Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougBentley

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my Milaana situation. I have been trying to contact RBT but no response from them for a few days now. The battery that came with my milaana is no good. It barely held a charge for the first couple sessions and now it won't even charge at all. And now more issues came up. I love the idea of the milaana (glass and wood- no plastics, chemicals, teflon) but I am pretty disappointed with the vaporizer from the first couple sessions- and definitely disapointed with customer service getting back to me. Send me a message if you read this!

DougBentley,
Reactions: grokit

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
These videos are just too fun! Fast forward to 1:35 for cloudage if you wish.
Two bowls gets me goooooooooooood
0882.cloud-power-banner-300x190.jpg

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my Milaana situation. I have been trying to contact RBT but no response from them for a few days now. The battery that came with my milaana is no good. It barely held a charge for the first couple sessions and now it won't even charge at all. And now more issues came up. I love the idea of the milaana (glass and wood- no plastics, chemicals, teflon) but I am pretty disappointed with the vaporizer from the first couple sessions- and definitely disapointed with customer service getting back to me. Send me a message if you read this!
Hey sent you a PM. The www is down right now so give me a call and we will get ya squared away. First, if you bought from a retailer, see if they supplied the battery and charger of if it is RBT supplied. We intend in the future to charge and test batteries in the unit prior to shipment... Soon in units like these :)

https://twitter.com/rastabuddhatao/status/792035980069003264

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Does the Milaana get hot toward the bottom? I've noticed mine gets pretty hot and I don't remember it being that bad. Only on one side with the button facing right the bottom right corner gets hot. Is this normal?

ApparentlyStoned,

tblast

@DDave I purchased the mod set with the cooling wand, have been using it for about a week now and I love it! The ability to microdose with the 14mm stem is so nice, really turns Mi into a conservation beast. The cooling wand works as advertised, and although it's a fairly ridiculous set up, it's become the only way i use the Milaana at home. I don't take the cooling wand with me though, it's just for home.

I was wondering if I could order a few more of just the 14mm mouth pieces. Only one of mine will hold the basket screens--the other is slightly too wide and the screen just falls out--and i am very prone to clumsy mistakes. I'd love to have a backup or two, so if there's any way I could order a couple of those separately, please let me know!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Does the Milaana get hot toward the bottom? I've noticed mine gets pretty hot and I don't remember it being that bad. Only on one side with the button facing right the bottom right corner gets hot. Is this normal?
My unit doesn't get hot anywhere :shrug:
But I'm blessed with a low tolerance, so I rarely beast my Milaana.

Are you going for monster rips?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave I purchased the mod set with the cooling wand, have been using it for about a week now and I love it! The ability to microdose with the 14mm stem is so nice, really turns Mi into a conservation beast. The cooling wand works as advertised, and although it's a fairly ridiculous set up, it's become the only way i use the Milaana at home. I don't take the cooling wand with me though, it's just for home.

I was wondering if I could order a few more of just the 14mm mouth pieces. Only one of mine will hold the basket screens--the other is slightly too wide and the screen just falls out--and i am very prone to clumsy mistakes. I'd love to have a backup or two, so if there's any way I could order a couple of those separately, please let me know!
@tblast, I don't take my cooling wand out and about either. That's why I kept it modular, so it could be disassembled and you could take only the pieces you wanted. It is also the only way I use my Milaana at home.

I also no longer use a Water Tool with the Mil. This cooling wand setup keeps my vapor cool and I don't have water stealing my flavor!!!

Regarding the additional 14mm pieces, PM sent... :rockon:

Copacetic

Nothing massive. It also takes longer to heat then most users do.
If your Mi is getting hot near the bottom of the battery compartment (is that where you meant?) I suppose it's possible that the battery contact has been bent a little too low causing a bad connection.
If you mean another location is getting hot then I don't have a suggestion, other than getting some advice direct from RBT.

What sort of heat-up times are you experiencing to get a decent rip?

MonkeyTime

Try putting the screens on a table, metal band up or down and flattening them a little. They should hold fine then.

I'm working on a few different SonGs.... one will take the mouthpiece end with a male 14mm on the other end. I'm playing with different lengths to find a sweet spot, I completely agree with @DDave on it needing some flexibility. That much glass could easily put too much pressure on the unit with leverage.

I have two of his kits, love 'em :love: and the cooking unit. I'm hoping the SonG will allow me easy use of the cooling unit in the car.

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
If your Mi is getting hot near the bottom of the battery compartment (is that where you meant?) I suppose it's possible that the battery contact has been bent a little too low causing a bad connection.
If you mean another location is getting hot then I don't have a suggestion, other than getting some advice direct from RBT.

What sort of heat-up times are you experiencing to get a decent rip?
Not the battery side, the other. A solid 10 second heat up.

ApparentlyStoned,

Copacetic

Not the battery side, the other. A solid 10 second heat up.
I have an early unit that may be very slightly cooler than current production, and even then I only need around 5 seconds to prime a seven second hit (I keep button pressed for about half the hit too) so maybe your unit has an issue?

Get in touch with @RastaBuddhaTao by clicking on his name here and looking for 'start a conversation' near the middle of the pop-up box.
I only recommend this as the RBT site is down at the moment (maybe for new developments? :cool:) and you obviously won't be able to contact him that way.

Edit:
Oops, just remembered that RBT doesn't receive 'start a conversation' requests, but hopefully he'll see that I've tagged him here.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
-the other is slightly too wide and the screen just falls out
Apologies, I missed replying about this part.

You can slightly widen any basket screen by giving it a little squeeze as seen here...
AtH2ZXF.jpg
I have two of his kits, love 'em :love: and the cooking unit.
@MonkeyTime glad you're liking the mods! Thanks for the feedback! :rockon:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
OMG fuck me!!!?!

I think I trashed my Mi :(((((

Put it in center console and the button was pressed for like 5 min maybe. Shit was so hot. Both sides are slightly burnt. Bet the inside is smolder roasted done. Bottom glue is coming undone. Ugh

Gonna examine closer. I just got off the road. So bummed

ZC

@beiberhole69

I've disassembled a burnt unit. The wood and glass are burnt. The glass will not clean with iso and salt. It stays black. The screens and heater mesh are clean though.

The Mica is charred and it flakes. The inside of the wood

Still works though! Considering re-using the SS heater mesh in a custom built plug-in zion. Unsure if I should use the flaking mica or source new mica. Won't be able to use the shop for a while though.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
@beiberhole69

I've disassembled a burnt unit. The wood and glass are burnt. The glass will not clean with iso and salt. It stays black. The screens and heater mesh are clean though.

The Mica is charred and it flakes. The inside of the wood

Still works though! Considering re-using the SS heater mesh in a custom built plug-in zion. Unsure if I should use the flaking mica or source new mica. Won't be able to use the shop for a while though.

The glass is a little brown on mine but not terrible. I think it's the wood around the heater/glass is what's totally fucked. If it got so hot the outside got a dark brown, the inside is black AF

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Amazing what a difference a fresh battery makes.

Last night I did two bowls on a fading battery. Definitely got the job done, but reminded me of the old mflb days. Long 10 second heat up and having to hold the button for most of the draw. More subtle 'creep up on you' effects.

Popped in a fresh battery and I am back to taming the beast. Thicker, more potent and effective hits. No more than 5 second heat up and don't hold button on draw, just glide down the face of the wave...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ugh heartbreaking @beiberhole69 just when you two were getting on so well... Ive been afraid of that when I have it in my cup holder but it's got enough room it seems. It is a shame we cant get a real power safety switch like on the Firefly, but se la vi the double edged sword of bare bones simplicity I suppose

MonkeyTime

I've been worried about throwing mine in a bag or the console, but until I read that, hasn't stopped.

There has to be a simple solution. We have an incredible resource with all of these great minds. The Mi stands out partially because of it's simplicity, let's find a similar answer to this problem.

Even a rubber band attached to a cap over the button would probably be enough.

Game on people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom