Discontinued The Sublimator

grokit

well-worn member
My mark is much closer to the middle of the dial than that, but you'll figure it out!

grokit,
Reactions: CG420

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
^^I'd listen to these guys as I didn't have my Sub in front of me and was just guestimating.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
When I first got mine, I guesstimated where the middle was and went from there. I found my spot and used some liquid paper to mark it, it wavers sometimes but my sweet spot has not changed.

Even if I had gotten it wrong, it's good to have a reference.

The kill-a-watt is interesting because it lets me know what's going on as far as how much power is being consumed, but the mark is more important for me in daily use.

grokit,
Reactions: Stu

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Holy shit. I'm so subbed out that I rode my bike home at 2 AM. I couldn't even see haha. Keep on subbinnin subculture!

satyrday

Hope the Sub isn't a vape market killer, at least for home vapes. Haven't had a wandering eye for a new vape since I got it.

I was an early one to report on it (after Tweek) and I still haven't properly cleaned it. But I'm not heavy duty on it like some peeps. Still, I use it a few times a week and it's required almost zero maintenance except for occasionally poking through a skewer stick.

Haven't even cleaned my glass yet, but I use it dry. I need to though if only from a hygiene standpoint. It's starting to get pretty clouded up and a bit gummy.

Even my pyrex duff tray hasn't been cleared out. I'm afraid to eat it since I've been mixing with an herb known to cause people to wander the desert in search of dead grandparents, and talk to imaginary souls trapped in hot water heaters ... when digested intestinally. Eventually I may cap one up and give it a shot.

poonman

nope not yet but u be the first to know when time , you are aware that the ti upgrade will cost amore tho !!!

Hey @Enrico n @PlanetVape ,
I don't need the Ti upgrade , but it would be nice .
I just wanted to know if the LED temp. control is ready for sale with the Sub ?

That stuck with me since I tried it out twice with you .
I think that piece of upgrade is what I would need .

poonman,
Reactions: Brayden

Tweek

When I first got mine, I counted how many turns it took to get max, and then backed off by about half and went from there. The KW really makes it easier though.

poonman

Any of you FC'er's interested in starting a MassDrop for the Sublimator?

I can start a poll on MassDrop if theres enough interest on here to get things going.

Well , who doesn't like a discount or savings on their purchase .
But ,
1. I didn't think the Solo massdrop offered that much savings ...if any .
2. The logistical difficulty of expedited shipping , I think some are still waiting .
3. Massdrop for which piece of Sub ? Maybe a % discount across the board would be better ?
4. Can Enrico supply aprox. 200 Subs at once ?

But I do like your thinking dude .
Hey @ Enrico ,
200 Subs X $ 500
Do you feel like making $ 100,000 this week ? ( aprox )

Last edited:

eLiguL

Well , who doesn't like a discount or savings on their purchase .
But ,
1. I didn't think the Solo massdrop offered that much savings ...if any .
2. The logistical difficulty of expedited shipping , I think some are still waiting .
3. Massdrop for which piece of Sub ? Maybe a % discount across the board would be better ?
4. Can Enrico supply aprox. 200 Subs at once ?

But I do like your thinking dude .
Hey @ Enrico ,
200 Subs X $ 500
Do you feel like making $ 100,000 this week ?

I think the people that saved the most were outside of the US. I bought one and it came out to $137CAD(Im in Toronto too btw) which is a good deal for me at least.

I started a poll so we can decide which kit most of us are interested in:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/sublimator--beyond-vaporization

Once we have proven enough interest MassDrop can negotiate the details of the discount/logistcs with Enrico.

Last edited:
eLiguL,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

I think the people that saved the most were outside of the US. I bought one and it came out to $137CAD(Im in Toronto too btw) which is a good deal for me at least.

I started a poll so we can decide which kit most of us are interested in:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/sublimator--beyond-vaporization

Once we have proven enough interest MassDrop can negotiate the details of the discount/logistcs with Enrico.

I'm not on FB ,
but I want the AAB .
Can you add 1 vote for me ?

poonman,

eLiguL

I'm not on FB ,
but I want the AAB .
Can you add 1 vote for me ?

Im interested in the UFO kit since ive been reading some heaters are showing signs of wear so soon. Its still very new so who knows how it will perform but since its analog it should last forever.

eLiguL,

poonman

Im interested in the UFC kit since ive been reading some heaters are showing signs of wear so soon.

Funny , I went from being on the fence ,
to the head of the line up ...wtf
It must be the GTA effect you have on me .:tup:

edit ;
Enrico replied that the heaters were covered by warranty , and to Sub Sub away . iirc

Last edited:

eLiguL

edit ;
Enrico replied that the heaters were covered by warranty , and to Sub Sub away . iirc

What will you do when the 1 year warranty is over?

Im thinking long term since from what I have been reading in this thread, it will be a heavily used vape for me.

eLiguL,

poonman

What will you do when the warranty is over?

Im thinking long term since from what I have been reading in this thread, it will be a heavily used vape for me.

go back a couple of pages ...
it was heavily discussed .
I don't want to mis-quote , but a lot of minds were well relieved after Enrico's reply .

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Here is my take on the Sublimator. Man this thing is a BEAST. I mean it hits like no other vaporizer right now that is available. It took some time to figure out how to use it because I thought that turning the wheel dial all the way up would start the heating process. Turns out on the Timer Edition you must select when you want the thing off by and then it will heat up from there (and very fast as well.) I packed my friend and I bowls after bowls and by the time we finished I found myself fully sublimated and ready to go home. The high is clean and lasted so long. It seems like it wasn't gonna fade away and I bet I could eat and still be high as hell after (usually eating will result in sobering up faster for me.) I slept at like 3 and woke up at 11 still feeling the effects from the sesh. I think I am now a proud owner of the Sub and look forward to the titanium upgrade. A few things that I would say is be careful with this device. It can and will leave you burned as I did for the whole sesh. I tapped the atomizer to get all the herb out and burned by hand a bit but no mark whatsoever. I dont like how the timer block looks. It's just too big and bulky but as a table/desktop vaporizer you might want to consider a station for this. Still a great product I would recommend this to all my glass collectors.

eLiguL

go back a couple of pages ...
it was heavily discussed .
I don't want to mis-quote , but a lot of minds were well relieved after Enrico's reply .

subbers subbers no worries we are a tight subculture. i will take care of the broken(the slowdown heater) unit no questions ask just use em as much as you can as long as they work. then send them back for a new one (only the appollo)ask planet vape there procedure of exchange and i will make new units available for them at all times .i will take care of all my subbeners, no one left behind

do not send your unit if it works or for eany other reason we will inspect every appollo carefully for validation of thermal heat reduction in order to minimize future problems

I think thats the quote you were talking about?

Im sure Enrico will do his best but I doubt he will replace the heaters for life. From what I have been reading they havent really worked out the finer points for the heating element to justify its price tag but thats just my opinion. I much rather have the UFO kit and just get the hang of heating it myself with a propane torch that has a quick trigger igniter($40 manual heating element).

eLiguL,

Enrico

Manufacturer
I think thats the quote you were talking about?

Im sure Enrico will do his best but I doubt he will replace the heaters for life. From what I have been reading they havent really worked out the finer points for the heating element to justify its price tag but thats just my opinion. I much rather have the UFO kit and just get the hang of heating it myself with a propane torch that has a quick trigger igniter($40 manual heating element).

i soo apreciate your concerns .and yes you are right some of the element have slowed down but still are fully fonctional .we already took care of the problem for the future appollos ,once your warranty is over 50$ will get you a new appollo, as we rerefbish your old one to new or 30 for element only (approximatives)

poonman

i soo apreciate your concerns .and yes you are right some of the element are haved down but still are fullu fonctional .we already took care of the problem for the future appollos ,once your warranty is over 50$ will get you a new appollo, as we rerefbish your old one to new or 30 for element only (approximatives)

Hey Enrico ,
you're the best .
what about the LED temp control .
Are they ready for sale with the AAB at PV ?

eLiguL

i soo apreciate your concerns .and yes you are right some of the element have slowed down but still are fully fonctional .we already took care of the problem for the future appollos ,once your warranty is over 50$ will get you a new appollo, as we rerefbish your old one to new or 30 for element only (approximatives)

Its good to get some details on "being taken care of" and much appreciated. So if I am following you correctly after the 1 year warranty you will replace the entire "heating wand" for $50 or the heating element only for $30(I understand these are approximates at this point in time)?

Will this be for life or will you only have a certain amount of times you can use this service?

Details would help alleviate the concerns for people who are thinking long term and I think most people are since it is on the higher end of vaporizers.

If my math is correct the heating wand is about $380, for something that price with average use I think most people will expect 3-5 years of useful life from it. The one year warranty is kind of concerning since the price tag is so high, at least thats my two pennies.

eLiguL,
Top Bottom