• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Sublimator

Vapodudule

You will have to form a very thin disk of your load for him to expose to heat widely. after 1 or 2 hits, open and crumble more with a pike, hang on to your hair for the next 2 or 3 hits coming.

Sublimator is a very powerfull device so the hash will vape by consequence.

I think you are going to produce lots of sublimate using this starting material.

Vapodudule,

neogitus

Does anyone have a set color they set their temp to on the sub? I've been noticing ( I think at least) that lately my sub has been giving all types of different heat and diff temps, sometimes when I go to my gfs , I will get ridiculous hot hits with less taste on the second green light, as with sometimes at home. Right now I am smoking my dabmaster on the first red dot because it was giving weak hits at even the 3rd-4th green light. When I take an I-R gun its maxing out around the top part at 385f , am I just being paranoid or should the third green light be above 325f? I feel like sometimes i get much better hits at the same temp on diff days than others.

neogitus,

Teedub

I leave mine on 7 or 8 (3rd and 4th green light) depending on ambient temp all the time. Sometimes I bump it up to the first red dot (9) if its really cold. And when hot in summer its down on 7. Is it possible its just ambient temp of the different places? The sub just sets it's watts at a certain number and that's your temp there's no auto adjust for your background temp it will just be the same wattage every time.

If you can buy a plug in power meter that measures watts. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/TS-836A-Energy-Voltage-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00E945SJG
Then it will show you what your sub is actually doing.
From my short term memory I think mine is 46.8 watts on Max Green (8.5) and 58.5 on max max (12)

Also I notice it with all my vapes, sometimes its better than others. All the minor details affect the final hit. A bit more moisture in the air, in the we.ed, different ambient temp, slightly variation in grind, vape pre heated for different time, etc etc etc oh and for me theres also: Im wasted and over thinking! haha

CheeseSandwich

Not really a big concentrate guy but got some cheap lately. Hadn't used the Sub in ages...I did forget how well it does dabs.

CheeseSandwich,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Quick question for anyone that still has an older version of the Sub!

I just picked up a brand new, in box Sub for a ridiculous price, so I had to buy it!

It is an older model with the square timer box with the white buttons on the front and a dial on the right hand side.

Any tips or guides on how to use it would be most appreciated as it did not come with any manual or instructions. Don't want to destroy it on its maiden voyage!

It was a special version with black anodized parts and sponsored by Skunk Magazine!

Tried to find a manual online but was not successful!

Hoping for a journey to Jupiter tonight!

6 hours later and i am seriously medicated off my first REAL Sublimator hit!
Took a while to figure the black box thingy out.... White buttons and a dial?? And zero instructions anywhere!
Buttons are for timer and can be reset, nice and simple, just watch the lights!
Dial is for temp up and down, find your spot and leave it there!

Takes a bit to heat up but once it does, buyer beware!! This beast hides something heavy!
Let everything heat soak for a bit and hit it hard!!
Mesmerizing watching the vapor spiral, thick and white from a tiny pinch of material!
ABV is perfectly brown.
Effects come on nice and strong as well! Still have to mess with dial settings to get better flavor profiles.
Also looking into doing the LCD mod to make temp setting more convenient!

Last edited:

creationdivine

@lazylathe Glad to hear you are enjoying the Bentley of vapes. If you hold down the 30 minute timer for a few seconds you can override the timeout. The light will change from green to orange, then you don't have to worry about resetting it every half hour!

Also though, as @CheeseSandwich mentioned those earlier units tend to have issues down the road. Mine lost significant wattage and now I just keep the dial maxed out. Eventually I plan to cut my cord too and just use a dimmer switch for the dial.

grokit

well-worn member
Thanks guys!!
It really did medicate me to another level last night off minimal material! Off to a great start!

This is the digital screen mod I was talking about, seems simple enough to do!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Sublimator-LCD-touch-screen-mod/?ALLSTEPS
That's very cool, kind of the opposite of my heavy-duty analog house-wiring solution. Your controller box was serviceable, that's a step up from mine which was insanely filled to the brim with hot glue :mental:

lazylathe

Almost there...
That's very cool, kind of the opposite of my heavy-duty analog house-wiring solution. Your controller box was serviceable, that's a step up from mine which was insanely filled to the brim with hot glue :mental:

That was not my controller, i just found it searching for Sublimator mods.
I thought it was neat and i will most likely go that route if my box fails.
So far it does not make any buzzing noise and i unplug it from the wall after each use.
I am very gentle on my vapes so hopefully it lasts a long time!
Also tempted to upgrade to the newer heater and controller if mine breaks!
But for now this beast will do!

I had my first very successful session tonight.
Ground up some material and loaded it up and turned everything on.
Let it heat soak for a good 15 minutes and start hitting it gently to warm everything up below the heater.
I keep hitting it until the vapor starts to thicken, it is whispy for a while as i am still new to this vape.
This primer session is pure flavor with decent clouds that are blue to white towards the end.

Once the first load is done it is time for some serious white walling to commence!
Load up a new pinch of herb and let heat soak for a few seconds.
Slowly start to pull and just keep speeding up! Finish it if you can!
Tube fills so quickly it is crazy! Throat has a coolness to it that disappears on exhale! Holy coughing!
Head races rapidly to the clouds and beyond...

It's good when it's hot!!

lazylathe,
Reactions: grokit

lazylathe

Almost there...
I finally have found the flavor area on the dial!
This damn sub gives you numb brain after every use!
From the first session i told myself to find a spot on the dial and just leave it there, seems easy enough.
Add the Sub to the equation and there i am turning the dial off and unplugging it after each use...

So i will try again tonight and see how it goes, i do not hold great hope as the Sub is a beast of a device!
5 days in of solid use, it still feels like the first time!

I have now hooked it up permanently to my RooR bong and it is super smooth hit after hit!
An excellent "Black Friday" purchase! I can see it being upgraded though for more precise control!
I may even go the dial dimmer similar to the E-Nano one. The dial is hard to use imo.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@grokit

Been reading through this whole thread slowly to figure the Sub out.
Noticed that you have been on board since basically the beginning of this vape.
Do you notice any difference between the units? Do the newer ones with the Monkey Controller work better than the older timer box versions?

Mainly want to know if it heats up any faster, maintains a set temp easier than the timer box with the dial wheel, easier to replicate sessions when turning the whole unit off VS unplugging the timer box and not moving the dial etc...

99% herb usage only, very little oil use so the Apollo is good for me.
Looking at the atomizers, they have changed so much since my old SS pretty straight Apollo heater!

lazylathe,

grokit

well-worn member
The newer subs have a dc transformer (24v?), and incorporate some kind of rheostat/temperature feedback system. My older model is sensitive to voltage and ambient temperature fluctuations like yours is, I think all the older 120v ac units are like this as they have very simple electronics, just a dimmer into a heat sink.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I wonder if a digitized version of my Apollo head would work?
Thinking something along the lines of an E-Nail controller type device.
I am sure i would just need to add a thermocouiple to the Apollo head and it would be good to go!
This way i would know exactly the temp of the head for every vaporizing situation.

Something like this:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/e-nai....html#gw-2-3|ff80808156bb905c0157265c45821a98

With one of these attached to the Apollo head:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2m-k-...uple/238418183.html#s1-15-1b;searl|2613353188

And of course an XLR connector and assorted parts.
Hmmm....

brucee10

I've wanted to look into getting a cartridge heater with a thermocouple made, but the expense just hasn't met the reward yet.

brucee10,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Talking with Auberins on options to convert my old Sub into a Digital SUB!!!

Anyone know the MAX temp the head reaches?
For now i have asked to be able to control it to 700 Degrees Celsius, i know i will stay in the 300+ range only.

If this works and is reasonably priced, we could have a winner!

biohacker

Dude, you're killing me! Trying to educate myself more on this vape, but a bit confused looking at all the different versions on PV.....adapt a bong, dabmaster, apollo, I think i'm going to need some time to get up to speed! lol

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

brucee10

Dude, you're killing me! Trying to educate myself more on this vape, but a bit confused looking at all the different versions on PV.....adapt a bong, dabmaster, apollo, I think i'm going to need some time to get up to speed! lol
I'd wait a bit to see if a few of the new enail companies manage to get the sub heaters to work with their controllers.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'd wait a bit to see if a few of the new enail companies manage to get the sub heaters to work with their controllers.

This is exactly what I am working on at the moment!
Hopefully it will be around $100 for the thermocouple and the digital controller.

This is the controller I am interested in using with the Sub:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459

I will keep updating with communications and hopefully have it up and running soon!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Parts ordered after numerous helpful e mails with Auberins!
Came to just under $100 and if it works as i hope it will, it should open the Sub up to a whole new level!
Consistent sessions and effects as well as a direct reading of the head to know exactly when it is ready.

Will update once i have it all together and tested for a while!

Still loving the Sub and using it as my daily driver!
Getting some wicked tasting vapor as it warms up, grapefruit that is tart and tangy!
Some decent outdoor bud from a friend.

Top Bottom