Discontinued The Sublimator

Monsoon

I did want to turn the timer off. Thanks for the info. I actually realize that turns the sub off. I found the hold the 30 minute button until it goes orange at the bottom button. I am loving this thing. Gonna have to get the UFO for camping!

Just keep in mind that Enrico suggests not running it 24 hours a day to reduce strain on the heater and for safety. I haven't been tracking it too closely but the timer shutoff is closer to 12 hours I think.

Monsoon,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Never put any kief up top. Keep it south of the action.

:peace:
i've run it mixed on top with great results. am curious as to your reasoning here.
tia

Just keep in mind that Enrico suggests not running it 24 hours a day to reduce strain on the heater and for safety. I haven't been tracking it too closely but the timer shutoff is closer to 12 hours I think.

agreed. i have one of the original units and it has dropped how much it's pulling from 45w to 35-36w max. it's just this side of combustion and barely hot enough to do oil. am gonna have to send it the heating unit in for repair/exchange.

even tho there is a timer i am curious as to the time it needs to rest between (12 hr) sessions. what can we do to prolong the life, etc.

am gonna keep running it 'til it won't get hot enough to vape dark chocolate, then send it in. keep you guys updated

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
The holes up top that we use for dabbing would get gunked up with anything other than oil/wax/shatter IMO. Kief has too much plant matter to be a good dabbing substance.

gotcha, full misunderstanding. i thought you meant it was no good in normal herb place, that you wanted to drop it down to lower screen area. fully agree that you shouldn't try to "dab" kief in the intake holes. my bad.
thanks for clarity

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was gonna bust Globlaw's balls by saying "no wonder your heater is fucked up...", but I figured that he misunderstood the original question so I let it pass...;)

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Just received my Sublimator in the mail yesterday and man oh man does it stand up to its reputation. I had trouble finding a small enough amount that wasn't too large of a hit! Quickly realizing there is a point where you can just have too much in the bowl and I had previously thought such a statement impossible. Unbelievably smooth for the lack of water as well even when using oil through the air holes. Just like to drop a mention towards PlanetVapes customer service as they truly are spectacular.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009X1P9S/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=

it has labels for them. drop to dash, take your pick. ;)

grokit

well-worn member
Damn, I bought the 4-piece set and it was more expensive!

Mine are amco not norpro so they must be better lol.

41CDMBUeBHL._SY450_.jpg

I don't use these spoons for anything else, but they're priceless for the sublimator. I have found all four sizes to provide uniquely perfect dosages in different applications:

hint = biggest herb dose, can do it through a bong :science:

pinch = usual launchpad dose, bong dose for noobs

smidge = keif hit or herb dose for noobs

drop = keif hit for noobs

:smug:

grokit,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
i've run it mixed on top with great results. am curious as to your reasoning here.
tia

agreed. i have one of the original units and it has dropped how much it's pulling from 45w to 35-36w max. it's just this side of combustion and barely hot enough to do oil. am gonna have to send it the heating unit in for repair/exchange.

even tho there is a timer i am curious as to the time it needs to rest between (12 hr) sessions. what can we do to prolong the life, etc.

am gonna keep running it 'til it won't get hot enough to vape dark chocolate, then send it in. keep you guys updated

Mine has dropped as well. Without an energy monitor the initial markings on the dial are pretty much useless. I'm pulling 39 max from an initial 59 max.

Your Highness,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Collecting the golden goodness :D

aOooG9o.jpg

***Mine's been on for most of the time since I got it in June, still showing 60watts at full power. Which models have started to drop? Are they the ones with timers too? I'm not at all arguing that it might not be the best method, but I just wanted to chime in that mine's running strong and steady.

Last edited:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
what kind of sheet are you using jambandphan? is it easier to work with than wax paper?

CG420,
Top Bottom