Discontinued The Sublimator

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
My Sub maxes out at 63 watts as well. Finding my sweet spot in the 35 to 38 watt range. Pretty sure I was ripping it in the 45 watts pre-kaw.

I have 3 stock Sublimator SS screens and am having trouble with the screens staying in place after the bowl is dumped. Currently running 2 screens at once. Grab some iolite screens?

Edit: Just tried some flowers then bubble at 33.watts. Damn. Guess I still haven't found my real sweet spot yet. I'll be back.

Last edited:
Been Vapin,

grokit

well-worn member
My Sub maxes out at 63 watts as well. Finding my sweet spot in the 35 to 38 watt range. Pretty sure I was ripping it in the 45 watts pre-kaw.

I have 3 stock Sublimator SS screens and am having trouble with the screens staying in place after the bowl is dumped. Currently running 2 screens at once. Grab some iolite screens?

Edit: Just tried some flowers then bubble at 33.watts. Damn. Guess I still haven't found my real sweet spot yet. I'll be back.

Some use the iolites, some also use a second screen down low, some dump the grill each time, and some of us have crammed the stock grill to wedge just below the top rim so it stays put when dumped.

The latter is what I have been doing lately :tup:

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
This is the video you guys been waiting for
My original sublimator has heating problem, so the clip of it had barely anything in it.

(Takes 1hr 20min to heat up the bastard)

There was over 60 clips but I think the editor of the video was thinking to get the best shots over everyone trying it out @ weeds

Last edited:
Tommii,

grokit

well-worn member
We must have similar units. As I mentioned earlier, I have been turning mine down a bit after an hour or so. When I first turn it on, I have it bumped a bit over my lp mark, and it is indeed ready to go in 20 minutes. Then after an hour or so I turn it down to the mark, then another hour or so later I turn it just under the mark. I'm turning it off at night because I'm trying not to medicate until at least 4:20, but if I were to leave it on overnight I would turn it down another couple of notches.

grokit,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Is there a thermocouple in the sublimators design? I was under the impression it was just a flat circuit with a dimmer to control the power, but reading all of this makes me think there must be a thermocouple somewhere in there, that does not have proper compensation for the thermocouple drift effect.

I've been playing around in my spare time trying to make a decent vaporizer using a combination of Hippie Dickies plans and my own hairbrained schemes, and one of the first issues I ran into was this thermocouple drift effect. Unless you are using an amplifier that has a VREF line to align itself to the power source, you need to manually compensate for the differences in microvolts between cycles or you will have a temperature sensor that slowly drifts away from reporting the correct temperature.

There is a lot more information available in this white-paper by the University of Cambridge. Again, I'm not entirely sure if this is the case since I don't even know if the Sub has a thermocouple, it just seems to me really likely that if there is one, this is why we are seeing temperature drift.

Freakshow101

I fucking love that ride the VORTEX!!! this guy is the best for taking a portable vape to wonderland hahaa

Been lurking around and seeing the sublimator bong a kit the price difference is like 200$ for the extra bong .. any explanations? Id expect like -50$ without the sublimator bong piece its just a straitshooter glass piece
Not sure. I call it a frustrating shat hole.

and I thought I was the only one who hated it lol.

Last edited:
Freakshow101,

C-weed

can one of you launchpad version owners please tell me what secures the plastic tube to the launchpad itself?..in your opinion would the glass upgrade tube be stable with this same application?

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
can one of you launchpad version owners please tell me what secures the plastic tube to the launchpad itself?..in your opinion would the glass upgrade tube be stable with this same application?

There's an o-ring, the tube just shoves in and does not easily come out. In fact it seems like it's permanently attached at this point!

grokit,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm digging this thing more and more with my routine sharpened. I don't even notice it's hot anymore since I'm getting used to it. I feel like I'm slinging it around like Enrico.

I've landed on my sweet spot and I think it makes a big difference. The lower temps I was using were heady, but like most vapes, the ensuing hits later in the day just don't deliver like the first one of the day. Now I'm a little higher in temp and having some killer results. My first session of the day is two scoops, or two bowls, and I am lacquered up like a kid. Then I hit it later with three scoops and get just a lacquered, which is unusual!

Last night I started enjoying some dark drippy from the bottom of the atomizer and it was very nice and sleepy, as Enrico warns!

I'm going on day three of using nothing else...

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Spent at least an hour messing with screen placement last night. Ended up giving the stock screen a slight concave and then pushed the screen below the first ridge. Made a huge difference.

My c-clip looks like it will be having issues. Real bummer.

Edit: What is everyone doing to load their sub with flowers? Small scooper? Any tips for baking bubblehash?

Been Vapin,

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
Spent at least an hour messing with screen placement last night. Ended up giving the stock screen a slight concave and then pushed the screen below the first ridge. Made a huge difference.

My c-clip looks like it will be having issues. Real bummer.

Edit: What is everyone doing to load their sub with flowers? Small scooper? Any tips for baking bubblehash?

All you do is take a pinch which is approx a fifth of a gram (enough to cover up iolite screen)

Put the bubble hash at a higher temperature. Now the trick here is that you need as much surface area as you can make on that bubble hash by pressing. Hash burns really slow so not much smoke will come out at a time unless there's a lot or it's full melt

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The reclaim at the bottom of my cloudbuddy is unimpressive given what is dripping out of the atomizer and getting stuck on my extender. I'm thinking of dropping some cotton down there in the airpath for catching that good stuff, but I wonder how a dab of soaked cotton would do in the Sub...any thoughts or experiences?

See ya later, jam! too bad you don't have that campfire unit yet!

Tweek

:science: off to frolic in the woods for the weekend, Sub, I will miss you!! See y'all next week! :wave:

Enjoy your frolicking :smug:

Edit: This is the only vape in my collection that I fear using when I need to get things done. I went shopping the other day, and it was...interesting. :D

C-weed

The grav labs reclaimer might help harvest all that good sublimate.....im gonna grab one with my sub for two reasons.....the screeching sound that you folks describe would no longer be a concern. And the reclaim aspect...easy fill jar no mess.

C-weed,
Reactions: grokit

Tweek

The grav labs reclaimer might help harvest all that good sublimate.....im gonna grab one with my sub for two reasons.....the screeching sound that you folks describe would no longer be a concern. And the reclaim aspect...easy fill jar no mess.

I was going to grab one of these initially, but then PV said they were releasing one specially designed for the sub. Not sure what the ETA is though.

grokit

well-worn member

They're out of stock, does anybody else carry them or do we just need to keep checking back?

edit: just noticed tweek's post above :drool:

grokit,
Top Bottom