• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Sports Thread

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
What's going on in New England? So Gronk had a party and Chandler Jones supposedly takes synthetic marijuana and freaks out??Then Bellicheat shows up with a shiner? How come Manziel gets in trouble every time he parties but Gronk advertises his own booze cruise? Super Bowl victories, I guess. Pretty bad when even professional athletes are taking harmful substances, like synthetic mj over the real thing, bc they get it through their systems quicker and thus less detectable. Its a no brainer, legalize it Roger!

grokit

well-worn member
Larry+Fitzgerald+Green+Bay+Packers+v+Arizona+4hzNr19dY6Ul.jpg

Well that was a pretty good finish to today's playoffs :tup:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A-Rod retiring from baseball. We have ill feelings for A-Rod in Seattle. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. He is one you can tell took steroids.

We're still pissed at him in the Pacific N.W. He wanted to win some championships is what he said. You spend a lot of money in baseball or most sports you get better players.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm glad to see this thread has a pulse again, it must be getting close to that time of year. The newspaper had the perennial "USC Predicted to Win the South" headline . . . :disgust: Why do they say that every year? Why?

Despite world class recruiting commitments the "experts" still say Oregon is in decline and pick us to lose to the Huskies . . . waaaa???? :rolleyes: Ranked 24th???? How???? Picked to finish 3rd in the North??? Absurd I say!!!

With names like Tre McKitty, the most coveted tight end in the nation, or RB C J Verdell out of Cali to name but two, Oregon has just come off its best recruiting month in its history. And we have QB covered so well people are wondering if we should jump cut QB recruiting for 2017. Travis Jonsen, as a red shirt freshman is pushing senior Dakota Prukop for his job already. Also keep an eye on Terry Wilson as he has the battle charisma of General Patton on the field, a wicked arm, and runs like a gazelle. He isn't ready yet but . . . :D There are many more but we will keep them to ourselves for now.

The open practice was excellent this year, our recruitment of weapons off the chart, especially at QB, RB, and TE. The defense is also shaping up nicely.

The non believers will have egg all over their faces this year when the Fighting Ducks quack again . . .

Go Ducks!!!

:rockon:

563815076_1061083.gif

grokit

well-worn member
Both the lakers and the raiders are going to turn things around this year. Besides years of recent futility, both of these legendary franchises turned a generational page recently as ownership changed hands from father to son(s) and a daughter in the case of the lakers. The lakers are also finally done with kobe, who has been more of an anchor holding the team back rather than leading them forward the last few years, at the very least. There's promising new coaches, and lots of young talent on both teams! No, really this time.

:popcorn:

waxdab23

Both the lakers and the raiders are going to turn things around this year. Besides years of recent futility, both of these legendary franchises turned a generational page recently as ownership changed hands from father to son(s) and a daughter in the case of the lakers. The lakers are also finally done with kobe, who has been more of an anchor holding the team back rather than leading them forward the last few years, at the very least. There's promising new coaches, and lots of young talent on both teams! No, really this time.

:popcorn:

I'm die hard Raiders and Lakers (and Dodgers for that matter).

I say it every summer about the Raiders, I get all hyped after the draft and free agency and think we'll turn things around. But I think you're right when you say, no really this time. Dude we are really showing some promise now and have quietly become STRONG in two of the MOST important components of a successful NFL team: Offensive Line and Pass Rushing. We have a legitimate shot of winning the division this year, with really only the Chiefs as serious threats IMO. So excited for this season.

As usual, I'll be going up to the home opener in Oakland with friends and family, Sep 18th vs the Falcons!

Lakers on the other hand - I'm excited to watch our young guns grow and build chemistry, and I'm VERY happy with the Luuuuuuuuuke hire. But, I believe we're still not close to making the playoffs given our lack of star power. I hope the rebuild is less than a couple years from over - Laker Nation deserves better.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Tomorrow night is the first round of the 110 meter hurdles with the final round Tuesday evening. Oregon Duck track and football star Devon Allen will be competing. That's right folks . . . we have an Olympic track star on our football team. He is fast. Ran a 13.03 here in Eugene to win the race and punch his ticket to Rio. I hope he brings home a medal. Rumor has it that he can run a sub 13 second race.

In 2014 he had 41 catches and 7 touchdowns. Here he is in lane #3 . . . Go Ducks!!! :D

GO DUCKS!!!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well, Devon Allen made it to the medal round but came in 5th . . . :|

His races were not up to his usual standard as he was hitting a lot of hurdles which slowed him down significantly.

Still, I'm proud an Oregon Duck football player and track star actually made it to the final round in the Olympics.

It should be fun to watch people try and cover him this season.

Goooooooo Ducks!!!

grokit

well-worn member
Love this quote :shit::rofl:

Brock Lesnar Calls Out Conor McGregor:
'I Take S--ts Bigger Than That Kid'

hi-res-d2fe058371fb11a7353e293f37aaacd2_crop_north.jpg

The latest chapter of the Conor McGregor vs. Brock Lesnar saga has arrived, and the last man to speak out on it? None other than the Beast Incarnate.

The former NCAA Division I heavyweight wrestling champion, former UFC heavyweight champion and former WWE world heavyweight champion had a lot more to say than usual.

None of it nice.

“I take s--ts bigger than that kid,” Lesnar told WWE podcaster Sam Roberts. “Come on, guys. I know you guys all play f--king video games, and you live in this f--king false sense of reality and s--t. I’m 200 and f--cking 90 pounds, all right; this guy's 145 pounds, and that’s if he’s lucky and gets up and f--king eats his Wheaties."

hi-res-cea109bb6703455f275274609031ed31_crop_exact.jpg

more

Tonight the leprechaun will try again to defeat the bigger man he just lost to;
I think he will lose to diaz again, but props for determination :tup:

Lesnar wrestles tomorrow don't know don't care :rolleyes:

:dog:

BD9

I don't watch or pay attention to sports as much as I once did. I do like to watch Notre Dame football. They are after all in my backyard as it were.
I know there is no middle ground with ND, people either love or hate them. I'm not one of those rabid, winning is the only thing type fans I just enjoy a good football game.
Last night ND opened their season against Texas. It was a very good game to watch even though my Irish came up short.
I hold Brian Kelly responsible for this loss. He's tried the two quarterback system before and it was proven to be unsuccessful then. Practice is the time for trying experiments. Not in games against a well coached team. :rant:

Despite the loss, it was a very entertaining game in my opinion.

waxdab23

Any dodger fans here? I'm so nervous about tomorrow's game. We've been getting knocked out of the postseason every year lately. Cubs are on a roll. Rich hill is on short rest. I don't know what to do with myself.

grokit

well-worn member
Any dodger fans here? I'm so nervous about tomorrow's game. We've been getting knocked out of the postseason every year lately. Cubs are on a roll. Rich hill is on short rest. I don't know what to do with myself.
At least if they win they won't have to face the giants again :tup:

Top Bottom