Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Battery info thread on page 50
Wow someone remembered!
And you beat me to it lol.

Samsung 25r,
LgHE4,
And some brown ones, I think LGhg2? Something like that

And I think a few others work.

LGHE4s were originally standard, then the samsungs, and I think randomly the brown ones.

I have 2 different units and they came with different batteries.

20A high discharge, 18650 2500mah (think higher works too).

Illumn is probably your best bet for safe batteries.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Illumn is probably your best bet for safe batteries.

Just picked up some Sony VTC5A 18650 2600mAh 25A Flat Top Battery from IMR to test. IMR are a good source too, but not sure about if they ship overseas or if it is worthwhile to pay international shipping for those across the pond. Perhaps those in the EU have a better local reliable source?

b0

Cloudy...
I have tried Samsung 25R, LG HG2 and VTC5 so far and without a doubt the Sony VTC5 are the best ones and HG2 are close, really good too.

My Milaana is visiting his creator now, can't wait to have her back. The only vape I miss so much when I have to send it, is my EVO and that's why I still keep my OG as backup. If the exotic woods come before the Zion I will buy a second one probably...

Talking about that, anyone interested in selling his Zion preorder? I will gladly buy it if that's possible (not sure about that)

Modnote: Please do not attempt to solicit or sell in the vape forums.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

I have tried Samsung 25R, LG HG2 and VTC5 so far and without a doubt the Sony VTC5 are the best ones and HG2 are close, really good too.

My Milaana is visitng his creator now, can't wait to have her back. The only vape I miss so much when I have to send it is my EVO and that's why I still keep my OG. If the exotic woods come before the Zion I will buy a second one probably...

Talking about that, anyone interested in selling his Zion preorder? I will gladly get it if that's possible (not sure about that)

Ooooh, if it's possible, I'd take the second that wants off that train!

Modnote: Please do not attempt to solicit or sell in the vape forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
MonkeyTime,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Talking about that, anyone interested in selling his Zion preorder? I will gladly get it if that's possible (not sure about that)

Ooooh, if it's possible, I'd take the second that wants off that train!
Normally I would edit or delete posts like these, but I thought it was an opportunity to remind people that you are not allowed to talk about buying or selling (even pre-orders) in the vape threads. If you really want to buy someone's pre-order you are free to post an ad in the Classifieds section.

This public service announcement was brought to you by Jack Herer.

:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
brought to you by Jack Herer.
Ughhhh, I need me some of that. Lucky dog.

I should get my hands on some VTC5, but I already have so many batteries. Maybe I'll give these ones a few more months then toss them.

I might try to get a video of a massive hit from the @DDave mod tonight if possible. I've literally never seen hits this big before dry. If it comes up on video well, you guys will be in for a treat. And if it doesn't, my treat will have already hit me, no worries there ;)

OyVape

Normally I would edit or delete posts like these, but I thought it was an opportunity to remind people that you are not allowed to talk about buying or selling (even pre-orders) in the vape threads. If you really want to buy someone's pre-order you are free to post an ad in the Classifieds section.

This public service announcement was brought to you by Jack Herer.

"I'm Jack Herer and I approve this message..."

Vape Dr.

6TnJR7V.jpg

:rockon:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Here's the pics:

UajKa3p.jpg

O9dr1jS.jpg

:o:o:o:drool::bowdown::luv:

Motherfucker!! @RastaBuddhaTao what amazing pics! Can you share what kind of finishing oil you use? That freaking looks stunning.. Also what sandpaper grain you apply before oiling? I'd love to give one of my sexy maple ladies a good oily brush up!:cool::D

You wanna Milaana? :brow:Go get that oily mom ma!:rockon:

Damn that's sweet, okay I'm listening again. :nod:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks guys... The added steps and manufacturing tooling improvements really have this latest batch... Well, nearly furniture grade ;)

The sanding process starts with sanding the square body/cap assembly on all six sides with medium grit on the belt sander to ensure that trademark seamless feel. It then goes through the routers to put the rounds on. Back to the belt sander with a finer grit to blend the machined edges of the rounds with the body. Sanding sponges are then used in a 4 step dry sanding process followed by a two step wet process were the Mystery Oil food grade butcher block oil is applied with extra fine grit sponges for a final "wet sand". Long and tedious process to give Milaana her form. I am now beginning to understand the brilliance in the simplicity of a simple turning for a log vape.

We will now be offering different grades of wood. The standard Cherry, Walnut, and Butternut will be Premium Grade. Pieces that have special grain patterns or birth marks that stand out will be Select Grade. The final grade will be Signiture grade. These units will be one of a kind artisan pieces.

For instance, as the last batch of wood came across the saw I found myself looking to incorporate knot and worm holes in the wood rather than cut them out. I came across a worm hole that could penetrate the heater glass hole in several spots. This will allow me to eliminate the inlet hole and screen an use this natural air inlet instead.

The work hole inlet air piece has been commissioned by my good friend Craig at Vaped.com & Vaped.ca. You might remember that he wrote the article about Milaana a few months back and stopped by RBT with a couple of freinds to film a promotional video that details the manufacturing process.No question, one of my favorite partners and biggest supporters. Vaped is currently working to set-up a FC retailer account so please stop by his thread and give him a warm welcome when he arrives... And of course stop by Vaped and buy a Milaana!

https://twitter.com/rastabuddhatao/status/791754092855033856

Last edited by a moderator:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Dammit, I'm going to have to sign up to Twitter if I want to 'like' posts, and there are a lot of pic's to like over there:
CvzgJqAXYAEYF64.jpg

Look at these!:
CvYBPg3W8AAjycP.jpg

Especially that bottom row, and the Walnut too.

VnV's one deserves another post as well:
CurBfdOWYAAQGU9.jpg

I just LOVE the way that looks:drool:
It's almost like the body and cap are an uninterrupted piece, that's cool :cool:.

Can you tell that I'm excited by this development? :clap:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks @Copacetic ... Note the worm holes into the heater chamber and the lack of inlet hole in the Vaped.com unit ;)

Nice ingenuity! Like a natural version of the original Milaana, he better make an account, if only to tell us how that puppy performs!

All the units look so fucking gorgeous I can't stand it. Love that the artisan handcrafted feel is back and better than ever! Truly a great time to be vaping Against The Grain!

imamcfatty

When will the various wood types be available for purchase? Not seeing options for choosing the wood on Vaped.com.

imamcfatty,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are those Mil or Zion blanks?

Those are all millies, Zion would be much bigger and I think it already has 200 maple bodies in some stage of readiness for the build

When will the various wood types be available for purchase? Not seeing options for choosing the wood on Vaped.com.

Let him build the damn things first! :p
Still a bit early, hes getting bodies ready

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Ok Ryan for Christmas I would like the 5th starting from the right of that bottom row. Thank you! :love:

(Signed: the annoying frog who kept nagging you since you joined FC :evil:)

But seriously I'd like to reserve that one or another in the same vein (no pun intended) if that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom