Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Just ordered Milaana #2 plus some batteries and colored short stems.........psyched!

Just received Milaana #2 in the morning mail.......420edc was right on top of it...ordered Monday night, here today. Good job folks!

Also got three colored glass short stems, plus the long and short that come with, plus they threw in an extra cobalt short stem and a doob tube. Also order four HG2's in addition to the one provided.

New Milaana has already received its first coat of Butch Block conditioner. Batteries are charging.

Broke out an extra Pelican 1050 case, the Milaana and three double 18650 cases will fit, with room for a brush, an E-pic and a Doob Tube. Four batteries, two stems, the vape and accessories, all in an airtight case. This will be my first foray with the Milaana outside of the house, as I have been traveling with either my Crafty or Mighty.

Can't wait to share it with friends!

Glad everything arrived safely. Thank you for the support! Down to a pair in-stock ready to ship.

b0

Cloudy...
Just received Milaana #2 in the morning mail.......420edc was right on top of it...ordered Monday night, here today. Good job folks!

Also got three colored glass short stems, plus the long and short that come with, plus they threw in an extra cobalt short stem and a doob tube. Also order four HG2's in addition to the one provided.

New Milaana has already received its first coat of Butch Block conditioner. Batteries are charging.

Broke out an extra Pelican 1050 case, the Milaana and three double 18650 cases will fit, with room for a brush, an E-pic and a Doob Tube. Four batteries, two stems, the vape and accessories, all in an airtight case. This will be my first foray with the Milaana outside of the house, as I have been traveling with either my Crafty or Mighty.

Can't wait to share it with friends!

Can you take a picture with everything inside to see how it fits? I was thinking about buying a good case for my Mi and that's pelican sounds perfect!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

AJS

Calm Consistency
I chuckled to myself when I thought that you had probably noticed my mistake but had chosen not to correct me ;)

Always such a gent.
You have an intelligence about you that subtly leaks between the lines of your posts ... Sorry if that sounds weird ha!

Just ordered the kit. Could not resist.
Woo! There were so many toys to try out it was overwhelming lol!

He got my order our super fast too. Couldn't believe it. He always seems to. I always imagine him lazily chilling at a desk with his legs kicked up crossed, his computer chimes in when he gets an order, and he pulls a string hanging from his ceiling, which activates the trapdoor of his prepackaged kit, which rolls through a series of obstacles until it finally arrives in the back of the usps truck in exactly 15 minutes (sometimes the friction from the changing weather makes it 16 minutes, he didn't account for that.)

Glad I'm not alone with this kit and I love seeing people getting along with their Milaanas!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks guys! I do try to get kits out ASAP. I am one who hates to wait for something I've ordered! :bang:

I always imagine him lazily chilling at a desk with his legs kicked up crossed, his computer chimes in when he gets an order, and he pulls a string hanging from his ceiling, which activates the trapdoor of his prepackaged kit, which rolls through a series of obstacles until it finally arrives in the back of the usps truck in exactly 15 minutes (sometimes the friction from the changing weather makes it 16 minutes, he didn't account for that.)
@AJS
Actually, this was me when I got your order!
lazy7.jpg

And yeah, I also make the dog pack the kits as well! :rockon:

All the above is kidding! So busy packing kits I can't even find time to eat like a normal person!
laziest-things-to-ever-happen-26-640x3251.jpg

natural farmer

Guys? A link to DDave's kit please?

Oh, my Laana will have to make her second trip stateside... Bro managed to break the heater's glass just from a fall out of his pocket on a thick-ish carpet while sitting in a chair. Laana is a sensitive girl. I wonder if a SS alternative to the heater's glass is something we might see in the future... And why not? Surgical steel with thin walls around the heater would be a viable solution, no? If things stay the way they are Laana will be limited to indoor use by me in the future and used ONLY by me and that's a shame cause the only real reason to have a electric vape as I see it these days is to vape outside when there is some wind and a flame won't cut it and when I vape in public (for stealth reasons)... Otherwise, butane vapes for me all the way! I hate having to pay for fixing broken parts every now and then especially when there are shipping costs involved. :\

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I wonder if a SS alternative to the heater's glass is something we might see in the future... And why not?

I think we already had that discussion, nope? :D

Thermal conductivity of Borosilicate (Pyrex): 1.005 W/(m K)
Thermal conductivity of Stainless Steel : 16 W/(m K) (and up to 19 @ 225°C)

Add to that the shiny surface of SS that absorbs radiant heat even better, and you end up with more than an order of magnitude less efficiency. Your SS female part would rob way more heat and become scorching hot. All this energy would heat the device itself instead of your material.

By comparison maple is 0.16 W/(m K) which places it in the "insulation materials" category (the lower the better), meaning a WonG would be a better choice.

natural farmer

I think we already had that discussion, nope? :D

Thermal conductivity of Borosilicate (Pyrex): 1.005 W/(m K)
Thermal conductivity of Stainless Steel : 16 W/(m K) (and up to 19 @ 225°C)

Add to that the shiny surface of SS that absorbs radiant heat even better, and you end up with more than an order of magnitude less efficiency. Your SS female part would rob way more heat and become scorching hot. All this energy would heat the device itself instead of your material.

By comparison maple is 0.16 W/(m K) which places it in the "insulation materials" category (the lower the better), meaning a WonG would be a better choice.

Well I can't remember every topic discussed, right? :p

So there is no other more durable alternative to glass? Zirconia maybe?

It's a real shame that such an amazing vape is so fragile... Maybe if there was a way to obtain the glass part and it could be fitted by the user using some some o-rings instead of having to be glued? :brow:

Edit: And you mentioned WonG... Why not a WonG with a Mica layer to protect it from being scorched?

ZC

Yeah these options have been discussed a lot.

The heater is a mesh that's pressing against the glass walls, you can't make the glass user replaceable without messing up the heater.

There are a ton of alternatives suggested but the bottom line is that they'd pretty much require redesigning the heater and the whole vape to fit the properties of those materials.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I can't remember every topic discussed, right? :p

So there is no other more durable alternative to glass? Zirconia maybe?

It's a real shame that such an amazing vape is so fragile... Maybe if there was a way to obtain the glass part and it could be fitted by the user using some some o-rings instead of having to be glued? :brow:

Edit: And you mentioned WonG... Why not a WonG with a Mica layer to protect it from being scorched?

Yeah those would all be custom parts, the glass already comes as it is, a lot more costly to build and design, not to mention labor intensive. I'd say no chance of either option really, certainly not for a long while if so. It's the nature of glass, a trade off for the purity is potential durability... Milaana is durable in many other ways though, but with glass you just never know I guess

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
As the wood was going across the saw some interesting knots, grains and work holes were evident. I was thinking of having a "select" grade that are hand picked for their natural beauty and listed with actual pictures on the units unique nature.

With little commercial appeal ? for Milaana outside of the FC (elite vaporist) crowd @RBTCustomerService is working on a plan to target more the 35 to 45 year old lover of fine and unique things demographic. This will allow us to sell art (small volume of hand made works) rather than lithographs (mass commercial marketing). @Dan Morrison is our poster child... That image of him thoughtfully working in his shop is epic.

So, yes, we will eventually do more woods... But what about mixing woods - walnut body/maple cap, different radius selections, getting the wood blank square and you carve, router, sand, stain, and wood burn to your liking and then send it back for me to build... I have a Cherry block that I cut such that a knot hole will be the air inlet and I will leave the inlet out for a one of a kind vape. What about a less expensive 2x4 square offering? Unlike plastic parts I can change routing and radius options at will (see Twitter)

So, how do we get upscale artisan in order to be sustainable on low volumes? What are your pie in the sky dreams for the RBT brand and it's offerings? Thanks for the continued support as we try to get this thing off the ground.

RBTMarketing

Company Rep
As the wood was going across the saw some interesting knots, grains and work holes were evident. I was thinking of having a "select" grade that are hand picked for their natural beauty and listed with actual pictures on the units unique nature.

With little commercial appeal ? for Milaana outside of the FC (elite vaporist) crowd @RBTCustomerService is working on a plan to target more the 35 to 45 year old lover of fine and unique things demographic. This will allow us to sell art (small volume of hand made works) rather than lithographs (mass commercial marketing). @Dan Morrison is our poster child... That image of him thoughtfully working in his shop is epic.

So, yes, we will eventually do more woods... But what about mixing woods - walnut body/maple cap, different radius selections, getting the wood blank square and you carve, router, sand, stain, and wood burn to your liking and then send it back for me to build... I have a Cherry block that I cut such that a knot hole will be the air inlet and I will leave the inlet out for a one of a kind vape. What about a less expensive 2x4 square offering? Unlike plastic parts I can change routing and radius options at will (see Twitter)

So, how do we get upscale artisan in order to be sustainable on low volumes? What are your pie in the sky dreams for the RBT brand and it's offerings? Thanks for the continued support as we try to get this thing off the ground.

@RastaBuddhaTao said it right. We want to bring this brand to artisan level. To expand on Ryan's questions: What is the least you would pay for a mixed wood? What's the most you would pay?

What about for the 2x4 square offering, what is the least you'd pay? Most you'd pay?

How would you reach out to future potential customers? We love the FC crowd and all you have done to help bring the company to our current level. Now we need to keep the company sustainable.

I'm going to help Ryan draft a scalable marketing plan to make this happen.

Thanks again for all your support!

Best,
Steve
RBT Team

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Send units to vape critic and buzz danklin.

Send units to strain central, and custom grow 420...

Maybe nobody is buying it because virtually 0 of these folks has a review out?

Pretty sure this has been mentioned numerous times but I haven't bothered reading RBT threads religiously for some time.

Mainstream buyers definitely find a vape critic review or custom grow 420 video long before they find FC. The reviews currently out have 500 views.

Not really getting the word out, as I have never seen any mention of this product anywhere besides these niche sites.

Send a unit to High Times as well. Couldn't hurt.

Philreal187

I think the customization option with certainly generate more attention. I like what 7th floor does with endless color choices and upgraded heady glass. I understand this is a well established company and can provide options but starting small like the custom log companies with waiting list creates a one of a kind attraction. Social media is free and open to the world! I would push daily pictures, small give aways, and anything else on ig, fb, ect.. I also agree with contacting the well known youtube reviewers, that was my starting point when looking for my first portable prior to learning about fc, which came later after googling the vape I was interested in.

Finally celebrity endorsement someone call the wu tang those guys can sell anything!! If not country is America's to selling music and Willy Nelson vapes!! Send one to joe rogan maybe he will mention it on a podcast that gets tens of thousands of views in days..

Rbt is best at thinking out side the box and this will bring the right crowd along within time!!

Best of luck @RastaBuddhaTao & @RBTCustomerService

AJS

Calm Consistency
Mainstream buyers definitely find a vape critic review or custom grow 420 video long before they find FC. The reviews currently out have 500 views.
I agree! Except for custom grow 420 lol ... He overhypes everything and has a poor reputation now lol.

Getting some out to some reviewers would be awesome though. Not sure why that wasn't the first thing done lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom