Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifo

Hey guys what are you guys getting for cold ohms? I think my mod is fucked up or artic fox is giving me trouble.

Grifo,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Firmware (evic/wismec/whatever on Junky Junky or Arctic Fox)
My bad, I think the apostrophe fucked me up.

Second best to the DNA has been running the og Splinter on the VTC Dual off my Tubo X and doing wattage cruise. HowEVAH, even at 11W it gets hot to the touch after a few minutes so I haven't figured how to use it for anything but a speed bowl. Which it excels at considering it's a $25 mod. Definitely try wattage cruise if you out FJ on your rx.

eideal852

My bad, I think the apostrophe fucked me up.

Second best to the DNA has been running the og Splinter on the VTC Dual off my Tubo X and doing wattage cruise. HowEVAH, even at 11W it gets hot to the touch after a few minutes so I haven't figured how to use it for anything but a speed bowl. Which it excels at considering it's a $25 mod. Definitely try wattage cruise if you out FJ on your rx.
Picked up the Wismec RX300 yesterday. might be more than i want/need. I know its FJ and AF compatible, but its a FOUR (!) battery mod (The rx200, my old beater, is three, thought it was the same) and cant run w less.... Beast to say the least. May see about trading for an evic of some sort

eideal852,
Reactions: bossman

started@52

Anyone running a dnac mod in replay mode? That’s how I ran the Z and will probably play with the V1. What do you guys think the correct wattage would be to simulate a Milaana, 45w?

started@52,

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Please share when you find it!
I don’t thonk that you’re going to find a “cheap” authentic DNA mod....Why? If you go to the Evolv website, a builders ten pack of DNA60 boards and screens go for $44 per unit. 250c’s are up around $80 per unit. That’s before the build, so do the math...so, if you find a “cheap” one, either the builder is taking a loss or it’s a fake. You decide.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Anyone running a dnac mod in replay mode? That’s how I ran the Z and will probably play with the V1. What do you guys think the correct wattage would be to simulate a Milaana, 45w?

I use replay for one of my Z profiles.

38W
Replay ON
Boost ON
Punch 10

This is the cheapest I've seen the Wismec 250 DNA $77
https://cheapvaping.deals/vapesourcing-deals

Or go direct to Wismec for $90 with ( code 25% off WRDNA250 )

Edit: Forgot you guys were looking for 2 bat mods. Still a good deal though

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don’t thonk that you’re going to find a “cheap” authentic DNA mod....Why? If you go to the Evolv website, a builders ten pack of DNA60 boards and screens go for $44 per unit. 250c’s are up around $80 per unit. That’s before the build, so do the math...so, if you find a “cheap” one, either the builder is taking a loss or it’s a fake. You decide.
When did the current chip/board come out? Is there a new one on the horizon? That may reduce the price of the current one. I am not in a hurry cause I am broke at the moment...

started@52

Anyone know why dna chip mods don’t have a cruise mode option? Sucks I will have to buy a new mod for the g43 when I already have a top end mod I thought would be some what future proof for a couple years.

started@52,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@mucsusn: I believe big players can get them way cheaper, those builders packs are for amateur mod makers producing small series.

Also you can get the monochrome version of the boards at a much lower price now (around $32 for the DNA75 for instance)

The DNA75C can be found at $56 a pop also, and as low as $45 if you buy 10.

When you consider the fact you can get some good Chinese mods for under $25, it's pretty clear their margins are ultra thin and they make it even only by selling volumes.

almost there

@Easywider I hear folks talking about "Boost", what is it and how can I turn it on? I went on escribe and didn't see any options to turn it on or off.

@started@52 the non-US version of escribe is suppose to have more tweaking options, I never heard of anyone able to turn off the max puff timer but then no one was using the mods this way before so it's worth checking maybe. My understanding is you could turn it off while running device monitor but that's about it.

Last edited:
almost there,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Ass ugly DNA250C for $99 preorder (or $89 for the extra ugly but in stock yellow model):

https://www.efun.top/think-vape-finder-250w-tc-box-mod-with-evolve-dna-250-chip.html

We'll mostly be passing on this but the deals have been few and far between of late so I thought I'd share this here for folks who aren't on the box mod thread. Shipping adds $6.

Last edited:

Chainfish

Those in Uk can get it from greyhaze for under 75quid (in the fugly yellow option). Owned a dna for over a year but never bothered connecting up to escribe. are the results that much better?

Also confused as to the splinter setup. Do they all come with the same resistance of element, or at least all those of the same model? My v1 starts at .24 and goes up to .3 ohms. Everyone says about wattage used at but not volts or what their resistances are. Haven't played much as out of meds but very happy so far. Hate the mouthpiece but will get a driptip made to fit in end. Using an old berserker style driptip attatched with some whip material atm

Chainfish,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Owned a dna for over a year but never bothered connecting up to escribe. are the results that much better?
The Splinter and Z ecigprofiles work great on my bronze DNA250, yeah. No reason not to try them if you already have a DNA. I start at 350°F and don't step much above 380°.

@Grifo, my Splinter is .23 and my Z is .4ohms

Last edited:

Grifo

The Splinter and Z ecigprofiles work great on my bronze DNA250, yeah. No reason not to try them if you already have a DNA. I start at 350°F and don't step much above 380°.

@Grifo, my Splinter is .23 and my Z is .4ohms
thanks mine is at .28 is that bad?

Grifo,
Reactions: bossman

Mangu

Agreed. That’s why I’d like anyone to share when there’s a good sale and the seller is either taking a “loss” or maybe just offering a deal to lure more business :\...might as well be on the lookout for a good deal...especially if it’s something I don’t necessarily need atm.

Ass ugly DNA250C for $99 preorder (or $89 for the extra ugly but in stock yellow model):

https://www.efun.top/think-vape-finder-250w-tc-box-mod-with-evolve-dna-250-chip.html

We'll mostly be passing on this but the deals have been few and far between of late so I thought I'd share this here for folks who aren't on the box mod thread. Shipping adds $6.
Lol! Thanks man. That is definitely one butt-ugly mod maybe I’ll wait for another deal :lol:

Last edited:

LambsBreath

From IG posts:
"Pleased to announce that vgoodiez will be the exclusive retailer for the rbtcustom line in the US."
Don't know if this means Ryan won't have an RBT sales website anymore or not. Sure sounds like it though.

Yep looks that way, I noticed recently RBT's site no longer has a store, just a short listing of retailers...
So no more direct sales, including accessories WPA's etc.

??? Please explain no more repairs.
From RBT's "Retailers" page:

"For All Sales, Service and Warranty issues please contact our Retailers"

!!!

Good to see some retailers have the V1's now, although I was hoping to see lower introductory pricing, currently not low enough to reconsider holding out for a Z (if they're ever going to be available again).
Curious what the price of the blackwood V2's will be.

• V1's available now from these authorized retailers listed on their site:
(USA):
https://vgoodiez.com/collections/510-gear/products/splinter-v1-bubinga-by-rastabuddahtao
http://www.planetvape.ca/splinter-vaporizer-510-attachment-kit.html

(UK store):
Vapefiend

LambsBreath,
Reactions: Easywider

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey folks... as @thekarmawhore is starting the design... we are looking for some initial feedback.

In order to standardize we will be using only black glass. Attys are usually black or stainless so black will be stealth. Black also hides all the unsightly gunk in the mouthpiece. This will allow us to get better pricing on a higher volume buy. The black glass is more expensive than the other colors but I believe warranted... however, I would consider blue.

Secondly, given @Alan talent at the lathe, we will have the ability to make the wood profile slightly concave or convex or tapered big at the bottom and small at the top... which sounds most appealing?

Once the 3D models are done @thekarmawhore will share photo renderings here to facilitate more crowdstorm
ing, so stay tuned...

https://instagram.com/p/BPzzsQegfvh/
You don’t have a web page?
WOW!

ataxian,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom