Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

eideal852

splinter.jpg

Does that work? Images confound me on here...

Regardless, I have the only other V2 right now, and it's sexxx...
Also, yeah, the v1s (and THIS v2 at least) are the 2stem/brush/poker/sack kit.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
splinter.jpg

Does that work? Images confound me on here...

Regardless, I have the only other V2 right now, and it's sexxx...
Also, yeah, the v1s (and THIS v2 at least) are the 2stem/brush/poker/sack kit.
Looks great and I'm jealous. Hope the preorder V1s ship soon. Great to see folks getting shipping emails.

In unrelated news, I was using my og Splinter in wattage cruise but last night my VTC Dual was giving me an "atomizer short" error even though the same Splinter fired right up on the DNA mod a minute later.

Last edited:

eideal852

Looks great and I'm jealous. Hope the preorder V1s ship soon. Great to see folks getting shipping emails.

In unrelated news, I was using my og Splinter in wattage cruise but last night my VTC Dual was giving me an "atomizer short" error even though the same Splinter fired right up on the DNA mod a minute later.

Pics don't look right but pretty close. it's prett-y prett-y prett-y pretty.

Alas, that v1 there arrived broken. It was a b grade "jank" unit anyway, but when I unpacked, the burlap sack "clinked" a little bit. I thought maybe it was stems or something, but nope, glass was broken right inside the rim and the whole heater/glass was rattling around in there. Poor guy, so much potential! Now he exists solely to be the contrast in Blackwood photos!

eideal852

Why can't you send it back to Ryan for repair?

I'm sure I could, he ranks at the very top of my "good people" scale... but at some point, i'm a lunatic.

That broken v1 is one of FOUR Splinter's I snagged during Joyous Jahmas Photoshop contest/raffle/goodvibes event:

V1 jank (B)
V1 jank (B-)
V2 Blackwood (:o)
V1 jank (B+)roken

- The actual wood on the broken one is the best of the three v1 "B-Grade Janks" (band name?) so that sucks, but at some point I'm the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.

I'll see if it helps HIM at all to have it back, tool it up, or whatever, but I only have two hands after all, even if my Ganesh entry had four!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm sure I could, he ranks at the very top of my "good people" scale... but at some point, i'm a lunatic.

That broken v1 is one of FOUR Splinter's I snagged during Joyous Jahmas Photoshop contest/raffle/goodvibes event:

V1 jank (B)
V1 jank (B-)
V2 Blackwood (:o)
V1 jank (B+)roken

- The actual wood on the broken one is the best of the three v1 "B-Grade Janks" (band name?) so that sucks, but at some point I'm the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.

I'll see if it helps HIM at all to have it back, tool it up, or whatever, but I only have two hands after all, even if my Ganesh entry had four!

Well-played. So you don't own any non-chinese Splinters? It's like you came to visit us from the future.

eideal852

Well-played. So you don't own any non-chinese Splinters? It's like you came to visit us from the future.

Right? I am beyond stoked and yet a bit sad, I'm much more the opposite typically. If I didn't think Ryan was looking out for the usual pitfalls of china-made, I'd be more wary. I mean, he's even sweating stuff life PACKAGING smell.

I was going to order a Z or US during that flash sale in Dec, as it brought those beauties close to the V1 UnderDog price the week prior, but it was DAYS after I got my Milaana. My wife tolerates this obsession at best (her eyes have started rolling so hard when I announce ANOTHER package that soon they'll be stuck. I need to at least try and retard the VAS as much as I can.

Actually VERY interested in anyone's 1:1 comparison re: V1 vs US/Z, ideally to quell this feeling that I Must. Acquire. Z. @antispleen I think is one of those, he reassured me a bit...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Actually VERY interested in anyone's 1:1 comparison re: V1 vs US/Z, ideally to quell this feeling that I Must. Acquire. Z.

Well I'd be happy to volunteer my services and compare them if you want to send one of those V1s over this way :brow::lol:

Congrats! Gotta love that RBT generosity almost as much as the vapor versatility! And the V2 is beautiful, so cool to see these vapes like this now after beta testing Zion and having the first official Milaana ever... Come a long way

Hollabackatcha

Right? I am beyond stoked and yet a bit sad, I'm much more the opposite typically. If I didn't think Ryan was looking out for the usual pitfalls of china-made, I'd be more wary. I mean, he's even sweating stuff life PACKAGING smell.

I was going to order a Z or US during that flash sale in Dec, as it brought those beauties close to the V1 UnderDog price the week prior, but it was DAYS after I got my Milaana. My wife tolerates this obsession at best (her eyes have started rolling so hard when I announce ANOTHER package that soon they'll be stuck. I need to at least try and retard the VAS as much as I can.

Actually VERY interested in anyone's 1:1 comparison re: V1 vs US/Z, ideally to quell this feeling that I Must. Acquire. Z. @antispleen I think is one of those, he reassured me a bit...
The Z is a beast. I run it on a Espion with RP in TC. It's a total beast.

ohmygodimsohigh

Are you talking about V1? If so, they indeed come with 2 mouthpieces (also 3 screens, a brush, a dab tool, and a little hemp carrying sack).

Last night I did a side by side of V1, sticky brick jr and a nonavong through jhook. Was expecting SBJr to have best flavor and nonavong to hit the hardest, and for splinter to be middle of the road. I was surprised because at 25W (first hit, so no heat soaking) V1 tasted as good if not slightly better than SBJr, and at 38W, it hit just as hard as the nonavong. The ease of use (change the wattage) pushed it over the edge as the best performer out of the 3. Used same herb and same amount of herb in each vape, measured it out using the .01g bowl from the Ti tip of the vong. I'm a huge lightweight, so I got incredibly high. I have new respect for what @ohmygodimsohigh does lol.

I can't wait to share the V1 with some friends, it's so easy to pass around. Really need to start messing around with FJ to get that wattage cruise mode.

Hahaha, that sounds like a super fun comparison!!
Your results sound interesting and respectable, cheers!

Summer

Long Island, NY
confirmed w him this AM re: no more repairs.

??? Please explain no more repairs.

The Z is a beast. I run it on a Espion with RP in TC. It's a total beast.

RP meaning Red Panda which is the exact same as Arctic Fox, but for color screens? So unlike my_surevic & funkyjunk software, you don't have any cruise/autofire mode?

So what settings are you using?

Thanks!

Last edited:

eideal852

??? Please explain no more repairs.

I don’t know, I’m less in the loop than that, but on a live god, he had mentioned something along those lines. I believe that’s regarding the V1/China stuff. Or hell, it may just be no fixing for freebies, you get what you get and you don’t get upset. I know he JUST serviced a Milaana, so not never.

eideal852,
Reactions: bossman

Summer

Long Island, NY
@eideal852, what are you even talking about??? You said, "confirmed w him this AM re: no more repairs." & " I don’t know, I’m less in the loop than that, but on a live god, he had mentioned something along those lines."

Did you or did you not contact him & get a reply that he's not doing repair anymore? You either know or you don't definitively. I can't see you getting 3 Splinters recently & him not honoring his repair warranty if something is wrong with them. So please let us know what you do or do not know factually.

Last edited:
Summer,

eideal852

@eideal852, what are you even talking about??? You said, "confirmed w him this AM re: no more repairs." & " I don’t know, I’m less in the loop than that, but on a live god, he had mentioned something along those lines."

Did you or did you not contact him & get a reply that he's not doing repair anymore? You either know or you don't definitively. I can't see you getting 2 Splinters recently & him not honoring his repair warranty if something is wrong with them. So please let us know what you do or do not know factually.

yikes! def not trying to worry anyone, you asked why I wouldn't have it repaired. I stated I wouldn't have him repair my free unit just cos I feel like a pain in the ass already. After you mentioned it, I reached out to him on IG to see if he'd like me to send it back for him to look at, fix, hell, whatever magic he'd try, and either get it out to someone else or who knows what.

I asked:
"Does it help YOU at all to have this guy back? I kinda get the impression that the Chinese ones aren't really serviced, but I'm happy to send it."

To which he replied:
"Yeh no... no more repairs :) lol"

That's it.

I (regrettably) said as much here; but my question to him was concerned SPECIFICALLY my V1 bgrade jank unit. when it seemed to alarm you, I walked it back, to be clear that I am NOT someone actually in the know. Not a beta tester, confidant, just a certainly overly excited fan.

Also, if it matters from the quoted post: live god = live vid

Chainfish

Seen the deal with Vapefiend on Thursday so ordered and just had it delivered with a water adaptor. Looks very nice and smaller than expected. Bit confused as how you take apart in the event you need to change the coil, screen or maybe just clean. I have a dna mod but have never used it in anything apart from wattage. I had intended using it on an Ijoy zenith however I don't feel the mod will give me enough accuracy considering the potentiometer changes in .3v increments.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Last evening I received a shipment notice for V1. I'm a domestic, US customer. I don't see any tracking info yet, but this will do for now!
I'll be foiled by the Monday holiday. No mail.
It'll be that or the snowstorm, either way I know I have to wait a few days...

I see that 'official retailer' vgoodiez.com has V1's 'in stock'

Last edited:

started@52

So...I have heard reports that the V1 is 19/19 only? Can someone confirm that or are they just shipped with 19/19 stems? Sounds odd he would go back to 19-19 bowl when all other current splinters are 19/22 bowls that will take either 19 or 22mm stems.

started@52,

eideal852

So...I have heard reports that the V1 is 19/19 only? Can someone confirm that or are they just shipped with 19/19 stems? Sounds odd he would go back to 19-19 bowl when all other current splinters are 19/22 bowls that will take either 19 or 22mm stems.
Indeed. He shipped a couple replacement green stems (19/22) w my v1s, and cautioned as much. Splinter stems -> milaana but not vice Versa

Mangu

Seen the deal with Vapefiend on Thursday so ordered and just had it delivered with a water adaptor. Looks very nice and smaller than expected. Bit confused as how you take apart in the event you need to change the coil, screen or maybe just clean. I have a dna mod but have never used it in anything apart from wattage. I had intended using it on an Ijoy zenith however I don't feel the mod will give me enough accuracy considering the potentiometer changes in .3v increments.

The splinter should not be taken apart so you won’t ever be changing the coil. The screen(bowl) goes into the end of the glass stem that slides into the heating chamber. To clean you can simply pick it out and iso rinse. You don’t want any resins and oils leaking into the heating chamber as you really can’t take any of those components apart. The most you can do is wipe down the inside of the glass joint.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a dna mod but have never used it in anything apart from wattage. I had intended using it on an Ijoy zenith however I don't feel the mod will give me enough accuracy considering the potentiometer changes in .3v increments.

Put the Splinter ecigprofile on your dna using escribe on a windows machine or a Mac. That's all I did and my og Splinter performs better and heats more evenly than on any of my TC mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom