Discontinued The Sublimator

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
wow, did he say $700 to $1200 in the video? that would certainly be a dealbreaker for me.

IAmKrazy2,

dorkus_molorkus

Wow, I completely wrote off this unit because of the last thread, it looks like FC has done a full 360 on this.

Anyone want to be so kind to link the post/explain in point form why this unit is so different? I'll be honest, not really in the mood to read through 23 pages when I have no funds to buy it right now, but I am curious on what's special about it.

when you have the funds, you will have the motivation to read 23+ pages to find out why you should buy it.

:2c:

lolz- explain in point form??
not in the mood to read..................

But I am curious??

WTF?? Like I am bi-curious?
call me?:lol:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, the $700-$1200 price is for the kit which includes more parts, and a bong. As far as explanations...well, can't really give any with out having one in front of me first. Maybe just chill and wait for some user reviews, shouldn't be much longer now, or read and watch the vids like we did.

that herb guy

but I am curious on what's special about it.

The main idea (as far I as I understand) is that the vapor is re-heated and further broken down into smaller particles/a gas. Supposed to be a smoother, more efficient delivery process. Also I think I remember a claim that all the actives are extracted in a hit or two, but that might just depend on draw size. I know I've seen at
least one clip where they re-ran the same flower a couple of times.

Basically, it's just supposed to be a monster AFAIK lol. Something nice for the big-hitters.:brow:

Tweek

I'm awake...still not baked :D

I will try and take a reading on how fast it cools and then reheats once it gets reseated. I'm taking a wild guess right now that it reheats pretty quickly once the initial warm up is done.

Edit: Sublimators here. Be back later...maybe. :smug:

Some quick and dirty photos with my phone of the packaging:

5R2Df1K.jpg

9xHxVpp.jpg

Tweek

Yep. It's the basic type that he is using in one of his later videos. Although I need to spend a good while with it before I give any final verdicts, I will say this...Pak was right about how smooth it is. I accidentally charred my first load :doh: but didn't cough at all. All subsequent hits...not a tickle. For me that is very unusual as my lungs are pretty sensitive. Not using water btw.

Edit: One thing I won't change my mind on, is the cord. It looks like a standard lamp cord with a dial. Again, probably easy to repair on the cheap, but it frustrates me to look at this sexy hunk of crafted stainless steel with grandpas shit brown plug attached to it. Just my :2c:

Edit #2: Took some temp readings. Jamming my cheap thermometer into one of the air holes, it capped out at 500 d/f...so it was hot. I then inserted the probe up the downstem with the heater in place/ Registered around 228 d/f. This is with the unit set to my liking...dont have any numbers on the dial to reference. Duff is a medium brown.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
... and now the waiting begins ...

edit: >500°F ???? Can't touch that!

edit: can you temp the atomizer body (it's above the downstem, eh?). it's all metal - so outside contact is the same as inside temp (more or less).

luchiano

Yep. It's the basic type that he is using in one of his later videos. Although I need to spend a good while with it before I give any final verdicts, I will say this...Pak was right about how smooth it is. I accidentally charred my first load :doh: but didn't cough at all. All subsequent hits...not a tickle. For me that is very unusual as my lungs are pretty sensitive. Not using water btw.

Edit: One thing I won't change my mind on, is the cord. It looks like a standard lamp cord with a dial. Again, probably easy to repair on the cheap, but it frustrates me to look at this sexy hunk of crafted stainless steel with grandpas shit brown plug attached to it. Just my :2c:

Edit #2: Took some temp readings. Jamming my cheap thermometer into one of the air holes, it capped out at 500 d/f...so it was hot. I then inserted the probe up the downstem with the heater in place/ Registered around 228 d/f. This is with the unit set to my liking...dont have any numbers on the dial to reference. Duff is a medium brown.

Can you put the abv from the sublimator, and see if more vapor is still available by using your volcano vaporizer, starting low, and raising the temperature in increments?.

Tweek

Can you put the abv from the sublimator, and see if more vapor is still available by using your volcano vaporizer, starting low, and raising the temperature in increments?.

Sure. Maybe after dinner once my head clears. :science:

Damn Tweek.. you got yours fast as hell! You must live across the street or something?
do you feel noticeably more baked from it so far?

At this moment I am feeling pretty damn high...but I need a few days to see it's just part of the excitement of getting a new toy. :smug:

luchiano

Sure. Maybe after dinner once my head clears. :science:

At this moment I am feeling pretty damn high...but I need a few days to see it's just part of the excitement of getting a new toy. :smug:

I forgot to ask, is that 500f the highest setting or the lowest?.

Also, since the heater is so high, can you put the volcano up to it's highest temperature, and see if the effects are similar?.

luchiano,

Timothy

sexy hunk of crafted stainless steel with grandpas shit brown plug attached to it. Just my :2c:

"grandpas shit brown plug" Hilarious, I love it. I too think that for $500 they could have thrown in the stainless control box with the 3 lit buttons.

Thank you for taking the temp readings, was the 228f reading while taking a rip? or just on stand by?

Tweek

"grandpas shit brown plug" Hilarious, I love it. I too think that for $500 they could have thrown in the stainless control box with the 3 lit buttons.

Thank you for taking the temp readings, was the 228f reading while taking a rip? or just on stand by?

Just standing. Not sure how I am going to rig one while taking a rip...yet. :brow:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I think I am somewhere in between...hard to tell. But I accidentally nudged the switch up to full blast and had a mini camp fire going. :D

ha.. i have been wondering about how it would be combusting through that atomizer.. was it super smooth haha

Just standing. Not sure how I am going to rig one while taking a rip...yet. :brow:

ya that seems like a challenge.

Buildozer,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Mental note: do not go grocery shopping after a sub hit. I never knew a person could become so paranoid in the fruit department. Tweek labs closed for the night. :science:

Edit: Sorry francis...I went to blow the atomizer (rude) and accidentally took all my duff with it. I will start again tomorrow.

Top Bottom