The Sports Thread

TNT_error

@waxdab23 I'm freaking out like you. I feel a huge anxiety attack coming on haha. Got my vapes to calm me down. I think hill goes for 4 innings and Julio might do a little work then we can hand it over to the BP. Kenley might do 4-6 out. I'm just glad we get a righty even though scherzer is a beast. It's gonna be one hell of a game.

Go Blue!!!!

waxdab23

@waxdab23 I'm freaking out like you. I feel a huge anxiety attack coming on haha. Got my vapes to calm me down. I think hill goes for 4 innings and Julio might do a little work then we can hand it over to the BP. Kenley might do 4-6 out. I'm just glad we get a righty even though scherzer is a beast. It's gonna be one hell of a game.

Go Blue!!!!

Well, you were pretty much right on but I don't think any of us expected Jansen in the 7th and KERSHAW for the save after the game he had a couple nights ago lmao.

What a thrilling series, and especially game 5. Between this and the very close raider games so far this season, I'm getting a real cardio workout.

TNT_error

In my 27 years of life that was the best game I've seen. Just wow! Credit to Roberts for the gambles. Blanton in the 3rd? Never saw that happening, and that 7th inning was STRESSFUL as hell haha. I had my tums next to me the whole time. @waxdab23 yeah I don't think anybody saw the kershaw move coming, and the fact that HE wanted to do it on 1 day rest was amazing. I thought it was Roberts flexing, but kersh got his 1st save in a decade.

I wanted to see Julio go a little longer. He got another pick off!
Props to Daniel Murphy for consistently kicking our ass haha. What a series to remember. On to the cubbies!

grokit

well-worn member
Cubs are champs :tup:
Dodgers got closer :goon:

Lakers are looking GOOD :cool:
Luke has 'em humming :)

Raiders are back, baby:clap:!
Mark has the touch :whoa:

Bruins football :(
Trojans making it worse...
@t-dub knows, he likes the ducks :ninja:

What else...

Oh yeah,
some BIG fights tomorrow :nod:
:popcorn:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
We are definitely in a rebuilding phase that will last a while. However there is hope. Our new true freshman quarterback Justin Herbert is showing incredible poise and decision making ability like saint Marcus did. In three starts this season, he has passed for 996 yards and 12 touchdowns with just two interceptions while displaying a rare combination of athleticism, passing skill and mental makeup that usually translates into a future in the NFL. He should become an absolute superstar. Nice to have a local kid, born/raised in Eugene went to Sheldon high school, see his dream come true.

Our game today down at USC should be very interesting. Yes our defense sucks however last game against ASU they got 2 interceptions and did better overall. The whole team just looked better, tempo was better, and we won that game 54 to 35.

Yes the 5 game losing streak was terribly painful to watch, in fact, it sucked big time. I think we are on the road to recovery though it will take a while. Don't expect to see us in a bowl game this year but next year will be different as we build towards a new future.

Last edited:

waxdab23

Cubs are champs :tup:
Dodgers got closer :goon:

Lakers are looking GOOD :cool:
Luke has 'em humming :)

Raiders are back, baby:clap:!
Mark has the touch :whoa:

Bruins football :(
Trojans making it worse...

What else...

Oh yeah,

Larry Nance Jr is so fun to watch.

Luuuuuuuuke is a genius.

Got a looooooong ways to go but I'm liking the way our young nucleus is looking so far.

Ya Dodgers so close this time. What a World Series though, just amazing. The whole postseason was a thrill.

Raiders 6-2, Broncos 6-2 have a Sunday Night Football date tomorrow. Oooooooh boy. I just hope our defense can hold up and keep it close. We'll have a hell of a time going to the air against that secondary but if we can keep it close or hold a lead so that we don't have to abandon the run, I think Raiders will be in good shape!

grokit

well-worn member
Larry Nance Jr is so fun to watch.

Luuuuuuuuke is a genius.

Got a looooooong ways to go but I'm liking the way our young nucleus is looking so far.

Ya Dodgers so close this time. What a World Series though, just amazing. The whole postseason was a thrill.

Raiders 6-2, Broncos 6-2 have a Sunday Night Football date tomorrow. Oooooooh boy. I just hope our defense can hold up and keep it close. We'll have a hell of a time going to the air against that secondary but if we can keep it close or hold a lead so that we don't have to abandon the run, I think Raiders will be in good shape!
Agreed about nance, and I'm pleasantly surprised at nick young's resurgence especially on defense :tup:

The dodgers made it to the championship series, but the giants beat them in that one-gamer :nope:
Next year they beat their rivals and go to the show :spidey:

Derek carr can shred any secondary in the nfl, if his line gives him the time :2c:

grokit

well-worn member
Whoops the big fights are next weekend :doh:

edit: Pacquiao did win the wbo welterweight championship back tonight :tup:

UFC 205

ufc-205.jpg

Seriously. Big. Fights.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I found it very interesting indeed! :p
Yeah, it was a good litmus test and showed that our defense still sucks, although they put in a good 2nd quarter, and it also showed the offense is still unstable and that even though Herbert has potential this true freshman has a way to go yet.

Like I said before, no bowl game for us this year and next year is likely to be slightly better but still rebuilding.

Rumor has it that Phil Knight is ready to throw 10 million $$$ at a new head coach. He is 78 years old and wants a title.

Helfrich is a nice guy, maybe too nice. Everyone is getting sick and tired of his mealy mouthed excuses. His lack of recruiting quality talent has led to this situation.

waxdab23

A bunch of friends and I went to Pechanga to watch the Sunday Night game. One of my buddies is a huge Lions fan. We didn't realize until the very end of the night...

BOOOOOOOOOM...LOL

8AJ42la.jpg

^^^I don't watch much mma anymore, but I'm glad I caught that fight. Wow McGregor has some great striking! I used to watch Alvarez fight in DREAM, happy he finally made the UFC. He was outclassed tonight though.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Glad UCLA beat the Beavers . . . of course the Ducks lost to Stanford, we still s-u-c-k, and they hung a lot of points on us. Was hoping the Huskies would defeat USC but no joy.

Sigh . . . :\

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The Apple Cup, WA vs WA State, on Friday should be an excellent game, and who knew the Ducks would beat Utah? We actually might win the Civil War, Ducks vs Beavers, on Saturday . . . :)

An honorable mention to UCLA for trying to beat USC. I really hope Colorado wins the Pac-12 South.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just want to say fuck college football, fuck the Beavers, fuck this whole shit season and fuck the Civil War, which we just lost. No bowl game . . . what a fucking nightmare this season has been. Can we fire the fucking coaching staff now? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . :cuss:

Top Bottom