Discontinued The Sublimator

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I checked the PlanetVape website and it says shipping is expected to begin tomorrow. :) Not sure if that was posted yesterday or today. Which means it will probably be getting into people's hands early next week.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since this thread hasn't disintegrated into chaos yet, let's try to keep it that way so we can just move it instead of opening a new thread. In other words. we're happy shipping notices have gone out but we don't need to know about every one of them. ;)

Thanks for your cooperation, good citizens.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think what would be an ideal addition for the Sub is an oil catcher that has the "Y adapter" style second chamber off to the side for carb, so you don't have to lift the hot Sub to clear it, but you still have a nice removable chamber to catch the oil in... is it possible PV??

dorkus_molorkus

I think what would be an ideal addition for the Sub is an oil catcher that has the "Y adapter" style second chamber off to the side for carb, so you don't have to lift the hot Sub to clear it, but you still have a nice removable chamber to catch the oil in... is it possible PV??

Now thats an awesome idea!
WTG girlfriend, thats using ya noodle! :tup:

I was slightly concerned about how sometimes clearing a bong looked a bit clunky(?) in its operation in some vids.

Ease of use is of the upmost concern due to my serious condition.
(I dont have any medical issues, Im just a typical Aussie & I drink alot (a real lot), so on occasions my hand to eye stuff not so good. Plus throw in the odd staggery, waggery & its a recipe for diaster)

and of course one of those knarly little reclaim catcher bottles will make it even more awesome too!

Once again, tops idea Jam.:clap:

satyrday

Is there any plans for a 220-240v international unit?

I am somewhat wary in running such expensive equipment thru a stepdown converter
I think you would be fine with a properly matched converter. Most problems are frequency related since none convert 60Hz to Aussie 50Hz, but that's usually only a problem with timing sensitive devices, especially those with motors.

With the Sublimator, the part you plug in looks about as complicated as a soldering iron (a very expensive one). Something fancier with electronics and a fan like the Herbalizer may be a different story.

sadf

From pictures of the kit, as seen here it appears that the Sublimator connects to a box which controls the current, rather than straight to a wall.

I assume that is correct of all models and that the box is simply not shown in the adapt-a-bong pictures?

sadf,

Tweek

From pictures of the kit, as seen here it appears that the Sublimator connects to a box which controls the current, rather than straight to a wall.

I assume that is correct of all models and that the box is simply not shown in the adapt-a-bong pictures?

Hey sadf. The metal temperature box is only part of the kit. If you purchase the adapt a bong, you receive a cord with a heat dial of sorts. Haven't seen it yet but will post a photo sometime tomorrow.

sadf

Hey sadf. The metal temperature box is only part of the kit. If you purchase the adapt a bong, you receive a cord with a heat dial of sorts. Haven't seen it yet but will post a photo sometime tomorrow.

Thanks.

That, along with the simplicity of the construction, makes the $500 price pretty disappointing, though I certainly do appreciate the start-up costs for a modern machine shop with CNC.

sadf,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

Are you sure about that Tweek ? I think the Apollo is the Apollo regardless which you get. At the price level it would make a (expected) speculation. Especially seeing as the descriptions are basically the same in the two.

smokum,

Tweek

Unfortunately, no...it comes with the dial. I was emailed the directions tonight and they stated that I had to turn the temperature dial on the cord. There is also a video in this thread of them being packaged, and you will notice a different cord.

Tweek,

smokum

Well DAMN !

Not that I probably won't end up getting it anyways (after I see YOU hitting some errl :p with it) .... but I hate when there is room for expectations (interpreted), not to be met when considering something.

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

I admit, I was disappointed at first, but then I got to thinking that the dial would probably be a simpler fix, should something go wrong with it vs whatever wiring is going on in the metal box with lights.

smokum

It was part of the vape geek 'bling' attraction for me... kinda manly "arrrrr arrr arrrrr" Tim Allen stylz

smokum,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Mine won't be here until tomorrow ... ie. Friday ... (I assume by tomorrow you meant later today Tweek since I'm pretty sure it's just 1-day shipping to you where you're at ... :))

JCat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You can get the model with the timer, it just isn't coming with the adapt a bong, but I am glad for this for the same reason Tweek mentioned, less to break, and really I don't want a timer to have to remember to turn it back on after just a few minutes, but then that's just me. One of the incentives to order this first round for me was to not have a timer in line. (still waiting for my ship notice btw) I'm glad some of y'all will be getting your so soon. Looking forward to the reports/vids/pics/whateva

jambandphan03,

PAZ

Wow, I completely wrote off this unit because of the last thread, it looks like FC has done a full 360 on this.

Anyone want to be so kind to link the post/explain in point form why this unit is so different? I'll be honest, not really in the mood to read through 23 pages when I have no funds to buy it right now, but I am curious on what's special about it.

PAZ,

satyrday

^^^noone's quite sure but we hope the hype is true about it being a head melter. we shall see.

satyrday,
Top Bottom