10

Just wait till the ABV is a solid brown and one bowl puts you on the moon. I loved my Cloud Evo, and I still have it, but nothing compares to how quickly I can reload the Sublimator and the quantity/quality of the vapor. Get your friend a Kind Ash Cache and they'll love just being able to tap the atomizer on the center hump to empty it.

Detonator, Teedub, sin0c and 2 others like this.
  16. Detonator

I had been wanting one of those Kind Ash Cache for a while.. glad you posted that cause I just ordered this one, in Rasta colors - http://www.ebay.com/itm/271690066938

17. grokit

grokit well-worn member

I use the other rubber ashtray with my sub, tap dat ash.
    [​IMG]
    I like it, but those kind ones look nice :tup:

Teedub, Mister G, Detonator and 2 others like this.
  18. C-weed

C-weed Well-Known Member

Hello ladies and gents.....I have a couple of questions for you seasoned sublimator veterans....im in the market for a sublimator..money is no concern.....first..is the titanium worth the extra $?....second...I use flower 80% and wax/concentrates about 20% of the time....does the heater style really play that big a role in extraction/vapor delivery....for example does the dabmaster differ that greatly from the Apollo for flower?...and finally what glass perc is best to put my adapt a what ever I choose into?... I was planning on having a good friend of mine, Craig Graz blow a recycler or whatever glass piece would best suit this device....all input is greatly appreciated and I thank you all....happy vaping.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  19. grokit

grokit well-worn member

There's a sublimator v2 thread that's more active with their current gear, this is more for the og model so you may have better results with your request over there. Good luck & happy trails to you :tup:

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  20. Pee on the Universe

Pee on the Universe New Member

Hope all is well been viewing this thread since page (best sub news honestly)

My monkey controller broke ( opened the box, connectors straight off the circuit board)
    I've been contemplating to take a electrician for a resauter(SP?) or however you spell that word but what if there's no fixing? Thought about just dropping the $$$ for a brand new controller but once i thought about that shipping i smoked and be putting off ever since loll.

Any recommendations Subworld?

Detonator likes this.
  21. brucee10

If it's just unsoldered, it should be an easy fix. I saved a $2000 guitar amp with $15 worth of an electricians time a few years ago.

22. Pee on the Universe

Pee on the Universe New Member

That was my first option but has me deferred from the situation is how to go by the whole electrician thing, (pardon the ignorance) never dealt with a electrician loll. Hopefully it isnt a 65 dollar job

23. brucee10

I took it to a TV repair center. They had all the equipment and basic electronics knowledge.

24. Detonator

Have you opened it up?

Take picture of it and post it up here... anything obliviously come undone?

grokit and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  25. JRR22611

JRR22611 Well-Known Member

Dabmaster owners:
    Has anyone noticed rusting (or at least the colour and texture of rust) on the threaded heating probe?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors